Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racist Press still has it in for Isiah

Hybrid View

Nyk Logo Racist Press still has it in for Isiah

Read what Peter Vescey and others have to say: "David Stern wilted...had Isiah in his croos hairs", etc.

Mardy Collins committed a hard but not dirty foul, not a heinous act. Nothing Charles Oakley, Alonzo Mourning, Bill Lambeer or Ed Pinckney did not regularly do.

But the right-wing sports pundits have still not forgiven Isiah for dethroning the Bird era Celtics. They still deny Spike Lee's right to be a prominent basketball fan, just as they deny the right of Palestine to exist as a viable state, and slander Hugo Chavez as a tin-pot dictator when the reality is that a majority of the still-functioning private Venezuela press supported the 2002 coup, as did most of the opposition candidates in the 2006 election (some dictator!!).

Knick fans need to wake up to the subtext of the press hostility to the bonding of the Knicks into a real team. This team still has a long way to go, but not so much on the raw talent road, as on the bonding, on learning how to play together, smarter, more effectively, correcting fundamentals, etc.

Keep this core together and they will get better. Compare the reaction of the press, for example, to the Celtics, who threw away Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson to keep Antoine Walker - oh but those were white executives. The Knick debacle is about Dolan and Layden, not Isiah.

Has every move Isiah made worked out? No. So what? Some moves work, some don't. At least he had the courage to revamp the team he inherited.

David Lee for example is a still very young player (not even a regular starter yet) who ranks 25th in the league in ESPN's PER statistic. That ranks him as an unheralded superstar by objective standards. And Isiah found him at the 30 spot (in the draft).

Veteran

i heard the nba wants to exapnd internationally.. is the 1st team going to be in Palestine ??

do you really wana open this can of worms buddy?? Lets stop this thread before it gets Ugly

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Too late! Hahaha. Well you have a point i suppose but you kind of went off on a tangent. I would have focused more on the Bird vs Thomas thing. But Starks is right. This is a real nasty can of worms. Although your point about the hard fowl was right on point.

Veteran

what am i missing here???. i read vesey's column.. where is it ' Racist '.

can someone explain what am i missing..

thanks

Default What you are missing is Weltanshaung

Originally Posted by paris401
    what am i missing here???. i read vesey's column.. where is it ' Racist '.

can someone explain what am i missing..

thanks
    What you are missing is Weltanshaung - a world view that has not been spoon fed to you by the neo-liberal imperialist press. Everything about societies founded on Mestiza genocide (i.e., all governments of North and South America) that does not confront and destroy those societies is racist - by definition.

And if you cannot translate that world view to the analysis of basketball then the concept of metaphor represented in the works of Thomas Pynchon is quite simply beyond you.

How's that for a "can of worms"?

Default What's wrong with ugly?

Originally Posted by Starks
    do you really wana open this can of worms buddy?? Lets stop this thread before it gets Ugly
    Of course I want to open up cans of worms. I want US troops to frag their officers, go awol, join a revolutionary civil war "here at home", and overthrow the two-party duopoly.

I want a Reckoning that makes the Russian and French Revolutions look like Mary Poppins.

So an NBA brawl hardly shocks or scares me.

Lurker

Originally Posted by nixon7
    Read what Peter Vescey and others have to say: "David Stern wilted...had Isiah in his croos hairs", etc.

Mardy Collins committed a hard but not dirty foul, not a heinous act. Nothing Charles Oakley, Alonzo Mourning, Bill Lambeer or Ed Pinckney did not regularly do.

But the right-wing sports pundits have still not forgiven Isiah for dethroning the Bird era Celtics. They still deny Spike Lee's right to be a prominent basketball fan, just as they deny the right of Palestine to exist as a viable state, and slander Hugo Chavez as a tin-pot dictator when the reality is that a majority of the still-functioning private Venezuela press supported the 2002 coup, as did most of the opposition candidates in the 2006 election (some dictator!!).

Knick fans need to wake up to the subtext of the press hostility to the bonding of the Knicks into a real team. This team still has a long way to go, but not so much on the raw talent road, as on the bonding, on learning how to play together, smarter, more effectively, correcting fundamentals, etc.

Keep this core together and they will get better. Compare the reaction of the press, for example, to the Celtics, who threw away Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson to keep Antoine Walker - oh but those were white executives. The Knick debacle is about Dolan and Layden, not Isiah.

Has every move Isiah made worked out? No. So what? Some moves work, some don't. At least he had the courage to revamp the team he inherited.

David Lee for example is a still very young player (not even a regular starter yet) who ranks 25th in the league in ESPN's PER statistic. That ranks him as an unheralded superstar by objective standards. And Isiah found him at the 30 spot (in the draft).
    Please oh god please... Steve Francis just played the race card, give me a break... Are you going to tell me that if on one half of the court 4 white players are fighting and on the other 4 black guys are fighting the only thing that would be covered would be the 4 black guys fighting?
    I think that you might want to think before posting, I look at Spike lee the same way that I look at LA Jack, they are great fans and are at every game...
    Calling everything that doesnt go your way or makes you look bad a form of racism is just plane dumb, if that is how you think then you your self are filled with racism

Veteran

Weltanshaung ,Mestiza genocide ,Huey P. Newton ,John Entite

what does huey got to do with this??... isn't he a rock and roller??

nixon7 great post i agree with everything u said.

i agree with everyone's post here. And, yea, I'm currently reading Huey P. Newton's biography.

