The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

metrocard

Legend
Yes we are all tired of this team now but again...everyone knows that NYC and the knicks is a win now city. Ask anyone...I'm just stating facts...

I live in NYC all my life, thats not a true fact at all. I have many friends who hate most of the players on the this roster. I'm in NYC all day, I can ask anyone. NYC Knick fans just want a hard working team, we're tired of lazy ass passes, stupid turnovers, and poor defense. It reflects on New Yorkers themselves. When we play ball in the park in the summer. No shirts, hard agressive basketball, hard fouling, people look at you like "WTF" if you do a stupid turnover. We want a good basketball team that resembles the Knicks. This Knicks roster needs to lower the turnovers. We're a great rebounding team, but the turnovers keeps away from winning.

metrocard

Legend
But you're beating around the bush man...we all want a hard working team. Who doesn't? But you never denied that the city has a win now attitude.
Read the first couple of paragraphs in this article and see what I'm talking about...http://www.nba.com/knicks/inthepaint/practice_060221.html

I'm talking about REAL LIFE, Knick fans around me(Which is NYC, the biggest Knick fan base in the planet) don't like soft players. We want to win now, but not with soft players. Plus, its painfully obviously we can't win this roster. The win streak? This happends every year, don't get gased. I've been tricked into believe in this team the last three years. We go on a win streak, then flop. I'm more of a awareness optimistic fan, lol.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'm reading alot of anger and frustration. Many Knicks fans are frustrated with this team and have been for years. I believe this frustration clouds their judgment. Eddie Curry is possibly one of the top 3 centers in the eastern conference and he's only 23. The Bulls gave up on him due to his heart condition, which has not been a problem sense then. He's a developing big man. There shouldn't be any question has to why we are rebuilding around him. Curry is the brightest star by far on this roster. I can think of 12 teams that would love to have Curry right now. Further more I do not think it was possible for Thomas to let all contracts expire and not make any attempt to make a play off run. Looking backwards his attempt didn't work any way so now we can say he should have done this, or he should have done that, but I'm not sure how that helps us now. Ok yeah, if we didn't get Marbury we wouldn't be paying him 20M next year but that move energized NY and let’s face it, this business is about selling tickets and so far fans complain and complain but they still go to the games. No one is going to pay a high price ticket to see an expansion team. That's what the Knicks would have been like if they didn't make moves to get Curry and Marbury.

metrocard

Legend
I'm reading alot of anger and frustration. Many Knicks fans are frustrated with this team and have been for years. I believe this frustration clouds their judgment. Eddie Curry is possibly one of the top 3 centers in the eastern conference and he's only 23. The Bulls gave up on him due to his heart condition, which has not been a problem sense then. He's a developing big man. There shouldn't be any question has to why we are rebuilding around him. Curry is the brightest star by far on this roster. I can think of 12 teams that would love to have Curry right now. Further more I do not think it was possible for Thomas to let all contracts expire and not make any attempt to make a play off run. Looking backwards his attempt didn't work any way so now we can say he should have done this, or he should have done that, but I'm not sure how that helps us now. Ok yeah, if we didn't get Marbury we wouldn't be paying him 20M next year but that move energized NY and let’s face it, this business is about selling tickets and so far fans complain and complain but they still go to the games. No one is going to pay a high price ticket to see an expansion team. That's what the Knicks would have been like if they didn't make moves to get Curry and Marbury.

Eddy Curry is 24 turning 25 this year.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm talking about REAL LIFE, Knick fans around me(Which is NYC, the biggest Knick fan base in the planet) don't like soft players. We want to win now, but not with soft players. Plus, its painfully obviously we can't win this roster. The win streak? This happends every year, don't get gased. I've been tricked into believe in this team the last three years. We go on a win streak, then flop. I'm more of a awareness optimistic fan, lol.

I agree, I never argued about anything except for the fact that NYC is a win now city. And I'm right. This is the reason it is so hard for GMs to turn the knicks around. Except for Grunfield and he did it in a genius manner. So instead of grabbing the axe everytime something doesn't go our way. Let's look at the big picture instead of the win now mentality. Sometimes time is the only thing that can help a team. And from what I've read from that article...it does seem like he has a plan lol.

metrocard

Legend
So if Isiah's still here on February 12, will you leave???

