The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

metrocard

Legend
That's real cute. But you are not for the team if all you do is bitch. That's not loyalty. The Knicks are not a product but they do provide a service. They play th sport of basketball for yours and my entertainment. If you don't like it then don't watch! There are good things about this team. You'd see this if you didn't have your head up your ass. Yes yes, free speech, bla bla bla. You can say any thing you want and God bless America. Save that B.S for a political speech. Your good at throwing insults now try to watch a game or two. If the only achievement you can see is that we are a few games better than last year then you don't know the team! You're talking stats and any one can read a stat in NBA.com or ESPN.

Let’s set the record straight. Thomas isn't the best coach for NY. I'd rather have Lenny Wilkins back. But that shit is neather here nor there.

BRING_BACK_LARRY_BROWN you represent everything that is wrong with Knicks fans. Cute lil animation now wipe your mouth off. Any one with half a brain can see that Larry Brown tore this team apart with 50 different starting line ups and gave away Ariza for Francis which added to the cap. And this is the goober you side with? Some how you guys twist that into being Thomas' fault. No I'm not a Thomas fan and I never liked the Pistons. But what I do know is that we will start winning this season. If you are a true fan prove it. Stop winning! Stop complaining and root for your team.

No body is bitching, I'm voicing my opinion against Isiah/Dolan/Cablevision terrible managament of my favorite team in the NBA. I don't agree with their decisions, I have the freedom to say logically and reasonably how I disagree with their moves. I don't need to be a homer to be the biggest fan. They're not playing the sport of basketball to win, they're playing the sport of basketball just to make money and sell to the consumer. Obviously there are good things about this team, accually alot of good things. But we are far far away from playoff contention. I've stated many times I'm a fanatic of players like David Lee, Balkman, Richardson, Jefferies, all these players Isiah acquired. I'm not saying all his moves are BAD, but most of his decisions were which lets me label him as a terrible GM, most NBA fans would agree, and most Knick fans from the 90s would agree ago. Go root for the Bobcats and go hope Isiah takes over as the PBO in Charlotte. This is NYC, the MECCA of basketball, we deserve the best team available, Isiah hasn't done that for us. I mean we could of had Ron Artest just for CHANNING FYRE. Could you imagine a line up of Marbury/Richardson/Artest/Lee/Curry? Its little things like that annoys me about Isiah Thomas. I know this TEAM. This team was obviously going to improved a slight bit with having the same players from the 2nd half of last year, the more games you play with the same guys, the more they reconize with each other. We could be so much better though, I want the best for the Knicks, while you settle for garbage. This is what makes me a Knicks fan, and you an Isiahsexual.

paris401

Starter
so talent wise starbury+ franchise are better the billups+rip???

if that is the case.. fuck-talent... i'll take the detroit duo... any day

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Ok Metro. I see your point but here is mine. This is not a pro Isiah statement. The statement I make now is about chemistry. Brining in another coach next year will hurt this team. They need time to adapt. The problem hiring yet another coach is that the players will then have gone through 3 coaches in three years. How can the players be consistent if they don't have consistent leadership? I'm saying this for Thomas and I even said it for Brown. Frankly NY fans don't deserve jack shit. I've lived up and down the east coast and I've seen how other fans respond to their team. There is no other city in this country that has fans that constantly boo their own team. These are what I call the So Called Fans and guess what, NY is loaded with them. They are the main ones talking about what they deserve and the first to complain when things go wrong. These are the same Fans that booed Patrick Ewing time and time again. As a fan I want to see the Knicks win a championship but I can't say I deserve it. I'm not a player right! I'm not out there working my ass off to win. I'm a fan watching a game. So what do I deserve? Patrick Ewing deserves a ring. Karl Malone deserved a ring. Charles Barkley deserves a ring. Even bitch ass Alonso Mourning deserved a ring. You don't deserve shit! You've got the best team available. Believe it or not we can and will get more for Channing Frye then Ron Artest. I'm not settling for anything. Do you actually think Ronnie would make that much of a difference? WTF is he doing now? We're making the best of a bad situation. Houston is coming off the cap after this season, we've got Curry who is projected to be one day the best center in the league, and five solid draft picks in the last two years. We've got the best bench in the NBA and we are loaded with talent. I can see all of these things despite a bad starting season. This is what makes me a knowledgeable fan and you a lil BITCH!!!

