I'd have to disagree. I think the reason we did commit turnovers was because we were playing slow and out of most of the rosters style. Steph & Steve have always loved to push the ball, Q obviously likes to play that style and Nate & JC also liked that face past game.
Steve Nash is a MVP BECAUSE of this offense.. his stats were no where near what he does now in Dallas. AND its not an arguement of tools around him because he had more tools I think in Dallas then he has in PHO. And if thats a case his MVP self should of had more assists in DAL.
And that whole "strengths thing"..
1. Marbury will be driving to the hole. Transition baskets and running get those more easy. So hell be doing that with this style.
2. Eddy's strength is creating his own shot? I beg to differ man. Last year we all agree he wasnt up to par with Larry trying to feed him and making him hold the ball for seconds on end and shoot. He needs the ball fed in at the right moment for a strong dunk. Look at his success in Chicago. Gordon/Hinrich just forced it in there.
3. Pick and rolls are still a possibility. When PHO plays they dont just run and shoot. they set the O a lot and look for the open three or a mismatched opponent. So I think thats a big possibility still. I think what Frye should do (besides for bulkin up which he did) is extend his range to the 3 cause that would make him lethal in this O.
4. Our speed. athleticism etc.. will create second opportunies.. I see Lee going after some 10 foot rebounds...
5. Stealing and dunks.. doesnt that sound like PHO highstyle transition game?
6. Defense. This I have to agree with. D is an important thing. and I think Isiah will stress that. BUT I also think with three 6'11 players on the court at the same time disrupting shots will be a common thing in our games. and Q who knows this style knows how to play D on it.
All in all I think if done right this will be a real plus. and no one said D wasnt involved in fact I think with Isiah (like I said) it will be heavily taught. Also from reports its just up tempo no one ever said run and gun. time well tell.. but I personally think itll be a plus.