Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I understand where you all are coming from...because losing obviously is never in the plans. But it's part of a rebuilding process. No one wants to lose but to get better and to develop your young talent...it's part of the journey. With LB nothing was accomplished, the little development that our rookies did receive was self-motivated. When the rookies played well it seemed as if Brown tested there will by putting them on the bench. Curry didn't develop at all. David Lee barely played...I'm proud of him this year, he's proving why he should have played last year regardless if he was a rookie. This is the problem with the common knick fan including myself we never want to see our team struggle or stink up the place but isiah is doing something that GMs were scared to do in the past...he is rebuilding. With talents such at Nate-Rob, Frye, Curry, Lee, and Jeffries we can build a decent team and then sign a big free agent in a couple of years. But if we fire Isiah what will we accomplish? The only coach I'm for if Isiah gets fired is Herb....if it's not Herb than it will hurt us even more. If we bring an outside coach he's going to play an entirely different game than what Isiah did and it will set us that much further back onto the journey of success. All we are seeing are the L's. Last year we saw L's without progress. This year we are seeing L's with progress. The problem is that this year should have been last year and we should actually be winning this year. But instead LB set us back and now we're stuck in the mud...
    You make a point there. But we can't forget Isiah/Dolan brought brown here. Brown was part of Isiah's plan, once again Isiah's plan back fired on himself.

If Isiah goes, many Knick fans will feel relieved of the stress. We will feel better around the trade deadline knowing no idiotic trades will be passed threw. Its an improvement for the Knick franchise. I wouldn't mind keeping Isiah as a college scout for the team though

Veteran

i agree that brown sux's last year... seemed like he was throwing the year for what purpose (get I.T. fired.. or himself with 40m in his pocket) i don't know.

but we sux this year too.. same record as last year... yesss i see some improvement, but it has not translated into " W's ".. and thats the bottom line.

12th man

Originally Posted by paris401
    i agree that brown sux's last year... seemed like he was throwing the year for what purpose (get I.T. fired.. or himself with 40m in his pocket) i don't know.

but we sux this year too.. same record as last year... yesss i see some improvement, but it has not translated into " W's ".. and thats the bottom line.
    Agreed, we might as well win, we won't be under the salary under 2008 and thats Isiah's fault. I expect winning, we're not in rebuild mode, so losing is unacceptable. Who has ever heard of tanking the season when the team is over the salary cap for over 2 years with no lottery picks?

Come on now....we aren't in rebuilding mode? I agreed with everything you said until that. We traded away most of our high priced vets to play our rooks and sophs. Besides that most the guys that play are 25 and younger with the exception of marbury, q-rich, and francis. We have one of the youngest teams in the league so we must let the young talent develop. Isiah is the best coach that can coach this team...he put it together, the players are behind him and they are improving. The problem is that fans want to win now without a rebuild period and that's what got us into this cap mess in which layden started us into. We started out with talented draft picks, got a center to build around....now we just need time to mesh...that's not going to happen in one season folks....

12th man

Come on now....we aren't in rebuilding mode? I agreed with everything you said until that. We traded away most of our high priced vets to play our rooks and sophs. Besides that most the guys that play are 25 and younger with the exception of marbury, q-rich, and francis. We have one of the youngest teams in the league so we must let the young talent develop. Isiah is the best coach that can coach this team...he put it together, the players are behind him and they are improving. The problem is that fans want to win now without a rebuild period and that's what got us into this cap mess in which layden started us into. We started out with talented draft picks, got a center to build around....now we just need time to mesh...that's not going to happen in one season folks....
    To is this everyone, stop with this "One of the youngest teams in the NBA" bull. Just because under Layden we were the oldest, shortest team and now we have three sophmores and two rookies on our team doesn't equal wins. Every TEAM in the god damn NBA has youngsters, its nothing special. What matters is if those youngsters could contribute in the future for the W's.

Isiah seems to flip flop too much to be rebuilding mode. No one knows what direction he's heading to. Isiah has no plan. Why should we lose now? We won't be under the cap until 2008. Losing now would be a WASTE of the season. Are you telling me Isiah is going to tank 5 seasons and wait in 2008 to fix everything again? Whats so special in 2008? Honestly, I've been patient for 3 years already, enough of this ****. Isiah's antics needs to go. We're the only team in the NBA who wants to build around Eddy Curry. Theres a reason why Chicago let him go. He can't lead a winning team, and he won't. He's very talented, but he's not that type of player if you want a winning basketball team. Same with Jamal Crawford, Marbury, Francis, Fyre, Robinson, Jerome James, Jefferies. You don't think of these players when you think of winning basketball.