metrocard

Legend
Ok Metro. I see your point but here is mine. This is not a pro Isiah statement. The statement I make now is about chemistry. Brining in another coach next year will hurt this team. They need time to adapt. The problem hiring yet another coach is that the players will then have gone through 3 coaches in three years. How can the players be consistent if they don't have consistent leadership? I'm saying this for Thomas and I even said it for Brown. Frankly NY fans don't deserve jack shit. I've lived up and down the east coast and I've seen how other fans respond to their team. There is no other city in this country that has fans that constantly boo their own team. These are what I call the So Called Fans and guess what, NY is loaded with them. They are the main ones talking about what they deserve and the first to complain when things go wrong. These are the same Fans that booed Patrick Ewing time and time again. As a fan I want to see the Knicks win a championship but I can't say I deserve it. I'm not a player right! I'm not out there working my ass off to win. I'm a fan watching a game. So what do I deserve? Patrick Ewing deserves a ring. Karl Malone deserved a ring. Charles Barkley deserves a ring. Even bitch ass Alonso Mourning deserved a ring. You don't deserve shit! You've got the best team available. Believe it or not we can and will get more for Channing Frye then Ron Artest. I'm not settling for anything. Do you actually think Ronnie would make that much of a difference? WTF is he doing now? We're making the best of a bad situation. Houston is coming off the cap after this season, we've got Curry who is projected to be one day the best center in the league, and five solid draft picks in the last two years. We've got the best bench in the NBA and we are loaded with talent. I can see all of these things despite a bad starting season. This is what makes me a knowledgeable fan and you a lil BITCH!!!

You are right, this team needs to adapt. Isiah isn't the best option as coach though. You support Isiah so much, but how many coaches have we had under Isiah Thomas? From Chaney to Herb Williams to Wilkins to Larry Brown...and now Isiah Thomas, obviously this team won't gain chemistry. Its Isiah's fault for us having so many coaches in here the last 2-3 years. So you make a point, which is AGAINST Isiah. Thanks.

Knick fans boo their team hard the last 3-4 years cause they haven't gave the city the best basketball. We deserve good basketball, I can't really believe you said Knick fans don't deserve jack shit. Oh well, I remember you're not a fan of the Knicks.

Ron Artest wouldnt help this team? We've struggled defensively. We give up 102 points per game. Its hard to win games when you give up 102 points per game and you don't have a Phoneix or Denver offense. Artest would help the perimeter defense and give us an energy on both sides of the court we never had before since Sprewell. Artest is also a team captain and brings veteranship to the locker room. He's a tough hard nosed player we could definately use. Anyone can easily choose Artest over Fyre. Fyre is a nice young player, but he's not all star caliber player like Ron Artest. I'm a fan here, but lets be REAL. Artest would hep this team.

Making the best of a bad situation? Signing Jerome James to a 5 year deal was making the best of a bad situation? Trading Cap space with Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza for Steve Francis, a team cancer is making the best of a bad situation? Trading an expiring contract Antonio Davis for Jalen Rose (who we end up waiving) was making the best of a bad situation? Trading Charlie Ward, Eisley, Antonio McDysess who are all expiring contracts which gave Phoneix to cap space to sign the two time MVP of the NBA Steve Nash and Q Rich, plus they got three draft picks in return for Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway two of most overpaid contracts in the NBA was making the best of a bad situation? I could go on and on, but I'm not going to. You don't want to understand how many bad situations Isiah has put the Knicks in. Isiah has made the WORST of a bad situation and this is why I'm not happy with him as the President of Basketball Operattions, nor I do not trust him as a coach. I feel its time to change the front office with Dolan/Isiah/Cablevision and get the right guys in there. But you can't see eye to eye with me that. Its chill thoguh, I could care less. Knick fans will continue to want the best for their team, while you focus on much courage Isiah has. Maybe you'll Isiah's popcorn for Christmas too.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You are right, this team needs to adapt. Isiah isn't the best option as coach though. You support Isiah so much, but how many coaches have we had under Isiah Thomas? From Chaney to Herb Williams to Wilkins to Larry Brown...and now Isiah Thomas, obviously this team won't gain chemistry. Its Isiah's fault for us having so many coaches in here the last 2-3 years. So you make a point, which is AGAINST Isiah. Thanks.

