Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who should be traded?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Allen
    Our chances of landing KG are slim to none and slim just left the building. I doubt anyone even Minnesota would stupid enough to want Francis. Orlando couldn't give Francis away had we not stepped in.
    AGREE!!!!!.... if minny decides to trade garnett, they will go into rebuilding mode...frye/nate, would be a step in that direction, but franchise... and his $$$... that ain't happening...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by paris401
    AGREE!!!!!.... if minny decides to trade garnett, they will go into rebuilding mode...frye/nate, would be a step in that direction, but franchise... and his $$$... that ain't happening...
    True but the Knicks have alot of good players that have value. We have as much to offer as any other team for the most part. Minny wont get an all-star for KG. They will have to take some thing of equal value, which is why I wanted the Knicks to get Al Harrington. Expect Indy to drop his name for a trade. Still, we've got players to move. Frye is the biggest one.

Originally Posted by reckoning
    i might be insane, but i don't really think we need kg. i think we're finally starting to come together as a team and if we traded any of the young guys for him, we'd be back to square one. shipping out frye, lee, or crawford would be a terrible idea.

Thank you!!!!! thats what I have been saying all along.Why trade for KG when this team is finally looking like a good team and they look like they have great chemistry.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Everyone except Lee is tradable on this team. We don't have alot valuable contracts because we have long term contracts with older washed up players who are on the decline (James, Rose, Marbury, Francis). Crawford is the same player he was 3 years ago, but worse, he has a long contract also. No one is trying to get Crawford or would be dumb enough to trade for him.

The guys who have value are Robinson, Lee, Fyre, Balkman, Collins, because they don't have ridiculous long term contracts that can kill your cap space.

Curry also if a team desperately needs a center.

I'm down to trade Robinson and Fyre, I really want Barbosa and Diaw in return, I really believe those two guys can help this team.

The rest of the long term bums, we just gotta suffer through what Isiah has put us threw no and in the future, and let those contracts expire, and hopefully be competitive then. I guess we'll be competitive again in 09. Thanks IT.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Everyone except Lee is tradable on this team. We don't have alot valuable contracts because we have long term contracts with older washed up players who are on the decline (James, Rose, Marbury, Francis). Crawford is the same player he was 3 years ago, but worse, he has a long contract also. No one is trying to get Crawford or would be dumb enough to trade for him.

The guys who have value are Robinson, Lee, Fyre, Balkman, Collins, because they don't have ridiculous long term contracts that can kill your cap space.

Curry also if a team desperately needs a center.

I'm down to trade Robinson and Fyre, I really want Barbosa and Diaw in return, I really believe those two guys can help this team.

The rest of the long term bums, we just gotta suffer through what Isiah has put us threw no and in the future, and let those contracts expire, and hopefully be competitive then. I guess we'll be competitive again in 09. Thanks IT.
    the sun's are one of the 'elite' teams, that maybe have enough to take it all. if they make a trade , it is to put them over the top.. do u think that getting rid of barbosa and diaw for nate and frye makes em better?? i don't, so why make the trade if u are the suns???

12th man

Originally Posted by paris401
    the sun's are one of the 'elite' teams, that maybe have enough to take it all. if they make a trade , it is to put them over the top.. do u think that getting rid of barbosa and diaw for nate and frye makes em better?? i don't, so why make the trade if u are the suns???

Yes, I understand Suns are one of the elite teams in the NBA. If you think about it, Fyre on the Suns would spread the court more, and add what the Suns been needing, a big man who can shoot. Nash and Fyre on the pick and roll would be deadly and benefit them. Plus, ever since Amare has arrived, Diaw hasn't played like the Diaw of last year, many people think Diaw and Amare can't play that well together. So Fyre will help their frontcourt dept and he will play better since he will always be open with Amare and Marion, two fowards who score 20+ a game. I think Suns will still be more elite, Robinson can easily replace Barbosa's role, considering how Nate loves to play a fast tempo, plus they get a first rounder. Also we have to consider Coleangelo isn't the GM of the Suns no more, so who knows. Its just a suggestion from me, because Barbosa and Diaw are two guys I've been wanting on this team for the last 3 years.

Barbosa
    Richardson
    Diaw
    Lee
    Curry

Thats a LEGIT crew.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Yes, I understand Suns are one of the elite teams in the NBA. If you think about it, Fyre on the Suns would spread the court more, and add what the Suns been needing, a big man who can shoot. Nash and Fyre on the pick and roll would be deadly and benefit them. Plus, ever since Amare has arrived, Diaw hasn't played like the Diaw of last year, many people think Diaw and Amare can't play that well together. So Fyre will help their frontcourt dept and he will play better since he will always be open with Amare and Marion, two fowards who score 20+ a game. I think Suns will still be more elite, Robinson can easily replace Barbosa's role, considering how Nate loves to play a fast tempo, plus they get a first rounder. Also we have to consider Coleangelo isn't the GM of the Suns no more, so who knows. Its just a suggestion from me, because Barbosa and Diaw are two guys I've been wanting on this team for the last 3 years.

