[Star Ledger] Curry Is Playing Like An All-star

rady

Administrator
Staff member
"Eddy's going to make the All-Star team this year," teammate and fellow center Jerome James declared last week. "He's already carrying us, and he's going to get hot in December. He's getting ready to go off, you watch."

In fact, Curry has already begun to take off. Curry has scored at least 20 points in each of his last eight games -- averaging 23.5 points and 9.0 rebounds. More impressive, he's registered double-doubles in each of the past three games.

http://www.knicksonline.com/teaser/5931/curry-is-playing-like-an-all-star.html

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Good article. I'd like to see Curry make the all-star team but it all depends on Shaq. If Shaq doesn't play Curry could make the squad.

What is the Knicks' problem? It's not Curry and I don't think it's Marbury eather. Can some one give me a real answer to this with out bashing any one? What are the Knicks missing? I watched parts of the game and I thought they played sloppy agains the Wizards. Is it because of Jefferies and Frye's injury?

20 is a CROOK

Benchwarmer
the problem is they have no chemistry and they have four of the exact same player. Francis, marbury, nate and crawford all serve the exact same purpose. If you look at all successful teams each guy in the lineup serves a different role.

Look at Utah right now for example: Deron Williams is a pass first PG that can score, his #1 strength is to create for others. AK47 plays great D and can also score, Boozer rebounds and can score inside, Okur can shoot and is a good rebounder. Each guy has good strenghts that compliment each other.

The knicks do not have players that compliment each other.

Knicks have 4 guys that can only score and are not good shooters: Craw, Steph, Francis, and Nate. All four also turn the ball over a lot. None of those guys distribute or rebound. Frye also only score and does it only by shooting, which can be easily defended. He also does not rebound or block shots. If the knicks want to win they need players that will compliment each other

naterob4

Benchwarmer
i agree with what donchris said EXCEPT for one thing. marbury is not like francis, crawford, and nate. if u really watch how marbury plays he is one of the best passers in the league. people bash him for not passing but how many times in the past week or so have you seen marbury give eddy curry a bounce pass for a dunk. in there next game watch how many times marbury gives his teamates the ball with a great chance to score. the difference between how many assists marbury and nash put up have to do with the suns having finishers and the knicks really only having one feared finisher in d lee. you dont see to many defenders trying to stop marion, amare, diaw exc. from driving the lane after a nash pass. but no ones scared of q rich or any other players coming down the lane except lee and balkman, sometimes eddy when hes close enough to the hoop. just watch tomorrow and you will see that marbury is actually one of the most gifted passers in the game, but needs some explosive players out with him to finish. francis, crawford and nate dont have the same passing abilities as marbury and i think none of them should be on the court the same time as steph. just let him drive and he will find someone cutting; if anyone on the court actually does cut for him.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
i agree with what donchris said EXCEPT for one thing. marbury is not like francis, crawford, and nate. if u really watch how marbury plays he is one of the best passers in the league. people bash him for not passing but how many times in the past week or so have you seen marbury give eddy curry a bounce pass for a dunk. in there next game watch how many times marbury gives his teamates the ball with a great chance to score. the difference between how many assists marbury and nash put up have to do with the suns having finishers and the knicks really only having one feared finisher in d lee. you dont see to many defenders trying to stop marion, amare, diaw exc. from driving the lane after a nash pass. but no ones scared of q rich or any other players coming down the lane except lee and balkman, sometimes eddy when hes close enough to the hoop. just watch tomorrow and you will see that marbury is actually one of the most gifted passers in the game, but needs some explosive players out with him to finish. francis, crawford and nate dont have the same passing abilities as marbury and i think none of them should be on the court the same time as steph. just let him drive and he will find someone cutting; if anyone on the court actually does cut for him.

I agree with you about Marbury. I've watched a few games and his passes are usually solid. But if you say that people on the move Marbury bandwagon think you're a rider. Marbury's lack of aggressive play is what is in question. But people talk like he's the reason we're losing. I don't think that's the case.

BallHead

Benchwarmer
I also think that the problem is chemistry. Every good team has their 1, 2 & 3 scoring options that work as a unit. Meaning that either of them will light you up at a moments notice. This causes the defense to overplay them and consequently be on their heals. The NYK, as well as other losing teams, have players that can put up numbers but they do it in turns. One night its Curry, the other night its Q-Rich, etc. This allows the defense to understand how to play you. So when crunch time hits they've figured how to get us out of our rhythm.

Two great coaching decisions IT has made thus far:
1 - Eddy is the #1 option.
2 - Marbury's job is to get the ball to Eddy and be the floor general and the x-factor because he can get to the basket at will.

Decisions to be made:
1 - Who will be our #2 and #3 options. These will be critical as it will determine the fate's of Frye, Q-Rich and Francis.

As for the bench we're set.