Knick fans boo their team hard the last 3-4 years cause they haven't gave the city the best basketball. We deserve good basketball, I can't really believe you said Knick fans don't deserve jack shit. Oh well, I remember you're not a fan of the Knicks.

Ron Artest wouldnt help this team? We've struggled defensively. We give up 102 points per game. Its hard to win games when you give up 102 points per game and you don't have a Phoneix or Denver offense. Artest would help the perimeter defense and give us an energy on both sides of the court we never had before since Sprewell. Artest is also a team captain and brings veteranship to the locker room. He's a tough hard nosed player we could definately use. Anyone can easily choose Artest over Fyre. Fyre is a nice young player, but he's not all star caliber player like Ron Artest. I'm a fan here, but lets be REAL. Artest would hep this team.

Making the best of a bad situation? Signing Jerome James to a 5 year deal was making the best of a bad situation? Trading Cap space with Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza for Steve Francis, a team cancer is making the best of a bad situation? Trading an expiring contract Antonio Davis for Jalen Rose (who we end up waiving) was making the best of a bad situation? Trading Charlie Ward, Eisley, Antonio McDysess who are all expiring contracts which gave Phoneix to cap space to sign the two time MVP of the NBA Steve Nash and Q Rich, plus they got three draft picks in return for Stephon Marbury and Penny Hardaway two of most overpaid contracts in the NBA was making the best of a bad situation? I could go on and on, but I'm not going to. You don't want to understand how many bad situations Isiah has put the Knicks in. Isiah has made the WORST of a bad situation and this is why I'm not happy with him as the President of Basketball Operattions, nor I do not trust him as a coach. I feel its time to change the front office with Dolan/Isiah/Cablevision and get the right guys in there. But you can't see eye to eye with me that. Its chill thoguh, I could care less. Knick fans will continue to want the best for their team, while you focus on much courage Isiah has. Maybe you'll Isiah's popcorn for Christmas too.

There are alot of people that agree with your point about Thomas making things worse I just think for the most part they are wrong and here's why. Jerome James was perhaps the shittiest of all acquisitions. Yet Thomas traded our only center, Kurt Thomas for Quinten Richardson. At that point Curry wasn't yet available. So Thomas over paid James in order to out bid Washington. It turns out that was a very bad move because James is dead weight. Charley Ward was a bum and needed to be traded as did Eisley and McDysess. The best thing to do is exactly what you said. Let the contracts expire. But there was pressure to win NOW as there always is in NY so talent needed to be brought in.

Knicks so called fans have booed their own team sense the beginning of the franchise. What ever it is it's not enough unless it's all the way. A real fan is down with the team through thick and thin, good play or bad play. How is a fan going to boo the damn team off the court and then say we deserve a ring. Wow! You just killed their home court advantage. Great job! Now you think you deserver a f#$) ring! I am a Knicks fan and a True fan. I've never booed any Knicks player. Not even Alan Houston and I think he stinks. And yes fans don't deserver jack shit other than seeing a good game. I'll say a fan deserves a ring when he gets his ass up and plays some ball for his team. That fan deserve B.S. is said to sell tickets you simple minded prick! That rederick bullshit. Make up your mind. Are you on or off the hate wagon? So Zek should go but he's not a bad coach? WTF are you talking about. This is exactly what I said 5 posts ago and you jumped all over it like a lil gay monkey.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
There are alot of people that agree with your point about Thomas making things worse I just think for the most part they are wrong and here's why. Jerome James was perhaps the shittiest of all acquisitions. Yet Thomas traded our only center, Kurt Thomas for Quinten Richardson. At that point Curry wasn't yet available. So Thomas over paid James in order to out bid Washington. It turns out that was a very bad move because James is dead weight. Charley Ward was a bum and needed to be traded as did Eisley and McDysess. The best thing to do is exactly what you said. Let the contracts expire. But there was pressure to win NOW as there always is in NY so talent needed to be brought in.

