[Preseason] Knicks vs Celtics 10/17

rady

Administrator
Staff member
After the game against the Nets, it's time to face another rival. This time is Boston Celtics.
Comments pre and post game in this thread

WiL8000

Rotation player
I'm looking forward to this game. One reason is the fast break game that Boston is inplementing in their playing style, especially with all the young players they have. It will be interesting to see if the Knicks can keep up or stop the fast break against the Celts. I like what I saw out of Curry last game, hopefully a game like this one will continue to help whoop his ass into shape.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
This should be a pretty exciting game. Now is the time for Isiah to experiment and see who is going to be the most effective filling in for Jeffries at SF.

Toons

is the Bo$$
knicks win! balkman had 9 pts, 7 rebounds and 2 steals in 13 minutes!!! lee, 11 pts, 12 rebounds, 26 minutes.

Very positive game the only problem i have is Jalen Rose. He Sucks- He seems like he doesnt even care and doesnt even want to contribute to the team. Since Isiah is going to be catious about taking on contracts at the deadline, it is unlikely that they will trade and get anything for him. End it now just buy him out now before he becomes a cancer to our team.

Trin_Starr

Starter
J rose has nothing to prove in the preseason.
Everyone knows his skills
Y do u think Marbury is not playing to full strength as well...
Their job as vets is to flow in the offense and give the younger players time to gel....

When it's game time Nov 1st - he'll be ready as instant offense off the bench.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
I like the example that J. Rose is demonstrating. He's being an example of self-LESS-ness (Big contract, big ego w/offensive skill sacrificed for the team.). Despite what people may think Jalen can still score; ask anyone in that locker room. However every good team needs a "sacrificial veteran". Someone who does not get a lot of playing time, fills in where ever they can and is an anchor and inspiration to the young guns (A role that they never allowed Patrick Ewing to fill which would have ushered in the new era sooner). We don't want Steph or Francis to play that role; we still need them on the floor. Jalen will have a greater team impact in practice and the locker room.

Since we have to pay him for the year anyway, let him be the locker room leader (a rather expensive one I might add, but the milk has been spilled). He's a great fit for the team because he is injury insurance for the 1,2 & 3 spots. Finally, if he continues to accept his role he can emerge as an x-factor later on in the season when overall league defense becomes quite stingy. In those cirucumstances there arises situations when you can only rely on the confidence and experience of your veterans to get the edge (i.e. Steve Kerr on the '03-04 Spurs Championship team).

Besides, Jalen knows that this will most likely be his last year as a player it is a tough pill for him to swallow i'm sure. He's most likely looking to bow-out gracefully.

Yea, both Balkman and Lee had really good games in pretty limited time. Although Pierce didn't play it was still a good come from behind win. Were lookin good right now, I know its preseason :rolling: , but you still have to feel good after the 3-0 start.