Who should be traded?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We don't trade anyone...simple as that. We try to make this work. We have potential and we have a will. No fights in the lockeroom, everyone is almost on the same page...why would we want to trade someone to mess up our clubhouse chemistry. I think this thing can work with some time. Let's show some patience here.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I wont defend Marbury but what you're saying makes no sense what so ever. The Knicks would only need to trade two players for Garnett. One would need to be ether Marbury or Francis. They both make 8 figures a year. I've read your posts and they usually don't make sense. Correct me if I'm wrong but you were against the Allan Houston clause but you are for releasing Marbury? So you'd rather keep a guy on the books that isn't even playing and cut a guy that is struggling. Marbury is a shell of what he once was at this point but if it were Charlie Ward making 16 points 4 assits you'd all be ok with that. Go figure.

Here comes the correction cause you're wrong. I was against how we used the clause. Jerome Williams contract was 7 Mil. we should have used the amnesty to unburden a bigger amount of salary. Allan Houston's contract is covered 80 or 85% by insurance, so the hit is more tolerable. Allan Houston costs us in fact only 4 Mil against the cap. I've said to dump Marbury for years. His contract is the biggest, and quite frankly people say Allan Houston was a thief, but he got us to the NBA Finals on 2 separate occassions. Marbury has yet to get us out of the first round. If Charlie Ward was in Marbury's place I would be ecstatic. Ward was/is a winner, and his salary is was far less. Marbury is currently putting up 12.4 PPG & 4.7 APG. His salary is 17 275 781. Currently, that equates to 1 439 648 Per point. Yeah that's value!!! Don Chris you say that my posts don't make sense. That's your opinion. At least I don't drop ridiculous comments like, lets trade for KG with no one one the roster Minnesota would trade for. NBA trade rules state that you have try match salaries. The most tradable guys like Lee, Frye, Q-Rich make no where near what Garnett makes. Do you really think Minnesota would trade with us when they wouldn't trade with Lakers for Lamar Odom? By the way Garnett is the highest paid player in the L, he makes 21 000 000. So figure out who to trade to get him. Trades take more than hopes and dreams. In a league like the NBA if you made trades you've suggested, one trade would be enough to get you fired. Do you think Kevin McHale would take Francis or Marbury??? Would you??

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Some people in this forum believe that Minnesota would ever trade Garnett for Marbury or Francis and a few other players. That will never happen!!! No team wants to touch their contracts (3 years remaining including this season I believe). Maybe next season or the following when their contracts are down to 1-2 years remaining, teams would consider it.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
ESPN has a decent article on Garnett and his contract leverage to go where ever he wants if he opts out of his contract. Minni will have to rebuild and where ever they send Garnett they won't get any where close to equal value unless they trade him for Kobe or Tmac, but that ant going to happen. Odom is an underachiever. Would I accept Francis or Marbury for Garnett? No, but once again, the Net will have most likely have his choice on where he ends up, be it L.A., Jersey, NY or Denver. It's all speculation. As far as dollar for dollar trades go who would you rather have? Odom and another Laker bum or Francis and a young Channing Frye? Both trades are just about even. The Knicks have as much to offer as just about any other team. At least with Frye Minny could have a future. A future better than if they traded Garnett for Odem and Kwame Brown.

The so called Allan Houston clause allows a team to cut one player from its roster without paying the luxury tax for that player’s salary. The luxury tax is dollar for dollar of the player’s salary. This is old stuff but "prior" to Houston retiring, all the Houston fans were chanting "Don't buy him out! Buy out Williams!" which made no sense. Williams could still play! His hustle would have been useful to us. Definitely more useful that Jerome James is. You don't buy out players that can still play when you have guys that can't play due to injury draining your teams money. This is one of many reasons why the Knicks management is the laughing stock of the NBA. The clause was set up to rid a team of injury prone over paid players like Allan Houston. It was even nick-names "The Allan Houston Clause" but Isiah and Dolian didn't get the hint. Or may be Dolian believed the Allan Houston Christ rederick that so many Knicks fans have been spewing. Right, Houston single handedly carried the Knicks the the finals. I remember a few other guys that held us down. Guys like Larry Johnson and Latrel Spreewell and Marcus Camby. The arguement that Houston brought us to the play offs but Marbury didn't is not on the level. Do we have half of the team that we did then? Last I checked Camby is in Denver and L.J, Ewing, and Spreewell are retired.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
If I was Minnesota, I would rather let Garnett opt out of his contract than take on Francis or Marbury's contract. I would also take Odom over Francis/Marbury because he's more versatile and bigger. I don't see Odom being anymore of an underachiever than Francis/Marbury. How is it that some nights Marbury plays defense and some nights, he lets chucky atkins light up the scoreboard with layup drills? As for Frye, I never really thought he was much of a prospect. I don't think he has the athleticism to be anymore than a spot-up shooter and he can't even do that lately. We should have drafted Andrew Bynum instead of Frye. In fact, I would trade Odom for Francis/Marbury and Frye only if Odom has less than 3 years remaining in his contract.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Why would we want to trade anyone? To destroy our chemistry even more? If most of you have realized...the more we traded and changed the team, the worst we've gotten. Again patience is the key and if you don't have patience...then join the raptors.

