Who should be traded?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I know it's early for this subject but we do have players that have trade value. So who should be traded and why? Please keep your comments as realistic as possible.

Here is my pick to be traded.
Channing Frye
Steve Francis
Quentin Richardson

This will clear off 26M. In my opinion the Knicks should make a serious effart to get KG. We could do a 2 for one. Francis and Frye for KG, then move Richardson for who ever will take him. I'm not satisfied with their play even when they play well. Isiah should show case the week links and move them.

I know the KG subject is a controversial one but think about it. It's the best move for NY. Both KG's and Marbury's contracts expire in 09. This will free the cap to 30Mil give or take. So in theory if we go hard after KG this season or next we could potentially have KG, Marbury and Labron James on the same squad in 09.

Last edited:

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I know it's early for this subject but we do have players that have trade value. So who should be traded and why? Please keep your comments as realistic as possible.

Here is my pick to be traded.
Channing Frye
Steve Francis
Quentin Richardson

This will clear off 26M. In my opinion the Knicks should make a serious effart to get KG. We could do a 2 for one. Francis and Frye for KG, then move Richardson for who ever will take him. I'm not satisfied with their play even when they play well. Isiah should show case the week links and move them.

I know the KG subject is a controversial one but think about it. It's the best move for NY. Both KG's and Marbury's contracts expire in 09. This will free the cap to 30Mil give or take. So in theory if we go hard after KG this season or next we could potentially have KG, Marbury and Labron James on the same squad in 09.

Right now I can't make a fair evaluation of who should be traded but I want to comment on your suggestions.
Steve Frances - After seeing the first few games, Frances looks like he is out playing Marbury. I know Steph has stronger offensive numbers but Frances has been so much more effective, consistantly thean Steph. I would keep him and trade Marbury if thing keep going the way there are.
Frye - You can't trade him now, his value has dropped since he has been aweful thus far.
QR- I would wait utill the deadline to move him to a contender. Right now he is the best player the Knicks have and if they can put together any type of a competative season, they will need him.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i think going for kg would be a great idea. he would compliment curry so well because hes a fearless competator who would step in the lane to block shots. something channing and eddie just dont do. i dont think we should keep francis over marbury and isiah wont let it happen. i also am not ready to give up on channing. everyone saying that is a complete fair weather fan. all of the frye haters no that before he got hurt last year, you were talkin about him being the future of the franchise, and that he couldnt be traded. dont give up on him yet.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
QUentin Richardson is by far the best overall player that we have. He has bounced back from a bad year last year. He is shooting well, rebounding and playing some defense (which is more then anyone can say about the rest of the team). The only way I can justify trading Q if it involves packaging him with JJ or some other huge salary and getting good young players in return.

I know everyone is gonna be all over his balls for the nuggets game and your not going to want to hear this but I would trade Crawford. He had a good game but he is way too inconsistent. He is a turnover machine (he had 7 vs denver) and he still takes some of the worst shots imaginable. He plays absolutely no defense and will never be a point guard. The guy is a good scorer but he doesn't move the ball, doesn't find the open man and throws up way too much garbage. He cannot carry a team on a consistent basis and I think he is nothing more then an average one dimensional player. At times he is even detrimental to the team. Also for the people that say he is clutch need to look deeper into these games. He missed at least 3 game winners vs the Grizzlies and was a key reason why we blew the lead. He is also careless with the ball and cannot control a game.

Now obviosuly I would love to trade others such as Marbury or James but given their current financial situation and reputations around the league it would be almost impossible.

