Preseason opener: Knicks vs Nets Game Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
First test starts tonight against our rivals from jersey. Time to see what isiah managed to do this summer/fall with the team

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
This roster still sucks...bunch of overpaid complainers and whiners...Isiah saying it will take time please...hes got 30 games to get this team to a winning record...if he doesnt dont be surprised if he is fired and gone. Hes inflated the cap of this team he has to succeed at this point...if he doesnt time to go in a new direction. But we'll still be stuck with this lackluster roster. But tonight we will see if him being coach of this bunch of losers will work. If he pulls off a great season it will be about damn time, if he falls on his face it will be well what'd u expect.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I still cant wait to see the game tonight ive been waitin 4 the st preseason game since the last summer league game yeah i know its only preseason but when u got a team like the knicks i think our preseason is a lot more interesting then miami detroits or the spurs or any team like that

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
KnicksFan4Realz said:
This roster still sucks...bunch of overpaid complainers and whiners...Isiah saying it will take time please...hes got 30 games to get this team to a winning record...if he doesnt dont be surprised if he is fired and gone. Hes inflated the cap of this team he has to succeed at this point...if he doesnt time to go in a new direction. But we'll still be stuck with this lackluster roster. But tonight we will see if him being coach of this bunch of losers will work. If he pulls off a great season it will be about damn time, if he falls on his face it will be well what'd u expect.

Damn, are you sure you're not a Nets fan?

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i expect the knicks to give 100% to our across-rivers rivals. the thing i am exited to see what the starteing line up is and how our offense is structured. i also expect this to be anybody's game, a very fun high paced game. go knick!@#$%^&*

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
KnicksFan4Realz said:
It is sad that you feel this way...since you can't see the numerous talents that we have on this roster. Steve Francis a loser?? The same loser that was Co-ROY, All-Star, and put up sick stats just two years ago? Curry...who has as much potential as any Center in the league? Frye, Q-Rich, Jalen Rose, Stephon Marbury, JC, Nate Rob??? All these guys are losers and whiners?? I think somebody has been listening to the media a lil too much....

Trin_Starr

Starter
Don't worry 1 and only - u'll see all the haters singing a different tune when the team starts winnin' - fickle will be the only word to describe them

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
The 1 and Only said:
It is sad that you feel this way...since you can't see the numerous talents that we have on this roster. Steve Francis a loser?? The same loser that was Co-ROY, All-Star, and put up sick stats just two years ago? Curry...who has as much potential as any Center in the league? Frye, Q-Rich, Jalen Rose, Stephon Marbury, JC, Nate Rob??? All these guys are losers and whiners?? I think somebody has been listening to the media a lil too much....

First of all...TWO YEARS AGO...youre telling me about 2 yrs ago?? Are you kidding me? His best days are behind him at this point him playing with Steph is not going to work you have two of the same kind of PG on the same team..that was really brilliant..not to mention the fact he is no longer worth the money he is getting paid...but leave it to dumbass Zeke to just keep inflating this team to the point no one wants to trade with the KNICKS.

All I keep hearing about Eddy Curry is potential, potential, potential,..ummm excuse me but isnt this will be his 5th season...come on now...the time for him to really still be in the "potential" phase of his career is over...In NBA years hes a grown ass man.

Frye still has potential and he showed something this past season..as with Nate...

Jalen Rose is too old...come on now he is taking up a valuable roster spot at this point and is only going to get to play because of the money he is making this season.

Starbury's best years were in Minnesota...since then he has been nothing but a scorer..great for fantasy league..but not a team player...how come every team that has had him year after they traded him away made the playoffs??

Thats a statistical fact by the way which Steph did own up too....he been in the league 10 yrs now....after all this time its him not everyone else.

And Q Rich is a bust....PHX was all but ohh so happy to unload...his game hasnt been the same since he and D Miles both got out of LAC..and speaking of which he aint doing shit either.

This franchise would have been better off if Zeke would have gutted them team been crappy for 2 seasons and tried rebuilding through the draft...getting all the cap room they could and getting free agents that can really play....

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Great first win. A team effort as the boxscore shows! a little worried about curry who's giving up to many fouls and turnovers

NYKnicks15

Starter
Im not so worried about Curry. Its the first full paced game everyones a little rusty plus usually all centers have a tough time playing again Krstic even Shaq.

Great showing by Balkman which is a huge plus. and the same with Q-Rich. From how much Isiah is hyping Q-Rich youd think hes tryin to trade him haha. Portlands scouts were in attendance by the way hmm. I hope we keep Q though. Get rid of J-Rose and work Q into the rotation.

Pretty positive game, well see how we do against the 76ers.

Starks

Starter
I heard M. Williams looked pretty good. If he keeps up, I wouldn't be shocked if rumors of Kidd being available started flying around. Not that it helps the Knicks though. I wouldn't trade Jalen for trash, I say we just let a contract expire for once. I know alot of people say that fans shouldn't worry about payroll, but it does effect us. Ticket prices, and most improtantly salary cap. We need cap room to make a run at stars like Bosh Wade and James someday.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I have to admit, I liked what I saw. There were still too many turnovers for my taste and Curry still gets into foul trouble. I liked how the second squad played. Very nice outing for the team.

Though, I still don't like Francis starting over Crawford.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yea i dont know what to think about that either, crawford or francis im about 50/50 cuz crawford was arguably the best knick last year but with all the money francis is being paid....I think we just gotta wait and see how marbury and francis do playin 2gether but as far as curry yeah he did turn the ball over and get into foul trouble but its only the 1st preseason game. Gotta remain optimistic about him. Very impressed with balkmen, lee looked good, other teams r gonna begin 2 respect the knicks

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Nice win for Knicks. Hopefully they'll cut down on turnovers in time. I was really impressed with Q. If he keeps playing like this, he definitely needs to stay a Knick. He also has to stay healthy though.

I wish that game against Philly was gonna be on TV.