The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i agre wit u a 95%, i dont know about a another year cuz if isiah gets fired this year then this team will be a dreadfull team for the next couple of years, my beef is that alot of so called knick fans are giving up on isiah thomas after just playing 14 games, ya must not see wat im seeing , this team is actually trying to win for isiah, u cant say the same thing for brown, just give it a lil bit more time for marbury and francis to do wat they do best

Last edited by a moderator:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
This is what I'm talking about. I'm glad a couple of knick fans are thinking reasonably and not on a whim. I agree 100% Dr. C. I remember our little disagreement with marbury but we both have the same goal in common and that's for isiah to keep fire in this young team. As in what Datruth said, Yea most people don't realize that if isiah gets fired then the next coach is only going to do worse. Isiah is the mastermind behind this roster and is the motivation for his players right now. You take that away then the youngbloods will realize the rotation will change, style will change, and most of all...somebody is going to the bench...and going to the bench hard.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I wish people in this forum would stop accusing other posters who disagree with them as not Knicks' fans. Maybe you guys are right...this team just needs time to gel but the majority of the Knicks fans and I, myself included, disagree. I do not root for this team to lose. Instead, everytime I watch a Knicks game, I'm always rooting for them to win and everytime they lose, it ruins my day and there's just been too much of that. You know what...I actually would not mind if the Knicks lose if they played hard every minute of the game (and I stress every minute) and there is a future. The Knicks do not have either. We did not choose the players or the GMs running the team...it was the brain dead owner, Jim Dolan. It's been about 3 years of disappointment under Isiah and about 30+ years since the Knicks have won a championship. The Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. How long will it take before you guys realize that Isiah has no clue on how to run a team? It seems every year, there is a new excuse. Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkens, its the coach, we shouldn't have traded Keith Van Horn... You know what guys...it was Isiah Thomas who made those decisions. No NBA analyst would be crazy enough to agree with things some of you have posted. Yes, Isiah is a great drafter...there's no disputing that but it takes more than that to be a good GM. It's also about watching the salary cap and making the right signs & trades and knowing what players would work well together. This team was badly formed. Jerry West may not have the same drafting resume as Isiah, but he certainly outshines him in every other department. You guys could bite my head off for this post and call me a traitor to the Knicks like Greg Anthony was but any sane person knows the truth.

metrocard

Legend
What sort of annoys me is the fact that a lot of fans would rather see the team fail, so Zeke gets fired. That's silly. If you're a fan, you stick with your team and show some loyalty. I hate Marbury, but I don't pray for him to do bad, just so I can post an "I told you so". With regards to Jerry West, so Mephis routinely makes the playoffs, but they always lose. Pau Gasol, in my opinion is not a superstar (superstars carry teams through adverse situations). Jerry West also has less draft vision than Isiah. Don't believe me, here's proof. Jerry west since he's been with the Grizzlies has made these moves of signifcance:

Drafted Drew Gooden (he dealt him on draft night for Mike Miller)
Drafted Marcus Banks & Kendrick Perkins (traded for Dahntay Jones & Troy Bell)
Traded Bonzi Wells for Wesley Person?
Traded James Posey & Jason Williams for Eddie Jones
Traded Shane Battier for Stromile Swift ( A player that Jerry West called mentally lazy and let go to Houston the year previous)

Not that impressive. Meanwhile Isiah has on drafted these guys:
Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, and some guy named Tracy McGrady.

Isiah needs time to turn things around. Cliche as it sounds, Rome truly wasn't built in a day. The Knicks have salary cap issues, that only time can heal. 60 plus million come off the books at seasons end. I say ride the season out cheer for your team, and stop hoping for the worst for 16 people so that 1 gets fired. Metro please read my posts, then process what you're reading before insinuating what I've said. Protect seemingly relishes in Knicks failure so that Isiah gets fired. Fans should love the team (You don't have to like everyone) but you should like most, and Protect doesn't seem "in love" with the Knicks right now. Protect relishes in the failures more than the victories. Yes we've seen a lot with Layden. Did anyone think that that was going away quickly? If that's the case you're cheering for the wrong team. This will take time, but just think: If you've waited this long, what's another year?

Look, it simple.

