GAME THREAD - 11/6/06 - 7:30pm - Knicks vs Spurs

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread. All game threads are created by Peach_NYK_21, and Brian_Coleman_21

7:30 PM, Saturday, November 6th, 2006
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (1-2)
3325.jpg
3099.jpg
3417.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg

FRANCIS---MARBURY---RICHARDSON---FRYE---CURRY
vs
spurs_logo.gif

SAN ANTONIO SPURS (2-1)
3527.jpg
3380.jpg
3167.jpg
3988.jpg
3173.jpg

PARKER---GINOBILI---BOWEN---OBERTO---DUNCAN

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Spurs Team Stats
Spurs Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Spurs are leading by 9 with 3 minutes left (21-12). Anyone who is following the game on NBA.com can see the stats?
ESPN2 just showed some highlights.. didn't see francis in the lineup, what happened to him?

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
wow that was one of the best comebacks they were down by 1 after being down by 23 in the first half, they were ona 20-2 run to cut it to 1 the knicks had the ball wen they were down by 1 but failed, the knicks had this in their hand but they lost again this one hurts

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Spurs are leading by 9 with 3 minutes left (21-12). Anyone who is following the game on NBA.com can see the stats?
ESPN2 just showed some highlights.. didn't see francis in the lineup, what happened to him?

bruce bowen once again injured a player by gettin under them after the jumpshot so steve sprained his ankle, frye need to step his game up and god damn every miss call by the refs resulted in to a 3

d2319

Benchwarmer
Also MARBURY'S FAULT!!!!:(

bruce bowen once again injured a player by gettin under them after the jumpshot so steve sprained his ankle, frye need to step his game up and god damn every miss call by the refs resulted in to a 3

I don't like to bash any of the Knicks but if Marbury had not taken that foolish three we might of one or be in overtime! Marbury did help us alot but that three was so stupid to take!

naterob4

Benchwarmer
wow..if you just watched that knicks game you know what im thinking. nate robinson has that ability to just take over games....even when hes not scoreing he got marbury going. nate needs to start and they need to keep this type of ball going. i said on another post malik needs to play. now everyone can see why. that energy he and nate brought was amazing. i hope steph keeps playin like he did in the 4th cuz he will have the whole league believeing orange and blue.

d2319

Benchwarmer
Malik Ony Good Because.....

wow..if you just watched that knicks game you know what im thinking. nate robinson has that ability to just take over games....even when hes not scoreing he got marbury going. nate needs to start and they need to keep this type of ball going. i said on another post malik needs to play. now everyone can see why. that energy he and nate brought was amazing. i hope steph keeps playin like he did in the 4th cuz he will have the whole league believeing orange and blue.

He was playing against his former team that he LOVED! He is pretty much average to me. Nate (which is my favorite player) was great for another game! The coach should let Mardy play more because of his defense. When they needed stops he stopped the Spurs!

If Steve really is hurt then This is Nates chance. Tiki got his chance to start because the realy starter on the team got hurt. this is Nates chance.

Also Bowen should be fined for that. This is not the firsttime. Anyone remember Vince carters season ending injury from bowen?

Trin_Starr

Starter
That's crazy - how u blame steph for the loss??!!!

The dude was manning up and playing D late in the 3rd and all of the 4th....everyone on the court had a hand in setting up the 20-2 run...
When we were down 12 and Steph pulled up at the top of the key and drilled the 3 - u didn't say shit huh - u were probably sitting in front on ur 13" B&W TV jumpin up and down - he tried to go up 1 with the 3 and didn't make it - he made his last 3 shots from the field - he had the hot hand - so don't be playing the dude like that...

there real momentum breaker was when we down 4 and balkman had the chance to sink the 2 FTs and bring us back to down 2 - but i don't blame him for that - i think steph should have gone all the way to the basket instead of dishing it off....but anyway i'm proud those guys played with that energy in the 4th....

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Soooooo disappointing.

Had they won this game the Knicks would have redeemed themselves for Saturday's home-opener fiasco. This loss has exposed the problem to the world. We have a "great!!!" supporting cast. (on the other hand Spurs showed that they have a questionable supporting cast). Who's our "Big 3." Perhaps Marbury is one of them. Look for trade talks to begin after the road trip on Saturday.

What's fustrating is that I think the starters (minus Richardson) are trying, but when it comes to defense they're out of their element. Which breeds hopelessness. They're going to have to pick up on D or it is over.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
im not sayin that malik is any kind of star player...he is average but when he comes on the court he is a great defender. also i think he deserves credit hes a vet and still played hard every game for larry brown even at the end of teh season. if u remember he had some really good games and i love the pull the chair out move. he should get about 15 mins a game.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
If Malik is healthy enough to go, look for Frye to come off the bench and back-up Curry. I know IT would want to start either Lee or Malik at PF but he's concerned with the Frye's value taking a dive.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Good comeback from the Knicks but they really need to start making better decisions to close out teams. They really can afford to make stupid shots since they only have one reliable rebounder. I like that Isiah went away from the starters when they weren't producing. Hopefully they'll all realize that they need to earn playing time. Collins does look like he is ready for some minutes. Hopefully Isiah will continue to let him play.

d2319

Benchwarmer
Fry Is Going Down!!!!!

If Malik is healthy enough to go, look for Frye to come off the bench and back-up Curry. I know IT would want to start either Lee or Malik at PF but he's concerned with the Frye's value taking a dive.

I hope he gets back to "nice" status! So far he has look like overhyped garbage so far. He needs to go back to his ways of last year. Maybe the extra muscle is not helping him after all.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Video Highlights

Good to see Marbury hasn't dissapointed like last time, i'm a bit concerned with Steve's situation. He has a really good season for now, and although his x-rays show negative i'm still cautious. Eddy Curry with a double-double, he had a good 2 games, Q Rich and Nate Rob - very good in this start.

It was a nice comeback in the 4th but since i didn't see the game i can't tell how much it was determination and how much the spurs slowed their tempo.

Pedro De Pacas

Benchwarmer
Video Highlights

Good to see Marbury hasn't dissapointed like last time, i'm a bit concerned with Steve's situation. He has a really good season for now, and although his x-rays show negative i'm still cautious. Eddy Curry with a double-double, he had a good 2 games, Q Rich and Nate Rob - very good in this start.

It was a nice comeback in the 4th but since i didn't see the game i can't tell how much it was determination and how much the spurs slowed their tempo.

Damn, Curry looked really nasty after that tip-dunk :)