Knicks so called fans have booed their own team sense the beginning of the franchise. What ever it is it's not enough unless it's all the way. A real fan is down with the team through thick and thin, good play or bad play. How is a fan going to boo the damn team off the court and then say we deserve a ring. Wow! You just killed their home court advantage. Great job! Now you think you deserver a f#$) ring! I am a Knicks fan and a True fan. I've never booed any Knicks player. Not even Alan Houston and I think he stinks. And yes fans don't deserver jack shit other than seeing a good game. I'll say a fan deserves a ring when he gets his ass up and plays some ball for his team. That fan deserve B.S. is said to sell tickets you simple minded prick! That rederick bullshit. Make up your mind. Are you on or off the hate wagon? So Zek should go but he's not a bad coach? WTF are you talking about. This is exactly what I said 5 posts ago and you jumped all over it like a lil gay monkey.

Alot of logical people agree with me, because I'm speaking with facts here. Jerome James is a 16 minute per game player. Now he's a 6-10 minute per game player. He has 4 years left on his deal, and he's in his 30's already. Its one of the worst signings in NBA history. Jackie Butler was more productive than Jerome James. Isiah really THOUGHT Jerome James could be the starting center of this team at the time we didn't obtain Curry? More to add to his bad GM decisions. Charlie Ward was a decent player who knew how to run the offense decently, he was a good role player. You don't understand why his contract had value. Let me explain to you in the most simple way possible. Charlie Ward has an expiring contract. Expiring Contract = Cap space. McDysess = expiring contract. Eisley = Expiring Contract. Are you really dumb enough to believe Phoneix traded their backcourt of Marbury/Hardaway for the amazing all star talent Howard Eisley, Charlie, and Antonio McDysess? No, they wanted expiring contracts. They wanted to rebuild around Amare, and get cap space to sign free agents. Well, Phoneix got the best out of that deal, and Isiah didn't. This is why Isiah was the LOSER of that trade. Phoneix got the opportunity (thanks to Isiah) to sign the two time MVP of the NBA, Steve Nash and Q-Rich. If it wasn't for Isiah, Phoneix would still have Marbury and Penny Hardaway. This is why Isiah isn't a smart GM, he makes other teams better.

Oh no...Isiah has PRESSURE, man...you're the biggest Isiahseuxal. You're so focused on the pressure Isiah has to face and how much courage has to put up. You're more focused on Isiah Thomas' left testicle than the New York Knicks.

You don't know what a real fan is, especially you. You don't have the right to question anyone's indentity of a fan in here, when you show complete bias support to Isiah. You insult anyone who speaks badly about Isiah and claim them Knick haters. I'm a KNICKS FAN, I put the jersey first before anything. You support Isiah primary before anything else concerning basketball. This is why I question your status as a Knicks fan, a man, and your sexuality. Its nothing personal, its just how you present yourself.

