Knicks - Nets Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_v01.gif
-
nets-logo.gif

post your thoughts about this game inhere..

houston didn't played against the spurs.. maybe this time..

allan20

Benchwarmer
so what, last time we played with the nba champs, and we won without a problem, this time mutombo has a reason to play better and prove the nets he didn't deserved to be traded
"Right now, I'm not thinking about over there," the Knicks center said yesterday. "I'm thinking about what is happening here -- what I can do to help this ballclub."

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
mourning will also play, so i predict a great duel between him and deke, besides that, he might wanna make the nets pay :)
also h20 is announced to play, and that way, the battle will be even more spicy

GhostNYK

Benchwarmer
Hoping to make Nets pay
Dikembe Mutombo has roughly 30 million reasons why he harbors no bitterness toward his former employer, the New Jersey Nets.
"How can I have hard feelings for a team that paid me a lot of money for working only 1-1/2 days?" he says. "There are no hard feelings."

Being unwanted never felt so good or paid as well. Mutombo, now the Knicks' starting center, faces the Nets in New Jersey tonight for the first time since the team decided it no longer required his services three weeks ago.

Mutombo, who spent one season in New Jersey, walked away with a severance package worth approximately $30 million. And that doesn't count the $8 million Mutombo will earn from the Knicks over the next two seasons.

But while Mutombo is certainly a wealthy man, the veteran center also has tremendous pride. This season he'll have a chance to prove that the Nets - who actually saved money by buying out Mutombo's contract - made a decision that could cost the franchise on the court.

"There are a lot of teams in the East that Dikembe could help," Allan Houston said following the Knicks' practice in Greenburgh. "I feel we're lucky to have him."

The Nets, who already had Jason Collins and Aaron Williams on their roster, made Mutombo expendable when they signed Alonzo Mourning to a four-year, $22 million contract. Although Mutombo is 37 and can no longer play 35 minutes a night, Mourning is a greater risk. The former Miami center missed all of last season with a kidney ailment and has appeared in only 88 games over the last three seasons.

When asked about New Jersey's decision to essentially choose Mourning over him, Mutombo replied: "That's their problem."

With Mutombo on their roster, the Nets reached Game 6 of the NBA Finals in June before losing to Tim Duncan and the Spurs. When the Knicks were in San Antonio on Friday, the visit for Mutombo conjured up memories of a lost opportunity.

"This is the place where I lost my ring," he said. "But you have to move on."

The Nets are the favorites in the East again, while the Knicks, who have failed to make the playoffs for the past two years, are being held together with Band-Aids. If Antonio McDyess returns and if Houston can regain his All-Star form, the Knicks, with Mutombo in the middle, have a chance.

"It's too early to predict," Mutombo said.

With a starting job and a defined role, Mutombo feels more comfortable with the Knicks than he did with Nets. He also enjoys the fact that the Knicks, despite their struggles, still receive more media coverage and fan support than their Hudson River rivals. In fact, Mutombo is starting to sound like a New Yorker.

"When you play for New York you have to be a gangster," he said. "It's like taking a walk on the streets of New York. You have to be up and watch your back. The same thing when you're playing a game in New York. You have to be really strong mentally."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/128917p-115305c.html

rady

Administrator
Staff member
second win!
RECAP
franks williams must have gotten the lineup after his 13 points in the fourth quarter, don't you think?

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
chaney should be fired if he won't use fwill after what he had proved last night! damn, i still can't believe it! first spurs, now nets, both of them conference champions, beaten by a team that couldn't even make the playoffs!
Shame on Them! :D