No Trades are possible

Hey Donchris you said to keep your comments realistic right. Does Marbury Lebron and KG sound realistic, come on. We cant just trade guys because they had one good game, were not tricking anyone. People know that Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Quentin, ECT. have huge long term contracts and are on the decline of their career. No1 is taking quentin cause he had 3 solid games, they know that he has an uninsured back and has struggled the past few years. No1 is taking Marbury because which ever team he was ever on sucked, and maybe people dont like his huge STARBURY image. No1 wants francis because who would want a guy who has no heart and is owed 20 mil a year for the next few years who is mediocre at best. Come on be realistic man!!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agreed with everything you said until you said francis has no heart and everywhere that marbuy went they sucked. Who's the best player next to KG that he played with? A rookie Amare? Keith Van Horn, no wait wait....Kerry Kittles. Shawn Marion might be the best player that he's played along with until he arrived to NYK. And the comment about francis. That's just unheard of...I've heard that he was a headcase and selfish but no one, NO ONE has every questioned his heart. Right now he wants to win...period and he will do anything in his power and ability to get that W. Next to nate rob and lee, he probably has the most heart on the team. You must have been absent when he dunked on shaq and shook kobe numerous times in the lakers-rockets series. Those were horrible reasons of why they aren't getting traded.

donchris

Hey Donchris you said to keep your comments realistic right. Does Marbury Lebron and KG sound realistic, come on. We cant just trade guys because they had one good game, were not tricking anyone. People know that Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Quentin, ECT. have huge long term contracts and are on the decline of their career. No1 is taking quentin cause he had 3 solid games, they know that he has an uninsured back and has struggled the past few years. No1 is taking Marbury because which ever team he was ever on sucked, and maybe people dont like his huge STARBURY image. No1 wants francis because who would want a guy who has no heart and is owed 20 mil a year for the next few years who is mediocre at best. Come on be realistic man!!!

I know it sounds far fetched but it is realistic. Both Marbury and Garnett's contracts expire in 08-09. This is the same period of time when James will become available. The Knicks will most likily resign both players (If they get Garnett) to a lower verterin's salary. I predict the cap will be down to 40-50Mil (40 or 50 because they'd have to sign Garnett to around 10 mil a year), so that leaves us plenty of room to sign Labron out right.

Teams that need shooters are are under the cap will go after Richardson and Francis if we continue to show case them. Richardson is considered to be a liablity because of his back but if he continues to play and score trading him won't be a problem. The same goes for Francis.

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
Crawford, Francis or Richardson are not the answer to ANY teams problems. No team is going to be like we need to get over the top lets take on one of those bums. All those guys have ridiculous deals that no GM would want to cripple their teams with. Also remember Isiah is OUR GM therefore noone will be dumb enough to take those away.

What the MAGIC GM did to us with the Francis deal was absolute rape. We took on a ridiculous contract and got a mediocre player. These guys are all here to stay unless another GM goes insane.

portega1968

El Cacique
Francis and Frye have value, IMO. Hey, take Nate Robinson if you want him too. This should give us a chance to land someone in Feb.

Like I said elsewhere, Frye is one-dimensional. He will be a very good player off the bench, preferably pick-and-rolls or spot up situations. Don't expect this guy to give you D, boards or a postup game. Ain't gonna happen. That's why I think we shoudl trade him (unless he's willing to sub in for 20 mins/game).

Francis and Marbury ain't gonna work. Stevie needs to go and Marbs needs a chance. Of course, he needs to be benched first to take advantage of said opportunity.

Nate is a nice player to a point. But he ain't a keeper.

David Lee is a keeper. Hopefully, Balkman 2.

Everyone else needs to stay put and play.

Curry is on the watch list. He needs to prove himself now!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Crawford, Francis or Richardson are not the answer to ANY teams problems. No team is going to be like we need to get over the top lets take on one of those bums. All those guys have ridiculous deals that no GM would want to cripple their teams with. Also remember Isiah is OUR GM therefore noone will be dumb enough to take those away.

What the MAGIC GM did to us with the Francis deal was absolute rape. We took on a ridiculous contract and got a mediocre player. These guys are all here to stay unless another GM goes insane.

