Garden Malay

Idiots from the top down

lol. He gets respect for trying to protect the rookie. He should pull a Camby and wait for dude by the bus or something. ...

Maybe if the Knicks didn't suck from the absolute top of the organization down through the coach they wouldn't find themselves in humiliating situations that cause them to act like a bunch of idiots.

NYKnicks15

Starter
first off, should we be proud of getting famous for this compared to our basketball play? no. if you say anything otherwise you are highly immature.

I love Carmello, Ive watched him play at SU he is still my favorite player but Ive lost a lot of respect for him. for someone who talks about street cred etc, he just lost a lot. he punched mardy like the bitch owed him money. it was a open fist donkey punch pretty much. pretty lame. then ran.

We should never get rid of Nate Robinson ,and Jared Jeffries is the best signing of Isiah since being a GM in the league. and heres why, he talks about him being an instant chemistry man. Well like it or not.. this and his play shows he is. Hes known these guys for what a couple months? played with them for 2 weeks and is already going to battle for him?

we still need to make a trade BUT this is gonna spark the knicks. i guarantee it. Im not sure if itll result in more wins, but im sure itll put a lot of kick in our step. this should bring out some fight, no pun intended. im not 100% supporting this, but this is the type of thing that we needed to bring us together.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
In my opinion, that was a time it wouldn't have looked as ugly as today. They were in playoffs and they were against the rivals in Jersey.. but last night.. against the nuggets (didn't know they had any rivalry) seconds before getting blown out.. hmm...

It became a rivalry from the time George Karl started talking crap about Isiah and how the Knicks disrespected Larry Brown. Isiah had to tell Karl to shup up and worry about his own team. The players know exactly how Karl feels about LB and this is probably why they were pissed that he still had his starters in the game. The Nuggets had also played the night before. Maybe if this had happened with any other team, it wouldn't have escalated to that extent.

But if this can help the knicks develop any kind of identity and they can start playing with the same passion that they fought with, then this would have been worth it.

tiger0330

Legend
seriously speaking - it was great to see the knicks sticking up for one another. They are tight as a family. Somebody disrespects ur brother - u get f#cked up...simple as that.

the funny thing is that - is back in the playoffs with the nets in 03 i think - TT gets fouled hard by collins and no one on the knicks stuck up for him - we looked like a bunch of punks - everyone was saying that the knicks should have been there - they were saying the knicks don't even stick up for eachother

well last night - i was happy to see that was not the case. Jefferies is a true team mate - he would not allow his rookie teammate to be disrespected by a punk biotch marsh melo...

i bet you all the knicks will destroy teams now. Anger is one of the best emotions to play games with...it pushes u to new limits

and with Steph back - i think we can do it...
WTF r u talking about, it was Collins that instigated the whole thing by committing a flagrant foul that left a mark on JR. Hard fouls are appropriate when you're in a close game but this game was over, it was a maliscious foul by Collins nothing less. JR was the one that was victimized, then Nate compounds it by getting into it with JR, IMO suspending JR would be like punishing the victim in a mugging. Collins and Nate are thugs and the real culprits, unfortunately they are going to take JJ with them.

The Knicks ain't doing s**t, they'll be short handed with the suspensions. Look for Zeke to use this as another excuse when the Knicks start losing.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I can't believe that people on this board condone this type of behavior.

There is absolutely no reason for Mardy Collins to go after the head on that foul. Hell, there wasn't any reason for him to foul at all. They already lost, collins should have let him go.

If the Knicks didn't want to be embarrassed they should have played better on the court instead of acting like a bunch crybabies and throw a temper tantrum.

I read the papers today they were very unkind to the Knicks as they should be for this type of behavior.

What I saw last night was not pride or honor as some posters would put it.

I see it as ego driven stupidity.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm disappointed in some of the reactions I'm hearing. tiger0330...you're right, Collins instigated the whole fight but that's where it should have stayed, between Collins and J.R. But when Nate breaks things up and Melo gets in the picture, Lil nate gets fired up and J.R TRIES to tackle nate in the stands but instead he gets body dropped. Yes J.R was victimized but he put that on himself by trying to pick on Nate instead of fighting Collins. And how are Collins and Nate thugs?? Nate is a hot head...nothing more nothing less. He wasn't a thug when he fought malik rose or jerome james was he? He's a feisty guy...period. Collins did not do this in Temple. He's a defensive minded guard that doesn't like easy buckets. It was a hard foul, it's not like he grabbed him and threw him into the goal post. He reached down with both arms and knocked J.R off balance. It was a real hard foul that can't be justified because we were down by 20. And I don't think anyone is condoning this type of behavior nor it shouldn't be condoned. We all wanted some fight out of the knicks and the knicks physically fought back. Again that's what I wanted to see out of Nate...he put down anyone that was put in front of him. That's what the knicks need to be doing on the court with the W-L. Like someone mentioned before, the league has gone soft. I'm guessing some of these knick fans weren't around when we used to be the "thugs" of the league. Ewing, Oakley, and Mason weren't angels. THEY ENFORCED THE PAINT. Going down the paint with these guys was like catching the ball down the middle of the field with urlacher lurking around, you better be ready for what's about to come. I heard no one complaining when these guys had the league in shackles. These guys would hurt people, put guys on the IR. And NO ONE WAS SUSPENDED. And everyone was too scared to fight them. But I guess since Collins is a rookie and nate is only 5'9, that makes them easy targets. I'm just glad we didn't back down...

Starks

Starter
What I find hystercial is that some of you guys are proclaiming that Steph is back.

Good Lord, one good game, and hes back???