Barbosa
    Richardson
    Diaw
    Lee
    Curry

Thats a LEGIT crew.

you may be rite, , tho when i look at the suns, their 'weakness' , is on interior ' D ', which frye would not offer a solution.
    with their offence, big ben wallace mite have been a fit...

Knicks have to trade Jeffries and Francis

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks-player

I.T. will never trade jefferies... he made too much of getting him over the summer to turn around and say oops... i made a mistake...

as to francis... he is a knick till feb of 08... when someone will take him for cap relief...ofcourse if I.T. is still here, he will probably trade him for someone equally inept, but with a longer term contract...

Nyk Logo

i don't think it would necessarily be terrible if nate got traded. it really all depends on what happens when he comes back from his forced vacation. he's young, passionate, talented, and a spark plug, but if he continues to play foolishly then he needs to go.

Originally Posted by Knicks-player
    I think that this roster needs a total overhaul! All the players on the knicks, as individuals, are talented and could help other teams, they just don't work on the Knicks because all their styles are too smiliar and do not mix well. I would see what it would take to get KG. That would be my first move as GM. KG's contract is huge so Minni would have to take either Marbury or Frances in the deal just to meet the money for the trade. Unless the Knicks unloaded half the roster, but why would minni want all those players when it is obvious that they can't win as a unit, so they would want only specific players along with expiring contracts anf future picks, I would think. I do not think the Knicks has what it takes to get KG. So, that being said, if the Knicks started to make moves they would need to address specific needs of their own. Like, a dominate low post defender and a guard that can defend. They also need a 3 that plays D as well.
    Jeffries to the suns for Raja Bell is one that I think would make sense for both teams. The Knicks would get a dominate defender in the back court, a guard that is D first but could knock down a 3 if need. Bell also is a great team player and good in the lock room. The Suns would get a 6'10" swing man that can defend the perimiter and down low. This also gives the Suns the ability to change up their lineup to match a bigger team. They could move Diaw to the 2 guard spot, Marion to the 3 and bring in Jeffires to play the 4. Now the Suns can go big or small depending on the matchup. This is the type of move that would push the Suns over the top.

I would see if I could get Atlanta to make this deal: Josh Smith for Channing Frye and a future pick (if needed to make the trade). This would address the Knicks need for a 3 that can defend and break down the D in the low post. Atlanta would get a big man that can run the floor and can stretch the D with his ability to hit from 16 feet plus. Frye is young so he would fit right in and Childress can play the 3.

Move Lee to the starting 4 positiion and try to land another 4 either with the draft or using Crawford and/or Richardson to trade for a 4. With Curry in the middle, they do not need another offensive minded big man. I would see if we could get Eaton Thomas from Washington for either player. I might even be interested in Zach Randolf from Portland or see if Mempis is looking to dump Gasol, but if they were you would need Frye in the deal to get him and that would negate the Atlanta trade. In that case you make it and maybe start Balkman to see if that works or keep starting Richardson. But, Gasol is highly unlikly so it is not really an option.
    Last edited by hometheaterguy; Jan 02, 2007 at 14:14.

I think that all of the above propositions are good ideas. But doesn't this whole overhaul of the roster thing sound a bit familiar...it's almost like Isiah has done it before...oh wait, he has. And it hasn't worked at all.

You guys are going to think I am crazy, but if I were in charge, i would seriously do nothing. Wait for all of the bums' contracts to expire (but sign Lee and Frye, maybe Nate and Balkman to relatively inexpensive long-term contracts). It will take 2-3 years, but we don't have any realistic chance to rebuild unless we do it--right now our only hope is that Isiah will draft a superstar (which he already has done with other teams, and we might have 1 or 2 in the making right now). It just seems that with every trade and free-agent signing, we take a step back. I think it's time for something a bit different.

What do you think? I know it's crazy...don't be afraid to totally trash this argument.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by SAT classes with Clyde
    I think that all of the above propositions are good ideas. But doesn't this whole overhaul of the roster thing sound a bit familiar...it's almost like Isiah has done it before...oh wait, he has. And it hasn't worked at all.

You guys are going to think I am crazy, but if I were in charge, i would seriously do nothing. Wait for all of the bums' contracts to expire (but sign Lee and Frye, maybe Nate and Balkman to relatively inexpensive long-term contracts). It will take 2-3 years, but we don't have any realistic chance to rebuild unless we do it--right now our only hope is that Isiah will draft a superstar (which he already has done with other teams, and we might have 1 or 2 in the making right now). It just seems that with every trade and free-agent signing, we take a step back. I think it's time for something a bit different.

