New York Post: Curry is in Shape

Big C

Benchwarmer
NIMBLE KNICK: CURRY GETS FIT
By MARC BERMAN

October 2, 2006 -- When the Knicks reported to training camp one year ago, Isiah Thomas completed the Eddy Curry blockbuster and optimism ran amok as the Larry Brown Era began.
Brown was a disaster, Curry a disappointment. At least the 6-11 Curry now gets a chance at redemption as the Knicks report for training camp today and attempt to erase the memory of last season's 23-59 epic collapse. First practice is tomorrow under the specter of the Brown contract-arbitration hearing in Manhattan.

Curry will take the flight to Charleston, ahead of schedule from the rusty and out-of-shape player who reported late a year ago. It took four days before Curry was allowed to practice as he underwent heart tests before the Bulls' trade became official. During the summer, Thomas said, "He has a great chance to become an all-star in this offense. That's my job as a coach."
It was Curry's job to report to training camp in much better shape than last October. And judging by last week's informal 4-on-4 scrimmages, he looks fit. The first practice is tomorrow.

Knicks assistant Mark Aguirre spent three weeks with Curry in Chicago. But the biggest difference is this summer Curry played in the legendary Chicago pickup games dominated by NBA players at the West Loop Athletic Club. The games are run by trainer Tim Grover, who worked with Michael Jordan for 16 years. Shawn Marion, Antoine Walker, Michael Finley, Juwan Howard, Shaun Livingston and Bobby Simmons all participate through August.[/quote]

http://www.nypost.com/seven/1002200..._knick__curry_gets_fit_knicks_marc_berman.htm

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Glad to see that Curry is in shape. Hopefully, he is also motivated and views this season as his opportunity to turn his career around. He has to know that he is running out of chances.

Hopefully, he can soon prove that he was worth what Isiah gave up to get him.

Toons

is the Bo$$
good news for knick fans everywhere, curry and james stepping to the plate, now all they have to do now is rise to yhe occasion

portega1968

El Cacique
I knew this bullshit about Curry being in shape was just spin... da' fool had to be helped yesterday to complete his sprints. It's amazing all the money these assholes get for their subpar performance. This fat lazy slob needs to show now, THIS YEAR, his upside 'cause he's looking like a 23yrold bust to me from down here.

And JJ, what can you say... this guy has more excuses than what a high school teacher gets in ten years. At 30, he also needs to step up now or take his fat butt to a retirement home

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But he didn't quit this time...so what does that tell us? He's growing a lil more and is gaining a lil more heart...it's kind of hard for anyone to finish sprints when you're 275-295 pounds. I bet you the Shaq that played for the lakers couldn't finish his sprints but he played about 35 minutes a game...so don't cry over what the media tells you...wait til the season so you can see it for yourself...then judge your own opinion...

Allen

Benchwarmer
Jerome James got hurt again. He is a lost cause. This guy gets hurt just getting out of bed in the morning.

Someone remind me again why Isiah signed this guy?

e_D

Benchwarmer
Jerome James is the man. How many other people do you know who can get called for a personal foul while sitting on the bench?

dabish105

Benchwarmer
Im glad to hear he is in shape because we will need a good year from him to shut some critics up. Call me a homer but I'm actually pretty excited about this season.

NYKnicks15

Starter
Media-Day-Nate-Robinson-Edd.jpg
Media-Day-Eddy-Curry-061002.jpg
Media-Day-Eddy-Cuury-Tskiti.jpg

not the best pictures from media day butttt you can definitely tell he is much much trimmer!!!