I disagree! I think Qrich or Crawford could be a player that could help a team solitify their roster. I think Denver would be a great place for Crawford! If the Kicks ever did trade him to a team like Denver or the Suns, you would see him put up big offensive numbers. Remeber we could have gotten Kwame for Qrich. I think Larry would have loved having Kwame flanking Curry. Kwame's issues are on the offensive side not the defensive side. So, I think that was a poor job by Isiah, not having the forsight to see the combo. I agree about Frances and Marbury, no one will take their Contracts.... except The T'wolves. I thinkwe could wotk out a deal to send them Marbury. How about Marbury for - Griffin, Hudson and Davis. Both Davis and Griffin have expiring Contracts and Hudson is a decent PG with 3 years left. I am not sure Minni would go for it but I think it would be worth a shot. I think the only guy Minni might not want to include is Davis, they might want to package blount instead. Then I am not sure I would pull off that trade.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
u cant trade q-rich, if it wasnt for him the knicks would have 0 wins and hav gotten blown out, he plays good D, great rebounder, 3 point shot and he is posting up and driving, he might make the all-star team

paris401

Starter
u cant trade q-rich, if it wasnt for him the knicks would have 0 wins and hav gotten blown out, he plays good D, great rebounder, 3 point shot and he is posting up and driving, he might make the all-star team

i agree whole-heartedly that q-rich is playing well, and since he is playing so well, he probably has the most trade value of anyone on the team. if the year turns out to be a dud, i can see thomas trading him.

i also agree with 20 is a CROOK that the magic took us to the cleaners with the stevie franchise trade and no one is going to take him off our hands.... ditto starbury... between the 2 of them, we owe em about $ 110m (give or take a few $$$)..

the guys bringing energy rite now are q-rich,lee,crawford,nate,and malik

thomas's dilemma is how do u sit 60m in salary (starbury,franchise,curry,) and frye, tho his salary is chump change compared to the 'big-three'

i thought brown did a terrible job last season, and tho this season is young, the 'vibes' ain't good. the team seems to get into a funk early in the game (like last year) , come back (like last year) , but they dig too deep of a hole to recover and win... tho the scores this year (so far) are more respectable, but a loss by 1 or 20 points is still a loss.

here's hoping thomas can turn it around...

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i think the main reason our team starts off in a slump is because isiah has still yet to try david lee out in the starting line-up. we need his energy from the opening tip. ill remind u yet again that he started every game during our 6 game win streak last year.

it might be a lil early to determine who should stay and who should go. but so far i think we should be lookin for someone who needs a player like frye. he is not fitting in with our offensive game and i think he will continue to struggle this season.

eddy curry needs to keep himself outta foul trouble. he is still struggling to find position on both ends of the floor. i wouldnt put him on the untouchable list. if we can get a powerful center who will pull down 10+ boards a game and block some shots then i would take it.

q-rich shouldnt go anywhere. he's had a great start to this season and is playing some great d. we do need to ship out @ least one guard. its hard to chose. i would hold onto crawford and marbury by all means. nate should stay too. he is the spark plug for our squad right now and we need him coming off the bench. mardy collins im surprised hasnt saw any minutes since his good play earlier in the season. by default i would make francis the guard thats gotta go. not because he doesnt have any heart or anything but because we are just too jammed in the guard area.

so the 3 people i would be lookin to trade is...

frye
francis
and maybe curry

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont know about any trades yet but i do think lee should be put in the starting 5 so we dont get behind in the 1st couple minutes of each game and to take the pressure off channing frye.

sylfaxd

Rookie
Who should be Traded? - The answer is clear

Anybody with no brain damage and EVEN with the lowest IQ in NYC can figure out: in order to start winning the
games they should get rid of:

1. Marbury
2. Curry
3. Francis

Unfortunately, this is not going to happen.
Thomas does not have any guts or brain to do this.
They should start Robinson and Crawford on the back court.
But again: the key is to TRADE MARBURY ASAP.
I am not a big fan of Larry Brown. But he was absolutely right about Steph - the guy is not coachable, he does not know how to defend( Tony Parker had a lot of fun playing against him), he is not a leader who can finish the game.
And what is the most important - the ownership of this team is pathetic. A lot of money and no brains.
I have huge experience as a basketball fan starting from Soviet era and let me tell you this: it is a very painful experience to be a Knicks fan.