I've heard people say what you said thousands of times, stop repeating things that aren't new.

No one wants to see the Knicks lose.

The reason why we don't want these crappy players (Curry, Francis, Marbury etc) on this team cause THOSE players help us lose and make us MORE distant from being a winning foundation.

If you want to keep players like those, THEN you want to see the Knicks lose, year after year. This is why you say "What's another year" Obviously, you can care less if Knicks win or not. You're going to stay "loyal" to poor quality non all star basketball players who can't defend or share the basketball. I just found it extremely hilarious that you doubted someone to be a Knick fan, when you want to keep a losing Knicks team, rather than a winning Knicks organization.

I honestly would rather make the playoffs than be one of the worst teams in the NBA, with the Highest Payroll in the NBA. How dare you compare the worst GM in the NBA, Isiah Thomas to one of the best in the league, Jerry West. Rudy Gay is an excellent rookie. West has a good team with him that will always COMPETE because West knows the right players for his teams. West acquires non selfish players who can defend the basketball. This is what Isiah has failed to do consistantly.

PEOPLE, stop saying "This team needs time to gel" You can't gel with Francis who dribbles too much, that kills ball movement in the offense. You can't gel with a cry baby like Marbury who's passive for 5 games, and cries to the media saying he wants to be agressive and "Starbury". Sorry Stephon, you haven't been an all star in YEARS, and you will never be an all star again. You can't gel with a clumsy Big man in Eddy Curry who's one dementional offensively, and is HORRID at all other aspects of basketball you can name. We need to DROP those 3 players, then we'll have a chance to gel. The other players on this team seem to understand their role. While the 3 guys I just listed just do NOT fit.

Its COMMON SENSE and simple logic.

KnicksFan112, GREAT POST. We are KNICK FANS who want the best FOR our team, we do NOT want to be stuck as a losing franchise like these other so called Knick fans who would rather defend Isiah Thomas than their "favorite" team in the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
i agre wit u a 95%, i dont know about a another year cuz if isiah gets fired this year then this team will be a dreadfull team for the next couple of years, my beef is that alot of so called knick fans are giving up on isiah thomas after just playing 14 games, ya must not see wat im seeing , this team is actually trying to win for isiah, u cant say the same thing for brown, just give it a lil bit more time for marbury and francis to do wat they do best

HOW DO YOU KNOW? YOU CAN'T PREDICT THE FUTURE. Your post has no valid facts.

Next time, post with reason and logic. I can pull anything out of the hat and predict the future.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
And did anyone make sense of what Dr. C said?? Obviously the "true knick fans" didn't because he said stay loyal...not defend isiah thomas. Staying loyal does not mean you have to defend IT. Some of ya'll misinterpreted it in the wrong way. Some of you have favorite knicks....I DON'T. I haven't had a favorite knick since patrick ewing left. My key thing is loyalty and I don't trash someone in my own house unless he deserves to be trashed. No one is disagreeing to the ones who think this is a horrible built roster. I agree....this roster has been terribly built. But that doesn't mean that this roster has no talent at all. Some of you are talking with your heads chopped off and are making no sense whatsoever because you are trying to defend your favorite player. KnicksFan112, you make some valid points because yes this team needs to gel and it's ok for you to disagree (finally someone disagrees with some class). But the fact is most knick fans don't want to wait through the fire. You could bring Phil Jackson or Red in here and we still wouldn't make the playoffs. Steve Francis is playing well of late, hopefully eddy picks it up...Q-Rich has been in a funk of late and might be affected by the return of Jeffries. The same with marbury. We need him to rise over everything else and be the player of old because his demise could end real soon if we see otherwise. And before you judge someone on logic....look at your own posts...

metrocard

Legend
You can't either.....so what's your logic?

I'm NOT PREDICTING the FUTURE. My logic is simple and reasonable, I'm not predicting the future or stating things without INFORMATION, FACTS, or REASON, like you do.

I've made so many points against you before, that you felt stump and couldn't back up anything you was saying logically, you had to "ignore" me. I'm glad that you couldn't last too long without giving me attention.

Look at my logic? LETS TRY TO FIND SOME LOGIC IN YOUR POSTS

"You could bring Phil Jackson or Red in here and we still wouldn't make the playoffs."

