Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marbury + Francis = DISASTER

Nyk Logo Marbury + Francis = DISASTER

Does anyone remember that poll during the preseason about the forcast of the knicks backcourt. I wish we can put that back up so that everyone will select DISASTER. It is absurd that the starting backcourt which is getting almost $40 mil combined can only manage to hit 1 Field Goal. ONE!! Its about time Isiah realizes this and takes action. Hes not acting like a coach on the brink of getting fired. If it take benching your so called stars to get a W then he should make the sacrafice. Its ridiculous how everygame they fall behind they need their backups to bring them back. Lets get what were paying for or else get them the hell out of here. The starting lineup should consist of who deserves to play not who is getting payed the most. 4 out of the 5 starters right now are getting outplayed by their subs. Lets do the right thing and fix the problem before its too late.

I agree. To have a backcourt that makes this much money go 1-10 combined? It's not only ridiculous but disgusting. Guys need to earn their minutes. As a reserve you watch Marbury take up 30+ minutes a a game, you'd get frustrated knowing that he does nothing to justify this. I say that you bench him till he plays better.

Nyk Logo Marbury's wise words

Marbury: "We're Getting Better In Spurts"
    14th November, 2006 - 1:30 am
    ...“I’m probably being too laid back,” added Marbury. “I’m trying to do something that I’ve never done before.

“I believe in what Isiah is trying to do.”

In saying that hes trying to do something that hes never done before I think hes talking about winning. Hes right he has never won before and really doesnt know how. Isnt that too bad. Get him out of here! at least he knows and admits hes a loser, has never won and will never win

"I ll bench anyone"-Isiah, exactly what does somebody have to do to get benched? Ive pretty much defended every knick at some point,especially Marbury,but its becoming harder and harder to do this.When will Thomas learn,close defeats mean nothing.2-6 just stinks,bottom line.its UNACCEPTABLE.As for the backcourt last night,Steph sucked,what can i say?we got bigger problems than i thought.

So much for the, "best backcourt in the NBA". I had expressed my reservations about this pairing before. Now we are seeing the results. It is unfortunate that it has turned out like this. Some people were predicting playoffs this season, looks like Chicago will another lottery pick in the next draft instead.

Default marbury

I agree that the backcourt has been painfully disappointing, but let's not forget that Steph has had problems with his shoulder since Wally World knocked him out, and Francis is playing on a slightly bum ankle as of right now.

I Know what your saying about Stephs shoulder and Francis ankle.But lets be honest,we re just making excuses for these guys.They ve done next to nothing for the knicks in the time they ve been here.Both guys are living and getting paid on their past reputations.Marbury claims to bleed orange and blue and "wants to die a knick".If this is true a bad shoulder should mean nothing to him,he should call up Willis Reed and ask him how to play with an injury.They should just be cast aside to the bench to talk about how their gonna spend their money and watch a guy like Nate Robinson pay with some heart.

It's not about making excuses.
    Isiah is creating a serious double standard.
    One - he is telling marbury he has to take a backseat and distribute then he lets nate, francis and JC jack up shots etc.
    8 times of out 10 - if marbury takes the ball to the hole - he either
    1. Makes it AND 1
    2. Makes it
    3. Doesn't make it but gets to the foul line

Why is isiah not using marbury's talent?
    Isiah was the same as him - a scoring PG
    Look at his stats
    Isiah jacked up about 1250 shots a season scoring around 20pts and 9 assists a game.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Marbury is at his best when he is aggressive getting to the basket, scoring at will, running the pick n roll for easy baskets and setting up teammates for wide open shots after a drive and kick out...

There are only 2 reasons why i think isiah might be doing this
    1. - a trade is brewing so he wants to showcase the talent we have
    2. - He wants to prove to Dolan that the guys he brought here have talent, and that is not Marbury alone that is making the team do well.

Told yall this backcourt would FAIL and SUCKS

4. Marbury causes an offensive foul.

Is it just me or Marbury, Francis and Crawford have been causing a lot of offensive fouls?

marbury is playing differently he should just play like he did wen he came to the knicks

patience people patience...you have to realize francis and marbury have played with each other for less than a quarter of a season. Practice play with each other helps but there is no test of chemistry than the real game. After marbury steps up here in a couple of games and frye is starting to improve already...soon everybody will stop the fire and trade rants and start praising people...

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    patience people patience...you have to realize francis and marbury have played with each other for less than a quarter of a season. Practice play with each other helps but there is no test of chemistry than the real game. After marbury steps up here in a couple of games and frye is starting to improve already...soon everybody will stop the fire and trade rants and start praising people...
    yea I know, but I hate to break it to you: this franchise can longer ask for patience from its fans. Its win or blow up the team. Anything below a 4th playoff seed is grounds for complete destruction.

Asking fans for patience would have been cool 3-4 years ago. But not anymore. This is NEW YORK F'n CITY. Not Miami or New Orleans.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Yeah true, but NY has the worst fans in the league. Why do you think Phil Jackson wanted no parts of the Knicks? The media and the fans! I agree we need patients but in order for the Knicks to have a future they will have to make trades. Be it Marbury,Francis, Frye or who ever. All of our guys are decent players but none of them will be all-stars. I think that's what the Knicks are missing. I'd much rather see Steph get 25 pts and 3 assits than 16 and 4. Even though the 16 and 4 is good for a PG. There is no one that can put the team on their back.

Nyk Logo :(

I do agree that its not working out, they are both trying to "not rush anything", they have that less is more attitude and its not good, they have to take control and take charge just like francis did in one pre season game when he exploded for 38 points, one of them could probably do that every night if they wanted too, one should distribute and the other should score, they should play a couple of 2 on 2s in practice together so they learn to play with one another or something cause it has been very dissapointing so far...