The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

The clock is ticking

I give mad props to you rady....this might be the best move since we've fired LB LOL.

Props this. LB is alive and well. Isiah Thomas is the NEXT one who will be fired!!

BOOOOOOOO! GARDEN FIASCO HAS FANS YELLING FOR ISIAH'S HEAD
It took 21 games, but "Fire Thomas" and "Fire Isiah" chants rang out in the final Garden minutes last night.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12072006/sports/knicks/boooooooo__knicks_marc_berman.htm

THE THOMAS CLOWN AFFAIR: Isiah Thomas wears a glum look at the Garden last night as his Knicks fell to 2-8 at home, prompting chants of 'Fire Isiah!' from fed-up fans.

Reality is about to slap you upside you silly head son.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
Brace yourself, things are going to get real ugly...and you know what, I'm happy. I'm reminded of and old quote taken from an Army Captain in Vietnam. When asked why he ordered his platoon to set a village on fire he said... "The only way to save this village; was to destroy it"

paris401

Starter
.he took 15+ mil from us and we're apologizing? He's got 15+ mil in his pocket for 23 wins...yep...that's something we should apologize for...

actually i think it was more like 28.5m .. 10m for last year and 18.5 for the buy-out.. and ofcourse he got something like 5m when he left detroit... so last year larry made 33.5m...

he's a fucking genius...

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
Props this. LB is alive and well. Isiah Thomas is the NEXT one who will be fired!!

BOOOOOOOO! GARDEN FIASCO HAS FANS YELLING FOR ISIAH'S HEAD
It took 21 games, but "Fire Thomas" and "Fire Isiah" chants rang out in the final Garden minutes last night.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12072006/sports/knicks/boooooooo__knicks_marc_berman.htm

THE THOMAS CLOWN AFFAIR: Isiah Thomas wears a glum look at the Garden last night as his Knicks fell to 2-8 at home, prompting chants of 'Fire Isiah!' from fed-up fans.

Reality is about to slap you upside you silly head son.

this guy might be rite after all, im sorry for saying u dont kno wat ur talking about before cuz now u make sense, i believed in isiah this year i thought the knicks were gonna be good and a 500, the francis and marbury combination is never gonna work their to similar i though it was gonna work but its not, and now marbury is not agreesive anymore he is not the same marbury look at his first year and haf with the knicks he was their best player he averaged 20 and 8 but now the knicks hav to many players that wanna be stars and this is isiah's fault the knicks cant even win in one of the famous arenas EVER this is one of the greatest home court adavanteges ever and the knicks cant even play 500 their

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
yea Larry brown had a terrible year last year but the knicks were a bad team for like 4 years before that so he cant just come in and wave a magic wand , yea he did hav something to do with last year but it wasnt his entire fault it was part Isiahs for putting together the roster not ONE player remains from before he came here he got rid of everyone

paris401

Starter
yea Larry brown had a terrible year last year but the knicks were a bad team for like 4 years before that so he cant just come in and wave a magic wand , yea he did hav something to do with last year but it wasnt his entire fault it was part Isiahs for putting together the roster not ONE player remains from before he came here he got rid of everyone

i think last year was a 'group effort'.. starting with dolan,down to thomas, brown, and let's not forget the players..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Still at your fluff-pushing worst Don Chris? The team is still undisciplined, never guards the perimeter, except for Richardson. Curry scores more and rebounds a bit better, but not good enough, and is still a piss-poor defender. crawford has regressed since his spectacular end of last season.
Richardson and Lee are the only definite positives on this team. Balkman is way too inconsistent on both ends of the floor to call him a positive yet. Forget about your lover Starbury. He has played with no energy and with zero perimeter defense. This team wins at very best 35 games this year. That is what I had predicted they would win this year with LB at the helm. That is because they are getting to know each oters play. But it is rare this team plays 4 quarters of good ball. The Grizzlies win was not only ugly but against the most injury-plagued team in the NBA. It means nothing as a tool to determine any progress the team has made.