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Does Phil Jackson accually become Coach of the Knicks in 07 and fails to make the playoffs? Did you predict the future again?

"his demise could end real soon if we see otherwise"

Does that even make sense?

"Yea most people don't realize that if isiah gets fired then the next coach is only going to do worse."

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Do you have the future planned out? You have ZERO FACTS when you post. Stop trolling the forum with non reasonable post we can't understand. NONE OF US CAN SEE INTO THE FUTURE. Therefor post something that would be useful. You're wasting debating space if you're not going to add anything useful I can learn from. I'm not learning anything from you except some silly predictions in the future that are irrevelant in this thread.

Steve Francis is NOT the answer it our point guard position. We need a defensive minded or a pass first PG.

Crawford, Robinson are instant offense off the bench. They shouldn't start.

Richardson should start at the 2. He's our best offensive perimeter weapon, he can also post up smaller 2's. His defense is very good, plus he can give you rebounds and leadership.

Balkman and LEE should start if Curry is going to start. Curry gives no effort at anything, he's only a one dementional post scorer. We need Balkman and Lee on the court when Curry is there for the DIRTY WORK and the HUSTLE that Curry will not provide.

Please get rid of Marbury and Francis, let our young players develop and find a pg like Watson, Arroyo, or someone who can share the ball. We don't need a superstar PG. We just need a player who would know his role and rotate ball movement.

Isiah has FAILED terribly as a GM, theres no denying this. He's the worst GM in the NBA.

You don't want the best for the Knicks if you still want guys like Marbury, Francis, and Curry on this team. Crawford, Fyre are tradable pieces too. Keep everyone else. I just named 3-5 guys who should be shipped. I still want mostly everyone on this team(besides Rose and James who are so untradable its not funny)

Starks

Starter
10 Losses, 15 more to go before the Knicks throw up the white flag and mail in the rest of the season.

RIP Thomas' ERA Knicks. I thinks its about time we started thinking about who are new Coach should be after Thomas.

Yea, I admit I've seen some fight by these guys, but as loyal knick fans, we all need to realize that we deserve better than a team that is about 20 wins away from even being considered mediocre. I'm sick of coming home from work to these sad box scores..but then hearing from optimists "Hey they played a lil better this time, soon they'll get it going in time." I got sick of that mantra during the Chaney years.

Q-Rich, Lee, Crawford, Nate, Balkman, Frye and maybe Collins are all I want to see salvaged into whatever team gets put out on the court next year. Everyone else can take their game somewhere else.

Whos with me on my "Greg Anthony" for coach movement??????

He'll cost less than Stan Van Gundy, and plus the beef Thomas has with Anthony all makes it worth while!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
So let's get some things straight here....you think that Q-Rich is our best player? What happened to him the last 5 games? Again you're going to go for your favorite player which is understandable but not logical. Get off his nuts. WE HAVE DON'T HAVE A BEST PLAYER. We have guys that play good one night and decent the next because we have too many go-to-guys for one roster. So there's no logic in my answers huh....well let me break it down for you since you have no comprehension...

"You could bring Phil Jackson or Red in here and we still wouldn't make the playoffs."

Well since we brought in the "Hall of fame coach" Larry Brown...he just brought 23 wins for us. But then again to your logic I'm predicting the future...it's called telling you how bad this roster is. But since you know everything we'll just keep it at that.

"his demise could end real soon if we see otherwise"

My bad I misplaced a word....I'm glad you proofread all my stuff on here lol.

"We need him (as in stephon xavier marbury) to rise over everything else and be the player of old because his demise could be real soon if we see otherwise."

demise- The end of existence or activity; termination

I think that's all the information you need to LEARN from this post. Does it make sense now? Do I have all the facts you need? By the way Frye is spelled F-r-y-e...not Fyre since we're learning grammar and spelling in this forum.

"Yea most people don't realize that if isiah gets fired then the next coach is only going to do worse."

