Balkman is going to cause one of these players to be benched

Big C

Benchwarmer
I think Isiah has plans to included Balkman in this ten man rotation.

This means that either Jalen, Q, or Nate will not play.

If Nate plays I feel he will get limited minutes. Balkman is a defensive guy that brings energy. Therefore his presence is going to be needed on the court. The same thing with Jeffries. These two new acquisitions I'm sure Isiah whats to prove that he made the right choice.

Marbury/Jamal
Francis/Q or Nate
Jeffries/Balkman
Frye/Lee
Curry/James

You can expect Marbury, Francis, Jeffries, Frye (If he does not get into foul trouble) to be playing the balk of the minutes on this team.

Here are is what might happen: ( Would for Jamal to Francis minutes)

Curry ( 30 ) / James ( 13 )/Frye (5)
Frye ( 25 ) / Lee ( 18 )( Jeffries (5)
Jeffries ( 20 ) / QRich or Jalen ( 17 ) Balkman (11)
Francis ( 33 ) / Crawford ( 15 )
Marbury ( 36 ) / Crawford ( 12 )

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i think francis will pull a penny hardaway this year and just stay away from the team as far as posible, get some upside and jump to a benefitial team to him, some team that can really use him because ill be frank, stevie franchize is a hella good player and he deserves a title shot. i expect robinson and balkman to get increased minutes for their energy and hustle along with balkman and jeffries' defensive capabilities. ultimatly, i think it makes sense that rose's minutes will suffer this year

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Do you think that teams would take Steve F now? Rather than "stay away" I think he needs to play and play well...otherwise, I can't see anyone taking him on (especially not a contender).

I like the rotation 1-4...the Curry/James part scares me...Curry gets a foul for taking off his shooting shirt and James...well, James is one of those guys that makes NBA players look bad.
I have to think that when Curry is in foul trouble we may see Jeffries slide to the 5 and the team will really play some smallball...

Hey, whatever happens at least basketball season is upon us all and we can look forward to actual games and things to discuss!!!!!!!!!

Big C

Benchwarmer
Ewing33 said:
Do you think that teams would take Steve F now? Rather than "stay away" I think he needs to play and play well...otherwise, I can't see anyone taking him on (especially not a contender).

I like the rotation 1-4...the Curry/James part scares me...Curry gets a foul for taking off his shooting shirt and James...well, James is one of those guys that makes NBA players look bad.
I have to think that when Curry is in foul trouble we may see Jeffries slide to the 5 and the team will really play some smallball...

Hey, whatever happens at least basketball season is upon us all and we can look forward to actual games and things to discuss!!!!!!!!!

I can't see Jeffries play the 5 , however I can see Frye playing the 5. I feel that new kid Brown will get sign and perhaps he will be Curry's backup at center.

Big C

Benchwarmer
ny3nyk said:
i think francis will pull a penny hardaway this year and just stay away from the team as far as posible, get some upside and jump to a benefitial team to him, some team that can really use him because ill be frank, stevie franchize is a hella good player and he deserves a title shot. i expect robinson and balkman to get increased minutes for their energy and hustle along with balkman and jeffries' defensive capabilities. ultimatly, i think it makes sense that rose's minutes will suffer this year

Francis worked out with John Lucas this summer, and Lucas said Francis is in great shape. I expect Francis to have a comeback year because he has alot to prove. Francis likes to be consider one of the elite players. The only way that can happen is if he plays well.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
if lucas said francis has reallly improved his game, then teams would definitly be interested in him come feb.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is what i don't realize....why are we going to trade francis if he's playing well and making us win? That's not what Isiah is going to do...I can see him trading him away if he plays bad but if the francis-marbury backcourt works then no one should expect Francis to get traded. I can't wait to see if this backcourt works...Marbury is a man on fire, Francis is a man on fire...hopefully they can spread the fire and let this team scorch the NBA because we easily have the most athletic team in the NBA...

Big C

Benchwarmer
Agreed! Especially if we are winning. There is no reason to trade Francis if we are winning. If anything Nate and Jalen will be trade if Francis has a good year.

The only way I see Francis getting traded if he plays good and Francis demands a trade.

Last edited by a moderator:

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I dont think Balkman will get a good spot. Because he's gonna have to go through player with all of experience. Like Curry, M. Rose, Jefferies, James, even Frye and Lee