Fact of the matter, no one respects this team, inculduing fans,the media, and the NBA. Now its gotten to a point where teams are bullying us at the Garden for kicks.

Anyway, with reports of Thomas mandating a hard foul, look for another media backlash calling for him to be fired before the season is over.

And one last thing; Listen guys, the Knicks are 9 and friggggin 17!!!!!!!!

There is NOTHING to be proud about. We suck more than ever. There isn't any TANGIBLE progress that results in the all important WIN regardless of how many points Stpehon drops, or if Curry makes it to an all-star team. And lastly, From watchig the tape, I only saw Nate and Jeffries do anything to defend the team. Frye got pushed around like a twig. Lee circled around trying to get a glimpse of what was going on. And Collins looked embarrassed as a man more than anything. lol I feel bad for him, its bad enough the world never heard of his name until now. The fact that he literally got put in his place by an NBA Superstar is just gut wrenching for all to watch. I'm not condoning any of this crap though. As for Melo, I always thought he was a bitch. Doesn't he look like a WNBA player afterall??

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I thought this brawl was funny as hell.
First off to Jersey city Nets fan, your a Nets fan SO SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH! No body gives a rats ass what you think any way. I'm from Jersey and I hate the Nets. Go find a Nets forum.

Starks I'm going to send you some tampons cause all you do is complain like a lil B!t#%! After you're finished with your dirty tampon be sure to give it to Allen. Like all of you douche bags are really offended by a little brawl. I think this is just what the doctor ordered. The Knicks need a fire lit under their asses. At least we saw team unity. I like the fact that Marbury and Curry were smart enough to say a way from the fight. Big freaking deal! Marty gave a hard fowl. So that made it ok for Carmello to stick Mardy in the face?

rady

Administrator
Staff member
WTF r u talking about, it was Collins that instigated the whole thing by committing a flagrant foul that left a mark on JR. Hard fouls are appropriate when you're in a close game but this game was over, it was a maliscious foul by Collins nothing less. JR was the one that was victimized, then Nate compounds it by getting into it with JR, IMO suspending JR would be like punishing the victim in a mugging.

Surely you jest!
Yes, it would have been the way you described IF JR wouldn't have retaliate (in which case the whole thing wouldn't have had happened)

Starks

Starter
First off to Jersey city Nets fan, your a Nets fan SO SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH! No body gives a rats ass what you think any way. I'm from Jersey and I hate the Nets. Go find a Nets forum.

Starks I'm going to send you some tampons cause all you do is complain like a lil B!t#%! After you're finished with your dirty tampon be sure to give it to Allen. Like all of you douche bags are really offended by a little brawl. I think this is just what the doctor ordered. The Knicks need a fire lit under their asses. At least we saw team unity. I like the fact that Marbury and Curry were smart enough to say a way from the fight. Big freaking deal! Marty gave a hard fowl. So that made it ok for Carmello to stick Mardy in the face?

yawn. I'll fed ex that tampon to you the day the knicks are over .500

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

Allen

Benchwarmer

I'll laugh this off as a nonsensical rant.

alright.
anyone know when they're going to decide the suspensions/fines?

because there's a game tommorow and shouldnt they be announcing it soon?

everyone keeps saying nate made it worse, but to me it looked like he was trying to stop it, until anthony got in his face. then of course he's going to react. and j.r. smith tried to tackle nate first but missed, so nate retaliated. i wish people would actually watch what happened before placing blame on people.

oh, and isiah thomas' comments after the game were a joke. god he sounds like a jackass.

i just hope this will be a wakeup call for the knicks. :crossfingers:

ny3nyk

Rotation player
david lee and channing frye should be safe from suspensions because all they did was try to keep the peace, they both didnt retaliate to anybody although it looked like it because they were holding people back. i dont care what anybody thinks, i think the brawl was funny as hell and something in me longed for this kind of attention in ny... also, say all 5 players got suspended, would we recieve some sort of signing bonus like the pacers did in 05?

Starks

Starter
Channing Frye is Twinkie man. Anyon else see Melo throw him down and stand over him for a good 2-3 seconds?

Even my lil sister wouldn't have stand for that shitt

Channing Frye is Twinkie man. Anyon else see Melo throw him down and stand over him for a good 2-3 seconds?

Even my lil sister wouldn't have stand for that shitt

HAHAHAHAHA I DID SEE THAT.
i bet he said something like, 'WHAT, BITCH.'

haha. he's a pussy though.
he's gonna get it the hardest for this:gony:

Knicks/Nuggets Brawl

And to think that the most interesting thing in this game (and that INCLUDES Steph's 31 and 8 "He's Back!" performance which I must remind you was part of a lopsided loss) occured right BEFORE the fight...did anyone notice the "hottie" behind Isiah as he started talking to Melo during the free throws?

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Rady my man! Good to read your takes. I dig the blog. To everyone here who's ever played a sport, there is an unwritten rule of thumb that states you never run up the score. JR Smith should have dribbled it out. In basketball there's also another unwritten rule, No easy buckets. In a blow out, if you want to score, you do it at your own peril. I'm convinced Carmelo wears a tampon. He'll probably get a call from Jordan saying he's no longer a Jumpman 23 guy. Hey if Melo gets like 30 games or more maybe he'll play for one of the WNBA affiliates. What a broad! I'll sucker punch Collins, but run from Jeffries. Nobody lives their life in a vacuum. To every action, there is a reaction. Nate should consider pro wrestling in his free time. He be a crazy partner for like Bobby Lashley. Or team with Booker T to be the New Harlem Heat!!!