ISIAH THOMAS IS THE MASTERMIND BEHIND THIS ROSTER AND EVEN HE CAN'T HAVE SUCCESS WITH IT SO FAR. It feels like I'm talking to a brick wall...do I have to break everything down to you? I know you're smarter than this but when you say stupid posts such as the one I'm replying to, it just becomes outrageous. I don't think anyone of us are here to be soothsayers or Mr. Cleo. They are called opinions and if you don't like the opinion then you have the right to disagree not to bring up a straight tirade on the person. Grow up and respect other people's opinion, not everyone will agree with you. You need to expect that. Comments such as "You don't want the best for the Knicks if you still want guys like Marbury, Francis, and Curry on this team. Crawford, Fyre are tradable pieces too. Keep everyone else." is your opinion and I disagree with it. I have the right to disagree but not to cuss you out and act like a 4-year old by destroying your opinion. I respect your opinion but when you start with the excessive junk you put in your posts then that's when it turns ugly. Be smart with the words you choose if you know what logic is...1

metrocard

Legend
Q-Rich is our best all around player. Even when he plays BAD, he doesn't hurt as all. He doesn't dribble the ball too much, he doesn't turn it over. He doesn't play bad defense. I rather have Q play a bad game than anyone else. He doesn't KILL us, do you understand? Q can't play like an all star every game cause he isn't an all star, he's going to have his slumps, and his slump isn't that serious.

The 1 and Only, why didn't you say no coach in the NBA can save this roster in the FIRST place? It seems like you're afraid to make your points. I agree with you to a certain extent. We need to get rid of Marbury, Francis and Curry, and this team is very coachable. Last year, Larry Brown had to coach the most pathetic roster in the NBA.

Stop predicting things and MAKE more points so I can UNDERSTAND you, you understand? When you say "IF" and "WILL" You're not hitting on any points which helps your agruements, it accually makes your agruments look extremely weak and non reasonable. You just made your first point in the forum, you're making progress and we've come to an agreement.

10 Losses, 15 more to go before the Knicks throw up the white flag and mail in the rest of the season.

RIP Thomas' ERA Knicks. I thinks its about time we started thinking about who are new Coach should be after Thomas.

Yea, I admit I've seen some fight by these guys, but as loyal knick fans, we all need to realize that we deserve better than a team that is about 20 wins away from even being considered mediocre. I'm sick of coming home from work to these sad box scores..but then hearing from optimists "Hey they played a lil better this time, soon they'll get it going in time." I got sick of that mantra during the Chaney years.

Q-Rich, Lee, Crawford, Nate, Balkman, Frye and maybe Collins are all I want to see salvaged into whatever team gets put out on the court next year. Everyone else can take their game somewhere else.

Whos with me on my "Greg Anthony" for coach movement??????

He'll cost less than Stan Van Gundy, and plus the beef Thomas has with Anthony all makes it worth while!

I agree, LOL....I just hate Anthony as much as Thomas...I just want to MOVE on from all the painful moves Isiah has made.

I just want to get rid of the following.

Dolan
Isiah
Marbury
Francis
Curry
Crawford
Fyre 1st rounder for Diaw OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

I'll be set.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I'm back to defend my previous statements, so here goes. I said what I did about the wanting to see the Knicks lose simply because some posters always predict failure. Statements usually start like "as long as Isiah in charge, were can't...finish that however you want. I not saying to wear rose colored glasses but really, negativity harbors negativity. Everyone's suggesting some to succeed Isiah. Again based on the cap problems, what do you suggest we do?? I reiterate, we have to wait. Plain and simple. If Phil Jackson had the same cap problems, he'd have essentially the same line up. I don't agree with every move Zeke makes. Is he the best GM? No, but no one in the league is. If you don't believe that, name one NBA team where every man on the roster gets minutes on any given night with consistency. I dare anybody. If you can find a team's boxscore that proves me wrong, then I will post an apology, and name that GM the official best GM in basketball. I guarantee no one will find this ever happening. Wanna know why? Financial restraints, fatigue, impatience, and availabilty all play a major role in a GM's life. You're only as good as your resources, and people right now we have none at our disposal. Face it people, we've a pair of deuces, and there's no bluffing. everyone in the league knows our cap situation. Sports is about ebbs and flows. We haven't won in awhile. So, neither has a lot of teams. All we ask our guys to do is play hard and learn from their errors. That ultimately pays off in the long run. The only team that matters is first place folks, numero uno, NBA champ folks, and you wanna know why? In sport, if your not first, you're ultimately still a loser. Number 2-30 who cares? Second is equally as irrelevant. That's it. Now before you respond, feel free to read this twice before posting any angry responses. Thanks!

