It's OBVIOUS!!! --Look for trade

BallHead

Benchwarmer
After the last few games it is now evident that the starting line up has no chemistry. Here's what the KNICKS need to do.

1) Trade Francis for a Rebounder/ShotBlocker

Starting five Bench

Steph (pg) Robinson(pg)
Q-Rich (sg) Crawford(sg)
Curry (ctr) Frye(ctr)
Jeffries(fwd) Lee (fwd)
?????(fwd) Balkman(fwd)

Steph looks out of his element when he's playing with the young guns. He simply can't run and make quick decisions as well as the second unit can. For consistency, I say that 1,2 & 3 scoring options should be: Curry, Marbury & Q. This I think will develop a consistent chemistry. Eddy needs touches and Channing needs touches. Both as we've seen tonight can score but there ain't enough ball for the guys to get into a rhythm.

sylfaxd

Rookie
Don't be a Ball Head - use yor brain

The number one trade should be Marbury, Marbury, Marbury.
Do you feel sorry for the guy - I do. But this is not charity,
it is a professional sport and this guy stil playing like
he is in Coney Island- street basketball, without any defense, with a critical turnovers, without providing any
leadeship. Look at the best players - what makes them the best? The answer is - leadeship. They CAN LEAD THEIR TEAMS TO THE VICTORY NO MATTER WHAT.
This is the biggest problem for the Knicks. I believe that
with one or two good trades Knicks can be a different team. The young players will play better without Marbury.
My advice to Thomas - trade Marbury or the Knicks season is over.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The number one trade should be Marbury, Marbury, Marbury.
Do you feel sorry for the guy - I do. But this is not charity,
it is a professional sport and this guy stil playing like
he is in Coney Island- street basketball, without any defense, with a critical turnovers, without providing any
leadeship. Look at the best players - what makes them the best? The answer is - leadeship. They CAN LEAD THEIR TEAMS TO THE VICTORY NO MATTER WHAT.
This is the biggest problem for the Knicks. I believe that
with one or two good trades Knicks can be a different team. The young players will play better without Marbury.
My advice to Thomas - trade Marbury or the Knicks season is over.

This team would not be better with out Marbury. He's had some bad games so far but he is distributing the ball. So it's not like he's a ballhog and refusing to pass. Nate played a hell of a game against the Cavs but made some youthful mistakes as did Crawford. Crawford took a very bad shot when the game was close. A minute later the Knicks were down by 8. Both of those guys are right were they belong... On the bench... We need fire coming off the bench. The real problem is the backcourt of Marbury/ Francis. It just ant working! One of them must go! When one goes the other will play well. But we are months away from a trade. For now Thomas' best bet is to start David Lee and Bench Frye. Curry and Lee are the real duo on this squad.

forget about trades lets talk about buyouts. A good trade would be hard or immposible to pull off. We dont need any more bad players who come with bad contracts. Jerome James will never amount to anything, why?... because he was never anything to begin with other than a fat, injury prone bigman with a big ego and one good playoff game where he managed not to foul out. Buy him out already. Although improbable i would buy out Marbury. He has the wrong attitude all he cares about is himself. Starbury only cares about his sneakers and his new talk show, whats he gonna do next promote his rap cd ala ron artest. Marbury is cleary focused on making money, which is what every business man would like to achieve, however, he can give a hoot about the knicks or playing basketball. Hes getting paid his 20 mil a year already why not focus on his other things. BUY HIM OUT. give him his money and let him go achieve success in his new career. Let him get his own talk show- he probably will declare himself better then oprah. I would love to buy out francis but i think im getting a little too caried away there. We still need a scapgoat to put our blame on someone so let it be franchise.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
You cannot win with players like Marbury and Francis. Their games inhibit ball movement since they require the ball for too long a length of time to be effective. Plus, their defense is horrific, they can't keep anyone from having easy layups. It was shown in the Atlanta game where they let Chucky Atkins drive in at will.

donchris

You can't have it both ways. How can he be selfish with 2 pts and 7 assits? He's struggling to find his balance but Marbury is focused on distributing the ball. So give it a few more games before you write him off. I've noticed how quiet the hate group is when we win.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
My response has nothing to do with being selfish. I'm just saying that his game requires him having the ball for a long length of time. He needs to dribble a lot to contribute in offense whether its scoring or passing. By the way, what winning are you talking about? We haven't been winning for years.

seth

Rookie
I would agree that trading isn't really the way to go right now. We've gotta think long term and let some contracts expire. Don't forget, though, that every team Marbury has left (Wolves, Nets, Suns) has shown improvement in the immediate aftermath.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Trading could be the way to go if its the right trade. I think Marbury and Francis still has a lot of years left in their contract and any trade that could help us speed up the rebuilding process would be great.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
You can't have it both ways. How can he be selfish with 2 pts and 7 assits? He's struggling to find his balance but Marbury is focused on distributing the ball. So give it a few more games before you write him off. I've noticed how quiet the hate group is when we win.

I noticed the same thing. Its crazy to think that the Knicks would have started off the season playing great basketball. Its crazy to panic after just eight games.

NYKnicks15

Starter
alright ive supported Marbury and think he is a great guy etc etc. BUT really after his last comments about trying to become Starbury again and not worry about distributing as much cause according to him that is what is making him turnover the ball.. i say trade him and keep Steve Francis.

Steve is fast, energetic, REBOUNDS, passes, scores and just wants to win at this point. I wish I could say this the other way around and support keeping Steph but its about time we move him.

gega

Rookie
trade steph for a forward...we have awesome guards, so so big men but no one in between, we need forwards! i think Q isnt really a forward, and yes we have jeffries but when he gets in foul trouble or injured then what? David lee is more of a PF so i still think we need a 3 :fire:

donchris

alright ive supported Marbury and think he is a great guy etc etc. BUT really after his last comments about trying to become Starbury again and not worry about distributing as much cause according to him that is what is making him turnover the ball.. i say trade him and keep Steve Francis.

Steve is fast, energetic, REBOUNDS, passes, scores and just wants to win at this point. I wish I could say this the other way around and support keeping Steph but its about time we move him.

Marbury said he was trying to distribute the ball to much. He has to find a balance. But I'm not supporting a trade for Marbury because his role has not been clearly defined. No B.S., no excuses, just the facts!

Is it good for a PG to score 20-25 pts a game? I'm begining to think it's not a good thing. The point guard is the floor general and is in control of the flow of the offense. If the point guard is taking all the shots no one else can truily get into a good rhtym. Marbury had a shitty start. I do not think this shitty start warrents a trade. Steve had a pretty good start but did have several shitty years. Will Francis keep this up? Who knows. But I say trade Francis because of his good starting season.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I agree with you Don...except for the francis part. I say we trade crawford because his value is the highest, he has an easier contract to move, and he's turnover proned. But you hit the marbury point right on the head. He needs to find a balance to his game. There is no question he can drop 20-25 pts a game but can he get his teammates involved while doing so...now that's the question. One thing I have to say about some of these knick fans is that some of ya'll have no patience. 10 games into the season and ya'll want to trade people and fire everyone in office. Give it sometime and if things don't work out then we can look into the possibilty. Let's just ride with what we have...