Iverson Traded To Knicks????

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I would be all for this trade if we had the half ass center from last year. But Eddie Curry has changed to a dominate force. I think a ballhogging A.I. would affect Curry's game.

sxmarbury516

Benchwarmer
wow i cant believe theres even a chance. not for nothing i doubt isiah was serious when he said he wouldnt make a run for iverson. he would have to be jus plain stupid. he could have been saying that to not look desperate. if he would have told the media he was deft interested then philly would have tryed ripping him off. i doubt that other trade would ever go thru with iverson, korver, and ollie for francis and crawford. we would stay overloaded @ the guard position. n frankly i think iverson n korver for crawford and francis would be a steal for the knicks. the trade wouldnt benifet both teams. here is the one trade i came up with that would benifet both teams evenly.

To Philly
steve francis ($15,070)/jamal crawford ($7,200)/channing frye ($2,325)
Total Salary = $24,595

To NY
allen iverson ($18,281)/kyle korver ($4,011)/steven hunter ($3,024)
Total Salary = $25,316

francis is a vet pg who has shown this year he is capable of putting up good #s when he gets the minutes. crawford is in my eyes future all star material. and frye was our biggest piece of trade bate during the offseason and philly would be happy to bring in his talent. especially @ such a cheap salary.

AI coming to NY would without a doubt make us championship contenders within this-next season. not only is the guy been putting up 30+ ppg forever, hes been dishing out 7.3 apg to players half as good as the ones he would be playing next to on the knicks. not to mention the guy plays d.

kyle korver would be another 3 point threat next to q-rich and that would spread the floor for us allowing players like steph n iverson to drive to the basket @ will. having 2 good 3 point shooters on the floor would also help eddy curry avoid double teams because our 3 point gunners would make them pay every time they doubled eddy.

and dont forget about steven hunter whos averaging 1.64 BLOCKS PER GAME in only 17 minutes per game. tell me he is not the perfect fit to back up curry.

just imagine (yes this will prolly only happen in my dreams) a starting line-up of...

PG- Stephon Marbury
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Quentin Richardson
PF- David Lee/Jared Jeffries (let em fight it out)
C- Eddy Curry

Back'd up by...

PG- Mardy Collins
SG- Nate Robinson
SF- Kyle Korver / Renaldo Balkman
PF- Lee or Jeffries / Malik Rose
C- Steve Hunter / Jerome James

BOOM... jus like that we have a normal amount of guards. SXM & AI could go back to getting there 35+ minutes per game. its obvious their chemistry will work out a lot better then the marbury/francis back court. everyone on the team would have an assigned role game in and game out. no more of this 4 guards and david lee on the court @ the same time. isiah better get on the horn and sweet talk philly into this one because i really cant see philly gettin 3 better players and i cant see the knicks not being #1 in the east. thats my take. he better hurry up b4 its too late.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
although i REALLY DOUBT that trade would ever happen, i wonder how would iverson and marbury play on the same team..
anyway, we'll probably hear more about this during the game

Starks

Starter
For the love of God, AI will not be a Knick!!!! Highschool kids on the 6 train arent sources

Why would any of you want Iverson here in the first place?? We already traded for that same guy, except his name is "Starbury". Dozens and Dozens upon Doznes of losses later, what do we have to show for it??? An uninspired & embarrasing playoff sweep by the NETS. NOTHING ELSE!!

Now that team's all-star duty has been transfered to Eddy Curry, why even jepordize that? We may still stink and lose tons of games, but they look better with Curry being the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option.

If we traded for Iverson, we would be back to square one.

As prolific as a scorer Allen is, you guys just have to realize that some teams don't need him. Read Scoop Jackson's latest column on page2 for more on how that paradox works.

God;the thought of Nate being "coached" by Iverson scares the life out of me.

