Maurice Taylor waived

rady

Administrator
Staff member
NEW YORK, September 29, 2006 – New York Knickerbockers President of Basketball Operations and Head Coach Isiah Thomas announced today that forward Maurice Taylor has been waived.

Taylor, 6-9, 265-pounds, averaged 6.3 points, 3.4 rebounds and 18.1 minutes in 67 games for the Knicks last season.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/taylor_060928.html

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This transaction worked best for both sides. We relieve a lil cap in 1 year and Mo Taylor can steal some minutes from somebody else on another team because he and Malik are not going to play at all...

Starks

Starter
Thank God we don't have to look at his doofy looking face anymore. I never liked this piece of trash, and this goes back to his Rocket days. Who is on the chopping block next? James? Rose? Kudos for getting rid of the expensive dead weight

NYKnicks15

Starter
Actually Isiah and the rest of the team viewed Maurice as a locker room cancer or potential one at least. He has said recently that Larry wasn't to blame and it's the bad roster that was the problem.

And the Knicks have invited two bigs to roster camp.. we will sign one. Virginia Forward Elton Brown and Wichita State Center Paul Miller who was on our summer league program.

and according to Marc Berman Elton Brown has been giving Eddy Curry a tough time in scrimmages. Bad news for Curry good news for Brown. Ill get more on this guy as I find it.

Big C

Benchwarmer
This was a good move becaue Mo was not going to get playing time anyway. Lee will me the main pf next to Frye.

Toons

is the Bo$$
if we sign woods back, we would have too many small fowards

jalen rose
q rich
balkman
j.jeff

thats 4 out of 12 spots to small fowards

i hated mo taylor anyway, him and malik taylor, they both need to go...what do you guys think of isiah now?

NYKnicks15 said:
Actually Isiah and the rest of the team viewed Maurice as a locker room cancer or potential one at least. He has said recently that Larry wasn't to blame and it's the bad roster that was the problem.

And the Knicks have invited two bigs to roster camp.. we will sign one. Virginia Forward Elton Brown and Wichita State Center Paul Miller who was on our summer league program.

and according to Marc Berman Elton Brown has been giving Eddy Curry a tough time in scrimmages. Bad news for Curry good news for Brown. Ill get more on this guy as I find it.

A bit of Info on Brown's career in UVA. Has a decent jumper, actually fell in love with the 3pter a bit too much at the beginning. He cut that out later on and stayed inside where he scored at will. That's the good, the bad is he came to UVa around 300lbs, shed about 50 of it, but didn't gain much athleticism. He's wasn't very fast. I don't think I've ever saw him dunk in HS or college. It shocks me to hear he's done well enough for you guys to sign him. He had a lot of promise coming out of HS, for whatever reasons he didn't live up to the hype. I will be following this however, hope he makes the team and does well for you guys.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Glad they cut one dead weight bitch off the team..however they got along way to go in that dept. But it is a small step in the right direction...conversly Mo Taylor is telling the truth about this team...THE ROSTER IS TERRIBLE. We just dont have the hustle hard nose players like we used to be known for in NY. Too many wanna be superfly brothas not enough ball players.