metrocard

Legend
Why would we want to trade anyone? To destroy our chemistry even more? If most of you have realized...the more we traded and changed the team, the worst we've gotten. Again patience is the key and if you don't have patience...then join the raptors.

WHAT CHEMISTRY?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
The little bit of chemistry right now...everyone seems to be on the same page somewhat. Even if you don't agree...we can't trade our way out this one. Besides you have curry first on the list...who are we going to get him for? Mark Blount, the candyman, Lafrentz? Oh yes...if we get one of those guys then we're set! Get real playa, we're stuck with curry he has all the upside in the world and whoever we trade for him is going to be two times worse. Again...WE ARE NOT TRADING OUR WAY OUT OF THIS ONE. This is reality...not NBA LIVE....

metrocard

Legend
There is no chemistry. The players don't fit or compliment each other. Get real? You need to understand and comprehend the fact we have too MUCH CRAP on this team. We need to subtract the crap to get better. I rather have a role playing center over Curry. Most logical smart people would. Curry has no potential. You can't teach intelligence or heart. Who the hell said this was NBA Live? Are you happy with this team? Unless you're attracted to Isiah Thomas, you shouldn't be. I'm voicing my OPINION that has alot of passion for the Knicks franchise, I care for the KNICKS...not Isiah Thomas, not James Dolan, not for players who disgrace what a Knick is suppose to be, like Curry Francis Fyre Crawford Marbury James Rose...replace all those guys with role players with light contracts. THANKS.

Join the Raptors? They're rebuilding and have prospects to build around. They have a franchise player, something we don't have. Bosh is a Franchise player who's being built around shooters and a pure speed demon PG in Ford. Raptors have the worst center dept and probably the worst starting center in the league. They're going to suck until they get a decent starting center and more big man dept. They can complete that in a matter of a year.

We're trapped in this mess, patience? Go ahead, you're a weird Knick fan for enjoying to be patience with this shit roster.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Listen to yourself...if we didn't have chemistry...we would look like the exact team that played last year. We are 4-7 which is a whole lot better than last year's record. And you know how easy it is to dump francis and marbury. Last time I checked they're making a combined 35+ mil this year alone...sorry playa we're not dumping that contract. And Eddy Curry is the best offensive post player that we have. And you said you can't teach heart and intelligence? Well how do you explain Yao Ming and T-Mac's career genious? Both were mediocre and lackadaisical at the beginning of their own respective careers. And now they are both aggressive monsters. Who said this is nba live, you did...you're one of the few knick fans that think it's pretty reasonable to dump francis and marbury at a whim. YOU get real playa. I don't care what you want for this team but if you say something reasonable then I can disagree or agree with it. What you said this post and a couple posts back...I can't comment on...because it's unreasonably out of focus. You need to stop crying about what you want and get real with the fact that this can develop into a contender with time instead of trades. Just the stereotypcial knick fan who flip-flops andwants trades and actually think trades are going to make a better. Trades is what got us in this mess! And you think trades are going to make us better? And you obviously don't know anything about basketball if you think this team is full of 'crap'. JC, Starbury, the franchise, Channing Frye...these guys are crap? I don't need to dignify that with an answer.
And if you repsect the Raptors that much again...GO TO THE RAPTORS. Teams don't win championships with 1 player built around shooters...sorry. Chris Bosh is good but he's not a dominant center that can carry his team to a championship...he needs a sidekick. Sorry to tell you this...they aren't winning a championship any time soon. We have a better chance to win a championship than them.
Sorry I had to spit bars at you...I have mad passion for my team and when something wrong and unreasonable is said...I have to flush it out. God Bless 1

GaMeTiMe

Rookie
I'll make this simple for you.

EVERYONE

except for Robinson, Balkman, Lee, Collins, and then MAYBE Richardson and Curry

NYKnicks15

Starter
This team flows so much better without Marbury. His last game (houston) was disgusting. If we could get rid of Marbs for some sort of C/PF/SF id be happy. maybe we could get Ricky Davis from Minny for him or something i have no clue. my brain hurts too much to think about that.