What do you think? I know it's crazy...don't be afraid to totally trash this argument.
    I agree with you. It's not like setting up a team in a video game. Even if we got some top notch players it will take time for them to gain chemistry. Trading Jeffries is a bad idea. He and Richardson are the only ones that play D so why trade them. That being said I am not totally against trading for the right player.

Originally Posted by donchris
    I agree with you. It's not like setting up a team in a video game. Even if we got some top notch players it will take time for them to gain chemistry. Trading Jeffries is a bad idea. He and Richardson are the only ones that play D so why trade them. That being said I am not totally against trading for the right player.
    I'm not sure about the video game comment but my suggestions were based on what I have seen so far this year and the last season as well. The Knicks are week at the spots I brought up and if you keep the roster the way it is, we will be in for 3-4 years of misery!! The Knicks ca not just sit back and try to get under the cap, it's just not a feesable way to go. I feel my suggestions would really improve the quality of the team and the play. It has nothing to do with video games or anything else.

12th man

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    I think that this roster needs a total overhaul! All the players on the knicks, as individuals, are talented and could help other teams, they just don't work on the Knicks because all their styles are too smiliar and do not mix well. I would see what it would take to get KG. That would be my first move as GM. KG's contract is huge so Minni would have to take either Marbury or Frances in the deal just to meet the money for the trade. Unless the Knicks unloaded half the roster, but why would minni want all those players when it is obvious that they can't win as a unit, so they would want only specific players along with expiring contracts anf future picks, I would think. I do not think the Knicks has what it takes to get KG. So, that being said, if the Knicks started to make moves they would need to address specific needs of their own. Like, a dominate low post defender and a guard that can defend. They also need a 3 that plays D as well.
    Jeffries to the suns for Raja Bell is one that I think would make sense for both teams. The Knicks would get a dominate defender in the back court, a guard that is D first but could knock down a 3 if need. Bell also is a great team player and good in the lock room. The Suns would get a 6'10" swing man that can defend the perimiter and down low. This also gives the Suns the ability to change up their lineup to match a bigger team. They could move Diaw to the 2 guard spot, Marion to the 3 and bring in Jeffires to play the 4. Now the Suns can go big or small depending on the matchup. This is the type of move that would push the Suns over the top.

I would see if I could get Atlanta to make this deal: Josh Smith for Channing Frye and a future pick (if needed to make the trade). This would address the Knicks need for a 3 that can defend and break down the D in the low post. Atlanta would get a big man that can run the floor and can stretch the D with his ability to hit from 16 feet plus. Frye is young so he would fit right in and Childress can play the 3.

Move Lee to the starting 4 positiion and try to land another 4 either with the draft or using Crawford and/or Richardson to trade for a 4. With Curry in the middle, they do not need another offensive minded big man. I would see if we could get Eaton Thomas from Washington for either player. I might even be interested in Zach Randolf from Portland or see if Mempis is looking to dump Gasol, but if they were you would need Frye in the deal to get him and that would negate the Atlanta trade. In that case you make it and maybe start Balkman to see if that works or keep starting Richardson. But, Gasol is highly unlikly so it is not really an option.
    We see eye to eye, but Raja Bell plays 35 minutes in Phoneix, he fits perfectly in that system, I wish we could have Raja Bell.

Thats the problem. We don't have any Raja Bell's. We have alot of Steve Francis' and Marbury's. Alot of medicore big men with terrible interior defensive game, besides Lee who's improving.

I'm open to trade everyone except Lee. I would like to keep Q-Rich, he doesn't do anything TERRIBLE, but nothing great.

Here's my agruement with Curry. His scoring is dominant, his rebounding has great improved, he LOOKS way more athletic this year than last year. But I can't LIVE with the fact that our leading scoring is a 16 ppg center who averages almost 3.5 turnovers a game. Thats not GOOD production or efficency. Any big man or foward 16 points per game should average 2 turnovers are most. The ammount of touches result in alot of points and turnovers. That means whenever our primary option scores, the other team gets an opportunity for a shot attempt. Usually the team with the most shot attempts has the better chance to win the GAME. I'm all about winning here, I'm a Knicks fan, I want to win games. I don't care if we don't get a superstar in a trade like a Kevin Garnett. I just want a core group of players who can help us WIN. Guys like Raja Bell and etc.

I don't know if we ever could get Raja Bell, or Josh Smith with the players on this team, but I'm going to hope management gets changed up first, then I could put more faith into better transaction for my team, more SMARTER moves, you know what I'm saying?