Racist Press still has it in for Isiah

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't think I like David Stern. He blew this thing out of proportion. This is an aggressive sport. Fights happen. There wasn't even on solid punch in the so called brawl. So what's the big deal? Stern doesn't stand by the players. He's like an overseer on a plantation. Like some one said this happens in hockey all the time. I've even seen drivers in NASCAR jump out of the damn car to start fighting. No one made threats about firing them or losing sponsors. The bar is a bit high for the NBA.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Excellent point, and for the people who believe that the world is one race....you're absolutely right. I agree 100%. But there's just one problem...you're a minority in this world we call earth. Most people believe the likewise, they believe in racism. In fact there was a study on how people are racist but it is hidden from there conscious. So they are subliminal racists lol. It kind of makes me laugh. Anyways I've been discriminated against...and there is NOTHING like discrimination that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. I love all my peoples tho, I love my puerto ricans, my blacks, my whites, my chinese, koreans...anyone that I come in contact with. But racism...I don't waste my time with. I nip that in the bud.

jimkcchief88

All Star
What steve francis said hit the nail right on the head. Baseball players have brawls and hockey has fights every day but the NBA has it's first fight this year and it's on every national network in the U.S. Only question I have to ask is why?

The reason is the NBA is predominantly black, point blank. Mostly who can afford courtside seats are corporations who are white and rich white people. You can't have big "crazed" black people beating each other and injure one of those fans. You heard David Stern say he was concerned for the courtside reporters and camera men??? Yeah right. They have more chance being injured while someone is chasing a loose ball. Can you imagine if those richies stop going to NBA games because they were to dangerous??? Ticket prices would drop and they would have to let the real fans like us back in. donchris is right in saying if this was hockey or nascar, no one would care. Thats because those are white participants. Artest going the stands after that guy brought back some primal fears that no one discusses but persist down to this day. The code word here is "safety." Has anyone ever gotten injured in a basketball fight??? We all know basketball players are too big and not very good fighters. The point is that the only place that white people want to see black people beat on each other is from the safety of a boxing ring.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Excellent point, and for the people who believe that the world is one race....you're absolutely right. I agree 100%. But there's just one problem...you're a minority in this world we call earth. Most people believe the likewise, they believe in racism. In fact there was a study on how people are racist but it is hidden from there conscious. So they are subliminal racists lol. It kind of makes me laugh. Anyways I've been discriminated against...and there is NOTHING like discrimination that leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. I love all my peoples tho, I love my puerto ricans, my blacks, my whites, my chinese, koreans...anyone that I come in contact with. But racism...I don't waste my time with. I nip that in the bud.

Damn...real ass post, I gotta squash the beef after this.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
We all have to realize that nobody wants to talk about race. No one does. But if we talk about it...we get that much closer to being united. And for the people who don't want to talk about it means either they have something to hide or they want to stay ignorant...and I know no one wants to stay ignorant. Ever since my ancestors (and for some of you you're ancestors as well) were taken from Africa and spread all across the Americas, there has been racism and it has never died. And it probably will never die in our lifetimes if ever. tls501 I want to respectfully counter your post...If he pulled the race card...why was he right? Why are there more coverage on brawls in the NBA than any other sport? Why is Stern administiring the dress code for the "leagues image"? There wasn't an image problem in the 90s or 80s when fights occured more then than it does now. Why were the doo-rags and gold chains ex-ed out of the required wardrobe? Don't get me wrong I'm kind of glad that they did that because now these players are lookin like playas now. They're coming off the bus fresh to def but its the principle behind the matter. This "League Image" is really bothering me...I dunno maybe I'm alone in this...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Trust me man, your not alone. Stern hates the so called "Hip Hop lifestyle" that most players adhere to. He treats his constituents like oxen istead of like the partners they are. Stern may as well show up in his all white suit panama hat, with whip in hand. He may even ask a player to "fetch him a mint julip". All kidding aside, if the players like Iverson, Artest, Kobe, Lebron, VC, and so on all left and started a league tommorrow, the NBA would be affectively dead. If Stern left, they'd put someone else at the top. I don't know anyone who paid to see a basketball game because David Stern was commissioner.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Trust me man, your not alone. Stern hates the so called "Hip Hop lifestyle" that most players adhere to. He treats his constituents like oxen istead of like the partners they are. Stern may as well show up in his all white suit panama hat, with whip in hand. He may even ask a player to "fetch him a mint julip". All kidding aside, if the players like Iverson, Artest, Kobe, Lebron, VC, and so on all left and started a league tommorrow, the NBA would be affectively dead. If Stern left, they'd put someone else at the top. I don't know anyone who paid to see a basketball game because David Stern was commissioner.

