Thread: The starting line up as been named.

Hybrid View

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo The starting line up as been named.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

According to NYTimes Isiah Thomas has named a starting rotation. As most of us expected, Marbury and Francis will start in the backcourt, Jared Jefferies and Frye will start as forwards and Curry is the starting center. Second unit includes Robinson and Jamal Crawford in the backcourt, with Richardson and Lee at forward. Guess every one else is assed out. I really want to see what these guys can do together will a full season. Seems to me like the chemistry is there. As Curry was struggling with is laps it's reported that David Lee and Quinton Richardson slowed down to Curry's speed as a show of support. Hopefully we can see the same chemistry between Francis and Marbury.

That would be a starting lineup. Except, Jared Jeffries starting at the 3 spot. I think Quentin Richardson would be better starting that position.

That would prolly be a bad idea since Q-Rich's D isn't up to par like Jeffries. Plus it'll stabilize our backcourt since we have francis and marbury needing alot of shots. Besides, I think Q-Rich is better coming off the bench for us anyways...

Originally Posted by donchris
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

According to NYTimes Isiah Thomas has named a starting rotation. As most of us expected, Marbury and Francis will start in the backcourt, Jared Jefferies and Frye will start as forwards and Curry is the starting center. Second unit includes Robinson and Jamal Crawford in the backcourt, with Richardson and Lee at forward. Guess every one else is assed out. I really want to see what these guys can do together will a full season.

I don't like the idea of a starting backcourt Marbury/Francis, but as long as both players are on the roster, there is no other way. Let's hope the prove me wrong and make it work.

The two line-ups mentioned in the article above don't look bad to me. It's important for our young players to get minutes.
    But what will happen with JRose. If there won't be any trades or buyouts, I don't think he'll warm up the bench until his contract has expired.

I'd rather see him shipped out for another center.

i like what isiah is doing. he did somehting a month before the season, something brown couldnt get right for 82 games. now the starting lineup will have time to gel and perfect their game as a unit.

I think that this all makes sense. The starting team is more of a traditional half-court pound the ball set. Jeffries makes sense on this lineup because of his defense, in particular shot blocking, and the presumption that, while none of the starters is a great rebounder, three 6-11 players aught to be able to manage.

The second team will preseumeably have the best two rebounders, Lee and James, and (except for James) be able to run the court. Lee's court sense and passing should also help get the break started. QRich could also be used to spot up for threes on the break, if the defense manages to get back to the rim. Occasionally, they may try Jeffries and/or Frye for a small-ball 2nd team that can really run the court.

I can't wait until we see Isiah's complete rotation.

Veteran

Yeah I like this for two reasons, one we have a defined starting lineup. Something we never clinched last season under Brown.. that a statement in its own right. Then you have a good mix on that lineup. Stephon and Francis who can both bring up the ball (hell even Jeffries can) and score on will, then Jeffries and his D and Frye/Curry to bigs that can also score. Not to mention a 6'11, 6'11, 6'11 front court. Pretty crazy.

Now as for the rotation I think the forward/centers is already decided. That's why Maurice wanted out (along with a few other reasons). We werent going to use him nor even for trade purposes so why have him sit there and be a cancer?

I think you'll see James/Lee/M.Rose all play. and the amount M.Rose plays will be based on James play. I really like M.Rose btw, not so much his ball playing but his leadership and professional like mentality. He is someone this team needs and I hope he isnt trade. Because even sitting the bench he'll be a plus.

The backcourt is a little more difficult I think Collins (and whoever we sign) along with Jalen Rose will get the least amount of minutes. Rose is a sitting contract at the moment and even though a close friend to Isiah I'm not sure his status.

In the least well have an exciting year. With a qualified team. I think we should expect one more signing and one more trade within the upcoming months though. Only time will tell

I'm lovin this backcourt...if Francis gets back to his old ways then we're a team on fire. There's no ifs about marbury...Marbury will return, his game went a lil sour under LB but now that Isiah will give Marbury his freedom, Marbury will return to his dominant days. I can forsee an offensive powerhouse already in this team...it's the defense that has to show up to turn into wins.

The defense is what troubles me about the lineup. Curry and Frye are not exactly known for their shock-blocking ability and interior defense. Jerome James is a mess.
    I actually don't like Francis starting, that should be Crawford's spot. He earned it with his steller play last season. Francis on the other hand, hasn't done anything to deserve a starting spot. He should be on the bench and be made to earn a starting spot like Crawford did.

Yeah we will be running and gunning this time but the problem is our pg's name is marbury, not Kidd or Nash.

Not to be a pessimist but I still have reservations about how this group can deal with the powerhouses of the east, like Detroit, Ben Wallace in Chicago, Lebron in Cleveland, Shaq and Wade in Miami, Jermaine O'neil in Indiana, and the Nets.
    Last edited by Allen; Oct 08, 2006 at 20:31.