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Oh! Metro! I'll answer the question you asked 1 and Only. Hope you like my responses.

Q1: You could bring Phil Jackson or Red in here and we still wouldn't make the playoffs."

HOW DO YOU KNOW? Does Phil Jackson accually become Coach of the Knicks in 07 and fails to make the playoffs? Did you predict the future again?

Save the money that comes off the Books, this years roster shapes up to be next years roster. You've already posted time and time agin this rosters sucks, so you do the math.

Q2:his demise could end real soon if we see otherwise

Does that even make sense? Yes to me it did. Call me crazy, but in one of your posts the more times I read it, I realized that time = team (Don't believe me? See your post #33 in this same topic). Sorta like this: m alwys rigt? Get that? Brains usually fill things in if you've seen it enough times. To touch on another thing, you know why people keep using cliches? They never stop being true, that's why. Do you think you're the most original poster here? You're not, because it's all been said and done before. See cliches are always useful and always true. See, now you can't say that I lied to you. You keep saying to get rid of players. So let's analyse that:

Boris Diaw (24) is older than Frye (22) and is playing awfully alongside the 2 time reigning MVP in Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, and Amare. With a proposal like that you have no business calling for Zeke's head.

Between Marbury, Francis, Curry, and Crawford we're still into those guys for over 128 mil over the next several years. So following the NBA trading guidelines, how do you suppose we do this? And if you need the rule for trades I have a link to the CBA and trade rules I'll happily send to you. I expect an answer, since you seemingly have all of them. I will patiently wait for some enlightenment.

Rudy Gay is a good rookie. He was originally chosen by Houston's GM though. As well, do you think Jerry traded for him cause he did a bad job in the previous draft? Hakim Warrick and Rudy Gay are essentially the same players. Why duplicate, when Mephis needs help at PG? (Good GM's never should make oversites!) cause Stoudemire is frequently hurt now. In closing, the Knicks are Team or Franchise. They are not a Foundation (an organization or institution established by endowment with provision for future maintenance). Again, I will stay tuned for answers!!!!

paris401

Starter
I just want to get rid of the following.

Dolan
Isiah
Marbury
Francis
Curry
Crawford
Fyre 1st rounder for Diaw OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

I'll be set.

dolan... owns the team, so doubt he is going anywhere
marbury... he is owed 20m next year, 21 in 08.. he is going no where
francis.see above comments on starbury(he makes a bit less).going no where
curry.. see above comments on starbury+francis.. he ain't leaving

now as to crawford and fyre, they have some trade value , but not sure now much and to whom.

i. thomas... your best chance for your wishes to come true

peace...

metrocard

Legend
If Phil Jackson had the same cap problems

BUT HE DOESN'T...lets stick to reality here. Stop with all the "what ifs" and "will" and "in the future". You're not defending your agruement like that.

To make it brief, dr.carpy does not care about the cap or the Knicks record.

Boris Diaw is a year older than Channing Fyre. Boris Diaw had a slump in the beginning of the year, but Channing Fyre shows no other game besides his jumpshot.

Channing Fyre is shooting 37% cause he relys on outside shots. He has no post up game. He doesn't defense, pass, play defense.

Boris Diaw plays multiple positions. Diaw is one of the best in the NBA at triple doubles. Diaw has GREAT offensive awareness and is a good defender (Once held Yao Ming to 8 points playing CENTER). Diaw has great shot selection and isn't one dementional like channing Fyre. Diaw is shooting 50% even playing in a slump.

You can't hold an agrument that Fyre is half of the player Boris Diaw is. Diaw plays 5 positions, he's an all around player who can rebound, pass, create shots for his teammates, post up his opponents and defend multiple positions. Diaw would be the perfect PF for this team, since we don't have any pass first PG's and we lack BALL MOVEMENT, ASSIST and we're turnover prone. Understand? Diaw brings more to the table than Fyre ever will.

