Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

another possibility for the job is rick adelman. he might be looking for a job in ny, and we def. know he can handle pressure from big cities like sacto. or how bout give herb williams another shot?

i always liked herb williams and i had a gut feelin they wouldve been better off with herb coachin last year before the season began but instead it was larry brown and we all know how that went down

Now 8 Losses!! It's getting warm in here.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zeke's "Produce or get out approach". I never though he put Steph in the dog house, but wow. Kudos to Zeke It's about time he get over his affinity for the Knicks starting guards. Seems like he finally is admitting that they stink

Once marbury gets his swagger back he'll get more PT because this is no doubt his team. But until then I think Nate-Rob deserves some PT. JC needs to continue to come off the bench for his shoot first ask questions later mentality.

Ya,think your right about Nate and Crawford.Nate as well as Lee definitely deserve their chance.Not so sure about Steph,think IT did the best thing possible vs Houston by benching him early in the 3rd.Crazy as it sounds i feel a bit sorry for the guy.A lot of us are putting everything on Steph,and its obviously not all his fault.He shoots too much and we bitch,doesnt shoot and we still bitch about him.What does the guy need to do to make us happy?Cant really see things working out in the long term for him with the knicks,its a shame but what can ya do?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Once marbury gets his swagger back he'll get more PT because this is no doubt his team. But until then I think Nate-Rob deserves some PT. JC needs to continue to come off the bench for his shoot first ask questions later mentality.
    Marbury isn't even a NBA All Star anymore, when its his team, you know we're in a BAD position.

Marbury was one of my favorite players in the NBA, but the man is on the decline. Trading for Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Curry, Malik Rose, drafting Fyre, signing James, Jefferies have to be the worst moves off the head I've seen from a GM. Isiah needs to be executed.

Marbury has loss a lot of his athleticism. I remember his early years when he use to be able to dunk, especially that crazy alleyoop dunk he made when he was a Net.

Remember me, i told you after our last go around during the off-season that i was gonna come back here and say i told you so. I figured what better time the than the return of the towel on head and scowl on the face of our fearless "leader"

This team is a joke. Isiah will should have been fired last year but i love watching him squirm on the bench and during press conferences!!!!

i told you so!!!!

great job isiah. curry's great, steph and francis are tearing it up in the backcourt, we are playing great defense.... 4-8. stayed tuned i'll be back in a month to laugh at you again

Isiah finally did what I suggested many moons ago. When Crawford was a starter with Chicago he was forced to be more responsible with the basketball. If Isiah stands fast with his new policy of playing the best players regardless of salary, it will embarass vets into putting forth a better and consistent effort. Hopefully this culminates in wins sooner rather than later.

P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one.

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Isiah finally did what I suggested many moons ago. When Crawford was a starter with Chicago he was forced to be more responsible with the basketball. If Isiah stands fast with his new policy of playing the best players regardless of salary, it will embarass vets into putting forth a better and consistent effort. Hopefully this culminates in wins sooner rather than later.

P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one.
    I agree with you Dr. C, let's just hope that it works.

Yes, i am an very, very disgruntled knicks fan. I hate what isiah and layden before him have done to this once proud franchise. The quicker isiah is out of town or in court is the quicker the healing process can begin. If we can ever get a real basketball mind in here (donnie walsh and jerry west are available at the end of this year)

Just to play devil's advocate, what signifcant has either man (Walsh & West) done lately? Both the franchises they work for (Indiana and Memphis) are seemingly rebuilding every year as well. I think Isiah can be sucessful if he stays the present course. If we hadn't brought in Francis for Larry Brown, or brought Larry brown at all, we could have been better of this year. Most people in this forum said I was crazy not to want LB here. If you read all my posts concerning LB, everything I said would happen did (no crystal ball required). I still maintain that Isiah should hire Moses Malone as special consultant to Eddy Curry. Staying the course unfortunately means time will go by and success come at some point in the future.

Originally Posted by naterob4
    i think most of us here still do have hope for the season. knicks are at 3-6 and have played a tough schedule so far. i think u should be bitch slapped for being so ****ing dumb. knicksfan4real my ass
    Unlike some of you weak ass so called fans, I deal in reality rather than childish fantasies and dellusions of granduer...this team sucks and is soft. They are not going to make the playoffs once again and is a train wreck. No one is going to trade with this team no one wants these inflated understars. And the young crop of talent that is there its not enough to lift this team where it needs to be.

I think you should wake up and deal in reality, want to drink the kool aid of this team be my guest.

The KNICKS are now 4-9 officially as of this reply...

Playa, playa, playa...slow your mouth down cuz I think you talking stuff that doesn't even make sense. We are nine games into the season with a roster that still needs a couple of games under their belt to get the chemistry going. Besides...I base my optimisim on what I see...not the preseason. You don't only look at the preseason, and make assessments but you look on the rhythm and improvements in their game. Dag just chill out...you haven't told anyone anything yet so chill out calm your self down before you make a fool out of yourself.
    All due respect, thats how you see this team. This team has been in the ****ter for some time now, and Im talking about these huge inflated contracts we have. We are kicking out over 60million to players this season, that are not even playing...not counting LB's addl 18million. So when I say this team sucks, Ive drawn my line and Im standing there. You want to be so optimistic and hope for the best, good for you. Id rather not get my hopes anytime soon with this poorly run and mismanged team...Im not looking at the preseason...IM looking at 4-9. Hustle, does not equal wins. Either you W or L, aint no ties in basketball.

The KNICKS used to be a hard well put together team, now everyone is overpaid, undertalented, and screwed when it comes to coaching.

Can we honestly trade one of these overpriced players without having to get rid of one of the young guns, I dont think any other GM's in the league are as dumb as Isiah for putting this mess together.

Just to play devil's advocate, what signifcant has either man (Walsh & West) done lately? Both the franchises they work for (Indiana and Memphis) are seemingly rebuilding every year as well. I think Isiah can be sucessful if he stays the present course. If we hadn't brought in Francis for Larry Brown, or brought Larry brown at all, we could have been better of this year. Most people in this forum said I was crazy not to want LB here. If you read all my posts concerning LB, everything I said would happen did (no crystal ball required). I still maintain that Isiah should hire Moses Malone as special consultant to Eddy Curry. Staying the course unfortunately means time will go by and success come at some point in the future.
    Walsh & West are great GMs and I would also like to include Rod Thorn (Nets GM) into the mix. Memphis and Indiana have not been rebuilding but making it to playoffs every year, except for maybe Indiana but they would have if not for the Ron Artest debacle. These men have revitalized franchises. Sure, the Grizzlies are not doing so great but they are without Pau Gasol, their franchise player. But look at what they were before Jerry West arrived. They were perennial losers. The Grizzlies were competitive after only 2 years West was on the job. The same goes with Rod Thorn. Trading Marbury for Jason Kidd was probably one of the best trades of all times and then trading Eddie Griffin for Richard Jefferson and Jason Collins on draft night was brilliant. Jerry West also never allowed a rebuilding period (maybe a very short one) for the Lakers, when he was their GM and Walsh did the same for Indiana. Also, it's not true that the Knicks could have been better if it were not for the Steve Francis trade. We sucked mightily long before that.