Allan Houston stinks? wow. We have some kid from the Carolinas with a fetish for Isiah covered in popcorn saying Allan Houston stinks in a Knicks forum. Allan Houston was a leader in the locker and on the court. Houston was one of the most prolific scorers in Knicks history. Houston ranks 10th on the NBA's all-time list for career 3pt made. His last-second bank-shot in game 7 against the Heat was one of the most memorable momments for Knick fans in the last decade, and all of the Knicks history. The man averaged 23 ppg with bad legs just on his jumpshot in 2003. Remember that year Houston has limited ability to drive and slash, he got most of his points from midrange which was extremely impressive. Including two 50 point games that season. Sorry, you're crazy or you're filled with alot of HATE. Allan Houston doesnt not stink. He, Sprewell and Camby are some of my favorite Knicks of all time. I'm not going to have some Isiahsexual spread his ignorant hate on memorable Knick players who contributed ALOT to this franchise.

Starks

Starter
Progress Progress Progress. Curry this, Nate that Blah Blah Blah.. on paper where it counts, we are no better than last year! All this crap for the same record we had last year!

metrocard

Legend
Progress Progress Progress. Curry this, Nate that Blah Blah Blah.. on paper where it counts, we are no better than last year! All this crap for the same record we had last year!

I agree, I'm tired of losing with a roster where we're paying players all star-type contracts for 3-5 years. Losing is painful, but losing with the highest payroll in the NBA is more painful cause its embarassment. Please Isiah, go.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I understand where you all are coming from...because losing obviously is never in the plans. But it's part of a rebuilding process. No one wants to lose but to get better and to develop your young talent...it's part of the journey. With LB nothing was accomplished, the little development that our rookies did receive was self-motivated. When the rookies played well it seemed as if Brown tested there will by putting them on the bench. Curry didn't develop at all. David Lee barely played...I'm proud of him this year, he's proving why he should have played last year regardless if he was a rookie. This is the problem with the common knick fan including myself we never want to see our team struggle or stink up the place but isiah is doing something that GMs were scared to do in the past...he is rebuilding. With talents such at Nate-Rob, Frye, Curry, Lee, and Jeffries we can build a decent team and then sign a big free agent in a couple of years. But if we fire Isiah what will we accomplish? The only coach I'm for if Isiah gets fired is Herb....if it's not Herb than it will hurt us even more. If we bring an outside coach he's going to play an entirely different game than what Isiah did and it will set us that much further back onto the journey of success. All we are seeing are the L's. Last year we saw L's without progress. This year we are seeing L's with progress. The problem is that this year should have been last year and we should actually be winning this year. But instead LB set us back and now we're stuck in the mud...

metrocard

Legend
I understand where you all are coming from...because losing obviously is never in the plans. But it's part of a rebuilding process. No one wants to lose but to get better and to develop your young talent...it's part of the journey. With LB nothing was accomplished, the little development that our rookies did receive was self-motivated. When the rookies played well it seemed as if Brown tested there will by putting them on the bench. Curry didn't develop at all. David Lee barely played...I'm proud of him this year, he's proving why he should have played last year regardless if he was a rookie. This is the problem with the common knick fan including myself we never want to see our team struggle or stink up the place but isiah is doing something that GMs were scared to do in the past...he is rebuilding. With talents such at Nate-Rob, Frye, Curry, Lee, and Jeffries we can build a decent team and then sign a big free agent in a couple of years. But if we fire Isiah what will we accomplish? The only coach I'm for if Isiah gets fired is Herb....if it's not Herb than it will hurt us even more. If we bring an outside coach he's going to play an entirely different game than what Isiah did and it will set us that much further back onto the journey of success. All we are seeing are the L's. Last year we saw L's without progress. This year we are seeing L's with progress. The problem is that this year should have been last year and we should actually be winning this year. But instead LB set us back and now we're stuck in the mud...

You make a point there. But we can't forget Isiah/Dolan brought brown here. Brown was part of Isiah's plan, once again Isiah's plan back fired on himself.

