Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How good is Eddie Curry?

Veteran

Default How good is Eddie Curry?

Haven't seen any of the preseason games in entirety but Curry looked the same to me. Still can't rebound, lacks enurance despite a reported off-season conditioning program and still lacks that aggressiveness. He doesn't seem to have gotten any better. So what does that mean for the Knicks this year and in the future for a team that was counting on him to be a top 10 dominant center, will the Knicks be mired in mediocrity as long as he is around, should we deal him sooner rather than later. Your thoughts?

Wouldnt deal Curry for a while yet.We might as well try and drag what talent the guy has out of him,seeing as the bulls got that draft pick for him.I also havent seen any full pre season games,but i think he got 25 and 10 boards against Boston.Evem though hes been around for a while,hes still only 23 so id say he at least deserves another season before looking to trade him.

Trade Icon

I liked what i saw from Curry last night. He did drop his shoulder on that play they called flopping on the nets in the second quater. But it looked like he showed improvment for the rest of the game after that.

ALSO!!

Was i the only one who saw him passing out of the double team? If you all remember when IT saw talking to the team, he was talking about a trick that karim did to him, by passing the ball out of the DT, to the open man behind the incoming defender?

I saw Curry do it swich last night! We can see the coach getting into the players! And the improvment that goes with it!

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Haven't seen any of the preseason games in entirety but Curry looked the same to me. Still can't rebound, lacks enurance despite a reported off-season conditioning program and still lacks that aggressiveness. He doesn't seem to have gotten any better. So what does that mean for the Knicks this year and in the future for a team that was counting on him to be a top 10 dominant center, will the Knicks be mired in mediocrity as long as he is around, should we deal him sooner rather than later. Your thoughts?
    Curry, despite his defensive short cummings, is still an offensive force (when he's not in foul trouble). What the Knicks need is a hard nosed defensive 4 to compliment him. If the Knicks could get a bruiser to start next to Curry, it would elivate his game. Then, Frye off the bench to fill in at the 4 and 5 would really solitify the front rotation. If you remember, when Tyson was flanking Curry; Curry was a force.

Nyk Logo

Curry is a very good center. He handles the ball well in the post and shows good dexterity and footwork. However he lacks the desire to win, and the aggresivness that makes the good centers- great. He turns the ball over way to much and he has to learn that he cannot plow over everyone in this league. Most of the time fatigue isnt what is keeping him out of the game rather, foul trouble.

he needs to take whatever chris wilcox took during the second half of last season

that **** made him reach his full potential

curry still has a long way to go, but if he ever reaches it, hes gonna be a monster

Cool

What do u guys think bout curry's mid range jumpers during da nets game? i have never seen eddy score outside of da paint. i kould only imagine how many times LBrown got on eddy's ass for lowering dat shoulder. he's really gotta stop those stupid offensive fouls. other from that, his potential is evident, we kan all see what he's capable of and how gifted eddy is. but hey atleast we've seen improvement on his stamina. im glad isaiah's keepin out on da floor.

I doubt were going to be seeing a lot of Eddy's mid range J's...why? Because he can't shoot for the life of him. If he can't go 50% from the free throw line with no one taking defense, then he surly cant hit a jumper with a big body on him. Another thing I realize about Curry is that he lacks confidence in himself. He doesnt realize what a gift he has. So even if he did add that shot to his arsenal , i dont think he would be comfortable shooting it.

I think we'll see him step out and hit maybe an occasional jumper, i think one of the commentators said currys been watching patrick ewing videos but i think a guy like curry should be watchin videos of shaq or maybe old videos of wilt chamberlain. Frye should be watchin the videos of ewing since he has more of a midrange game then curry

I think Curry is a good player. But I also thinksthat he can be better. Like Thomas said, he need to get more tougher. He need to get tough enough to have some good looks to the basket, but not that tough to get in fouls trouble.

Lurker

Default nuggets game

how good is curry?
    not very. i was on the floor at the game last night and he looked way out of shape and completely lost on the court. isiah yanked him after his dazed performance.. complete underacheiver.. it is areal shame because he has a lot of potential, but he seems to have no drive or desire to improve himself.
    if he continues at this pace hell make oliver miller look like a superstar

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    i dont know wat games u watching but curry has played good and could have played better if he gets the ball more, thats why he sometimes he takes forced shots cuz he know he might not get the ball again

Default How good is Eddie Curry?

He is definitely very talented. HE COULD PLAY IN WNBA. He is the biggest pu....y

2 Rebounds. Yeah he is in good shape. :-)

I defended curry on this very thread a couple weeks back,but that was pre season i based things on,and i stand corrected.Looking at what ive seen so far this season from him though,the best thing i can say for him is that hes lucky we dont really much in the way of backup centres,cause if he were on most other teams hed be sitting down for a long time.Sure Curry is potentially very good,but potential means ZERO unless hes prepared to work.Isiah showed a lot of belief in him after what he went through with the bulls and his health problems, and half assed display after half assed display is how curry repays him!.Somebody give this guy a copy of Lance Armstrongs book!!He gets a 2nd chance and what does he do? Acts like bum with 2 left feet. Guys would kill to have his size.He needs to stop acting like the world owes him something,grow a pair,and bust some heads.I hope Isiah chewed him out good after that performance,cause somebody needs to open this guys eyes up big time.

Veteran

Saw Curry in the game against Yao and the Rockets, the contrast is unbelievable. Look at how Yao has progressed, his game has changed dramatically since he came into the league. Yao's stamina is 100% improved, he has developed a nice variety of offensive moves, drop steps, baby hooks, uses both hands, that soft touch turnaround J, baseline spin moves, that Shanghai shake, 85% FT shooting. And is capable of putting up 17 rebounds and 7 blocks like he did yesterday.

Curry on the other hand is stuck in the mud, no midrange game, hasn't figured out how to use his size and athleticism to get a rebound, can't defend, so-so FT shooter. So when you get guys like Yao and Camby that take away his post game you don't have much left. Yao's improvement was due to one of the Rockets coaches, Tom Thibedeau, maybe the Knicks need to find a mentor like that for Curry.