My shadow speaks again, this time you actually make some sense. Defense is a major problem. The knicks played sloppy ball against D.C. I suppose Jefferies' energy on defense could be absorbed by Richardson, Lee and Balkman. The difference between you and I is that I am a REAL Knicks fan. I'll never bash the whole team as you did, and the old man who has clearly taken your manhood and good judgment, Larry Brown. Lee, Robinson, Crawford, Curry and Richardson have all proven to be solid players. Perhaps the presents of Jefferies is needed for the team. I'm not giving up on them. It's not too late for them to turn things around. But if it doesn't get done this month I'll say it's over. In the mean time you may want to acknowledge that you are obsessed with me. Your every word and posting mirrors that of my own. With out me no have no life.

Last edited:

os2wiz

Rookie
My shadow speaks again, this time you actually make some sense. Defense is a major problem. The knicks played sloppy ball against D.C. I suppose Jefferies' energy on defense could be absorbed by Richardson, Lee and Balkman. The difference between you and I is that I am a REAL Knicks fan. I'll never bash the whole team as you did, and the old man who has clearly taken your manhood and good judgment, Larry Brown. Lee, Robinson, Crawford, Curry and Richardson have all proven to be solid players. Perhaps the presents of Jefferies is needed for the team. I'm not giving up on them. It's not too late for them to turn things around. But if it doesn't get done this month I'll say it's over. In the mean time you may want to acknowledge that you are obsessed with me. Your every word and posting mirrors that of my own. With out me no have no life.

Au contraire, mon amour, I do quite well without the anti-Christ. I have a lovely nagging wife who matches me wit for wit, I have hours to spend defending worker's rights on the job and advocating for communism. I enjoy
crossing swords with the rambunctious sorts like you. I am rambunctious also, but I have an uncanny ability to analyze things at their core and peel away the garbage and fluff or spin, whatever you wish to call it.
I also love to take an annual vacation to somwwhere new. 3 years ago it was a 10 Night Carriben cruise on the Celebrity Summit. 2 years ago it was Maui. Last year it was Aruba. This coming year a 12 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy on the Greek isles, Rome, Capri,
Rhodes, Santorini, Ephesus etc. I love life , but I get great pleasure at dissecting buffoons who spout hot air. That is intellectually. These targets could be sellout union leaders, hypocritical Hillary Clinton, the capitalist class as a whole, and on a microcosmic level sports blusterers. Don I admire you a bit. You are not a dim wit by any means. You just get carried away with your
ego. You can't will the Knicks to victory, we are not on the court of play. unforetunately for both of us , and really of all of us who appreciate the game, it is completely out of hands. the bean counting Dolans own the team.
Now that their are thousand s of empty seats every game, they are panicking. I will guarantee you , whether or not you like LB, he would have elevated the game within 2 years way beyong what Isaiah could hope to do. IT is a desperate man now. His public remarks recently could be attributed
to a crack-cocaine addict or man in an opium-induced dream. The are so far
from the reality of what is going on on that basketball court. After their horrendous no-defense loss to the Wizards , he embraces the players as they leave the court. He in a sense is spitting on the intelligience of the Knicks fans, who are disillusioned with this product, and have let the players and managment know it in no uncertain terms. Now he is saying to the players it us against the fans. He will be gone in 5 months perhaps 3 if the team continues to implode.

this guy might be rite after all, im sorry for saying u dont kno wat ur talking about before cuz now u make sense, i believed in isiah this year i thought the knicks were gonna be good ...

I'll be honest with ya. I'm actually really surprised these guys are not playing a hell of a lot better than they are for Thomas! I figured there would have been a hell of a lot more chemistry than what we’re seeing, which in turn would have caused them to click seeing they were now playing for the same guy who was personally involved in bringing each of them in. I think it would be great if someone could persuade Cablevision to sell the Knicks to an owner like Mark Cuban ; someone who actually knows what a frigging basketball is and who is not completely detached from the sport in general such as what Dolan is. I’m guessing that fat little bastard never played a damn game of b’ball in his life growing up with a silver dick up his ass. Who would have wanted that moron on their team in the first place. I'm sure he grew up getting his fat little ass kicked every day after school. lol

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
fire isiah, dolan, get knicks on the right track again, and then hire a proven college, hopefully NY native coach.