Now I am a Marbury fan. Always will be. and I really wish things would work out with him here. but we just dont work well with him. Curry also is a tempo breaker but i think if he leans up and learns the game he could be good in a couple years. i wouldnt give up on him. but a high priced, already "in his prime" shoot first point guard i am about to give up on.

i hope Jeffries gets back soon as well. I want to see if he balances anything oout.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'll make this simple for you.

EVERYONE

except for Robinson, Balkman, Lee, Collins, and then MAYBE Richardson and Curry
Well let me put it simple for you...is all those trades possible? Is it reasonable? You say blow up the team and I say that's exactly what we did to Layden's team and now we're here. Is that simple enough?

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I don't think MetroCard wants the Knicks to make hasty trades like in the past (i.e. Penny for Francis). I would personally rather stick with the same team and wait till their contracts run out, then pull those dumb trades. However, if the trade will speed up our rebuilding process, I say, go for it. Right now, we need to reduce salary cap and attain draft picks (even ones that are in the bottom of the first round). It's a long shot but I think we could unload Marbury and Francis (both 3 years remaining) for some bottom first round draft picks (25-29) and crummy players with 2 years or less left in their contracts.

easyrider

Rookie
I hope Marbury and Francis (plus J.James, M.Collins or M. Rose if needed) for a good point guard and a good center... To see Crawford or Lee start on the bench is frustrating... A 'traditionnal' pg (like Tony Parker, i'm dreaming ;) who could hold, pass the ball and shoot could do a nice mixup with Robinson and a tuff pf or center (like Wilcox for example) who could muscle up with Curry, Frye and Lee would be perfect...
But i'm afraid this will only happens in my NBA Live game ;)

Cityrock

Rookie
Realistic trading

Marbury is my boy played with him a few times in BKLYN but financial speaking he needs to go. We are wasting too much time for a turnaround here. Getting KG is the right answer but I don't think it would workout with Marbury around.

My ultimate prediction before any trading takes place Isiah will get the ax.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You right man cuz it's only going to happen in your NBA Live game lol. But I do think that with the emergence of nate-rob...either francis or marbury needs to be benched. JC is still to shot happy to start and would only make running the offense that much harder with all his erratic shots. So I'd still start one of them (Marbury or Francis). Also I'd bring Curry off the bench and put David Lee as PF and start Frye as C.

metrocard

Legend
Listen to yourself...if we didn't have chemistry...we would look like the exact team that played last year. We are 4-7 which is a whole lot better than last year's record. And you know how easy it is to dump francis and marbury. Last time I checked they're making a combined 35+ mil this year alone...sorry playa we're not dumping that contract. And Eddy Curry is the best offensive post player that we have. And you said you can't teach heart and intelligence? Well how do you explain Yao Ming and T-Mac's career genious? Both were mediocre and lackadaisical at the beginning of their own respective careers. And now they are both aggressive monsters. Who said this is nba live, you did...you're one of the few knick fans that think it's pretty reasonable to dump francis and marbury at a whim. YOU get real playa. I don't care what you want for this team but if you say something reasonable then I can disagree or agree with it. What you said this post and a couple posts back...I can't comment on...because it's unreasonably out of focus. You need to stop crying about what you want and get real with the fact that this can develop into a contender with time instead of trades. Just the stereotypcial knick fan who flip-flops andwants trades and actually think trades are going to make a better. Trades is what got us in this mess! And you think trades are going to make us better? And you obviously don't know anything about basketball if you think this team is full of 'crap'. JC, Starbury, the franchise, Channing Frye...these guys are crap? I don't need to dignify that with an answer.
And if you repsect the Raptors that much again...GO TO THE RAPTORS. Teams don't win championships with 1 player built around shooters...sorry. Chris Bosh is good but he's not a dominant center that can carry his team to a championship...he needs a sidekick. Sorry to tell you this...they aren't winning a championship any time soon. We have a better chance to win a championship than them.
Sorry I had to spit bars at you...I have mad passion for my team and when something wrong and unreasonable is said...I have to flush it out. God Bless 1

Whatever chemistry you're speaking retardly about now, if we do have chemistry now, it SUCKS. It isn't going to work. The team we have right now is complete garbage. Richardson is our best player, and he's not even making the all star team.

Why the hell did we trade for Marbury and the Francis in the first place? Obviously I know how HARD it is to trade them cause Isiah is the WORST GM in the NBA. He trades for the players with little value and untradable contracts. Who wouldn't be disgusted with this team? Real Knick fans must be vomitting right now. Compare this soft roster full of pussies compared to the 90s Knicks, men who were made out of steel and use to battle everynight for the city of NYC.

