Frye and Lee in great shape

littleed511

Rookie
It's nice to see the rookies got into shape...

NY Post Writes:
A bulked-up Channing Frye, coming off a partially torn knee ligament, has improved all facets of his game, including his shooting touch. Frye and forward David Lee spent the whole summer hanging in the Westchester gym in the day, and hanging in Manhattan at night. They both looked in great shape.

I think Frye is gonna bring a huge lift to this team now that he's bulked up. He's a guy everyone may be forgetting with the superstar backcourt and Curry upfront...Frye and Curry will determine if we make the playoffs

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Im expecting great things from both of these guys this season. Lee had some flashes last season but he didn't have consistent minutes. Hopefully they'll both stay healthy and make major contributions to the Knicks.

Agree with you 100% Frye and Curry will definatly dictate what type of team we have. But the only problem is Curry gets into too much foul trouble and fatigues too fast that he is only capable of playing half the game. Last year Jackie Butler filled in nicely at backup center but we lost him this year. Who are we going to turn to when Curry is out of the game? Please dont tell me Jerome James who came into camp 50 lbs overweight and torn his plantar faciaitis 7 min. into the first workout. And are you really expecting Jared Jeffries to D up and bang with big guys in the paint. Who will we turn too, we have no depth at that position.

littleed511

Rookie
Let's face it, power centers don't exist in the league much anymore. By power I mean ewing, shaq, olajuwon, motumbo, david robinson...Curry happens to be one of the more powerful centers to come into the league in quite some time...So to answer your question on how we will fill the void for when curry gets injured ill say this...with jeffries, frye and curry upfront we have 3 guys that are 6-11...you can expect frye to move over to the center position sometimes otherwise expect to see Jerome James in there (when and if healthy) for a good 12-15 minutes per game...going back to my point about power centers is the fact that when we play a guy like Yao Ming he doesnt really play around the basket that much so to put a guy like jeffries on him shouldn't be so big of an issue...what can I say when we play shaq we can only hope and pray we win that game cause its not going to be easy...I think Lee can play a big role this year because when we need someone to replace curry at center lee can play a little power forward because he attacked the boards so well...on all other nights that we dont play teams with real centers the other team is at just a big of a disadvantage as we are...ill leave off with a question...Name me 5 teams that have a center that can actually be dominant?

I agree with you that the power centers of the last decade are going extinct. But there is a new breed of centers in todays game. Athletic Big men who have an inside and outside game, that can run the floor, and can domintate as well. I can name you, Tim Duncan, Amare Staudmire, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Jermaine Oneil. Now although I agree with you that Curry has good offensive skills, He is unathletic and has absolutly zero defense. He has no range and can't knock down a freethrow if you gave him another 10 million a year. He fatigues too fast and commits foolish fouls time after time. And if you are counting on Jerome James on playing 15-20 min a game- dont forget this is the same guy who couldnt stay on the court last year. If he wasnt getting fatigued after 2 min then he was commiting these blatant stupid fouls. At one point late in the season he had more personal fouls then his point totals and rebound totals. He is fat, has no brain, and has a tear in his plantar facia(foot)- so please dont count on him for anything. were going to have to put a lot of pressure on chanin making him play probably 15-20 min at center and 25 min at pf. He bulked up and has the will and mental capacity to get the job done.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Very good point. I need to see what Jeffries can do. Personally I'd like to see David Lee start as SF. I'm not going to campaign for it but I think he may be able to pull it off. But then again we do need a defensive presence.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Chanin7Lee42 said:
I agree with you that the power centers of the last decade are going extinct. But there is a new breed of centers in todays game. Athletic Big men who have an inside and outside game, that can run the floor, and can domintate as well. I can name you, Tim Duncan, Amare Staudmire, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Jermaine Oneil. Now although I agree with you that Curry has good offensive skills, He is unathletic and has absolutly zero defense. He has no range and can't knock down a freethrow if you gave him another 10 million a year. He fatigues too fast and commits foolish fouls time after time. And if you are counting on Jerome James on playing 15-20 min a game- dont forget this is the same guy who couldnt stay on the court last year. If he wasnt getting fatigued after 2 min then he was commiting these blatant stupid fouls. At one point late in the season he had more personal fouls then his point totals and rebound totals. He is fat, has no brain, and has a tear in his plantar facia(foot)- so please dont count on him for anything. were going to have to put a lot of pressure on chanin making him play probably 15-20 min at center and 25 min at pf. He bulked up and has the will and mental capacity to get the job done.

We all must realize that not only are the centers changing in our league but the league is changing. This game of basketball has gone from being a defensive grind it out kind of game to a softer-run and gun league. When evolving like that, the type of players are going to have to change because the more powerful Centers wouldn't fit into many coaches offenses since most power centers today are going to be out of shape. Things have changed drastically from the game back in the day. Work ethic, team pride, playing to win a championship, etc. So when we say the Centers are changing, we have to realize that the league is changing and the centers are only changing as a result of that.

Great Point!! The league has changed. The money has taken over team pride and playing to win are gone. Also where the hell are the old rivalries. Knicks-Bulls , Knicks- Heat, Knicks -Pacers. Theyre all gone. Maybe its just because the knicks arent what they once were, or maybe they really are gone.