Who should be traded?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Well guys with the draft being so deep this year imo we have to get rid of the high salary players in Marbury and Francis and get a first round pick some how.Our team just plays good in spurts and we have some really good young talant in Lee,Balkman,Frye,Crawford,Curry.I really believe we need to build around thease players... and to do that we need to get rid of the high salary players in Marbury,Francis and who ever else has a monster contract.

Sure NY is a high priced team but we will never really win if we keep bringing stars in here with big contracts b/c the team will never find the chemistry to work with and win with.To become a dominate team in the NBA I really think you have to start from the bottom and rebuild your team from scratch.If you look at our team we would'nt have to rebuild much b/c we already have Lee,Balkman,Frye,Crawford,Curry that are young and really want to be a winner and lead NY to bigger and better things.

Its True And People No It

Marbury Is The Best We Got!!!!!francis Has To Go

The Starting Lineup Should Be----
Marbury
Crawford
Balkman
Lee
Curry
6th Man=frye

paris401

Starter
How about Francis for Corey Maggette?

why settle for corey... let try to trade francis for kobe... or maybe for wade, or lebron...face it ain't no one taking stevie franchise and his 35+ million owed till the year after next when his contract is in its last year..

NOBODY...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Marbury is the best we got in SOME games!!! The PG is the guy that runs the show and thats Marburys job.To be honest with you I don't see Marbury running the knicks to the best of his abilitys.He has been boooed constantly all season long.That right there tells me and shows me that he has to do better almost every single night.He comes out and plays funtimental basketball and plays team ball then we have won every game... BUT when he does'nt and wants to play that one on one stuff all game then that hurts the knicks team a whole lot and we get blowed out.

I think Marbury is one of the best players in the NBA but he could be alot better if he wanted to be.I think thats why the knicks fans are so tough on him b/c they know that he could be a GREAT player.If he would come out and play funtimental basketball everynight and run the offense to perfection by playing team ball then I would'nt want to trade him... but he has'nt showed me that since he has been here and with this deep draft coming up its the perfect time to try to trade him for a 1st rounder.

paris401

Starter
trading starbury.. will not happen for the same reasons stevie franchise is here to stay... $$$$$ and lots of it.. ain't nobody going to take these guys...

plus you can't trade him for a draft pick alone... you need to trade him for equal (or close to) salary...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
trading starbury.. will not happen for the same reasons stevie franchise is here to stay... $$$$$ and lots of it.. ain't nobody going to take these guys...

plus you can't trade him for a draft pick alone... you need to trade him for equal (or close to) salary...

Yeah,I agree Paris!!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I wonder if any of you out there wants to trade him after that game he had against Detroit??????????????????????

Lack of patients that's why. NY needs to go for Garnett. He is the missing link. Francis/Frye/Rose or Crawford for Garnett. One way or another KG will leave Minny. We need to be the front runners to aquire him.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Lack of patients that's why. NY needs to go for Garnett. He is the missing link. Francis/Frye/Rose or Crawford for Garnett. One way or another KG will leave Minny. We need to be the front runners to aquire him.

I would'nt mind if we trade Francis and Rose but we can't trade Frye and Carawford b/c they are young players and we need to build around our young players.Thats our problem we have always traded away our young players and kept the players that on their down side.

George M.

Benchwarmer
I think that Minnesota might go for Francis/Frye/Robinson.The salary match is there and a couple of good young players to build around.As much as I think that we would need KG to be a legitamate contender in the East,giving up on Crawford is not a good idea!!!!