If Isiah goes, many Knick fans will feel relieved of the stress. We will feel better around the trade deadline knowing no idiotic trades will be passed threw. Its an improvement for the Knick franchise. I wouldn't mind keeping Isiah as a college scout for the team though

paris401

Starter
i agree that brown sux's last year... seemed like he was throwing the year for what purpose (get I.T. fired.. or himself with 40m in his pocket) i don't know.

but we sux this year too.. same record as last year... yesss i see some improvement, but it has not translated into " W's ".. and thats the bottom line.

metrocard

Legend
i agree that brown sux's last year... seemed like he was throwing the year for what purpose (get I.T. fired.. or himself with 40m in his pocket) i don't know.

but we sux this year too.. same record as last year... yesss i see some improvement, but it has not translated into " W's ".. and thats the bottom line.

Agreed, we might as well win, we won't be under the salary under 2008 and thats Isiah's fault. I expect winning, we're not in rebuild mode, so losing is unacceptable. Who has ever heard of tanking the season when the team is over the salary cap for over 2 years with no lottery picks?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Come on now....we aren't in rebuilding mode? I agreed with everything you said until that. We traded away most of our high priced vets to play our rooks and sophs. Besides that most the guys that play are 25 and younger with the exception of marbury, q-rich, and francis. We have one of the youngest teams in the league so we must let the young talent develop. Isiah is the best coach that can coach this team...he put it together, the players are behind him and they are improving. The problem is that fans want to win now without a rebuild period and that's what got us into this cap mess in which layden started us into. We started out with talented draft picks, got a center to build around....now we just need time to mesh...that's not going to happen in one season folks....

metrocard

Legend
Come on now....we aren't in rebuilding mode? I agreed with everything you said until that. We traded away most of our high priced vets to play our rooks and sophs. Besides that most the guys that play are 25 and younger with the exception of marbury, q-rich, and francis. We have one of the youngest teams in the league so we must let the young talent develop. Isiah is the best coach that can coach this team...he put it together, the players are behind him and they are improving. The problem is that fans want to win now without a rebuild period and that's what got us into this cap mess in which layden started us into. We started out with talented draft picks, got a center to build around....now we just need time to mesh...that's not going to happen in one season folks....

To is this everyone, stop with this "One of the youngest teams in the NBA" bull. Just because under Layden we were the oldest, shortest team and now we have three sophmores and two rookies on our team doesn't equal wins. Every TEAM in the god damn NBA has youngsters, its nothing special. What matters is if those youngsters could contribute in the future for the W's.

Isiah seems to flip flop too much to be rebuilding mode. No one knows what direction he's heading to. Isiah has no plan. Why should we lose now? We won't be under the cap until 2008. Losing now would be a WASTE of the season. Are you telling me Isiah is going to tank 5 seasons and wait in 2008 to fix everything again? Whats so special in 2008? Honestly, I've been patient for 3 years already, enough of this shit. Isiah's antics needs to go. We're the only team in the NBA who wants to build around Eddy Curry. Theres a reason why Chicago let him go. He can't lead a winning team, and he won't. He's very talented, but he's not that type of player if you want a winning basketball team. Same with Jamal Crawford, Marbury, Francis, Fyre, Robinson, Jerome James, Jefferies. You don't think of these players when you think of winning basketball.

We need time to mesh? Isiah is making trades every season. If he hadn't made any trades, and he just went with drafting young players, we would be a much better team than now, wouldn't you agree? Stop defending him, he has made the situation WORSE and WORSE every year. Theres no denying that. If Isiah kept what he had before, let contracts expire and made his draft picks we would of been under the cap in 2006. Our future would look much brighter. I would praise Isiah everyday for being a smart GM and not a bozo, and the clown of the NBA.

Do you honestly believe Isiah Thomas, is the best coach alive for the New York Knicks? I can't even acknowledge that.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well I agree with some of the things you just said but there are some major errors in your logic. You are right every team has youngsters on there team but we have Frye, Nate-Rob, and Lee who are all in the roation and are sophs in the league. We have Balkman playing a role now and he's a rookie. So what decent team in the league has a rotation that plays 4 of there draft picks from the past two years? I can't think of one maybe you can.

And I never said tanking the season was an option. Don't you think if he tanked the season that he would get fired? I don't think that's an option for him.

