Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

Veteran

i think we got to give thomas some time to get the team to jell.

after all starbury has only been a knick for what 3 years... ditto curry, and q-rich and stevie franchise have just arrived last year.. same for nate,lee and frye.. and we gotta give jerome some time to get into his comfort zone.

i am already seeing the beginnings of a turnaround.. and that's after only what 13 games 1/6th of the season.

a starting line-up of curry-frye-qrich-starbury-franchise

and a 2nd unit of james-lee-balkin-jc-nate

and that not even mentioning jefferies...

what other team can match up to the knicks??

Your right about Marbury being a knick for 3 years,but so far hes done next to nothing.Isiah is gonna try every trick in the book to accomodate him,but i dont think any of them will work.Why was it Francis who sat on the bench last night?I heard somewhere he asked to be benched,im not buyin that for a second.Isiahs plain favoritsm toward Steph,or belief in him,depending on your point of view,is gonna end up getting him fired.If he wanted to bench Francis,cool,Steve hasnt exactly set the place alight this season admittedly,but what did Marbury do prior to the Minnesota game to not also be benched?I understand that making drastic changes to the lineup isnt beneficial to team chemistry,but Nate,Q and Jamal have all been better than Steph & Steve this season.Whichever backcourt isiah goes with in the long term has to be made up of the most effective tandem from the last 3 guys mentioned.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Protect ur picks Isiah
    Remember me, i told you after our last go around during the off-season that i was gonna come back here and say i told you so. I figured what better time the than the return of the towel on head and scowl on the face of our fearless "leader"

This team is a joke. Isiah will should have been fired last year but i love watching him squirm on the bench and during press conferences!!!!

i told you so!!!!

great job isiah. curry's great, steph and francis are tearing it up in the backcourt, we are playing great defense.... 4-8. stayed tuned i'll be back in a month to laugh at you again
    LOL...thats the kind of Knick fan he is man, he's one of those loyal Isiah fans who get proved wrong, time after time in the future and live in denial.

dr.carpy, why protect can't be a Knick fan? Cause he accually has emotion for time, and wants the BEST for this time? Instead of sitting back and being a sucker to Isiah, letting all the bad transaction happending, and accepting them for what they are? Its not rocket science, this is a TERRIBLE roster, that needs SUBTRACTION.

We gave Isiah enough time, its all about Isiah to Knick fans these days? Whatever happend to my 90s Knick fans? ITS THE KNICKS TIME, not Isiah's playtime. We need to make moves in the front office and build a respectable franchise again

9 Losses...16 more to go til the agic number 25 (where he gets fired)

Jerry West is in the final year of his contract as Grizzlies president of basketball operations. If Dolan has half a brain, he better put his endless supply of money to good use and get that man to New York.

Default Jerry West next GM in New York?

While it would be great for the Knicks, you think Jerry West would come to a pressure cooker like the New York media market? NO WAY!

damn ya already counting on isiah gone, in these 13 games, u see more effort than u saw last season and the knicks are fighting, the knicks are doing well cuz u gotta remember the knicks have played tough teams and they went toe to toe wit them and the knicks just need to sharpen up their D...jefferies anyone??

Dollar bill, you're probably right, not to mention, the task to rebuild the Knicks is near impossible, at least in the near future. However, there's always the saying, everyone has a price. Plus, maybe Jerry West might do it for the challenge. Can you imagine the legacy he would leave for rebuilding the Knicks into a championship team? Obviously, West already has a legacy as a player and GM but why not add to it by choosing a team that almost everybody believes can't be done, rebuild the Knicks. I do see more effort but for what a couple games and for what...a quarter. I hope this team does do well because it would make life simpler because as mentioned several times in this forum, the players contracts are practically immovable but realistically, it's highly unlikely.

Veteran

IT better hope Jeffries is the second coming of Superman or at least Magic Johnson because this squad sucks. Other than Q, Lee, Nate, Frye and Balkman the Bozos on this team are a bunch of overpaid underachieving scrubs. Curry will never be the big man the Knicks need to be dominant. Starbury is on the downside of his NBA career. SF really doesn't want to be here. JC is too inconsistent. Best this team does is .500 ball this year, question is, is .500 good enough to save IT.

