Apology To Larry Brown Section

I would like all of you Isiah Thomas suck ups on this site to sign in here and offer your deepest heartfelt apologies for slamming Larry Brown and defending Isiah Thomas.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12032006/sports/knicks/the_frye_is_falling_knicks_marc_berman.htm

The idea of trading Channing Frye last season was blasphemy - as much as Larry Brown tried. ... Frye appears to have lost his status as one of Thomas' chief building blocks -

<<===>>

BROKEN HOME

December 3, 2006 - The Garden is officially the Knicks' house of horrors. "The World's Most Famous Arena" is now "The World's Least Feared Home Court." The Knicks' long-anticipated six-game homestand against six sub-.500 clubs began last night in disgrace.

OK people, let the groveling begin:

Starks

Starter
Dear Mr. Brown,

On behalf of the faction of Knick fans who are disatsisfied with "glimmers of improvement" in each loss, I would like to extend our apologies for the fiasco that was last season.

Your illustrious coaching career will surley be dampened by what occured last year. It is unfortunate that you name will forverer be attached to the Knicks contemporary "Dark Ages". You were very much apart of the disaster last year, and your demand for a disheartening amount of money in retribution did not go unotied by us. However, many of us feel that you could have been an even bigger part to the soloution; a much more bigger part than Isiah Thomas and James Dolan could ever be by any stretch of th imagination.

Knick fans have been given a bad rap as of late. The reckless cheering for Nate Robinson has been extremely detrimental to his development into a proffesional basketball player, Stephon Marbury is still trying to do everything you wanted him to do, Channing Frye is starting to look like the next Charles Smith, and our future is the dimmest in the NBA.

We know you won't ever step foot in New York again, which might be better for everyone, but as a fan of basketball, I really hope you coach again. I would like you to prove to everyone that you really can take any bad team and turn them into a playoff threat. Please coach the Raptors after they fire Sam Mitchell so that we can still share the same division again.

Regards,
embattled and depressed Knick fans of New York

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
On behalf of all THE REAL KNICKS FANS I'd like to tell the three of you, Starks, BRING_BACK_LARRY_BROWN and the actual Larry Brown to go f*#k your selves!!! It's typical of you guys to put this $h^t together. Larry Brown tore this team apart to the point that it imploded. There was no consistancy under his watch. The line up changes, on camera beef, all unprofessional. Thomas isn't much of a coach but he will end this season with a better record then the old guy that got our money. Frye is injured dip$h^t!!! I supose you think benching Curry, our only true center was a good idea. One of many screw ups from coach Moneybags Brown.

Starks

Starter
awwww someone got offended lol

look face it, theres always gona be a war between who dispute what a "REAL FAN" is. Theres a faction of fans that hate everything this team has become, and are not satisfied with the little cute improvements that happend with the team in every loss. BUT I REPEAT, "EVERY LOSS". And after the losses pile up to the amount they have since Van Gundy left us, then there is simply no more lee-way for these so called "improvements" Yea, I see them compared to last year's team, but Thomas was clearly told that he better turn this trash around this year, or hes gone. And I hate to say it, but Wins are all anyone cares about.

An example of good Management compared to bad can be found in our own city. 2 Years ago, the New York Mets were a team that as as pitufyl as the Knicks. Bad contracts to washups (MO VAUGHN for example), Fans calling for heads to roll, Shea Stadium being empty...same stuff with the Knicks. And what to they do, they bring in Omar Minyaya, a hard nosed "Fuk you, all i care about is keeping the fans happy with wins kind of guy" and look what happens, two years later the METS are one win awaty from being in the World Sereis, and are loaded with a roster that can guarantee winning a divison each year for the next decade. Now the Mets are feared and won over tons of satelite fans across the US.

The Knicks revenue is biger than the mets. The payroll is bigger. The fans are probably more plentiful. And it has been over 5 years since we have even been respectable. Think about that. I WANT EVERYONE OF THE USERS ON THIS SITE TO REALLY HTINK ABOUT THAT. I'll wait...

So if you want to sit around with 'cheerleader' goggles and say that your not ASHAMED of your favorite team, then I think you have to ask yourself if your really a FAN, or just a cheerleader.

If you were a business owner and were satisfied with your product, the knicks, then you need to seriosuly enroll in an MBA program.
I'm not touching on what it takes to call yourself a real fan, but we all are. look at all the time we spend on this site for crying out loud. lol

I'm not attackin ya bro, im just trying to defend the half of knick fans that are on my side: The ashamed side.

naterob4

Benchwarmer
wow do u here yourself. ure sayin URE a true knicks fan...u come on here and talk about how u think the knicks are a disgrace. f u. i do get dissapointed and frustrated with how we play, to many turnovers, dumb fouls, not rebounding in crucial times. but i am def never ashamed to be a knicks fan. when people tell me how the knicks suck and shit i dont agree with them like a little pussy, im not ashamed to still love them. u two are fucking gay to say ure ashamed of the knicks. ure a bunch of pussies. how can u not remember last season under larry?, how many times were we down more then 10 and never even tried to come back, how many times would larry throw away games to prove a point and not try to come back? and how many times have the knicks had a spirited comeback, the whole team together wanting to come back and win, not giving up? ill tell ya, every game except two, on the road @ minnesota and the game steph sat with the towl over his head aggainst chicago. isiah doesnt give up on games, he works the lineup till we get what fits, and tries to come back, larry didnt care about this team just like u fuckheads dont care about this team. true knicks fans arnt ashamed to be fans when there down, they are there no matter what, i guess weve found out two fake fans on this forum. pussies.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
You know,the guy who got millions for "leading" us to 23 wins last season.Moves around a lot.Used to have a reputation as a great coach.Remember,the guy who fell out with most of the roster,tried negotiating trades behind his owner and gms backs..ya that larry sure was special.....