Starks

Starter
Thomas is really speeding up his demise by starting a war with the fans. He really has no hope. What makes him think insultng us will bring u sback to the Garden?? He's just giving fans more fodder to hate him. And what the hell is thinking by saying Knick fans are appy about the future??? LOL He is clueless

New to this board, fan of almost 40 years. Isiah's spin is outrageous - team getting better, NY fans don't understand, injuries, etc. I actually sense his coaching work this year isn't bad - Curry playing well, benching the dsyfunctional Marbury/Francis, time for Lee, etc.

None of this however, can overcome the most destructive management of a sports franchise I can recall. The turnover of this team, the contracts taken on, the cap status now, the Curry trade, the roster, all speak to a truly bad executive.

Wish the press would do a "then/now" analysis of the team he inherited, the team now, trades made... they've regressed, all the while leading the league in payroll. Shocking.

os2wiz

Rookie
I'll be honest with ya. I'm actually really surprised these guys are not playing a hell of a lot better than they are for Thomas! I figured there would have been a hell of a lot more chemistry than what we’re seeing, which in turn would have caused them to click seeing they were now playing for the same guy who was personally involved in bringing each of them in. I think it would be great if someone could persuade Cablevision to sell the Knicks to an owner like Mark Cuban ; someone who actually knows what a frigging basketball is and who is not completely detached from the sport in general such as what Dolan is. I’m guessing that fat little bastard never played a damn game of b’ball in his life growing up with a silver dick up his ass. Who would have wanted that moron on their team in the first place. I'm sure he grew up getting his fat little ass kicked every day after school. lol

Chemistry is bull, pure and simple bull c--p. Chemistry is players practicing together for thousands of hours no more no less. It comes with effort and time, it is not inherited or created ina test tube by some mad scientist. I have had enough of the chemistry talk. It is nonsense.

donchris

Au contraire, mon amour, I do quite well without the anti-Christ. I have a lovely nagging wife who matches me wit for wit, I have hours to spend defending worker's rights on the job and advocating for communism. I enjoy
crossing swords with the rambunctious sorts like you. I am rambunctious also, but I have an uncanny ability to analyze things at their core and peel away the garbage and fluff or spin, whatever you wish to call it.
I also love to take an annual vacation to somwwhere new. 3 years ago it was a 10 Night Carriben cruise on the Celebrity Summit. 2 years ago it was Maui. Last year it was Aruba. This coming year a 12 night Eastern Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy on the Greek isles, Rome, Capri,
Rhodes, Santorini, Ephesus etc. I love life , but I get great pleasure at dissecting buffoons who spout hot air. That is intellectually. These targets could be sellout union leaders, hypocritical Hillary Clinton, the capitalist class as a whole, and on a microcosmic level sports blusterers. Don I admire you a bit. You are not a dim wit by any means. You just get carried away with your
ego. You can't will the Knicks to victory, we are not on the court of play. unforetunately for both of us , and really of all of us who appreciate the game, it is completely out of hands. the bean counting Dolans own the team.
Now that their are thousand s of empty seats every game, they are panicking. I will guarantee you , whether or not you like LB, he would have elevated the game within 2 years way beyong what Isaiah could hope to do. IT is a desperate man now. His public remarks recently could be attributed
to a crack-cocaine addict or man in an opium-induced dream. The are so far
from the reality of what is going on on that basketball court. After their horrendous no-defense loss to the Wizards , he embraces the players as they leave the court. He in a sense is spitting on the intelligience of the Knicks fans, who are disillusioned with this product, and have let the players and managment know it in no uncertain terms. Now he is saying to the players it us against the fans. He will be gone in 5 months perhaps 3 if the team continues to implode.