reckoning

Benchwarmer
i might be insane, but i don't really think we need kg. i think we're finally starting to come together as a team and if we traded any of the young guys for him, we'd be back to square one. shipping out frye, lee, or crawford would be a terrible idea.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
dont get me wrong i love frye, robinson, and even francis but if we could land KG for them 3 then i wouldnt mind one bit to see them go. our team might seem to be coming together but we are NOT consistent enough to make it deep into the playoffs. bringing a superstar like KG into NY can only bring good things. between him and lee alone they could be pulling down 30+ boards a game easily. not to mention the chemistry between him and stephon when they were in minni 2gether would be revived. they play great together. if u dont think a superstar like kg can help us then just look @ the denver nuggets. they havnt lost a game since bringing in the answer. if we can get garnett into the garden we will be the most dreaded team in the east. imagine a line-up of...
pg-marbury
sg-q-rich
sf-lee
pf-garnett
c-curry

backup
pg-collins
sg-crawford
sf-balkman
pf-jeffries/rose
c-cato/james

game over we would be champs reallll soon.

Allen

Benchwarmer
Our chances of landing KG are slim to none and slim just left the building. I doubt anyone even Minnesota would stupid enough to want Francis. Orlando couldn't give Francis away had we not stepped in.

paris401

Starter
Our chances of landing KG are slim to none and slim just left the building. I doubt anyone even Minnesota would stupid enough to want Francis. Orlando couldn't give Francis away had we not stepped in.

AGREE!!!!!.... if minny decides to trade garnett, they will go into rebuilding mode...frye/nate, would be a step in that direction, but franchise... and his $$$... that ain't happening...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
AGREE!!!!!.... if minny decides to trade garnett, they will go into rebuilding mode...frye/nate, would be a step in that direction, but franchise... and his $$$... that ain't happening...

True but the Knicks have alot of good players that have value. We have as much to offer as any other team for the most part. Minny wont get an all-star for KG. They will have to take some thing of equal value, which is why I wanted the Knicks to get Al Harrington. Expect Indy to drop his name for a trade. Still, we've got players to move. Frye is the biggest one.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
i might be insane, but i don't really think we need kg. i think we're finally starting to come together as a team and if we traded any of the young guys for him, we'd be back to square one. shipping out frye, lee, or crawford would be a terrible idea.

Thank you!!!!! thats what I have been saying all along.Why trade for KG when this team is finally looking like a good team and they look like they have great chemistry.

metrocard

Legend
Everyone except Lee is tradable on this team. We don't have alot valuable contracts because we have long term contracts with older washed up players who are on the decline (James, Rose, Marbury, Francis). Crawford is the same player he was 3 years ago, but worse, he has a long contract also. No one is trying to get Crawford or would be dumb enough to trade for him.

The guys who have value are Robinson, Lee, Fyre, Balkman, Collins, because they don't have ridiculous long term contracts that can kill your cap space.

Curry also if a team desperately needs a center.

I'm down to trade Robinson and Fyre, I really want Barbosa and Diaw in return, I really believe those two guys can help this team.

The rest of the long term bums, we just gotta suffer through what Isiah has put us threw no and in the future, and let those contracts expire, and hopefully be competitive then. I guess we'll be competitive again in 09. Thanks IT.

paris401

Starter
Everyone except Lee is tradable on this team. We don't have alot valuable contracts because we have long term contracts with older washed up players who are on the decline (James, Rose, Marbury, Francis). Crawford is the same player he was 3 years ago, but worse, he has a long contract also. No one is trying to get Crawford or would be dumb enough to trade for him.

The guys who have value are Robinson, Lee, Fyre, Balkman, Collins, because they don't have ridiculous long term contracts that can kill your cap space.

Curry also if a team desperately needs a center.

I'm down to trade Robinson and Fyre, I really want Barbosa and Diaw in return, I really believe those two guys can help this team.

The rest of the long term bums, we just gotta suffer through what Isiah has put us threw no and in the future, and let those contracts expire, and hopefully be competitive then. I guess we'll be competitive again in 09. Thanks IT.

the sun's are one of the 'elite' teams, that maybe have enough to take it all. if they make a trade , it is to put them over the top.. do u think that getting rid of barbosa and diaw for nate and frye makes em better?? i don't, so why make the trade if u are the suns???