The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

Starks

Starter
the bad part about being on the hot seat is that no one cares about "moral victories", Zeke. To starving fans, 2-6 is just the start of another putrid record.

Lets take bets on how many more Losses the Knicks need to get Isiah fired, and very possibly black listed in the NBA for the rest of his career. I really think other teams would rather touch "Strawburry" before they gave Thomas the keys to a franchise after this debacle.

I say, 23 more losses, and this fool is done. (Or 15 games under .500)

Don't expect any trades. Thomas doesn't have any room to worry about tweaking the roster. And no team would be interested in Steve or Steph after the way they have been playing anyway, esp with those mega franchise killing contracts. We're stuck with this trash for another season.

But who should be our new coach?? I have 3 choices:

1. Stan Van Gundy - he's got that us against them thing going on
2. Chuck Daily - don't laugh, Look at Jim Leyland and the Tigers
3. Rick Pittino - Another round for him maybe??

4. Rudy T -???????

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Id love to see a Knicks legend,somebody like Ewing or Starks get a shot at it.Im Voting for my all time favorite,John Starks to get a shot.He comes in trades Marbury,they retire #3 for the new coach and the knicks go crazy.Very unrealistic i know,but who cares.That or Rudy T would be cool.

Starks

Starter
Starks used to be a college basketball coach after he retired. I luv him more than anyone, but i don't think he be an NBA level coach. He'd be too tempted to run out on the court himself half the time lol. What about CLYDE??? I', gona buy his book today after work

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Funny you should mention books,im actually reading Starks one at the moment.I thought i loved this guy before,But reading what he came from,its unbelievable how he turned out.The guys an absolute legend.Have you read it? Clydes not a bad call.I just think taking things in a totally different direction might not be a bad thing.Give the fans and players a coach with some old school Knick values,anythings better than the way things are at the moment,cant get any worse.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's still early. If these guys go on a ten game winning streak all of this will be forgotten.

donchris

By the way. John Starks sucks ass!!!!!!
Remember the Houston/Knicks final. Mr I can't shoot because I trip over my feet and turn over the ball.

seth

Rookie

I think that when the Knicks get a new coach, it's gonna have to be guy just starting out. Guys with reputations or egos (Wilkens, Brown) cause too much commotion in NY. I like the idea of someone like Ewing, or Herb Williams taking over the reins.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
More important than a coach is the GM. He's probably the most important individual in a basketball organization. Who should replace Isiah? My favorites are Rod Thorn (Nets) and Jerry West (Grizzlies). Dolan should pay them as much as possible to get them to New York.

I think that the blame for all of this should be put on CABLEVISION. They dont know how to run an operation. Ever since they took over they have drove the knicks straight down. They always manage to find the wrong people. I dont think its Larry Browns fault or Isiah or Wilkens or even Layden. Its the guys who are hiring these people. They are the ones writing the checks. If you are paying for something wouldnt you want to know what you are geting. Apparently this isnt the case, take for example Jerome James. When he was a free agent Isiah went after him. Shouldnt camp cablevision have looked into the situation and say, were not signing this guy, he sucks. Theyre are so many examples- Vin Baker, Clarence Weatherspoon, Shandon Anderson, Howard Eisly, Jerome James. There is nothing apealling about these guys and yet they are running away with our money. As long as the Dolans and Cablevision is in charge were gonna be bad.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I totally agree. Dolan should receive all the blame for hiring the past horrible GMs. However, I'm hoping that he has a hands off approach where he gives the GM full power to make any signs and trades. So if we find the right GM, the healing process can finally begin. My favorite GM is Jerry West. He seems to have the ability to con other GMs into making lopsided trades or make killer signings (i.e. traded Kobe for Divac, Rudy Gay for Shane Battier, Pau Gasol for Shareef Abdur-Rahim, and stole Shaq from Orlando for nothing) . Plus, when he was the GM for the Lakers, they never really had a rebuilding process or if they did it was very short. And look how fast the Grizzlies became a contender after Jerry West became their GM. Like I said, the GM is probably the most important person in a basketball organization next to the owner.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
This team sucks as Ive said before the start of the season. What happend to all the faith, optimism so many of you were giving this team...got caught up in all that preseaon bullshit huh? Its okay I tried to tell yall...this team is a disaster and to think theyre going to make the playoffs you got to be joking. The Hawks are playing better basketball than we are right now. Reality has set in with this KNICKS team. Isiah and Dolan both need to be bitched slapped.

When the knicks get 26L in the column is probably when hell be fired...

naterob4

Benchwarmer
This team sucks as Ive said before the start of the season. What happend to all the faith, optimism so many of you were giving this team...got caught up in all that preseaon bullshit huh? Its okay I tried to tell yall...this team is a disaster and to think theyre going to make the playoffs you got to be joking. The Hawks are playing better basketball than we are right now. Reality has set in with this KNICKS team. Isiah and Dolan both need to be bitched slapped.

i think most of us here still do have hope for the season. knicks are at 3-6 and have played a tough schedule so far. i think u should be bitch slapped for being so fucking dumb. knicksfan4real my ass:flippa:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Playa, playa, playa...slow your mouth down cuz I think you talking stuff that doesn't even make sense. We are nine games into the season with a roster that still needs a couple of games under their belt to get the chemistry going. Besides...I base my optimisim on what I see...not the preseason. You don't only look at the preseason, and make assessments but you look on the rhythm and improvements in their game. Dag just chill out...you haven't told anyone anything yet so chill out calm your self down before you make a fool out of yourself.

donchris

i think most of us here still do have hope for the season. knicks are at 3-6 and have played a tough schedule so far. i think u should be bitch slapped for being so fucking dumb. knicksfan4real my ass:flippa:

I love this site.

I was listening to Pete Vescey the other day (Don't ask me why) but he made a good point. Vescey said that Dolian wants the Knicks to be more competitive and right now they aren't winning but they are competing. Every game for the most part has been close, even with the best teams in the east. LOL so we should be thankful for no blow out games. Vescey also seems to think that Isiah may not be leaving any time soon be cause of this competitive play of the Knicks.

I want to see Isiah and the Knicks succeed... But if they don't, I say bring back Lenny.

ny3nyk

Rotation player
another possibility for the job is rick adelman. he might be looking for a job in ny, and we def. know he can handle pressure from big cities like sacto. or how bout give herb williams another shot?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i always liked herb williams and i had a gut feelin they wouldve been better off with herb coachin last year before the season began but instead it was larry brown and we all know how that went down

Starks

Starter
Now 8 Losses!! It's getting warm in here.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zeke's "Produce or get out approach". I never though he put Steph in the dog house, but wow. Kudos to Zeke It's about time he get over his affinity for the Knicks starting guards. Seems like he finally is admitting that they stink

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Once marbury gets his swagger back he'll get more PT because this is no doubt his team. But until then I think Nate-Rob deserves some PT. JC needs to continue to come off the bench for his shoot first ask questions later mentality.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Ya,think your right about Nate and Crawford.Nate as well as Lee definitely deserve their chance.Not so sure about Steph,think IT did the best thing possible vs Houston by benching him early in the 3rd.Crazy as it sounds i feel a bit sorry for the guy.A lot of us are putting everything on Steph,and its obviously not all his fault.He shoots too much and we bitch,doesnt shoot and we still bitch about him.What does the guy need to do to make us happy?Cant really see things working out in the long term for him with the knicks,its a shame but what can ya do?