Who should be traded?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I wouldn't mind that trade at all. We need artest on the knicks. Isiah has an ego but I don't think he's stubborn enough to deny a trade for artest only giving up frye and one of the guards you mentioned. He's not going to miss a chance to improve his team to championship caliber and getting artest is a step in the right direction.

While I like Artest, ironically we could of got him from Indiana if we were willing to give up Frye, giving up a big man for yet another small position player is not the answer. We need a guy like Artest and I would give frye for him, but only if I also had another deal in the works to land a big man. James Posey is a free agent and he is a Artest like defender and the Knicks could get him for the Mid level over the summer. I would use Frye as part of a Major deal, like a KG or O'neil (if they were options).

paris401

Starter
can't trade frye for artest.. something called a 'cap'... we would have to sweeten the pot, and since the next step for the kings will be a 'rebuilt', they ain't taking a bloated salary... maybe can work it with a 3rd team involved...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
True True...but I never said the trade would go through, I just agreed to the idea. But you're right...a third team might need to be involved...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
True True...but I never said the trade would go through, I just agreed to the idea. But you're right...a third team might need to be involved...

You know what, the truth of the matter is that making one or two player changes wouldn't make a difference! This roster is so disfunctional that it either needs a mojor overhaul or let it run it's coarse and get under the cap, Bringing in Artest, for example, is not going to change this team into a major contender. athe knicks need to wipe out the backcourt a rebuild it! That is the biggest problem right now. They also have major wholes in the 3 and 4 spots. The Knicks are screwed for the next few years and we need to start to accept it!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
You're right. I never said we were going to make the promised land anytime soon. Artest would fill a piece to a very large puzzle. This isn't going to be a quick fix and I don't believe that a quick fix should be attempted. But there's no doubt we would make playoffs with artest on this team. That's my belief. Not only does he add more defense on this team but he brings perimeter shooting which we are in dire need of. Trading, signing...whatever. Any way we can get him here, I'm for the idea.