I would like to retract my comment that you are nothing with out me. It wasn't nice and unfortunately it started a long boring ramble of a bunch of stuff no one cares about and every one has lost brain cells and is dumber for reading it. I tried to read it all but I only made it to wife and some kind of vacation then I fell asleep with my eyes wide open and nearly shat in my sleep!

donchris

New to this board, fan of almost 40 years. Isiah's spin is outrageous - team getting better, NY fans don't understand, injuries, etc. I actually sense his coaching work this year isn't bad - Curry playing well, benching the dsyfunctional Marbury/Francis, time for Lee, etc.

None of this however, can overcome the most destructive management of a sports franchise I can recall. The turnover of this team, the contracts taken on, the cap status now, the Curry trade, the roster, all speak to a truly bad executive.

Wish the press would do a "then/now" analysis of the team he inherited, the team now, trades made... they've regressed, all the while leading the league in payroll. Shocking.

I have alot of respect for old school Knicks fans. You guys really know the game and unlike my self, can recall when the Knicks were finals champions. That was a few years before my time. That being said I have to disagree with your point about Curry. I am aware that I am in the minority with this position but the Curry trade was a trade by some one who could see the potential in him. Curry is amounting to what no one thought possible but Isiah and Shaq. They were the only two that publicly called it. Sure the Bulls got our pick but it's a small price to pay for the future. If I was against Isiah I would have pointed out the Jerome James signing. That was awful but at the time necessary. Remember, Thomas had already traded Kurt Thomas, our only center, for Quinton Richardson so we had no center. This was also before the Curry trade. There has been a chain of fowl ups by management but I do not believe the Curry acquisition to be one of them.

Now its Thomas verses the fans. Tell me this, what team or city other than NY boos their own team at every home game loss? There isn't one. NY fans are the worst in the league and always have been. NY is a strange city. It's not really a city at all. It's more like a city on steroids. Every thing is amped up. The pizza, the cab drivers, the fans. All amped up. These same characters booed the Great Patrick Ewing. The greatest center of his time. Now they love him. I still don't understand why any one would pay good money to boo their own team. Love in NY lasts about 15 minutes.

Chemistry is bull, pure and simple bull c--p. Chemistry is players practicing together for thousands of hours no more no less. It comes with effort and time, it is not inherited or created ina test tube by some mad scientist. I have had enough of the chemistry talk. It is nonsense.

Well I guess the answer then is that the team just sucks ass!

Starks

Starter
Dolan on Thomas:
"I believe that Isiah will be successful. I believe that he is going to take this team and that he is going to develop it significantly over this season and I believe that we will be sitting here at the end of the season, saying obviously we need to keep Isiah. I believe that, but I'm not committed to that. What I'm committed to is evaluating it at the end of the season."

Uh oh. Looks like in Dolan's fantasy world, Thomas will win his spot.

Ladies and Gents, your fav team's owner..JIM DOLAN!!!!!!

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I'm not surprised Dolan said those things about Isiah and I also wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks finish dead last, Dolan still doesn't fire Isiah.

Jim Dolan - A Completely Retarded Idiot

Jim Dolan is the biggest MORON ever to have anything at all to do with any game of sports whatsoever. Get used to being the laughing stock of the sporting world and being in last place people. The fans need to STOP going to the games, PERIOD.

The fans must make Cablevision see the Knicks as a losing proposition and not as a viable portfolio investment before they will cut them loose. Until then GET USED TO BEING IN LAST PLACE and having a retarded moron as an owner.

reckoning

Benchwarmer
I haven't given up on the season yet simply for the fact that it's too early to really know what's going to happen. The Atlantic Division is a mess, so if the Knicks go on a streak and don't implode there's a chance something decent might happen. I want Isiah gone as much as anyone else, but if he can turn it around and do something with our guys, then maybe the season's not lost. If/when he's fired I wanna see Herb and Patrick coach the boys.