Between Marbury, Francis, Curry, and Crawford we're still into those guys for over 128 mil over the next several years.

Thanks to Isiah. Thanks for proving my point (yet you failed to proved yours) that Isiah is the worst GM in the NBA. He has put the Knicks is so many dead end situations where half of the players on this roster are untradable and unwanted.

Have you seen Hakim Warrick this season? The man is averaging almost 15 and 6 in 30 minutes per game. How did he do bad in the previous draft? West is consider one of the best GM's in the NBA. Memphis is 3-10 because they lack their superstar player in Pau Gasol. They ADDRESS their PG issue with their future PG in Kyle Lowry is obviously isn't ready to excel to the level the Grizzlies want a starting PG to be, but atleast West is LOOKING in the right direction. Chucky Atkins and Damon Stoudamire are better than Marbury and Francis, by the NUMBERS and their veteran leadership. Stoudamire is a GREAT defender and Atkins doesn't dribble too much and can shoot the basketball. Grizzlies have established a foundation of no ball hogs on their team. They have a huge EXPIRING CONTRACT (Which Isiah always seems to trade for a bad contract and a player who ends up trading away or waiving) in Eddie Jones. I just find it funny you can't MENTION these obvious valid facts because it'll totally prove your agruement wrong just like now. Over the past 3 years Grizzlies are a 45-50 win TEAM. I'm not ASKING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR. I love my Knicks team, unlike you who wants to keep loser players and wants to keep a loser team with a loser GM. I want a playoff team that I can get to love, not everyone will win the Championship OBVIOUSLY. The playoffs exist so people can get to the championship, it isn't given. So it isn't IRREVELANT like you said. Every game matters, and I want the best available team the Knicks can get, I said TEAM, not players. All Isiah has done is build this team with ball hog, one dementional non defensive garbage players who were traded from their ex team cause they were UNWANTED and Isiah was dumb enough to take their contracts and make the cap situation as worse as you can imagine. Before we traded for Marbury we had a chance to get under the cap, and be able to sign free agents like Nash, Joe Johnson, Micheal Redd, Ben Wallace etc and etc. Who said I was original? You denied Protect ur picks Isiah as a Knick because he wanted the best for him, unlike you who wanted to be a sucka and sit on the chair while Dolan/Isiah tear up this organization. Sorry KID, you're going to get embarassed if you deny any Knick fan in here their indentity thinking you're a better fan. Don't ever say "P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one." Especially when you can't even defend your agruements or look like an intelligent Knick fan. I'm embarassed to know that you're a fan of the same team as mines. Protect your picks is a KNICK fan, and so I am. I love this team. While everything to you is "irrevelant" Thats is the only point you made in your post. Have a good time trying to reply to all the punchlines I've made in this post.

The reason why you're asking for answers is cause I'm hitting on my points over and over, and you continue to ask questions and repeat what IFS, and WILL and in the future. You could go on 100 post without making proving your point as reasonable, you're accually helping my agrument more and more just like you did before. Thanks!

dolan... owns the team, so doubt he is going anywhere
marbury... he is owed 20m next year, 21 in 08.. he is going no where
francis.see above comments on starbury(he makes a bit less).going no where
curry.. see above comments on starbury+francis.. he ain't leaving

now as to crawford and fyre, they have some trade value , but not sure now much and to whom.

i. thomas... your best chance for your wishes to come true

peace...

I understand that completely!, I was just saying what I'm hoping for, the right DIRECTION. Get rid of the cancer players, get rid of the bad business men = winning organization. The day Isiah gets fired and Dolan resigns, I'll go out and vote for the first time.

Go Knicks.

paris401

Starter
new york is tough... new yorkers wanta championship caliber team every year... ofcourse we understand you can't win it all every year (would'nt that be nice), but we want a 'competitive team' and for the last couple/few years we have not had one.

the elternative is a lousy loveable team like the 62 mets who lose 120games ...

Reality Bites

Is reality finally beginning to set in here on this site?? Is everyone finally willing to acknowledge that Isiah Thomas and $tarbury SUCK BIG DONKEY DICK?? And all the while, up until now that is, everyone was more than happy blaming that mean old man Larry Brown for giving Mr. Primadona, Stephon Shitbury for being the second rate slacker that he is. Marbury sucks even worse than Isiah Thomas, both of whom I'm sure are still more than willing to blame Larry Brown for the state of the Knick’s woes.