Correction

You know,the guy who got millions for "leading" us to 23 wins last season.Moves around a lot.Used to have a reputation as a great coach.Remember,the guy who fell out with most of the roster,tried negotiating trades behind his owner and gms backs..ya that larry sure was special.....

Correction: that would be HALL OF FAME COACH, Larry Brown.
http://www.hoophall.com/halloffamers/brown_larry.htm

I guess in the little pinheaded world in which you live it will be Larry Brown's fault when Isiah Thomas finally gets his dumb ass kicked out of New York.

Starks

Starter
wow do u here yourself. ure sayin URE a true knicks fan...u come on here and talk about how u think the knicks are a disgrace. f u. i do get dissapointed and frustrated with how we play, to many turnovers, dumb fouls, not rebounding in crucial times. but i am def never ashamed to be a knicks fan. when people tell me how the knicks suck and shit i dont agree with them like a little pussy, im not ashamed to still love them. u two are fucking gay to say ure ashamed of the knicks. ure a bunch of pussies. how can u not remember last season under larry?, how many times were we down more then 10 and never even tried to come back, how many times would larry throw away games to prove a point and not try to come back? and how many times have the knicks had a spirited comeback, the whole team together wanting to come back and win, not giving up? ill tell ya, every game except two, on the road @ minnesota and the game steph sat with the towl over his head aggainst chicago. isiah doesnt give up on games, he works the lineup till we get what fits, and tries to come back, larry didnt care about this team just like u fuckheads dont care about this team. true knicks fans arnt ashamed to be fans when there down, they are there no matter what, i guess weve found out two fake fans on this forum. pussies.

what are you, like 12?? Ladies Gents, take a good look at the above comment from this "Naterob" guy..

And we wonder why there are news articles about Knick fans losing respectablity...

I rest my case.

Starks

Starter
oh and on a side note... jepordizing my job by spending all thi stime on a Knick fan forum, having a knick themed blogspot, dumping girls who couldn't tolerate my hissy fits after a knick loss, basing nearly my entire childhood on a kid's love for a basketball team, waiting outside the elevators when Isaiha Thomas was at Two Pen Plaza when I used to work there, bidding an insane amount of money on Knick items during the annual bidding, and still being severley depressed over Ewing's botched fingerroll" vs the Pacers..... um yea, im not a fan

so don't take shit too personal pal, but DON'T EVER EVER EVBER EVER VERE VER EVER deny my love for this team. I'm a bigger fan than anyone on the planet, and thats why I'm fed up with the product on the garden floor.

the short version: get bent

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Dear Larry Brown,

I would like to apologize that the 18.5 Million dollar cheque cleared. Sorry as well that no franchise would touch you if you were water and they were on fire. Please tender a letter of exceptance. We, the Knicks faithful will collectively hold our breath, until you respond with your forgiveness.

Why don't you turn the page on this I'm speaking for Larry Brown nonsense. 1 time was mildly entertaining. Everything else screams restraining order or Psyche ward. Seriously, turn the page. Your gimmick is past it's expiration date. As well feel free to show respect for Hall of Famer, Isiah Thomas. Who made it there 2 years PRIOR to LB in 2000.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
brown good coach but is not suited to the knicks

brown definetely deserves to be hall of famer coach, he is done alot, but there is no way he was the right man for the job, and this was a terrible decision by the board to appoint him. The players were less conservative than Brown was used to, and he had Isiah 'buy crap contracts' doing stupid things, and giving him 4 similar players to fit in 2 positions. I.T ruined this team not Larry Brown. LB has been discredited for being part of this team, and it is unlikely he will get another pro nba coaching job.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I disagree...yes he had some poor contracts on this team but one thing that this team doesn't lack is talent. There were times that it looked like he was sabotaging the team on purpose...that's how bad he was coaching. Frye was putting up great numbers last year and could have gotten rookie of the year if he had more PT but he didn't because LB doesn't believe in playing rookies. He would red hot shooters on the bench for no reason. So no...I don't apologize. Yes he's a hall of fame coach but that doesn't change the fact that he was straight garbage juice as our coach last year. Everyone knows he's a hall of fame coach...it's the way he handles himself and hussles every team for cash. Nevertheless he has the same amount of rings as Stan Van Gundy and at the end of the day that's what it comes down to...can you win the rings. And it's the end of the day and I only see one on his finger. Pat Riley, Popovich, Jackson, and Auerbach...these guys one championships. LB has only one...am I surprised that he only won 23 games for us last year? Yes...he was supposed to change this franchise around but instead his stubborn ways lead to his all-supreme exit from this franchise. He can't coach real talent...that's his problem. He's too old school and can't compromise with his personnel. A coach is supposed to take the cards that he's given and make the best of it and take fulfill his team's potential by putting up numbers in the W column. But that number being 23 isn't cutting it...