Nah, I'll just bash Isiah more and Isiahsexuals like you. You better hope Isiah will be gone by Feb 11th, you thought I owned you before? It'll be worst trust me. Isiah has disappointed me over the last couple of years. But I've been impressed with our preformance this season. Even though we're at the bottom of the East, I expected worst.

My opinion of Isiah will change when he does a new plan for franchise that includes (which I repeated a million times)

Trading for expiring contracts
Trading for draft picks.

Isiahsexuals can say over and over "We have the most talented team in the NBA, thank you Isiah, our savior." But honestly they know deep down inside its bullshit. We have a losing roster, with loser players. Roster with loser players = losing team.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You are still here. I see Rady didn't take out the trash yet.
Back on topic. The team is showing a willingness to play. That is something they did not have last year under Larry Brown. This is begining to look like sugnificant progress.

Starks

Starter
Something interesting to think about...

If Curry is gone for an extended period of time, expect this team to drop below the Celtics in the standings and make less noise than a fart for the rest of the season.

So does Thomas keep his jon, falling back on "Its not my fault Curry got injured excuse"

Most people here would probably argue that he should be absolved of any blame, and that ultimatley "Significant Progress" has been achieved morally.

I say No.

Why?
You can't bank an entire franchise on the back of one player! And you ceartainly can't bank on winning anything with one player. ask The Lakers

Sorry Isiaha, you've been better than Larry Brown- but this is what happens when you don't have a plan B...

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
What can you say about Patrick Ewing and the large portion of his career with the knicks? He carried this team for a large portion of his career on his back...

I don't think Isiah deserves 0% of the blame but he doesn't deserve all of it. He's the only thing positive in the executive suite. He brought talent to this team and is now building chemistry with his players. The cohesiveness of our team play is great but the only problem is that we play inconsistently. We play great offensively and we stink defensively or we'll play great the first 3 quarters and blow a lead in the fourth, etc. We are in the Top 3 in rebounding...I think that's a large improvement that we can build upon...

metrocard

Legend
Lenny Wilkens w/ a roster of old finished players

Vin Baker
Anfernee Hardaway
Othella Harrington
Allan Houston
DerMarr Johnson
Stephon Marbury
Nazr Mohammed
Dikembe Mutombo
Moochie Norris
Mike Sweetney
Kurt Thomas
Tim Thomas
Clarence Weatherspoon
Frank Williams
Demarr Johnson

23 - 19 (5 games above .500, .548 winning percentage) and most importantly = PLAYOFFS

With weaker talent he made the playoffs and it was against a tough Eastern Conference.

vs

Isiah Thomas (19 - 27, .413 winning percentage) No chance of playoffs, first round picked is locked by Chicago.

If that record with that team wasn't good enough for Isiah, then what is going to be considered a success this year?

This season has exposed Isiah Thomas' GM skills and has exposed the roster as a one dimensional, flawed, mentally challenged, turnover prone soft defensive mess.

For Isiah to destroy for himself any credibility he ever had, bring shame upon his family, and to brand the mark of humiliation for his future bloodline.

If the man wants to save whatever face he has left, he should resign.

metrocard

Legend
isiahpopcorn.jpg

spikelee.jpg

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
OKay. Watch we all wake up tomorrow turn on ESPN. AND BAM.. Headline News.. THe New York Knicks have officially sold rights to some billionare. Isiah and Management staff fired... now what.

WHO!!!!! will turn the team around....? Jerry West maybe.. The Guy that brought in Shaq to a Strong Lakers team in the 90s? Possibility...

mArBuRyIsAmOrOn

Benchwarmer
i think most of us here still do have hope for the season. ... i think u should be bitch slapped for being so fucking dumb. knicksfan4real my ass:flippa:

Congrats!! You win the Knicks Forum MORON OF THE WEEK AWARD!

Please immediately extract your head from your ass before you suffocate and die from the brain damage that has already been caused!