What sort of annoys me is the fact that a lot of fans would rather see the team fail, so Zeke gets fired. That's silly. If you're a fan, you stick with your team and show some loyalty. I hate Marbury, but I don't pray for him to do bad, just so I can post an "I told you so". With regards to Jerry West, so Mephis routinely makes the playoffs, but they always lose. Pau Gasol, in my opinion is not a superstar (superstars carry teams through adverse situations). Jerry West also has less draft vision than Isiah. Don't believe me, here's proof. Jerry west since he's been with the Grizzlies has made these moves of signifcance:

Drafted Drew Gooden (he dealt him on draft night for Mike Miller)
    Drafted Marcus Banks & Kendrick Perkins (traded for Dahntay Jones & Troy Bell)
    Traded Bonzi Wells for Wesley Person?
    Traded James Posey & Jason Williams for Eddie Jones
    Traded Shane Battier for Stromile Swift ( A player that Jerry West called mentally lazy and let go to Houston the year previous)

Not that impressive. Meanwhile Isiah has on drafted these guys:
    Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, and some guy named Tracy McGrady.

Isiah needs time to turn things around. Cliche as it sounds, Rome truly wasn't built in a day. The Knicks have salary cap issues, that only time can heal. 60 plus million come off the books at seasons end. I say ride the season out cheer for your team, and stop hoping for the worst for 16 people so that 1 gets fired. Metro please read my posts, then process what you're reading before insinuating what I've said. Protect seemingly relishes in Knicks failure so that Isiah gets fired. Fans should love the team (You don't have to like everyone) but you should like most, and Protect doesn't seem "in love" with the Knicks right now. Protect relishes in the failures more than the victories. Yes we've seen a lot with Layden. Did anyone think that that was going away quickly? If that's the case you're cheering for the wrong team. This will take time, but just think: If you've waited this long, what's another year?

i agre wit u a 95%, i dont know about a another year cuz if isiah gets fired this year then this team will be a dreadfull team for the next couple of years, my beef is that alot of so called knick fans are giving up on isiah thomas after just playing 14 games, ya must not see wat im seeing , this team is actually trying to win for isiah, u cant say the same thing for brown, just give it a lil bit more time for marbury and francis to do wat they do best
    Last edited by rady; Nov 25, 2006 at 10:40.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm glad a couple of knick fans are thinking reasonably and not on a whim. I agree 100% Dr. C. I remember our little disagreement with marbury but we both have the same goal in common and that's for isiah to keep fire in this young team. As in what Datruth said, Yea most people don't realize that if isiah gets fired then the next coach is only going to do worse. Isiah is the mastermind behind this roster and is the motivation for his players right now. You take that away then the youngbloods will realize the rotation will change, style will change, and most of all...somebody is going to the bench...and going to the bench hard.

I wish people in this forum would stop accusing other posters who disagree with them as not Knicks' fans. Maybe you guys are right...this team just needs time to gel but the majority of the Knicks fans and I, myself included, disagree. I do not root for this team to lose. Instead, everytime I watch a Knicks game, I'm always rooting for them to win and everytime they lose, it ruins my day and there's just been too much of that. You know what...I actually would not mind if the Knicks lose if they played hard every minute of the game (and I stress every minute) and there is a future. The Knicks do not have either. We did not choose the players or the GMs running the team...it was the brain dead owner, Jim Dolan. It's been about 3 years of disappointment under Isiah and about 30+ years since the Knicks have won a championship. The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. How long will it take before you guys realize that Isiah has no clue on how to run a team? It seems every year, there is a new excuse. Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens, its the coach, we shouldn't have traded Keith Van Horn... You know what guys...it was Isiah Thomas who made those decisions. No NBA analyst would be crazy enough to agree with things some of you have posted. Yes, Isiah is a great drafter...there's no disputing that but it takes more than that to be a good GM. It's also about watching the salary cap and making the right signs & trades and knowing what players would work well together. This team was badly formed. Jerry West may not have the same drafting resume as Isiah, but he certainly outshines him in every other department. You guys could bite my head off for this post and call me a traitor to the Knicks like Greg Anthony was but any sane person knows the truth.