You have to look at it from all angles. Iverson is a million times better and more valuable than Stephon and Franicis, but the cost is not in talent, its in team adjustment period. Coaches say he is the hardest players to coach for a reason. And think of it this way, it isn't a coincidence Allen hasn't did anything noteworthy in terms of winning in Philly. I REALLY think the Philly front office is thrilled Allen has demanded for a trade. Now they can rebuid the right way, and not have the fans turn against them for dealing such a beloved player. Anyway, I still say Allen goes to Minnesota. If not, he'll end up in Denver with A. Miller at the center

NYKnicks15

Starter
I have heard nothing of this. Then again I'm not sure what sources you have. I wont disagree with you, but I will check into it.

Now as for personal opinion.. I'm a little torn.
I think Iverson is a more serious threat at the SG then Francis.. he can actually shoot. Then you have Korver who in some ways is an upgrade from JC in the way he will shoot only when given the ball or have an open shot. Ollie is expiring the following year. and we get back shorter contracts AND Iverson who will bring more people to the games (not saying we need him to).

It's a decent scenario but I'm not gonna fuss either way. If it happens, it happens. If it doesnt, it doesnt.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
wow i cant believe theres even a chance. not for nothing i doubt isiah was serious when he said he wouldnt make a run for iverson. he would have to be jus plain stupid. he could have been saying that to not look desperate. if he would have told the media he was deft interested then philly would have tryed ripping him off. i doubt that other trade would ever go thru with iverson, korver, and ollie for francis and crawford. we would stay overloaded @ the guard position. n frankly i think iverson n korver for crawford and francis would be a steal for the knicks. the trade wouldnt benifet both teams. here is the one trade i came up with that would benifet both teams evenly.

To Philly
steve francis ($15,070)/jamal crawford ($7,200)/channing frye ($2,325)
Total Salary = $24,595

To NY
allen iverson ($18,281)/kyle korver ($4,011)/steven hunter ($3,024)
Total Salary = $25,316

francis is a vet pg who has shown this year he is capable of putting up good #s when he gets the minutes. crawford is in my eyes future all star material. and frye was our biggest piece of trade bate during the offseason and philly would be happy to bring in his talent. especially @ such a cheap salary.

AI coming to NY would without a doubt make us championship contenders within this-next season. not only is the guy been putting up 30+ ppg forever, hes been dishing out 7.3 apg to players half as good as the ones he would be playing next to on the knicks. not to mention the guy plays d.

kyle korver would be another 3 point threat next to q-rich and that would spread the floor for us allowing players like steph n iverson to drive to the basket @ will. having 2 good 3 point shooters on the floor would also help eddy curry avoid double teams because our 3 point gunners would make them pay every time they doubled eddy.

and dont forget about steven hunter whos averaging 1.64 BLOCKS PER GAME in only 17 minutes per game. tell me he is not the perfect fit to back up curry.

just imagine (yes this will prolly only happen in my dreams) a starting line-up of...

PG- Stephon Marbury
SG- Allen Iverson
SF- Quentin Richardson
PF- David Lee/Jared Jeffries (let em fight it out)
C- Eddy Curry

Back'd up by...

PG- Mardy Collins
SG- Nate Robinson
SF- Kyle Korver / Renaldo Balkman
PF- Lee or Jeffries / Malik Rose
C- Steve Hunter / Jerome James

BOOM... jus like that we have a normal amount of guards. SXM & AI could go back to getting there 35+ minutes per game. its obvious their chemistry will work out a lot better then the marbury/francis back court. everyone on the team would have an assigned role game in and game out. no more of this 4 guards and david lee on the court @ the same time. isiah better get on the horn and sweet talk philly into this one because i really cant see philly gettin 3 better players and i cant see the knicks not being #1 in the east. thats my take. he better hurry up b4 its too late.

You make a good arguement but if this happens Marbury and Richardson will be scoreless. They'd have to sacrifice scoring and let Eddie and A.I take over.

reckoning

Benchwarmer
I personally want nothing to do with AI and his ego. He's very talented, but I don't think a trade for him would be beneficial.