Cut three or NBDL?

nixon7

Benchwarmer
The current Knicks roster has 18 players.

Presumeably, three need to be cut from Tskitishvili, Miller, Clark, and Brown.

However, outside of a trade, one might want to retain Miller and Brown.

This will not be possible unless someone gets sent to the NBDL, which brings Balkman and Collins into play.

I would like to see two or even three of these prospects get sent to the NBDL to get real playing time to develop rather than languishing on the inactive list or getting cut.

What do others think of this idea? If so, who would you send? The truly marginal players or the better prospects such as Balkman and Miller?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Man more players need to go then that. I have a problem with guys getting paid for nothing. Right now there's not much that can be done about it but I've said this before. I don't see why a team needs more than 12 players. You can only play 5 at a time. 12 or 13 max is all that is needed. 15-18 players is unecessary. As far as the rookies and potential rookies, we don't need any more guards. NO MORE GUARDS!!! The 7 ft Nikoloz Tskitishvili sounds like he could be a keeper if he can block a few shots and play some D.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I remember hearin good stuff about Nikoloz Tskitishvili when he was drafted which was also the draft when camby got traded for mcdyess but anyway i dont know how old this guy is but i agree he could potentially be good player. Alot of those international players appear to take longer to develop and i use the word appear cuz american players more often have an immediate impact because of athleticism but most players still reach their potential between 26 and 29. Well i just researched it, hes still only 23 but he i dont think the knicks have room for him. Hes never really gotten much playin time and i dont see him getting it with the knicks unless he bulks up and becomes a backup center replacing jerome Lames. Waive him