Isiah has the mix of old school with a hint of new school that the players he has on his team now actually want to play for this franchise again. That is the difference. Isiah is not necessarily the better coach but he's more suited for this situaton than LB. Everyone is just mad that he was horrible as our coach, sent our team to the bottom, and is still not coaching anywhere as we speak. I think that speaks for itself...

donchris

That duchbag started this topic because he ran out of things to do. Brown was the worse coach the Knicks had ever seen. We were already guard heavy and the old guy decides to trade Penny for Francis, the single most stupid trade move in basketball history. So you are sorry for what? Every one complains about the salary cap. Larry Brown added to it by bringing in Jalen and Steve. Two players he later benched. I wouldn't have to rehash all of this if you guys knew what you were talking about prior to starting a stupid topic. The list of Brown screw ups goes on and on. The funny thing is Larry Brown has screwed this team up more in one year than Thomas has in 4 years and you want to offer thoughtless apologies?

Allen

Benchwarmer
I'm actually sorry that Larry Brown was treated the way he was treated by Dolan and Isiah.

He is widely credited as being the man that could turn failing franchises around. If you talk to gms, coaches and players around the NBA they will tell you, that this guy is one of the best coaches out there. Larry Brown won't be judged too harshly by how he did with the Knicks. They will probably see it as an abboration and he will be in the Hall of fame.

paris401

Starter
. We were already guard heavy and the old guy decides to trade Penny for Francis, the single most stupid trade move in basketball history.

i thought brown did a lousy job last year... but i was under the impression that the g.m. makes the trades... and that would be thomas.. brown mite have pushed to get franchise, but I.T. agreed on the players/terms etc..

but hey.. there is a plenty of blame to go around brown,thomas... oh yea and lets not forget.. the players...

A Public Appology Is Expected From Isiah Thomas

You guys are totally amazing. Please tell me ... now that Larry Brown is no longer coaching the team, who's responsible for the losses? You retards are willing to blame Larry Brown for being with the team for one coaching season and being unable to do anything with the pathetic bunch of slugs that Isiah Thomas himself has been unable to anything with. This is ISIAH's TEAM. HE PUT IT TOGETHER all by himself.

Will you morons hold Isiah Thomas accountable for anything related to the team's state of affairs? We're talking about the head chief in charge of trades and negotiations.

Isiah Thomas owes a public apology to Larry Brown for throwing him under the bus, and being an arrogant back stabber who is all too happy trying to shift the blame of his ignorance and mismanagement of the Knicks on to Larry Brown.

The only people who are stupid enough to believe that are a small handful of little Isiah minions on this site. GET A BRIAN.

Last edited:

donchris

i thought brown did a lousy job last year... but i was under the impression that the g.m. makes the trades... and that would be thomas.. brown mite have pushed to get franchise, but I.T. agreed on the players/terms etc..

but hey.. there is a plenty of blame to go around brown,thomas... oh yea and lets not forget.. the players...

No this one does no go on Thomas. As a GM or leader of an organization you have to trust the people around you. If Thomas rejected all of Brown's requests than Thomas would have been at falt for the loses and would have hendered Brown's ability to coach the team. You've got to give a coach what he needs. In this case, Brown didn't know what he needed. He benched the guys he demanded to get, then according to management, goes behind their backs go make trades. That is all on Brown!

BBLB, No one is blaming this years losses on Larry Brown. The losses are what they are but any one with half a brain should be able to see that we didn't need Rose or Francis. 16 million a year coming off the bench. Get off of Brown's nuts!

paris401

Starter
No this one does no go on Thomas. As a GM or leader of an organization you have to trust the people around you. If Thomas rejected all of Brown's requests than Thomas would have been at falt for the loses and would have hendered Brown's ability to coach the team. You've got to give a coach what he needs. In this case, Brown didn't know what he needed. He benched the guys he demanded to get, then according to management, goes behind their backs go make trades. That is all on Brown!

BBLB, No one is blaming this years losses on Larry Brown. The losses are what they are but any one with half a brain should be able to see that we didn't need Rose or Francis. 16 million a year coming off the bench. Get off of Brown's nuts!

donchris.. i agree with most of yours... the g.m. has to try and give the coach the pieces he feels he needs to win... and brown wanted both rose and franchise (why... maybe BBLB can answer that.. since he is the one with the 'brian')... b u t ... the actual 'deal' was done by I.T. we can argue the rose deal, but the franchise deal... orlando gave him to us for 'Free' (and not world b.) we gave em penny , who was cut immediately, and trevor ... and we got 40 odd million of salary. i just think that I.T. could have gotten better terms/a draft choice... something... but i was not in the room when brown/thomas had their discussions... so i can't apportion the blame.. but as i said in a previous post... blame... there's plenty to go around.. peace