We need time to mesh? Isiah is making trades every season. If he hadn't made any trades, and he just went with drafting young players, we would be a much better team than now, wouldn't you agree? Stop defending him, he has made the situation WORSE and WORSE every year. Theres no denying that. If Isiah kept what he had before, let contracts expire and made his draft picks we would of been under the cap in 2006. Our future would look much brighter. I would praise Isiah everyday for being a smart GM and not a bozo, and the clown of the NBA.

Do you honestly believe Isiah Thomas, is the best coach alive for the New York Knicks? I can't even acknowledge that.

Well I agree with some of the things you just said but there are some major errors in your logic. You are right every team has youngsters on there team but we have Frye, Nate-Rob, and Lee who are all in the roation and are sophs in the league. We have Balkman playing a role now and he's a rookie. So what decent team in the league has a rotation that plays 4 of there draft picks from the past two years? I can't think of one maybe you can.

And I never said tanking the season was an option. Don't you think if he tanked the season that he would get fired? I don't think that's an option for him.

And we aren't building only around Eddy we're also building around Frye, Nate Rob and Lee. Some would put JC in the equation. That's a talented group in my opinion. In the past Eddy has never NEVER played at this level. How many times was Eddy doubled team night in and night out? Never. So it would be smart to build around him now since it looks like his attitude and swagger and physical condition has turned around. Remember Curry is no pushover the man dominated the best defensive center in the league. His defense is a different story but he's made that fact known and hopefully he will improve it.

You are absolutely right if we would have never made a trade and let all the contracts expire then yes we would be in a better situation. But again this is NY. I repeat this is a NY team. Just like what you said in the last couple of posts....you don't want to see this team lose or struggle. Those seasons that were needed for those contracts to expire would be worst than this season. That team that layden put together was pure garbage. That team didn't have talent. Plus we were over the cap so Isiah comes in and has a garbage team, with garbage talent and he gets marbury, JC, and Curry. Then he drafts Frye, Lee, and Nate Rob. That sounds like a dumb GM? That's a competitive team. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think if Isiah had that crystal ball on the table I think he wouldn't have traded all those expiring contracts but this is now. And marbury said they LB wanted francis to weed him out and I.T said that francis was LB's idea. Two opinions are better than one so from now on francis is LB's fault.

No I don't think he's the best coach alive that would be foolish. I said the best coach for this team...as in the roster he put together. LB tried and he failed terribly...you want to try to hand the roster to some other coach so we all can just rip him too? I think not. Words are just words...so you and other people bashing him aren't ruining his day...they don't even know that you all exist so me defending Isiah is neither the right or wrong thing to do.

Again I don't defend anyone and I have no favs on this team. I respect most of your opinion but I think the bozo clown skit is too funny lol.
    Last edited by The 1 and Only; Jan 04, 2007 at 13:36.

12th man

Well I agree with some of the things you just said but there are some major errors in your logic. You are right every team has youngsters on there team but we have Frye, Nate-Rob, and Lee who are all in the roation and are sophs in the league. We have Balkman playing a role now and he's a rookie. So what decent team in the league has a rotation that plays 4 of there draft picks from the past two years? I can't think of one maybe you can.

And I never said tanking the season was an option. Don't you think if he tanked the season that he would get fired? I don't think that's an option for him.

And we aren't building only around Eddy we're also building around Frye, Nate Rob and Lee. Some would put JC in the equation. That's a talented group in my opinion. In the past Eddy has never NEVER played at this level. How many times was Eddy doubled team night in and night out? Never. So it would be smart to build around him now since it looks like his attitude and swagger and physical condition has turned around. Remember Curry is no pushover the man dominated the best defensive center in the league. His defense is a different story but he's made that fact known and hopefully he will improve it.

