Jalen Rose close to be a Sun

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Suns close to signing Jalen Rose

By Jerry Brown, Jerry Brown and Jerry Brown

November 2, 2006 Apparently piqued by the opportunity to play in the Suns' up-tempo system, veteran Jalen Rose was on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns Thursday night.

NBA sources said the deal would likely be completed by the end of the night. The 33-year-old Rose would earn the NBA minimum salary of $1.178 million — $744,551 of which would be paid by the Suns and the rest coming from a league fund created for that purpose.

Rose was also looking hard at Miami, but sources said the Heat was also offering only the NBA minimum (they could have offered as much as $1.7 million and stayed under the NBA's tax threshold).

While the Heat play a more structured, half-court style, the Suns like to run and so does Rose. Rose's agent, Arn Tellem, also represents Tim Thomas -- who signed a minimum deal with the Suns last year and turned it into a four-year, $24 million deal with the Clippers in the off-season.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=78143

ny3nyk

Rotation player
i thought he'd be a hometown favorite in detroit and be a solid contributor for them offensivly. i dont see how he'd help the suns seeing how they have good wing players already like jumaine jones and james jones.

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I can believe he signed with Suns. I though he will go with the Pistons. Im glad he picked the suns. I couldnt see him as a Heat anyway. He's gonna get alot of playing time and hopefully be a key player like Tim Thomas was for the Suns last season.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
He says on his website that he is about to sign with the Suns. Im also surprised that he chose not to sign with Detroit but he probably feels like Phoenix is closer to winning the championship.

Best of luck to him.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
Suns close to signing Jalen Rose

By Jerry Brown, Jerry Brown and Jerry Brown

November 2, 2006 Apparently piqued by the opportunity to play in the Suns' up-tempo system, veteran Jalen Rose was on the verge of signing a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns Thursday night.

NBA sources said the deal would likely be completed by the end of the night. The 33-year-old Rose would earn the NBA minimum salary of $1.178 million — $744,551 of which would be paid by the Suns and the rest coming from a league fund created for that purpose.

Rose was also looking hard at Miami, but sources said the Heat was also offering only the NBA minimum (they could have offered as much as $1.7 million and stayed under the NBA's tax threshold).

While the Heat play a more structured, half-court style, the Suns like to run and so does Rose. Rose's agent, Arn Tellem, also represents Tim Thomas -- who signed a minimum deal with the Suns last year and turned it into a four-year, $24 million deal with the Clippers in the off-season.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=78143

im not surprised he chose to go to phoenix, everyone wants to play that type of ball. but i dont think hes gonna fit in to well there because hes a player who needs the ball in his hands on offense. he doesnt move to well without it and in detroit he coulve had the ball a lot.

NYKnicks20

Benchwarmer
Suns are packed up with very good offensive players. Look like Suns are going to be like the 04-05 Suns this year.