donchris

Anybody with no brain damage and EVEN with the lowest IQ in NYC can figure out: in order to start winning the
games they should get rid of:

1. Marbury
2. Curry
3. Francis

Unfortunately, this is not going to happen.
Thomas does not have any guts or brain to do this.
They should start Robinson and Crawford on the back court.
But again: the key is to TRADE MARBURY ASAP.
I am not a big fan of Larry Brown. But he was absolutely right about Steph - the guy is not coachable, he does not know how to defend( Tony Parker had a lot of fun playing against him), he is not a leader who can finish the game.
And what is the most important - the ownership of this team is pathetic. A lot of money and no brains.
I have huge experience as a basketball fan starting from Soviet era and let me tell you this: it is a very painful experience to be a Knicks fan.

I don't think it's possible to trade all three. Although you are correct. All three are playing like shit, but Marbury had some nice passes. He just didn't score against the Cavs. Curry is a role player, nothing more. The most we can expect from him is 16 pts 6 rebounds one a regular basis. Francis in my opinion is as good as gone. Now that it's clear to every one that the backcourt is not working, I'm sure Isiah will move Francis or Marbury by the deadline. I watched the Cavs game and I noticed that Steph did not even attempt to take over the game. He was very passive but did make a few good passes. 6 assists I believe it was. So my call would be to keep Marbury and move Francis, not because I'm a fan of Marbury but because I believe Francis has more trade value.

gega

Rookie
trade mardy collins, kelvin cato, and malik rose for a tall defensive minded forward a 3 in one package...:) nah nah but we do need another small forward :fire:

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
i dont think we need another SF. That is the only position where all of our players are playing good. We got Q, David Lee, & Balkman. and not to mention we're gonna be gettin jared jeffries back pretty soon. the team chemistry is coming along and i think after this rough month of november we will see just what kinda season we'll have.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Starbury needs to go. I've maintained this from day one. read all my archived posts (I hate this guy). With his value, is essentially...ZERO!! Now, I've seen posts that Quentin should be moved. The only consistent player we have should go?? That's not very bright. Everyone says go for KG. How would the Knicks get him? The only way that would happen is if they killed of all the other teams that weren't Minnesota. We have no one salary wise that even remotely matches up. There really no way to trade like six guys for one. Eddy Curry is disgustingly inconsistent, but he's better than most the other Centers that are available. I say the only key to any Knicks success now, or in the future is the release or trade of Stephon Marbury and his remaining 41 million in salary.

donchris

Starbury needs to go. I've maintained this from day one. read all my archived posts (I hate this guy). With his value, is essentially...ZERO!! Now, I've seen posts that Quentin should be moved. The only consistent player we have should go?? That's not very bright. Everyone says go for KG. How would the Knicks get him? The only way that would happen is if they killed of all the other teams that weren't Minnesota. We have no one salary wise that even remotely matches up. There really no way to trade like six guys for one. Eddy Curry is disgustingly inconsistent, but he's better than most the other Centers that are available. I say the only key to any Knicks success now, or in the future is the release or trade of Stephon Marbury and his remaining 41 million in salary.

I wont defend Marbury but what you're saying makes no sense what so ever. The Knicks would only need to trade two players for Garnett. One would need to be ether Marbury or Francis. They both make 8 figures a year. I've read your posts and they usually don't make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but you were against the Allan Houston clause but you are for releasing Marbury? So you'd rather keep a guy on the books that isn't even playing and cut a guy that is struggling. Marbury is a shell of what he once was at this point but if it were Charlie Ward making 16 points 4 assits you'd all be ok with that. Go figure.