Pardon us if we feel like losers

new york is tough... new yorkers wanta championship caliber team every year... ofcourse we understand you can't win it all every year (would'nt that be nice), but we want a 'competitive team' and for the last couple/few years we have not had one.

the elternative is a lousy loveable team like the 62 mets who lose 120games ...

So I guess you're saying we should just be patient and wait another 20+ years??!! How unreasonable to expect a team with the most overpaid salary in the NBA actually make it into the playoffs. Get a grip. It figures you'd be a Met fan lol.

paris401

Starter
So I guess you're saying we should just be patient and wait another 20+ years??!! How unreasonable to expect a team with the most overpaid salary in the NBA actually make it into the playoffs. Get a grip. It figures you'd be a Met fan lol.

i re-read my previous post and did not see anything refering to waiting 20years (maybe u can point out where i said it)

i said we want a 'competitive' team and have not had one.

now if we can't be competitive, new yorkers will go 180degress and luv a bumbling/inept team... like the 1962 mets

do i have a grip yet???

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I thought I asked you to read my post twice. Well for you that obviously isn't enough. Metrocard, I'm addressing you for the final time. Not because I'm afraid of what you'll say in return, but simply because I find your insipid posts nauseating. Here goes:

The study of this retort is to evidence (provide proof in laymen's terms) that all your answers are silly. Here goes.

You can't hold an agrument that Fyre is half of the player Boris Diaw is.

Sure I can. Here are their numbers side by side. This is so simple, you should even be able to get this without help.

Boris Diaw
G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
12 10 29.9 .505 .250 .652 1.3 3.6 4.8 3.9 0.4 0.7 2.50 2.80 9.0

Channing Frye
G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
15 15 22.9 .379 .000 .875 1.5 4.0 5.5 0.4 0.5 0.7 1.13 2.90 7.6

So the numbers don't lie. Frye gets 7 less minutes a game. This proves he's more productive. Even in Career stats, Frye is still ahead. Don't believe it? Go to NBA.com.

You can't hold an agrument that Fyre is half of the player Boris Diaw is.

I guess I just did.

Understand? Diaw brings more to the table than Fyre ever will.

lets stick to reality here. Stop with all the "what ifs" and "will" and "in the future". You're not defending your agruement like that.

By the way, that is a quote from your post to me.

Thanks for proving my point (yet you failed to proved yours) that Isiah is the worst GM in the NBA.

I guess I didn't fail. He's tied with all the others that don't become NBA champion. That's why it's win or go home. Second place is really the first place loser.

Have you seen Hakim Warrick this season? The man is averaging almost 15 and 6 in 30 minutes per game.

Yeah. Everyone else got the memo except you. Pau Gasol's hurt. That's why Warrick is getting minutes and touches. Memphis runs plays for Warrick. He's their second option on offence, where Frye isn't ours.

They ADDRESS their PG issue with their future PG in Kyle Lowry is obviously isn't ready to excel to the level the Grizzlies want a starting PG to be, but atleast West is LOOKING in the right direction.

First of all, it's addressed. It's a form of past-tense. Didn't Isiah address our need for a PG with Mardy Collins? He's bigger, a better defender, a considered by most scouts to be more "NBA ready". Or do good moves only happen in Memphis by your reasoning?

Stoudamire is a GREAT defender

Not according to 82games.com he isn't. The site hosts raw stats and doesn't play favorites. When Stoudemire is on the floor defending, Mephis is a -8.2. That's lower than Marbury, who is a -6.0. So Steph is the better defender statistically. Francis who you say can't defend, actually can. He's a +5.4. 13 points better than Stoudemire and +1.2 than Atkins (+4.2).

All Isiah has done is build this team with ball hog, one dementional non defensive garbage players who were traded from their ex team cause they were UNWANTED and Isiah was dumb enough to take their contracts

Chucky Atkins has played for 6 teams. By your standards, that would make Jerry West pretty dumb.