You are absolutely right if we would have never made a trade and let all the contracts expire then yes we would be in a better situation. But again this is NY. I repeat this is a NY team. Just like what you said in the last couple of posts....you don't want to see this team lose or struggle. Those seasons that were needed for those contracts to expire would be worst than this season. That team that layden put together was pure garbage. That team didn't have talent. Plus we were over the cap so Isiah comes in and has a garbage team, with garbage talent and he gets marbury, JC, and Curry. Then he drafts Frye, Lee, and Nate Rob. That sounds like a dumb GM? That's a competitive team. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think if Isiah had that crystal ball on the table I think he wouldn't have traded all those expiring contracts but this is now. And marbury said they LB wanted francis to weed him out and I.T said that francis was LB's idea. Two opinions are better than one so from now on francis is LB's fault.

No I don't think he's the best coach alive that would be foolish. I said the best coach for this team...as in the roster he put together. LB tried and he failed terribly...you want to try to hand the roster to some other coach so we all can just rip him too? I think not. Words are just words...so you and other people bashing him aren't ruining his day...they don't even know that you all exist so me defending Isiah is neither the right or wrong thing to do.

Again I don't defend anyone and I have no favs on this team. I respect most of your opinion but I think the bozo clown skit is too funny lol.
    None really, Knicks have been playing three sophmores(David Lee, who should be starting on the Sophmore team in the All Star game).

You're right once again, Isiah's options are limited. But Isiah did it to himself, I really believed if Isiah didn't pull the triggers on so many trades he would have more options now, with all the cap space. Instead, he blew the gun on himself. Isiah knows basketball and basketball talent, but he tried too much to turned things around, he didn't come to New York with a plan and a direction and just worsen things for the Franchise. Thats the problem we're facing.

I co-sign, losing is painful, especially since we're fans. But as fans, if we were down to two options, this is a question to all Knick fans here.

Would you have a rebuilding team thats under the cap that has a losing record for the season but theres hope to sign key players in the free agency, and more flexibility in trading?
    Or
    Would you rather have a team with the highest payroll in the NBA that has a losing record for the reason and does not get under the cap till 2008?

Thats up to you, I just don't want to see the Knicks be terrible in 2007 and 2008. I've been threw tough times in 2002, 2003, 2004,2005...and now 2006...do we really deserve two more years?

We can't predict, we don't know what team we would have right now, we don't know how good or how bad it would be. You don't know or I don't know. But what we do know is that we wouldn't have this roster, and we have a more opportunities to be active in free agency and have more valuable contracts which interest other teams. The Layden roster had expiring contracts, thats why we got Marbury, Crawford, Curry. That roster had no talent, you're right. But the roster had value financially. Thats why Isiah is the worst GM in the NBA. You can make points all day that Isiah has an eye for talent, no one will disagree with you, but as a GM Isiah is a failure my amigo.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Isiah invovled with the scouting for the Knicks, I don't hate him as other people think. We just need to continue to improve. I like David Lee alot, and I admit it, Isiah made me eat my words hard, I wanted to draft Taft over Lee, but Isiah owned with that pick. Now I'm loving everything Lee brings to this team. Things like that make me preech about Isiah. Unfortunately, he's done more wrong than good, so its hard for me to praise his transactions.

We have a nice young core with value between Nate Robinson, Fyre, Lee, Balkman, and Curry. Lets just build from that. Stop making trades if you want to build team chemistry. Only trades Isiah should make from now are trades that will get us under the cap before 2008 or trades for additional draft picks. If Isiah does this, I'm happy with his work of 2007.

Well said. And yes I am the fan that wants to rebuild. Then again we are a minority of knick fans because Isiah knew coming here that the fans want to win now. Rebuilding isn't an option for the common knick fan. I mean look at this forum. People on this forum want blood for all these loses ever since the championship games since the spurs. We want the best for our team but that is bliss. Championships take years and years to build and we're on the right track with that. This is Isiah's team and he has a plan. We might not know but he has a plan somewhere up in his head. If he didn't we wouldn't have the youth movement that we're having right now. We're moving in the right direction but what I am against is firing isiah. In my opinion that will destroy in continuity that we have going right now. Yes losing is bad but as long as we're improving then I can't ask for much more. Firing Isiah isn't going to do anything but add more time for us to get back on our feet.

