GAME THREAD - 12/06/06 - 7:30pm - Knicks vs Wizards

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

7:30 PM, Monday, December 6th, 2006
Madison Square Garden, New York, NY

knicks_logo.gif

NEW YORK KNICKS (7-13)
3099.jpg
3325.jpg
3417.jpg
3956.jpg
3514.jpg

MARBURY---FRANCIS---RICHARDSON---LEE---CURRY
vs
wizards_logo.gif

WASHINGTON WIZARDS(7-10)
3540.jpg
3422.jpg
3608.jpg
3247.jpg
3411.jpg

ARENAS---STEVENSON---BUTLER---JAMISON---THOMAS

Knicks Team Stats
Knicks Team Notes

Wizards Team Stats
Wizards Team Notes

TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The Knicks have the first chance this game as their opponents are winless on the road. Last month they lost two games in Charlotte, and although they have a better record (7-10), we saw two nights ago a flash at the garden, a sign of things to change. If Curry, Lee and Richardson play as good as they did up until now, and Marbury is willing to assist, then New York should get an easy win here
On the other hand, i again bet some money on the knicks, and i have to win eventually

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Really need a win tonight to get some kinda streak going.Not gonna be easy though.Unless our guys play solid D,Arenas is liable to go nuts and then we`re in real trouble.Overall I really like our chances against Washington and expect a win.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
down by 11 at halftime.. it's incredible how good the wizards are from the 3
we need to pay more attention at turnovers and fouls!!

BallHead

Benchwarmer
NYKs look flat. Gave up 66 at the half. O'LAY Defense in full effect and massive turnovers. Wizards are unconcious from the 3pt line. Don't look good. Trying to remain hopeful.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
shit wizards shot well, our defence should have been better. Curry had another good game, he has been very consistent as of late

Starks

Starter
I dont care how well Curry is playing. This team is stocked with enough "moral Wins" It's time to ask for something tangable. I could care less if you can score 100 with Curry...if we get an L at the end of the game, it doesn't mean shit at this point.

KUDOS to the fans booooooooooing them like i hae never seen before. On a side note, does anyone else find the "Take me home song" ironically hysterical since the Knicks obviosuly have no interest in playing at MSG. ha!

Allen

Benchwarmer
One step forward and two steps back is the story of the knicks. Every time we think there is some progress being made this happens. There was no defense what so ever and Arenas and Jamison just picked these guys apart.

I'm glad that whoever was left at MSG is booing and started a fire Isiah chant.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn NY fans ease up a lil bit, washington were contested shots all day, there is no way u can fault the knicks, gilbert and antwan was on their A game, when both of them is on is hard to stop em

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
im an aussie, and watched the game over the internet. Gilbert, and Jamison were hitting everything. There was one play where G.A had both Balkman and Marbury in his face and he hit it. The defence should have been better, but i liked some parts of what I saw from the knicks, a bit better than last year. We ar third in the atlantic, and there is still plenty of time for us to make up the ground. Why the hell were the knicks fans booing all the players, its a wonder they dont win at home, Its true itis a mental thing. Watch they will probably have a bad homestand against bad quality teams, but will win on road against both types of teams. Cheer them, support them. There is a future.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
would all the fake fanz sit the hell down

goddam this state has went 2 sh*t. out of all u guys that were saying we didnt play defense @ all, how many of you watched the full game? the knicks defense all and all wasnt half as bad as ur makin it sound. they were contesting shots all nite. arenas n jamison were on fire. they would have scorched any team in the league last nite with the way they were hittin 3's. did u forget the wizards just snapped the mavs 12 game win streak. the kincks gave it their best. watch some games n ud kno that

one thing tho i dont really understand is why crawford was getting that many minutes in crunch time when he was ice cold. while one of our main spark plugs, nate, sat and watched on the side line. jamal played awful last nite and in situations like that i dont know why we dont dig into our very deep roster of guards to replace him. anyone else notice that?

all i gotta say is when we get jeffries back the atlantic division (as sh*tty as it is) is in trouble. i just hope all u fake knick fans aint booin n chantin 'fire thomas' once we're in the playoffs. u were already booin @ the draft @ made the state look like a bunch of a$$holes in front of a national audience. renaldo balkman has showed why isiah took him with our 1st pick, so all of u choked on that one. i cant wait til all u disloyal knick fanz are back on the bandwagon once were in 1st place. until then keep embarrasing the state of new york.

paris401

Starter
luv Thomas or hate him, one thing it seems he can spot talent coming out of college.

frye,lee,nate,balkman... mite not be a kobe there, but there certainly ain't no fredic weis in there either...

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Sxmarbury516 is right.Arenas and Jamison would have kicked the shit out of anyone last night.Not making excuses or anything,but Washington just played great,simple as that.The knicks performance wasnt as bad as many are making it out to be.I dont think our record is a fair reflection on this team at all.The fans chanting for Thomas to go need to calm down and take a close look at just how well Washington were shooting from 3pt range.Im not sayin Thomas is a great or even a good coach,but the fact of the matter is Dolan is not gonna fire him at this point in the season.If Thomas doesnt turn it around,fine,get rid of him,but lets be realistic,Dolans not gonna do it this early.