Over the past 3 years Grizzlies are a 45-50 win TEAM. I'm not ASKING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP EVERY YEAR. I love my Knicks team, unlike you who wants to keep loser players and wants to keep a loser team with a loser GM. I want a playoff team that I can get to love, not everyone will win the Championship OBVIOUSLY. The playoffs exist so people can get to the championship, it isn't given. So it isn't IRREVELANT like you said.

I didn't say playoffs were irrelevent. Copy and paste where I said that, I dare you. That's you putting words in my mouth plain and simple.

Before we traded for Marbury we had a chance to get under the cap, and be able to sign free agents like Nash, Joe Johnson, Micheal Redd, Ben Wallace etc and etc.

lets stick to reality here. Stop with all the "what ifs" and "will" and "in the future". You're not defending your agruement like that. Sounds like a definite what if. How do you know that for sure?

Again a quote from your own post.

Who said I was original?

Definetly not me.

You denied Protect ur picks Isiah as a Knick because he wanted the best

I asked a question. I didn't say Protect couldn't be a Knicks fan. Read on, you're the only person who didn't get what I was asking. I've also been posting about the cap long before you joined. I supplied numbers, when salaries expired, all of it. So who are you to state:

You don't know me, or how I think...so feel free to keep quiet as to my thoughts. You're not in my head. I guess it's only okay when you chastise forum members.

Sorry KID, you're going to get embarassed if you deny any Knick fan in here their indentity thinking you're a better fan.

That's what you do. You think you're a better fan than everyone else here. And that's just not the case. Oh by the way, you don't have to speak ebonics to me. I speak english, it's my first and preferred language. Save that street shit for someone else. Here's some other helpful hints:

sucka is spelled sucker. I'm not a kid. I'm a full grown adult. You spoke of attending an institute for higher learning. Act like you enrolled, and speak english like a grown up.

Don't ever say "P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one."

Dad is that you? Who are you to tell me what to do? I have a father, thanks..we hang out on weekends, and he's my best friend. He doesn't ever tell me what to do. You are either Communist or Fascist. You live in the land of the free. Where the first amendment allows for freedom of speech. So please calm down Knick Knazi (i knowhow to spell Nazi. That was a play on words that I'm sure you won't understand. I will continue to ask questions when, how and if I want. I have not or ever wanted or needed your permission.

Especially when you can't even defend your agruements or look like an intelligent Knick fan.

That's a synopsis of your 25 measely posts.

I'm embarassed to know that you're a fan of the same team as mines.

How many of you are there? Mines, is a plural. I learned that in kindergarten. If your embarrassed cheering for the Knicks alongside me, feel free to cheer for someone else. I love the Knicks, and I'm staying.

While everything to you is "irrevelant" Thats is the only point you made in your post. Have a good time trying to reply to all the punchlines I've made in this post.

The thing irrelevant to me is simply you. And that you're the ultimate punchline. By the way I'm not a nihilist. I totally care about my wife and family.

The reason why you're asking for answers is cause I'm hitting on my points over and over

I asked for answer, cause I wanted to display your grand knowledge. True to form you came up empty. No one else gets what you're trying to say or do here. You're seemingly on an island by yourself.

and you continue to ask questions and repeat what IFS, and WILL and in the future. You could go on 100 post without making proving your point as reasonable, you're accually helping my agrument more and more just like you did before. Thanks!

Trust me, no more questions. You've shown a lack of knowlegde as shown by this rebuttal. I'll will only respond to other forum members, who know something. That list to does not include you. By the way what is a "hundred post"? Just curious? AHHH!! Good thing I can process what I read to figure out you meant a hundred posts...like one hundred writings into the future. So thank you for making my arguments...in your own words.

I erally don't want a response from you, cause I don't care what you have to say to be quite honest. Now your going to try to come back with something clever. You'll probably copy the format I chose to write this post in, but truly, save the energy, cause I plan to ignore you.

Protect also wrote this in response to me:

Yes, i am an very, very disgruntled knicks fan. I hate what isiah and layden before him have done to this once proud franchise. The quicker isiah is out of town or in court is the quicker the healing process can begin.

I understood what I read. Protect and I don't need you to communicate. we can do that on our own. Thanks.