Thread: J.Jeffries injured! out 6 weeks

Default J.Jeffries injured! out 6 weeks

Oct 16 Jeffries is expected to miss the beginning of the regular season because of a broken left wrist. The Knicks forward hurt his wrist on Friday against the Nets in his New York debut. An exam on Sunday revealed a non-displaced fractured wrist. Coach Isiah Thomas said Monday during a conference call that Jeffries could be sidelined three to six weeks, though the Knicks said they would have a better idea Tuesday. <<from yahoo.com

is this where things go downhill? or can we make it up with our depth? maybe jalen rose can step up, or q.rich...what do u guys think?

Move your feet...lose your seat...we have enough depth to take this blow....put Q-Rich in the game he'll play decent D.

That can only mean one thing. Throw Balkman into the game! this is his chance

This will definitely give Balkman a chance to contribute to the team. Him and Q will be able to play. I am hoping that Jalen Rose will also be able to contribute. I don't think that Jeffries' injury should be cause for alarm. The Knicks should be fine.

Veteran

Real big blow here, but expect J-Rose to enter the rotation along with Q-Rich. My money is on Q starting. I think even M.Rose and Balkman could enter the rotation here and Id be happy with that. It really really really depends on what Isiahs intentions with Jalen are.

Default Lee should start

why hasnt anyone mentioned david lees name in all of this. This guy showed what he could do last year and showed that he is a strong contributor. He loves to hustle and go after loose balls. Thats what we need, a hard worker. He also bulked up this past offseason, and improved his game. Last year he started during their 6 game win streak, he is the right man for the job. Also like jefferies he is unselfish on offense and knows that the ball is better off in the hands of the better shooters. If we put in Q or Jamal each one of those guys is gonna want to jack up their shots, and we just dont need that we have enough people who want the ball in this lineup we dont need to add to that.

Lee is the closest thing to jeffries...all we need from that 3 spot is defense...out 1,2,4 and 5 all know how to score..

GET DAVID LEE IN THE GAME

Veteran

because it is common knowledge that David Lee is our backup Power Forward. Yes we did have that winning streak with him at SF but he only played half of the first quarter there. I like Lee a lot but he is too slow to play the SF. He is a PF. I remember in that streak the SF were beasting on us.

Lee is out backup PF when our team is intact we have a injured player that we need to replace...so take your common knowledge elsewhere

The SF's in those games during the win streak were Marion, Jamison, Rashard Louis, Lebron, al harrington (18 pts) and Josh Howard (18 pts)...Those other 4 guys were gonna score regardless...thats if david lee was on em or michael jordan was on them...

Lee starts at the SF shifts over to PF when frye leaves game...Q is a decent defender but he didnt work for us last year...we need size to take up more room on the court Lee is great for this team.

Originally Posted by littleed511
    Lee is out backup PF when our team is intact we have a injured player that we need to replace...so take your common knowledge elsewhere

The SF's in those games during the win streak were Marion, Jamison, Rashard Louis, Lebron, al harrington (18 pts) and Josh Howard (18 pts)...Those other 4 guys were gonna score regardless...thats if david lee was on em or michael jordan was on them...

Lee starts at the SF shifts over to PF when frye leaves game...Q is a decent defender but he didnt work for us last year...we need size to take up more room on the court Lee is great for this team.

wow newbie knows his ish... my startin 5 would look somethin like this...
    pg-marbury/francis/robinson
    sg-crawford/collins/j. rose
    sf-lee/q-rich/balkman
    pf-frye/lee/
    c-curry/frye/paul miller

Veteran

alright.. so you are saying instead of keeping Curry/Frye/Lee the rotation on the C/PF you want to move Lee to SF/PF duties.. hmm so who will be in the roation for C/PF JEROME JAMES?! MALIK ROSE?! You still havent solved that.

So if those two got 18 pts and the rest dominated what is so great with him at SF? Im confused by that? Q or Balkman (SF's) are a worse choice over Lee who is not made to be a SF.

Yes Lee is great for this team but Balkman at 6'8 or Rose at the same would take up the same amount of space. (size wise).

We need to keep the rotation Curry/Frye/Lee up top because we have no options. Atleast we have a crop to pick from on the SF/SG spot. Im not saying they are better than Lee but we need to use Q or Balkman even Rose at SF first.

I think David Lee should definitely start in Jared Jeffries' absence. They have enough scorers in that starting line-up.

Thats mess-up because the season didnt start yet.

i wanna see what balkman can do in this spot

Veteran

exactly. and with no real true backup C or PF lets use David Lee for that rotation. I love DLee its nothing against him its just from the makeup of our team our PF/C line is weak and need a player to switch in.

Give Balkman a chance who needs it. He's a hustler and has done incredible in the preseason. I think subbing in DLee at PF and Balkman at SF would be great. i know preseason isnt real season but look at it. When they come in together on the floor at the same time its like Mighty Ducks bash brothers hahah jk