And we aren't building only around Eddy we're also building around Frye, Nate Rob and Lee. Some would put JC in the equation. That's a talented group in my opinion. In the past Eddy has never NEVER played at this level. How many times was Eddy doubled team night in and night out? Never. So it would be smart to build around him now since it looks like his attitude and swagger and physical condition has turned around. Remember Curry is no pushover the man dominated the best defensive center in the league. His defense is a different story but he's made that fact known and hopefully he will improve it.

You are absolutely right if we would have never made a trade and let all the contracts expire then yes we would be in a better situation. But again this is NY. I repeat this is a NY team. Just like what you said in the last couple of posts....you don't want to see this team lose or struggle. Those seasons that were needed for those contracts to expire would be worst than this season. That team that layden put together was pure garbage. That team didn't have talent. Plus we were over the cap so Isiah comes in and has a garbage team, with garbage talent and he gets marbury, JC, and Curry. Then he drafts Frye, Lee, and Nate Rob. That sounds like a dumb GM? That's a competitive team. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think if Isiah had that crystal ball on the table I think he wouldn't have traded all those expiring contracts but this is now. And marbury said they LB wanted francis to weed him out and I.T said that francis was LB's idea. Two opinions are better than one so from now on francis is LB's fault.

No I don't think he's the best coach alive that would be foolish. I said the best coach for this team...as in the roster he put together. LB tried and he failed terribly...you want to try to hand the roster to some other coach so we all can just rip him too? I think not. Words are just words...so you and other people bashing him aren't ruining his day...they don't even know that you all exist so me defending Isiah is neither the right or wrong thing to do.

Again I don't defend anyone and I have no favs on this team. I respect most of your opinion but I think the bozo clown skit is too funny lol.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Well I agree with some of the things you just said but there are some major errors in your logic. You are right every team has youngsters on there team but we have Frye, Nate-Rob, and Lee who are all in the roation and are sophs in the league. We have Balkman playing a role now and he's a rookie. So what decent team in the league has a rotation that plays 4 of there draft picks from the past two years? I can't think of one maybe you can.

And I never said tanking the season was an option. Don't you think if he tanked the season that he would get fired? I don't think that's an option for him.

And we aren't building only around Eddy we're also building around Frye, Nate Rob and Lee. Some would put JC in the equation. That's a talented group in my opinion. In the past Eddy has never NEVER played at this level. How many times was Eddy doubled team night in and night out? Never. So it would be smart to build around him now since it looks like his attitude and swagger and physical condition has turned around. Remember Curry is no pushover the man dominated the best defensive center in the league. His defense is a different story but he's made that fact known and hopefully he will improve it.

You are absolutely right if we would have never made a trade and let all the contracts expire then yes we would be in a better situation. But again this is NY. I repeat this is a NY team. Just like what you said in the last couple of posts....you don't want to see this team lose or struggle. Those seasons that were needed for those contracts to expire would be worst than this season. That team that layden put together was pure garbage. That team didn't have talent. Plus we were over the cap so Isiah comes in and has a garbage team, with garbage talent and he gets marbury, JC, and Curry. Then he drafts Frye, Lee, and Nate Rob. That sounds like a dumb GM? That's a competitive team. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think if Isiah had that crystal ball on the table I think he wouldn't have traded all those expiring contracts but this is now. And marbury said they LB wanted francis to weed him out and I.T said that francis was LB's idea. Two opinions are better than one so from now on francis is LB's fault.

No I don't think he's the best coach alive that would be foolish. I said the best coach for this team...as in the roster he put together. LB tried and he failed terribly...you want to try to hand the roster to some other coach so we all can just rip him too? I think not. Words are just words...so you and other people bashing him aren't ruining his day...they don't even know that you all exist so me defending Isiah is neither the right or wrong thing to do.

Again I don't defend anyone and I have no favs on this team. I respect most of your opinion but I think the bozo clown skit is too funny lol.

None really, Knicks have been playing three sophmores(David Lee, who should be starting on the Sophmore team in the All Star game).

