Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who should be traded?

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by sylfaxd
    Anybody with no brain damage and EVEN with the lowest IQ in NYC can figure out: in order to start winning the
    games they should get rid of:

1. Marbury
    2. Curry
    3. Francis

Unfortunately, this is not going to happen.
    Thomas does not have any guts or brain to do this.
    They should start Robinson and Crawford on the back court.
    But again: the key is to TRADE MARBURY ASAP.
    I am not a big fan of Larry Brown. But he was absolutely right about Steph - the guy is not coachable, he does not know how to defend( Tony Parker had a lot of fun playing against him), he is not a leader who can finish the game.
    And what is the most important - the ownership of this team is pathetic. A lot of money and no brains.
    I have huge experience as a basketball fan starting from Soviet era and let me tell you this: it is a very painful experience to be a Knicks fan.

I don't think it's possible to trade all three. Although you are correct. All three are playing like ****, but Marbury had some nice passes. He just didn't score against the Cavs. Curry is a role player, nothing more. The most we can expect from him is 16 pts 6 rebounds one a regular basis. Francis in my opinion is as good as gone. Now that it's clear to every one that the backcourt is not working, I'm sure Isiah will move Francis or Marbury by the deadline. I watched the Cavs game and I noticed that Steph did not even attempt to take over the game. He was very passive but did make a few good passes. 6 assists I believe it was. So my call would be to keep Marbury and move Francis, not because I'm a fan of Marbury but because I believe Francis has more trade value.

Nyk Logo

trade mardy collins, kelvin cato, and malik rose for a tall defensive minded forward a 3 in one package... nah nah but we do need another small forward

i dont think we need another SF. That is the only position where all of our players are playing good. We got Q, David Lee, & Balkman. and not to mention we're gonna be gettin jared jeffries back pretty soon. the team chemistry is coming along and i think after this rough month of november we will see just what kinda season we'll have.

Starbury needs to go. I've maintained this from day one. read all my archived posts (I hate this guy). With his value, is essentially...ZERO!! Now, I've seen posts that Quentin should be moved. The only consistent player we have should go?? That's not very bright. Everyone says go for KG. How would the Knicks get him? The only way that would happen is if they killed of all the other teams that weren't Minnesota. We have no one salary wise that even remotely matches up. There really no way to trade like six guys for one. Eddy Curry is disgustingly inconsistent, but he's better than most the other Centers that are available. I say the only key to any Knicks success now, or in the future is the release or trade of Stephon Marbury and his remaining 41 million in salary.

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Starbury needs to go. I've maintained this from day one. read all my archived posts (I hate this guy). With his value, is essentially...ZERO!! Now, I've seen posts that Quentin should be moved. The only consistent player we have should go?? That's not very bright. Everyone says go for KG. How would the Knicks get him? The only way that would happen is if they killed of all the other teams that weren't Minnesota. We have no one salary wise that even remotely matches up. There really no way to trade like six guys for one. Eddy Curry is disgustingly inconsistent, but he's better than most the other Centers that are available. I say the only key to any Knicks success now, or in the future is the release or trade of Stephon Marbury and his remaining 41 million in salary.
    I wont defend Marbury but what you're saying makes no sense what so ever. The Knicks would only need to trade two players for Garnett. One would need to be ether Marbury or Francis. They both make 8 figures a year. I've read your posts and they usually don't make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but you were against the Allan Houston clause but you are for releasing Marbury? So you'd rather keep a guy on the books that isn't even playing and cut a guy that is struggling. Marbury is a shell of what he once was at this point but if it were Charlie Ward making 16 points 4 assits you'd all be ok with that. Go figure.

We don't trade anyone...simple as that. We try to make this work. We have potential and we have a will. No fights in the lockeroom, everyone is almost on the same page...why would we want to trade someone to mess up our clubhouse chemistry. I think this thing can work with some time. Let's show some patience here.

Originally Posted by donchris
    I wont defend Marbury but what you're saying makes no sense what so ever. The Knicks would only need to trade two players for Garnett. One would need to be ether Marbury or Francis. They both make 8 figures a year. I've read your posts and they usually don't make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but you were against the Allan Houston clause but you are for releasing Marbury? So you'd rather keep a guy on the books that isn't even playing and cut a guy that is struggling. Marbury is a shell of what he once was at this point but if it were Charlie Ward making 16 points 4 assits you'd all be ok with that. Go figure.
    Here comes the correction cause you're wrong. I was against how we used the clause. Jerome Williams contract was 7 Mil. we should have used the amnesty to unburden a bigger amount of salary. Allan Houston's contract is covered 80 or 85% by insurance, so the hit is more tolerable. Allan Houston costs us in fact only 4 Mil against the cap. I've said to dump Marbury for years. His contract is the biggest, and quite frankly people say Allan Houston was a thief, but he got us to the NBA Finals on 2 separate occassions. Marbury has yet to get us out of the first round. If Charlie Ward was in Marbury's place I would be ecstatic. Ward was/is a winner, and his salary is was far less. Marbury is currently putting up 12.4 PPG & 4.7 APG. His salary is 17 275 781. Currently, that equates to 1 439 648 Per point. Yeah that's value!!! Don Chris you say that my posts don't make sense. That's your opinion. At least I don't drop ridiculous comments like, lets trade for KG with no one one the roster Minnesota would trade for. NBA trade rules state that you have try match salaries. The most tradable guys like Lee, Frye, Q-Rich make no where near what Garnett makes. Do you really think Minnesota would trade with us when they wouldn't trade with Lakers for Lamar Odom? By the way Garnett is the highest paid player in the L, he makes 21 000 000. So figure out who to trade to get him. Trades take more than hopes and dreams. In a league like the NBA if you made trades you've suggested, one trade would be enough to get you fired. Do you think Kevin McHale would take Francis or Marbury??? Would you??