12th man

Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    What sort of annoys me is the fact that a lot of fans would rather see the team fail, so Zeke gets fired. That's silly. If you're a fan, you stick with your team and show some loyalty. I hate Marbury, but I don't pray for him to do bad, just so I can post an "I told you so". With regards to Jerry West, so Mephis routinely makes the playoffs, but they always lose. Pau Gasol, in my opinion is not a superstar (superstars carry teams through adverse situations). Jerry West also has less draft vision than Isiah. Don't believe me, here's proof. Jerry west since he's been with the Grizzlies has made these moves of signifcance:

Drafted Drew Gooden (he dealt him on draft night for Mike Miller)
    Drafted Marcus Banks & Kendrick Perkins (traded for Dahntay Jones & Troy Bell)
    Traded Bonzi Wells for Wesley Person?
    Traded James Posey & Jason Williams for Eddie Jones
    Traded Shane Battier for Stromile Swift ( A player that Jerry West called mentally lazy and let go to Houston the year previous)

Not that impressive. Meanwhile Isiah has on drafted these guys:
    Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, and some guy named Tracy McGrady.

Isiah needs time to turn things around. Cliche as it sounds, Rome truly wasn't built in a day. The Knicks have salary cap issues, that only time can heal. 60 plus million come off the books at seasons end. I say ride the season out cheer for your team, and stop hoping for the worst for 16 people so that 1 gets fired. Metro please read my posts, then process what you're reading before insinuating what I've said. Protect seemingly relishes in Knicks failure so that Isiah gets fired. Fans should love the team (You don't have to like everyone) but you should like most, and Protect doesn't seem "in love" with the Knicks right now. Protect relishes in the failures more than the victories. Yes we've seen a lot with Layden. Did anyone think that that was going away quickly? If that's the case you're cheering for the wrong team. This will take time, but just think: If you've waited this long, what's another year?
    Look, it simple.

I've heard people say what you said thousands of times, stop repeating things that aren't new.

No one wants to see the Knicks lose.

The reason why we don't want these crappy players (Curry, Francis, Marbury etc) on this team cause THOSE players help us lose and make us MORE distant from being a winning foundation.

If you want to keep players like those, THEN you want to see the Knicks lose, year after year. This is why you say "What's another year" Obviously, you can care less if Knicks win or not. You're going to stay "loyal" to poor quality non all star basketball players who can't defend or share the basketball. I just found it extremely hilarious that you doubted someone to be a Knick fan, when you want to keep a losing Knicks team, rather than a winning Knicks organization.

I honestly would rather make the playoffs than be one of the worst teams in the NBA, with the Highest Payroll in the NBA. How dare you compare the worst GM in the NBA, Isiah Thomas to one of the best in the league, Jerry West. Rudy Gay is an excellent rookie. West has a good team with him that will always COMPETE because West knows the right players for his teams. West acquires non selfish players who can defend the basketball. This is what Isiah has failed to do consistantly.

PEOPLE, stop saying "This team needs time to gel" You can't gel with Francis who dribbles too much, that kills ball movement in the offense. You can't gel with a cry baby like Marbury who's passive for 5 games, and cries to the media saying he wants to be agressive and "Starbury". Sorry Stephon, you haven't been an all star in YEARS, and you will never be an all star again. You can't gel with a clumsy Big man in Eddy Curry who's one dementional offensively, and is HORRID at all other aspects of basketball you can name. We need to DROP those 3 players, then we'll have a chance to gel. The other players on this team seem to understand their role. While the 3 guys I just listed just do NOT fit.

Its COMMON SENSE and simple logic.

KnicksFan112, GREAT POST. We are KNICK FANS who want the best FOR our team, we do NOT want to be stuck as a losing franchise like these other so called Knick fans who would rather defend Isiah Thomas than their "favorite" team in the NBA.

12th man

Originally Posted by datruth
    i agre wit u a 95%, i dont know about a another year cuz if isiah gets fired this year then this team will be a dreadfull team for the next couple of years, my beef is that alot of so called knick fans are giving up on isiah thomas after just playing 14 games, ya must not see wat im seeing , this team is actually trying to win for isiah, u cant say the same thing for brown, just give it a lil bit more time for marbury and francis to do wat they do best
    HOW DO YOU KNOW? YOU CAN'T PREDICT THE FUTURE. Your post has no valid facts.

Next time, post with reason and logic. I can pull anything out of the hat and predict the future.