Does Marbury finally get it?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I read this earlier. It goes to what I've been saying all along. Marbury has no problem passing the ball or with some one out shining him or out scoring him. The issue is the transition of being he man and only scoring option to turning the off switch and passing the ball. That's not a minor transition for a guy who's been the man all of his carrer. I really hope Curry emerges as the most dominate Center in the league as a Knick. If this happens there is no doubt that Marbury's assits to Curry will go up. Way up!

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
i really hope marbury has grown up. And curry can emerge as a consistent super star centre. If marbury continues passing, this means we could have a consistent ppass first point guard, and another player could emerge as a consistent 20 point scoring option. If Marbury continues doing this he could be off the knicks trading block, and francis would lose his position

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
It seems like he is finally understanding that the Knicks can go very far with Eddy Curry as the go to guy. I think that he realize that if the Knicks are ever going to contend for a title, they will need Curry to dominate. He also realizes that Isiah is not afraid to have him sit if he isn't willing to give the ball to Curry.

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Ive destroyed Marbury in previous posts for his overall contribution.He came into this season as having never played on a team,having not been THE man.So obviously,this new pass first mentality that zeke wanted from him was gonna take time to get used to.Allthough im still far from convinced that he can become a valuable asset in this role,I gotta give the guy some credit for making the attempt at being more of a team player.Who knows,there may be hope for him yet.If Curry and Q continue to play well,and Steph can keep his ego in check,things are definitely looking up.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
With the exception of the 4th quarter, i really like what ive been seein from the knicks. Not only Marbury, but francis also is doing a good job of sharing the ball. These 2 guys dont have to score that much, maybe between 10-15 points a game and it appears theyve finally realized that. I think they can go far if they keep improving each week. Marbury may finally become a winner but hes gotta play good defense again against glibert and the wizards tomorrow night. Knicks goin all the way in 06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well not yet, i get too excited sometimes but maybe next year

metrocard

Legend
he has been on a few wrong teams... and since he is owed 41m over the next 2 years, he somehow has to make the knicks 'the rite team'

I agree, but Marbury is that kind of guy who could take over when he wants to. Marbury's game is on point. He creates shot for himself and his teammates. Marbury's speed has slowed down, but I believe he needs to attack the basket more if he wants to be "Starbury" again. Both Marbury and Francis need to stop over dribbling and create more.

os2wiz

Rookie
Marbury is a good guy and an excellent player. He's just on the wrong team.

Are you joking?? Utter inane drivel. Marbury has not gooten it and never will get it. He has a zero basketball IQ . He would have done better if he ahd played at least 2 more years of college ball before he went pro. He never had the discipline of playing the point the right way. He is rarely a facilitator or playmaker. Every team has gotten Marbury's number by doubling him as crashes into the paint. This sorry fool has yet to realize that the team does NOT revolve
around him. Look at him scouling on the bench with a towel on his head as the youing unjaded players make the effort he won't.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
You should try watching a game before you make comments that don't apply. We are asking our best player to pass of the ball. The majority of what Marbury is doing out there is passing and getting assits. You can't have it both ways. He's ether going to shoot or pass. The ideal situation for Marbury is for he and Curry to do all the scoring and every one else play D and shoot when Marbury gets them the ball. All of this stuff about his lack of basket ball IQ is trash talk nothing more.

metrocard

Legend
Are you joking?? Utter inane drivel. Marbury has not gooten it and never will get it. He has a zero basketball IQ . He would have done better if he ahd played at least 2 more years of college ball before he went pro. He never had the discipline of playing the point the right way. He is rarely a facilitator or playmaker. Every team has gotten Marbury's number by doubling him as crashes into the paint. This sorry fool has yet to realize that the team does NOT revolve
around him. Look at him scouling on the bench with a towel on his head as the youing unjaded players make the effort he won't.

You need basketball IQ to play in the NBA. I think you're trying to say Marbury doesn't have the best basketball IQ as a PG in the NBA.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Marbury is showing signs of life. If he takes responsibility and decides to lead this team.....Oh boy! I think that there is less pressure on him as well now that Francis isn't really in the picture as well. Any thoughts?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Starbury ballin outta control???

Damn, sounds like Steph is straight ballin'. I know I've been Steph's biggest critic, but if he can drop 30 two nights in a row and the Knicks can knock of one of the top teams in the west, its all good. Maybe these guys are sick of everybody clownin' them and are ready to ball. David Lee 15/20. I stand corrected this guy needs to be on the floor. Was up with Eddie??? Damn the NBA needs flex tv schedules cause the Knicks are on the map now. Stern thinks he is the NBA??? The PLAYERS make the league MR STERN. Scraps break out in a hoop game sometimes. Sorry some of your precious reporters need to look out. George Karl can go to hell too. Did Isiah say stay out of the paint??? The old Knicks are coming back. NO EASY BUCKETS!!!! The OAK would be proud. GO KNICKS!!!

Last edited: