GAME THREAD - 11/1/06 - 8:00pm - Knicks @ Grizzlies

Peach_NYK_21

Starter
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

8:00 PM, Wednesday, November 1st, 2006​
FedExForum, Memphis, TN​

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (0-0)
3325.jpg
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg

FRANCIS---MARBURY---RICHARDSON---FRYE---CURRY
@
grizzlies_logo.gif

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES (0-0)
3009.jpg
3723.jpg
3404.jpg
3945.jpg
3424.jpg

D.STOUDAMIRE---Da.JONES---M.MILLER---WARRICK---TSAKALIDIS

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Grizzlies Team Stats
Grizzlies Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Last edited:

WiL8000

Rotation player
I expect a win

I can't wait for this game, it's been a long summer! I definately think the Knicks are capable of winning this game and starting this season on a good foot. We'll see what happens.

liquid347

Rookie
Kind of a catch 22 for the Knicks. If they win people will say Gasol wasn't there so its not a true test and if they don't the trash talk will continue.

Last edited:

Ewing33

Benchwarmer
Hey a win is a win...I don't care if Memphis shows up with Calipari's team...this Knicks team needs to win. Especially when you look at the schedule...we need this game and Friday's at Atlanta...

Go Knicks!!!!

e_D

Benchwarmer
I believe we'll put together a string of wins to start the season. Alot of teams are going to be caught offguard by our new style and mentality, and that gives us the upperhand. I expect a better start to the season then some people are forcasting.

Let's go! I'm pumped for the season! I snagged tickets to the home opener on Saturday, so if I manage to get some good pics I'll post em up.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
The Knicks definitely need to take advantage of the fact that Gasol is not playing and pull out a win. We need to get positive start to the season. I definitely feel good about our starting five against Memphis.

Dash2110

Rookie
We do need to start things off strong and on a positive note, since we do have some toughies for our first 10. Time to see if some of the chemistry will carry into the games that matter now.

Got my free week-long preview to NBA League Pass, I'll be watchin. :)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It seems like the knicks always lose on opening night. I think they might finally be able to get a win this time, but does anyone know the last time the knicks did win on opening night cuz i think they lost the last 2 years 2 the celtics i know they lost to the wizards maybe 5 years ago on opening night i cant remember the other 2 teams but im just curious

rady

Administrator
Staff member
In 2001 to San Antonio, in 2002 to Boston, in 2003, we lost to Washington, in 2004 we lost to Minesotta, last year to Boston
In 2000 we beat the Cavs

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Knicks made a lot of mistakes but they still pull off the win. Q Rich and David Lee were fantastic for Knicks. Curry had two great blocks. Hope he continues playing like that.

Its good to see that the Knicks can overcome all of their mistakes and still battle thru to get the win.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Last year's team would've rolled over and played dead after the first OT. This years team showed some fire and heart and stayed in the game right til the end. Not pretty at all, but definately a good sign.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Great win, after a very depressing night for me, this game couldn't have ended better. Especially since this is the first opener win for a long time.

Starks

Starter
I'd keep Francis on an extremely short leash. If we had floor general out there, we could have ran away with that game. I give him 3 weeks to shape up. If not, lets ship him out to the highest bidder and find a damn point guard already. And no stephon taking those duties!! I can't stress that enough.