Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channing Trade rumors!!

Rumor Channing Trade rumors!!

With the emergence of Curry, Lee and Q-Rich; and a log jam of score first guards, like many of you have said, it seem like Channing's offensive usefulness makes him expendable. Now it seems that some of the league has noticed and may try to grab him on the cheap.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Even though Frye's had a difficult start should he be traded?

If so would NYK regret letting him go down the road? (example Jermaine O'Neal - was traded from Portland after a few insignificant seasons. He later turns out to be one of the premier big men in the league.)

If you wouldn't trade him what role should he play with the current team?

I would not trade him.
    I can see him and Curry in the post with Curry passing the ball to him or Fry passing it to Curry. Since it seems David Lee doesn't need the Ball to be usefull, that wouldn't interfere with david lee. except in minutes. Jared jeffries is our starting small foward. If we're going to build from the inside, I'd do that, and have teh guard's roles more limited. At least one of our four shooting guard point guards has to go. The future isn't with any of them, except for maybe Nate and Crawford.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

I've always thought Frye was over rated. Don't get me wrong, out of all the guys Thomas had a chance to draft, Frye was a good pick but that does not make him untradable as many Knicks fans seem to think. He's young and has poetential but I'd go for the trade. If week keep Frye he should come off the bench. Forget about all the starting stuff. Frye is not an all-star and is not showing flashes of becoming one. He is a decent player off of the bench as is David Lee. We keep tring to elevate these guys but they are just role players. That being said, if another team thinks they can bring in one of our guys and is willing to trade us a proven starter, so be it.

If the lakers were willing to give up Odom for Frye - u know the kid has got to be something special - he's going thru a rough patch right now...

I wouldn't trade him unless its for KG at the trading deadline this season.

Don't trade him unless we dump bad contracts as well!

Yes there are rumours floating around about Frye for Gooden. Frye though is younger, cheaper, and has more upside. Gooden is inconsistent, so that's why once again this year he finds himself on the block.

this link gives a take, from the Cavs perspective. Gooden though a hard rebounder can disappear at times. As well, if he's lacking in the success department on the same team as LeBron James, I definetly have issue with Gooden coming here.

Oh! Everyone that has a chance check this out:

Last edited by dr.carpy; Dec 04, 2006 at 15:00.

I dont question channing fryes talent dispite his slow start, ive seen what he can do and he seems very positive and motivated to reach his full potential and become the best player he can. I still dont know if the knicks need to make a trade. They cant win at home but it does look like they're starting to develop some chemistry. These guys want to win, they just choke down the stretch at home but once they get throught that theyve already proven they can play on the road. we'll see what happens

Default Trade Frye

Yes i would trade Frye fast before he loses his stock. He already has lost some of it and the longer we wait the less we will get.

i think we should package him up in a deal for Garnett and revive the Marbury and KG show in Madison Square Garden! Now that would put bums on seats and give us a winning combo!

Or try to get that Odom for Frye deal happening again. i can see odom in the knicks.

But don't even think of Gooden for Frye. Hasn't IT learned from all his crap deals? This would just add to it plus i can't see Gooden in a Knicks uniform.

Just make sure we keep Starbury and Curry. They are the face of the Knicks now. it seems the Knicks are showing some signs of chemistry with Curry leading the charge and Marbury can be the distributor. Sure Marbury will lose points, but we got Baby Shaq now. Just add Garnett and we could have signs of a championship team!

I also would like to see Jefferies, Lee and maybe Balkman kept in the knicks for their defense as we really need defense bad. way too many scorers!

Lets bring back the heart and toughness that New York had in the early 90's with Ewing, Starks, Mason, Oakley etc!

I agree with Trin Starr that Knicks should only trade Frye for KG. Last year, Frye's biggest problem was his rebounding and I think that he has really been working on that this season. I don't think that Knicks should give up on him just yet UNLESS we're getting KG in return.

Veteran

Originally Posted by e_D
    Don't trade him unless we dump bad contracts as well!
    The pieces are falling into place. Eddie Curry has been huge, Lee looks like he's won the starting PF spot, Balkman is set to return and should improve the team defense. Q should be our starting SG. Now we need to address the PG question and get rid of some of these bad contracts in one fell swoop, packaging Frye in a deal with Marbury/Francis or JC might be a way to resolve the over crowded back court situation.

im starting to feel as if frye is not needed, david lee is a better fit just because he is the better passer, its like frye and curry don't know how to pass the ball and you cant have 2 players like dat, i'll trade frye for a shot blocker

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Ever since Frye was drafted, I have always said that he is overhyped. His game is one-dimensional (excellent mid-range jumper)... he doesn't rebound, post up nor is he a defensive presence. During the sumemr I called for us to trade him while he still had value. I have always said that Lee deserves to start ahead of him.

If we can get Odom or Gooden, I say jump on it, but try to get KG first. If we're able to throw in Marbury or Francis in that deal, that would be all the frosting this cake needs.

Pull thr trigger Isiah!!!

Default Francis or Marbury?

Seems like the majority want a KG for Frye deal to happen.
    i don't mind getting rid of some of these bad contracts as well with Frye, but a lot of you want to package either Francis or Marbury to go with Frye. Not bad, but if i had to package either one of them the definite answer would be to give the Wolves Francis. Marbury has already displayed a chemistry with KG and a oot fo experts called it the next coming of Malone and Stockton. Might be far fetched, but Marbury is New York native and loves this city and he and KG are buddies. We don't have time to wait for Frye to develop as we need a contributor now and KG is the man for the job. We as fans have waited too long for the knicks to build and it seems like a never ending story. get a superstar now and we will have a legitimate shot at a championship.
    KG always said he always wanted a stronger supporting cast in the Wolves and New York is missing the go to guy we desperately need. This is the best move, otherwise lets go after Odom again. Please do not go after Gooden. David Lee is good enough. we need our role players and David Lee is showing he is a perfect fit. We do not need Gooden and he doesn't suit the Knicks anyway. Frye is our last chance at getting the frachise player we need. lets not waste him on Gooden.

JESUS CHRIST!! KG Isnt going anywhere. end of story. now lets move on

Veteran

Originally Posted by Starks
    JESUS CHRIST!! KG Isnt going anywhere. end of story. now lets move on
    AGREE.... also staying put are 'the franchise' (owed 36+m) and 'towelhead' (owed 41m).

our strongest trading chip is q-rich, and i hope he stays put..