Some people in this forum believe that Minnesota would ever trade Garnett for Marbury or Francis and a few other players. That will never happen!!! No team wants to touch their contracts (3 years remaining including this season I believe). Maybe next season or the following when their contracts are down to 1-2 years remaining, teams would consider it.

ESPN has a decent article on Garnett and his contract leverage to go where ever he wants if he opts out of his contract. Minni will have to rebuild and where ever they send Garnett they won't get any where close to equal value unless they trade him for Kobe or Tmac, but that ant going to happen. Odom is an underachiever. Would I accept Francis or Marbury for Garnett? No, but once again, the Net will have most likely have his choice on where he ends up, be it L.A., Jersey, NY or Denver. It's all speculation. As far as dollar for dollar trades go who would you rather have? Odom and another Laker bum or Francis and a young Channing Frye? Both trades are just about even. The Knicks have as much to offer as just about any other team. At least with Frye Minny could have a future. A future better than if they traded Garnett for Odem and Kwame Brown.

The so called Allan Houston clause allows a team to cut one player from its roster without paying the luxury tax for that player’s salary. The luxury tax is dollar for dollar of the player’s salary. This is old stuff but "prior" to Houston retiring, all the Houston fans were chanting "Don't buy him out! Buy out Williams!" which made no sense. Williams could still play! His hustle would have been useful to us. Definitely more useful that Jerome James is. You don't buy out players that can still play when you have guys that can't play due to injury draining your teams money. This is one of many reasons why the Knicks management is the laughing stock of the NBA. The clause was set up to rid a team of injury prone over paid players like Allan Houston. It was even nick-names "The Allan Houston Clause" but Isiah and Dolian didn't get the hint. Or may be Dolian believed the Allan Houston Christ rederick that so many Knicks fans have been spewing. Right, Houston single handedly carried the Knicks the the finals. I remember a few other guys that held us down. Guys like Larry Johnson and Latrel Spreewell and Marcus Camby. The arguement that Houston brought us to the play offs but Marbury didn't is not on the level. Do we have half of the team that we did then? Last I checked Camby is in Denver and L.J, Ewing, and Spreewell are retired.

If I was Minnesota, I would rather let Garnett opt out of his contract than take on Francis or Marbury's contract. I would also take Odom over Francis/Marbury because he's more versatile and bigger. I don't see Odom being anymore of an underachiever than Francis/Marbury. How is it that some nights Marbury plays defense and some nights, he lets chucky atkins light up the scoreboard with layup drills? As for Frye, I never really thought he was much of a prospect. I don't think he has the athleticism to be anymore than a spot-up shooter and he can't even do that lately. We should have drafted Andrew Bynum instead of Frye. In fact, I would trade Odom for Francis/Marbury and Frye only if Odom has less than 3 years remaining in his contract.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

In this order

1. Curry
    2. Francis
    3. Fyre
    4. Marbury
    5. Crawford
    6. Rose
    7. James

Why would we want to trade anyone? To destroy our chemistry even more? If most of you have realized...the more we traded and changed the team, the worst we've gotten. Again patience is the key and if you don't have patience...then join the raptors.

12th man

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Why would we want to trade anyone? To destroy our chemistry even more? If most of you have realized...the more we traded and changed the team, the worst we've gotten. Again patience is the key and if you don't have patience...then join the raptors.

WHAT CHEMISTRY?

The little bit of chemistry right now...everyone seems to be on the same page somewhat. Even if you don't agree...we can't trade our way out this one. Besides you have curry first on the list...who are we going to get him for? Mark Blount, the candyman, Lafrentz? Oh yes...if we get one of those guys then we're set! Get real playa, we're stuck with curry he has all the upside in the world and whoever we trade for him is going to be two times worse. Again...WE ARE NOT TRADING OUR WAY OUT OF THIS ONE. This is reality...not NBA LIVE....

12th man

There is no chemistry. The players don't fit or compliment each other. Get real? You need to understand and comprehend the fact we have too MUCH CRAP on this team. We need to subtract the crap to get better. I rather have a role playing center over Curry. Most logical smart people would. Curry has no potential. You can't teach intelligence or heart. Who the hell said this was NBA Live? Are you happy with this team? Unless you're attracted to Isiah Thomas, you shouldn't be. I'm voicing my OPINION that has alot of passion for the Knicks franchise, I care for the KNICKS...not Isiah Thomas, not James Dolan, not for players who disgrace what a Knick is suppose to be, like Curry Francis Fyre Crawford Marbury James Rose...replace all those guys with role players with light contracts. THANKS.

Join the Raptors? They're rebuilding and have prospects to build around. They have a franchise player, something we don't have. Bosh is a Franchise player who's being built around shooters and a pure speed demon PG in Ford. Raptors have the worst center dept and probably the worst starting center in the league. They're going to suck until they get a decent starting center and more big man dept. They can complete that in a matter of a year.

We're trapped in this mess, patience? Go ahead, you're a weird Knick fan for enjoying to be patience with this **** roster.
    Last edited by metrocard; Nov 20, 2006 at 16:41.