Isiah isn't a bad coach

metrocard

Legend
Well I guess I in the minority position with you because I agree with every part of that. Most people don't like francis because he takes minutes from marbury. Now I am a believer that he should come off the bench because he does take an effect on marbury's play. If we can get a rotation of those three going in and out with nate-rob playing some spot minutes...whose going to have a better guard roation than us? Surround these guards with the hustle of Lee, Jeffries, and Balkman and the presence of Eddy...then we're on to the playoffs.

Alot of people, our guards have been poor defensively, they've always been poor defensively their whole career. Francis, Stephon, Jamal, Nate. Talent wise, probably. But not too many teams in the NBA would want our guards that we're stucked with.

RMK-NYK

Benchwarmer
Our guards suck...are you kidding me? Crawford is way too streaky....Robinson has talent but is too small, can't play defense, and has a bad attitude...Francis and Marbury are twins...both players get traded, and their former teams do better when they're gone. We'd be lucky if any team would take one of these guards. And QRich has good intangibles, but has the back of an 70 yr old.

I'll agree that the front court has promise. Curry has surprised me with the way he's come on, and Lee looks to be a solid, dependable double-double guy. Jeffries has versatility. I'm not high on Balkman...I think that was a stupid draft pick, since we could have taken Marcus Williams (a young guard that's decently sized and actually has talent) and probably still gotten Balkman later if Isiah wanted him so bad.

As for Isiah's coaching ability. The team is still 7 below .500...yeah there's more excitement but I'm going to reserve any judgement till later in the year. He is definitely making better use of the roster than Brown did...Brown I think is a good coach, only if given the right roster. This roster wasn't fit for him.

Personally, I think this franchise will be better the day Isiah is gone, and a real GM and coach step in.

metrocard

Legend
Our guards suck...are you kidding me? Crawford is way too streaky....Robinson has talent but is too small, can't play defense, and has a bad attitude...Francis and Marbury are twins...both players get traded, and their former teams do better when they're gone. We'd be lucky if any team would take one of these guards. And QRich has good intangibles, but has the back of an 70 yr old.

I'll agree that the front court has promise. Curry has surprised me with the way he's come on, and Lee looks to be a solid, dependable double-double guy. Jeffries has versatility. I'm not high on Balkman...I think that was a stupid draft pick, since we could have taken Marcus Williams (a young guard that's decently sized and actually has talent) and probably still gotten Balkman later if Isiah wanted him so bad.

As for Isiah's coaching ability. The team is still 7 below .500...yeah there's more excitement but I'm going to reserve any judgement till later in the year. He is definitely making better use of the roster than Brown did...Brown I think is a good coach, only if given the right roster. This roster wasn't fit for him.

Personally, I think this franchise will be better the day Isiah is gone, and a real GM and coach step in.

It was, Balkman is a excellent energy player, but you don't pass up on a pass first PG like Marcus Williams. Kinda sad accually, that will hurt us in the future since we let the Nets grab Marcus. We could of got Balkman with the late first round pick. I really don't understand Isiah's logic at all. He has an eye for talent, but is one of the worst decision makers in the NBA.

Personally? Thats a logical good statement. Speak out what you feel my brother, you're a Knick fan, the jersey comes first.