Man that's classic and right on point. You notice the NBA hates rival leagues and does its best to destroy them. Even the "minor" league has to begin with NBA. You are right on that the players make this league, not the commish. Can you imagine if someone like MJ started his own league with ticket prices that regular people could afford and a couple of big names ran with 'em??? I'd be there.

paris401

Starter
the players, white,black,blue,yellow, all agree on one thing $$$GREEN$$

nobody is going to start another league .. jordan bought into the bobcats..

i too would go to see the top players if tickets were 10 or 20bucks, but with prices at these levels.. what is going to be left to pay the starbury's/iverson's/kobe's/melo's... 15 /20m a year... i think not...

is there racism.. u bet there is , but why so little noise after the penalties came down??... a little clearing of the throat by billy hunter, other then that... nuthin... why $$$GREEN$$$

What's in the water at MSG?

What steve francis said hit the nail right on the head. Baseball players have brawls and hockey has fights every day but the NBA has it's first fight this year and it's on every national network in the U.S. Only question I have to ask is why?

First, Isiah and Nate Robinson complain about the Nugget starters staying in the game, then Franchise comes out with his ridiculous statement and then Oakley, a great Knick warrior but a knucklehead says that Stern is "too cocky". None of you guys get it which is why we have these problems. Yes, hockey has these fights everyday which is why we don't hear about them that much...its part of the sport's culture and besides, its hockey...WHO CARES?
Baseball does have these dust ups occassionally and we hear about them on SportsCenter for a day or so. The suspensions are comparable; anybody remember Kenny Rogers and the cameramen a few seasons back? That got some major air time. Last I looked, Kenny is pretty white.
Yes, the players are, and should always be, THE SHOW. The spotlight should always be on them, not the suits even though the suits are the ones responsible for commercializing the players' enormous talents, much to the ballers' benefit. However, because the focus is rightly directed on the players, they, in turn, have to step up and do the right thing.
You're correct, maybe the dress code was unnecessary. Maybe instead The Association should have taken a harder look at guns at strip clubs in the wee hours of the morning when the players are sooo exhausted from the two-a-days that come with training camp.
Guys, the race card has been played way too often. Its old, worn out and should be taken out of the deck.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
But you have to realize that the race card never be put to rest until things like this stop. Whoever believes in the race card either is ignorant of the facts or has skeletons in the closet...but I'm not accusing you of either. You have to realize...I've looked racism and discrimination in the eyes. I'm not an expert or anything but I think I know racism when I see it. The people on this forum aren't the only ones that agree, Stephen A. Smith, Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc. Like them or not you have to respect there opinions for what they have been through and for what they have seen. And I'm not really questioning the fact this fight has more airtime than normal brawls, I'm questioning on how it's being portrayed. Isiah sounds like a mafia boss from what I'm hearing from the papers. Mardy Collins, Carmelo Anthony, and Nate Robinson are so-called "thugs" for fighting. I don't like the sound of that. Chan Ho Park wasn't a thug for drop kicking, Hockey players aren't thugs for fighting but we have our 2nd major brawl in 2 years and they aren't even the same teams but they are portrayed as thugs. This isn't a race card, this is racism and if you don't believe me go ask somebody....

paris401

Starter
i agree it's racism, as is the dress code/etc.. why don't the players strike, or boycott some of the games...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
I knew the lame "Race Card" crap was going to come up (See my previous posts). I'm sick of the race card nonsense. And so what. Stephen Jackson had a permit for his pistol, as well he a grown up. If he goes to the strip club that isn't news. Do you think that Pro Golfers, Hockey, Baseball, and Football players don't do the same? Get real. This is just another "Gansta Brotha" media slant. Bill Romanowski used to cart a piece around with him. How many of you knew that? Probably none of you. The media doesn't sing that song. White men carrying around pieces isn't front page material. And yes the Players are motivated by money...but aren't we all? I go to work because I want money. I'm sure you all do too. Stop metioning the nonsense of players losing money to prove a point. When was the last here anyone here went on a hunger strike, held out of work, or tied themself to a tree to protect the enviroment? As a guy who knows racism when he encounters it, I find incomprhesible why people still make excuses for it. The NBA has gotten so "rule stupid" they have a guy that actually monitors the arm bands players wear. If they are above a certain level, a player can be assessed a tech or delay of game penalty. Why is fan money being wasted like that? Because the NBA is far too "Urban". The powers that be have no problem with the players pulling the cart, they only take exception when they want to ride in the cart. The league to me is an unfortunate microcosm of the world in general. That's why racial discrimination still exists. To me the race card defense is tantamount to keeping racism alive strong. It is a diversionary tatic used to try to blind people to the problem that cleary exists right before their eyes. Everyone here has probably experienced racism. Did it feel good? Probably not. So stop giving excuses to media outlets to vilify anyone. If the motives are clearly "dirty" don't support them. Period.

knicky

Rookie
Nixon7 for president

I guess the guys in the suits sitting in the stands can cause all kind of havoc with their corporate buyouts and layoffs - but that isnt violence.