Yao and T'Mac are both intelligent basketball players with passion to be all stars. Yao and T'Mac have much more talent and ability than Curry. Curry has no desire to excel than his state of medicory. He has no interest to dominant or make a difference on defense. Curry has no confidence or passion to dominate the boards and rebound. Curry is one dementional, overpaid, and his potential is limited because of the fact he doesn't look to reach full potential. Yao and T'Mac are established All stars, in a matter of 3-4 years in the NBA. Curry has been in the NBA for 5-6 years, he's still medicore at BEST.

You said this was NBA Live, I never mention anything about live, are you retarded?

This team can develop as contenders within time? We have no all star players, no pure PG's, no shot blockers, no primary scoring option that puts fears into other teams. Can you atleast explain with LOGIC why this roster right now will contend for the title "within" time? Let me guess, within 10 years? You're silly. Discuss basketball, not predict or HOPE for the future.

STUPID TRADES got the Knicks in this mess, are you alert at all or do you sleep all day and wake up worshiping Isiah's throne as the master of diaster for the Knicks?

We need to trade for expiring contracts, young players with WORK ETHNIC, TOUGHNESS AND POTENTIAL. Key veterans who can play a role on the team and not be scrubs. Not sign scrub free agents to over pricey contracts that NO ONE WILL TRADE FOR. Do you understand now? We made TOO MANY STUPID TRADES. Why keep all this garbage on this team now cause your little ass got tired of Isiah making a trade every 2 weeks?

Francis, Marbury are has beens, they're falling down on their careers.

Marbury is a good player, but no longer an all star. He's extremely overpaid and isn't even a top 10 PG in the NBA right now.

Francis is no longer "Franchise" He's a Franchise killer, he did it with Houston, Orlando and now the Knicks. He hasn't been an all star in YEARS, and will never make the all star team again. He's not at that level no more get it through your head.

Chuckford or Crawful needs to go. He has a great personality and is a great kid, I love him to death and hope he has sucess in his career, but his style of game doesn't fit on the Knicks, especially with the lack of pure PG's or cheap up tempo style. Crawford would fit on the Suns, Sonics, or Washington, not the KNICKS. We can't efford stupid Low % FG shooting...Crawford is extremely inconsistant also.

Fyre is a one dementional player who's been overrated since preseason of last year. We've seen how much a non factor Fyre is when his jumpshot isn't falling. He is NOT good at anything else considering his game. Everything he does is medicore or extremely poor. He has no presence in the paint, and is just a 6"10 SF taking jumpshots and 3pt shots from long range. We don't NEED that on this team, comprende?

I'm a diehard Knicks fan with logic, you're an embarassment for not defending the Knicks, but defending Isiah's silly moves he has done to harm the team.

You're telling me Chris Bosh isn't that good? He's averaging 20 and 12, all star MVP canidate numbers. Raptors just restarted rebuilding in a matter of one year. Atleast they have an all star and young players, not loaded with heavy untradable contracts. That is what I'm saying. We're in a crap position right now, most real Knick fans realize it. You're not being real right now, at all.

Spit bars at me? You can't even rhyme, lol @ you rapping. You're probably some white kid from the surburbs, atleast show some respect in this forum. "Spitting bars" are you serious? You can't make one logical point. All you say is "Knicks will win a championship before the Raptors" "Mabury, Franchise, Crawford Fyre aren't crap" EXPLAIN WHY, then maybe I can reason with you. You have no reason or logic.

metrocard

Legend
You right man cuz it's only going to happen in your NBA Live game lol. But I do think that with the emergence of nate-rob...either francis or marbury needs to be benched. JC is still to shot happy to start and would only make running the offense that much harder with all his erratic shots. So I'd still start one of them (Marbury or Francis). Also I'd bring Curry off the bench and put David Lee as PF and start Frye as C.

HOP OFF NBA LIVE.

Francis and Marbury need to be moved. Benching them would lower their trade value even more. Hey, lets be stupid and "real" Lets suck for the next 3 years to wait for Francis and Marbury's contracts to expire? Then WE COULD REBUILD , instead of rebuilding now.

Channing Fyre doesn't do anything besides chuck up shots, why would we put him at center? We need a starting center badly, same with a pure PG. We need to subtract the garbage from this team. I get a headache watching the garbage recently.

The only players I'm satifed with are Richardson, Robinson, Lee, Balkman, and Collins. Everyone, be gone from the Knicks. This franchise need their RESPECT BACK. I'm tired of people looking at the Knicks as a practical joke by Isiah Thomas.