12th man

Well said. And yes I am the fan that wants to rebuild. Then again we are a minority of knick fans because Isiah knew coming here that the fans want to win now. Rebuilding isn't an option for the common knick fan. I mean look at this forum. People on this forum want blood for all these loses ever since the championship games since the spurs. We want the best for our team but that is bliss. Championships take years and years to build and we're on the right track with that. This is Isiah's team and he has a plan. We might not know but he has a plan somewhere up in his head. If he didn't we wouldn't have the youth movement that we're having right now. We're moving in the right direction but what I am against is firing isiah. In my opinion that will destroy in continuity that we have going right now. Yes losing is bad but as long as we're improving then I can't ask for much more. Firing Isiah isn't going to do anything but add more time for us to get back on our feet.
    All the Knick fans I know are tired of this team, they just want to rebuild and start a fresh new page.

Yes we are all tired of this team now but again...everyone knows that NYC and the knicks is a win now city. Ask anyone...I'm just stating facts...

12th man

Yes we are all tired of this team now but again...everyone knows that NYC and the knicks is a win now city. Ask anyone...I'm just stating facts...
    I live in NYC all my life, thats not a true fact at all. I have many friends who hate most of the players on the this roster. I'm in NYC all day, I can ask anyone. NYC Knick fans just want a hard working team, we're tired of lazy ass passes, stupid turnovers, and poor defense. It reflects on New Yorkers themselves. When we play ball in the park in the summer. No shirts, hard agressive basketball, hard fouling, people look at you like "WTF" if you do a stupid turnover. We want a good basketball team that resembles the Knicks. This Knicks roster needs to lower the turnovers. We're a great rebounding team, but the turnovers keeps away from winning.

But you're beating around the bush man...we all want a hard working team. Who doesn't? But you never denied that the city has a win now attitude.
    Read the first couple of paragraphs in this article and see what I'm talking about...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

12th man

But you're beating around the bush man...we all want a hard working team. Who doesn't? But you never denied that the city has a win now attitude.
    Read the first couple of paragraphs in this article and see what I'm talking about...[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I'm talking about REAL LIFE, Knick fans around me(Which is NYC, the biggest Knick fan base in the planet) don't like soft players. We want to win now, but not with soft players. Plus, its painfully obviously we can't win this roster. The win streak? This happends every year, don't get gased. I've been tricked into believe in this team the last three years. We go on a win streak, then flop. I'm more of a awareness optimistic fan, lol.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I'm reading alot of anger and frustration. Many Knicks fans are frustrated with this team and have been for years. I believe this frustration clouds their judgment. Eddie Curry is possibly one of the top 3 centers in the eastern conference and he's only 23. The Bulls gave up on him due to his heart condition, which has not been a problem sense then. He's a developing big man. There shouldn't be any question has to why we are rebuilding around him. Curry is the brightest star by far on this roster. I can think of 12 teams that would love to have Curry right now. Further more I do not think it was possible for Thomas to let all contracts expire and not make any attempt to make a play off run. Looking backwards his attempt didn't work any way so now we can say he should have done this, or he should have done that, but I'm not sure how that helps us now. Ok yeah, if we didn't get Marbury we wouldn't be paying him 20M next year but that move energized NY and let’s face it, this business is about selling tickets and so far fans complain and complain but they still go to the games. No one is going to pay a high price ticket to see an expansion team. That's what the Knicks would have been like if they didn't make moves to get Curry and Marbury.

12th man

Originally Posted by donchris
    I'm reading alot of anger and frustration. Many Knicks fans are frustrated with this team and have been for years. I believe this frustration clouds their judgment. Eddie Curry is possibly one of the top 3 centers in the eastern conference and he's only 23. The Bulls gave up on him due to his heart condition, which has not been a problem sense then. He's a developing big man. There shouldn't be any question has to why we are rebuilding around him. Curry is the brightest star by far on this roster. I can think of 12 teams that would love to have Curry right now. Further more I do not think it was possible for Thomas to let all contracts expire and not make any attempt to make a play off run. Looking backwards his attempt didn't work any way so now we can say he should have done this, or he should have done that, but I'm not sure how that helps us now. Ok yeah, if we didn't get Marbury we wouldn't be paying him 20M next year but that move energized NY and let’s face it, this business is about selling tickets and so far fans complain and complain but they still go to the games. No one is going to pay a high price ticket to see an expansion team. That's what the Knicks would have been like if they didn't make moves to get Curry and Marbury.
    Eddy Curry is 24 turning 25 this year.