Thread: Marbury + Francis = DISASTER

Hybrid View

Nyk Logo Marbury + Francis = DISASTER

Does anyone remember that poll during the preseason about the forcast of the knicks backcourt. I wish we can put that back up so that everyone will select DISASTER. It is absurd that the starting backcourt which is getting almost $40 mil combined can only manage to hit 1 Field Goal. ONE!! Its about time Isiah realizes this and takes action. Hes not acting like a coach on the brink of getting fired. If it take benching your so called stars to get a W then he should make the sacrafice. Its ridiculous how everygame they fall behind they need their backups to bring them back. Lets get what were paying for or else get them the hell out of here. The starting lineup should consist of who deserves to play not who is getting payed the most. 4 out of the 5 starters right now are getting outplayed by their subs. Lets do the right thing and fix the problem before its too late.

I agree. To have a backcourt that makes this much money go 1-10 combined? It's not only ridiculous but disgusting. Guys need to earn their minutes. As a reserve you watch Marbury take up 30+ minutes a a game, you'd get frustrated knowing that he does nothing to justify this. I say that you bench him till he plays better.

Nyk Logo Marbury's wise words

Marbury: "We're Getting Better In Spurts"
    14th November, 2006 - 1:30 am
    ...“I’m probably being too laid back,” added Marbury. “I’m trying to do something that I’ve never done before.

“I believe in what Isiah is trying to do.”

In saying that hes trying to do something that hes never done before I think hes talking about winning. Hes right he has never won before and really doesnt know how. Isnt that too bad. Get him out of here! at least he knows and admits hes a loser, has never won and will never win

"I ll bench anyone"-Isiah, exactly what does somebody have to do to get benched? Ive pretty much defended every knick at some point,especially Marbury,but its becoming harder and harder to do this.When will Thomas learn,close defeats mean nothing.2-6 just stinks,bottom line.its UNACCEPTABLE.As for the backcourt last night,Steph sucked,what can i say?we got bigger problems than i thought.

So much for the, "best backcourt in the NBA". I had expressed my reservations about this pairing before. Now we are seeing the results. It is unfortunate that it has turned out like this. Some people were predicting playoffs this season, looks like Chicago will another lottery pick in the next draft instead.

Default marbury

I agree that the backcourt has been painfully disappointing, but let's not forget that Steph has had problems with his shoulder since Wally World knocked him out, and Francis is playing on a slightly bum ankle as of right now.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Seems like the Starbury haters may have been right. It appears that Isiah Thomas is loosing confidence in the backcourt. Curry said it was clear that Thomas was losing patience during the game against the Rockets. “I think we all can see he’s not playing around,” Curry said. Thomas was asked if Marbury and Francis would still be his starting backcourt, Thomas was slow to respond, saying, “Um, yeah.” In case you didn't see or hear, Thomas benched Marbury and Francis after only playing 65 seconds into the second half. Both players commited turnovers.

I like Marbury and Francis and I want them both to do well, but we must face the facts. Nether of them are playing well and they should NOT play together. This may be the first move of many to come from Thomas. I understand that we need energy off the bench but the starting line up of a team is typically made up of the best over-all players. I'm done talking the KG stuff. We needs a real PG cause so far it ant Marbury or Francis.

Thank God eveyone has finally agreed on Starbury and his detriment to NYC. Hope he can do better someplace else and save his career, I knonw hes a good guy off the court. Lets close the book on him, or get used to his Charlie Ward impression (which i could live with if not for the monster contract and Cablevision force-fed marketing of stephon). No hard feelings to Steph fans, just look at it this way..theres some players New Yorkers love to hate until there gone. Ask AROD

ur right a-rod and steph r both in the same boat. i seriously doubt steph will leave NY quietly. he will come out and play the style he's good @ real soon. b4 the end of this month starbury will return. enough with this 3pts 3 asts bullsh*t. we need the guy who averages 20 n 8. everyone thinks he's dead. i have a feelin he will be back soon.