Off to the racists

Why is it that whenever any issue whatsoever occurs involving a black and a white person it immediately become a white people are against black people race issue?

What makes all the race bandwagon jumpers think they can speak for white people other than just accusing them of being racist?

For the record, I think Howard Stern is an idiot, as are all of rules that he keeps implementing, which are just bad for sports regardless of what game.

Why can't you racist crybabies just accept this as a fact ... the NBA viewing audience is flat out sick and tired of seeing a bunch of whining multi millionaires who do nothing but run afoul of the law regardless of what color they are! It has nothing to do with anyone’s race or color. People are past the point of caring about the NBA and all of its degenerate trouble makers, which is the only reason Howard Stern is crawling up everyone’s ass.

People are sick and tired of tolerating a bunch of overpaid greedy pigs who do nothing but complain about everything while refusing to do what they are being paid to do, play basketball, do what the coach asks you to do, which is what he’s also getting paid to do, and shut the F up. If Howard stern cares anything at all about color it’s the color Green, along with trying to keep the viewing audience from bailing on the NBA completely.

How would you like to hear white people accusing black people of supporting a moron loser like Isiah Thomas simply because he's black?

knicky

Rookie
fairness please

How many GM/Presidents can you name that have turned a team around in less than 3 years? Especially teams that are drowing under the Cap?

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Why is it that whenever any issue whatsoever occurs involving a black and a white person it immediately become a white people are against black people race issue?

What makes all the race bandwagon jumpers think they can speak for white people other than just accusing them of being racist?

For the record, I think Howard Stern is an idiot, as are all of rules that he keeps implementing, which are just bad for sports regardless of what game.

Why can't you racist crybabies just accept this as a fact ... the NBA viewing audience is flat out sick and tired of seeing a bunch of whining multi millionaires who do nothing but run afoul of the law regardless of what color they are! It has nothing to do with anyone’s race or color. People are past the point of caring about the NBA and all of its degenerate trouble makers, which is the only reason Howard Stern is crawling up everyone’s ass.

People are sick and tired of tolerating a bunch of overpaid greedy pigs who do nothing but complain about everything while refusing to do what they are being paid to do, play basketball, do what the coach asks you to do, which is what he’s also getting paid to do, and shut the F up. If Howard stern cares anything at all about color it’s the color Green, along with trying to keep the viewing audience from bailing on the NBA completely.

How would you like to hear white people accusing black people of supporting a moron loser like Isiah Thomas simply because he's black?

I really hope you don't believe in what you just wrote...because this is an atrocity if you do. It's David Stern but that's besides the point. I agree with you when you say that most of these ballas are millionaires that are crying over petty things but he is seeing something besides the color green. It's the gangsta and thug mentality. THE MAJORITY OF THE LEAGUE IS BLACK. So the custom of the African-American culture is going to be instilled within the game regardless if he likes it or not. But he doesn't...that's why be makes these rules. No chains, no doo-rags, fitted hats, etc. None of this was a problem until he thought the league had an "image problem." I like the code name but I don't buy it. No one cares about the image. And no one is speaking for the white people. They spoke for themselves...when they say Nate-Rob is a thug for fighting that is a stereotypic, racist judgement. When they say Isiah should be fired for condoning such an act but Pat Riley does the exact same thing but they call him a hall-of-fame coach. Somebody's not doing their homework because last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to give a hard foul. And I support all my black peops and hope they succeed in everything they do and to do otherwise is just foolish. I rep my blacks, just like puerto ricans rep puerto ricans, and other minorities rep their nationality. Am I supposed to hope that Isiah fails because he's black? But again you hope he fails and you're white, so does that make you racist? I don't make racist judgement on people because that's a harsh name to put on someone. So to call me and other reasonable people on this forum racist is dumb on your part just because we stand on a view that the majority agrees on...

jimkcchief88

All Star
I watched "Outside the Lines" a couple of Sunday's ago on the topic of guns in sports and it showed some white baseball player for the Astros (sorry I forget his name) that has a concealed gun permit. Dude is packing all the time for his own "protection." Protection from what??? This cat isn't from a rough neighboorhood or walking around with bling worth $$$$$. No reference of "thug" was made in the piece. He was just a good ole' boy with a gun. Same time here in the Chi-town Tank Johnson( d-line man for the Bears) gets his crib raided "Belly" style. What was the reason??? He had guns in his house while being on probation for another gun charge, even though the " Right to Bear Arms" is a constitutional gaurentee. The difference is black people were not protected by the constitution until 1964. That's barely 40 years ago folks. In all that time racism became institutionalized and racist attitudes shape people's perception. Its the same reason why when Larry Johnson called out the Chiefs offense he was a malcontent, but when Tom Brady called out his teamates he's "being a leader." Same actions, different perceptions. Being a minority and the baggage that comes with it is a fact of life, not a card that's merely played out of convenience. That "race card "term wouldn't even exist anymore if O.J. was sitting in jail somewhere.