For the record, I'm not Black. I'm Cuban, so I'm not sure it that changes my weight in any racial discussions.

I'm amazed at one thing though, No on has ever died over a sports team, and yet there is more tension on the Thomas and Marbury threads than on this one. Fascinating.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Starks
    i agree with everyone's post here. And, yea, I'm currently reading Huey P. Newton's biography.

For the record, I'm not Black. I'm Cuban, so I'm not sure it that changes my weight in any racial discussions.

I'm amazed at one thing though, No on has ever died over a sports team, and yet there is more tension on the Thomas and Marbury threads than on this one. Fascinating.
    There are Afro Cubans and Euro Cubans, just like they are White Americans and Black Americans. In the end of the day, we're all human beings. So people who stress the race card, race itself are annoying and ignorant. Accually they're so unintelligent, the only logic they have in their mind is race, they can't look outside of race for a logical reason for anything. When they can't think of a solution or answer, they refer to the race bull****. I wish more people were open minded and understand the only pure race in the word is human. We're all mixed humans with different complextions and facial features born in different countries, with different cultures, accents, languages, morals and norms.

The Press has it for Isiah cause he has made terrible decisions as a GM, and the Press loves to write about negative things, unfortunately, most of the moves Isiah has done are negative.

Default Off to the racists

Why is it that whenever any issue whatsoever occurs involving a black and a white person it immediately become a white people are against black people race issue?

What makes all the race bandwagon jumpers think they can speak for white people other than just accusing them of being racist?

For the record, I think Howard Stern is an idiot, as are all of rules that he keeps implementing, which are just bad for sports regardless of what game.

Why can't you racist crybabies just accept this as a fact ... the NBA viewing audience is flat out sick and tired of seeing a bunch of whining multi millionaires who do nothing but run afoul of the law regardless of what color they are! It has nothing to do with anyone’s race or color. People are past the point of caring about the NBA and all of its degenerate trouble makers, which is the only reason Howard Stern is crawling up everyone’s ass.

People are sick and tired of tolerating a bunch of overpaid greedy pigs who do nothing but complain about everything while refusing to do what they are being paid to do, play basketball, do what the coach asks you to do, which is what he’s also getting paid to do, and shut the F up. If Howard stern cares anything at all about color it’s the color Green, along with trying to keep the viewing audience from bailing on the NBA completely.

How would you like to hear white people accusing black people of supporting a moron loser like Isiah Thomas simply because he's black?

Originally Posted by BRING_BACK_LARRY_BROWN
    Why is it that whenever any issue whatsoever occurs involving a black and a white person it immediately become a white people are against black people race issue?

What makes all the race bandwagon jumpers think they can speak for white people other than just accusing them of being racist?

For the record, I think Howard Stern is an idiot, as are all of rules that he keeps implementing, which are just bad for sports regardless of what game.

Why can't you racist crybabies just accept this as a fact ... the NBA viewing audience is flat out sick and tired of seeing a bunch of whining multi millionaires who do nothing but run afoul of the law regardless of what color they are! It has nothing to do with anyone’s race or color. People are past the point of caring about the NBA and all of its degenerate trouble makers, which is the only reason Howard Stern is crawling up everyone’s ass.

People are sick and tired of tolerating a bunch of overpaid greedy pigs who do nothing but complain about everything while refusing to do what they are being paid to do, play basketball, do what the coach asks you to do, which is what he’s also getting paid to do, and shut the F up. If Howard stern cares anything at all about color it’s the color Green, along with trying to keep the viewing audience from bailing on the NBA completely.

How would you like to hear white people accusing black people of supporting a moron loser like Isiah Thomas simply because he's black?
    I really hope you don't believe in what you just wrote...because this is an atrocity if you do. It's David Stern but that's besides the point. I agree with you when you say that most of these ballas are millionaires that are crying over petty things but he is seeing something besides the color green. It's the gangsta and thug mentality. THE MAJORITY OF THE LEAGUE IS BLACK. So the custom of the African-American culture is going to be instilled within the game regardless if he likes it or not. But he doesn't...that's why be makes these rules. No chains, no doo-rags, fitted hats, etc. None of this was a problem until he thought the league had an "image problem." I like the code name but I don't buy it. No one cares about the image. And no one is speaking for the white people. They spoke for themselves...when they say Nate-Rob is a thug for fighting that is a stereotypic, racist judgement. When they say Isiah should be fired for condoning such an act but Pat Riley does the exact same thing but they call him a hall-of-fame coach. Somebody's not doing their homework because last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to give a hard foul. And I support all my black peops and hope they succeed in everything they do and to do otherwise is just foolish. I rep my blacks, just like puerto ricans rep puerto ricans, and other minorities rep their nationality. Am I supposed to hope that Isiah fails because he's black? But again you hope he fails and you're white, so does that make you racist? I don't make racist judgement on people because that's a harsh name to put on someone. So to call me and other reasonable people on this forum racist is dumb on your part just because we stand on a view that the majority agrees on...

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by nixon7

Why does Isiah's courage matter more than the team's sucess? He ravamped the team into the 2nd to 4th worst team in the NBA. I could careless about Isiah's "courage" to do move, he needs to use his brain and common sense more often.