What happened to our Run n' Gun offense?

e_D

Benchwarmer
We're not going to win by our stellar defensive performances. We know it, and everyone in the league knows it. I thought our plan coming into the season was to try to tire out and outscore the other team with our running and gunning.. The Phoenix Suns of the East..

They showed it could be pretty effective in the game against Memphis, but after that it has been nonexistant. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts as to why our run and gun offense was phased out?

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i think the run and gun offense could be very affective for the knicks and i also wonder where it went. i understand when curry and frye are in the game it is better to play a more half court game. but when francis, robinson, d lee, balkman, and crawford are on the court we need to run. q can obviously run as well he did it in phoenix. the offense looks very similar to last year...pound it in to curry early and forget about him late. once that happens it turns in to 1 on 1 and pick and rolls with whoevers running the point. in the last 3 games the 4th quarters have gone exactly like this. in atlanta its nate, san antonio its marbury, and dever its jamal. we need to get a gameplan and follow it the whole game. its the only way to get an identity as a team

BallHead

Benchwarmer
Too much turnovers

As long a they keep turning the ball over and not playing defense then IT has no choice but to slow the game down. If they can protect the ball and play some "D" then they'll create fast break opportunities and the run-n-gun will be in full effect. I think it is good that IT make them earn the prize of running.

As long a they keep turning the ball over and not playing defense then IT has no choice but to slow the game down. If they can protect the ball and play some "D" then they'll create fast break opportunities and the run-n-gun will be in full effect. I think it is good that IT make them earn the prize of running.

Couldnt agree with you more the knicks cant run and gun because they commit the most turnovers in the league. Your absolutly right, the knicks need to stop worrying about run and gun and start focusing on Defense which will be the catalyst to the offense. They always say the best offense is a good defense... or something like that. Just D up.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
the knicks are running much more than last year, isiah said they were going be similar to phoenix, the knicks cant be like phoenix, the knicks dont have a marion and a stoudamire and a big man like diaw who could pass, the knicks are much faster, they also shoot earlier in the shot clock and theres not a play being called everytime the knicks get the offensive possession, the knicks just imbound the ball the quicker than b4 and get there fastbreaks when they steal or off a rebound