You're right once again, Isiah's options are limited. But Isiah did it to himself, I really believed if Isiah didn't pull the triggers on so many trades he would have more options now, with all the cap space. Instead, he blew the gun on himself. Isiah knows basketball and basketball talent, but he tried too much to turned things around, he didn't come to New York with a plan and a direction and just worsen things for the Franchise. Thats the problem we're facing.

I co-sign, losing is painful, especially since we're fans. But as fans, if we were down to two options, this is a question to all Knick fans here.

Would you have a rebuilding team thats under the cap that has a losing record for the season but theres hope to sign key players in the free agency, and more flexibility in trading?
Or
Would you rather have a team with the highest payroll in the NBA that has a losing record for the reason and does not get under the cap till 2008?

Thats up to you, I just don't want to see the Knicks be terrible in 2007 and 2008. I've been threw tough times in 2002, 2003, 2004,2005...and now 2006...do we really deserve two more years?

We can't predict, we don't know what team we would have right now, we don't know how good or how bad it would be. You don't know or I don't know. But what we do know is that we wouldn't have this roster, and we have a more opportunities to be active in free agency and have more valuable contracts which interest other teams. The Layden roster had expiring contracts, thats why we got Marbury, Crawford, Curry. That roster had no talent, you're right. But the roster had value financially. Thats why Isiah is the worst GM in the NBA. You can make points all day that Isiah has an eye for talent, no one will disagree with you, but as a GM Isiah is a failure my amigo.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Isiah invovled with the scouting for the Knicks, I don't hate him as other people think. We just need to continue to improve. I like David Lee alot, and I admit it, Isiah made me eat my words hard, I wanted to draft Taft over Lee, but Isiah owned with that pick. Now I'm loving everything Lee brings to this team. Things like that make me preech about Isiah. Unfortunately, he's done more wrong than good, so its hard for me to praise his transactions.

We have a nice young core with value between Nate Robinson, Fyre, Lee, Balkman, and Curry. Lets just build from that. Stop making trades if you want to build team chemistry. Only trades Isiah should make from now are trades that will get us under the cap before 2008 or trades for additional draft picks. If Isiah does this, I'm happy with his work of 2007.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Well said. And yes I am the fan that wants to rebuild. Then again we are a minority of knick fans because Isiah knew coming here that the fans want to win now. Rebuilding isn't an option for the common knick fan. I mean look at this forum. People on this forum want blood for all these loses ever since the championship games since the spurs. We want the best for our team but that is bliss. Championships take years and years to build and we're on the right track with that. This is Isiah's team and he has a plan. We might not know but he has a plan somewhere up in his head. If he didn't we wouldn't have the youth movement that we're having right now. We're moving in the right direction but what I am against is firing isiah. In my opinion that will destroy in continuity that we have going right now. Yes losing is bad but as long as we're improving then I can't ask for much more. Firing Isiah isn't going to do anything but add more time for us to get back on our feet.

metrocard

Legend
Well said. And yes I am the fan that wants to rebuild. Then again we are a minority of knick fans because Isiah knew coming here that the fans want to win now. Rebuilding isn't an option for the common knick fan. I mean look at this forum. People on this forum want blood for all these loses ever since the championship games since the spurs. We want the best for our team but that is bliss. Championships take years and years to build and we're on the right track with that. This is Isiah's team and he has a plan. We might not know but he has a plan somewhere up in his head. If he didn't we wouldn't have the youth movement that we're having right now. We're moving in the right direction but what I am against is firing isiah. In my opinion that will destroy in continuity that we have going right now. Yes losing is bad but as long as we're improving then I can't ask for much more. Firing Isiah isn't going to do anything but add more time for us to get back on our feet.

All the Knick fans I know are tired of this team, they just want to rebuild and start a fresh new page.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Yes we are all tired of this team now but again...everyone knows that NYC and the knicks is a win now city. Ask anyone...I'm just stating facts...