Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80

Thread: My beef with Isiah

  1. #16
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    You can excuse Amare, cause he was hurt, but Eddy Curry is inexcuseable even though this is his FIRST time being the focal point on offense. 1 week ago Isiah was by your definition, "A Good Coach". They lose 3 games, and he's an idiot again (Please see the Bozo banner currently being displayed). Good with the bad, youngblood. Yes, Nowitzki is still learning how to rebound. He May be rebounding at 9, but if you watch NBA League Pass, and watched a Dallas game, he rebounds passively. He doesn't fight for tough boards. It seems to be exceptable, that that isn't his game. However, when Curry makes a mistake on offence (most his turnovers are from travelling) it's unexceptable, even though he's only 24, and great centres didn't figure out their footwork till their 30's. That sounds like an unfair double standard. How would you try to stop a half court team? By jacking up shots, or by an effective low post scorer that takes up space. I choose the latter. The Phoenix Suns are the team everyone wants to be during the regular season. BUT, like clockwork the lose in the playoffs. WHY. They can't consistently run a half court offence. For that San Antonio, is eternally grateful. Turnovers are also on the passer. How, if they pass the ball when Eddy is in deep he could catch and score. We have guards that dribble way too much. Eddy has to wait, establish good position and move so he doesn't generate a 3 in the Key. Quicker ball delivery would help him be more effective, as he does not instigate the offense. When Isiah brought Marbury here you like tons of others where estatic. He was a 20 and 8 guy. So, now when that move didn't work out, Isiah's an idiot? Ridiculous. Does anyone here think Isiah brought Marbury here thinking "this will be a great way to lose!" No one normal would. It was idiotic to aquire those players? Those guys got into the playoffs, which seems to be your mandate. As well, turn the page on the following:

    Penny Hardaway, Vin Baker and Tim Thomas. We don't pay those guys anymore. At at the end of this year we won't pay Houston, Rose, Anderson, Taylor, and Williams.

    No one is content with losing. However, every night some does it! It's a bitch, but that's life in the Real world. Knicks fans are fickle as well, they called for Ewing, Spreewell and Houston's heads as well. With the other Hypethetical trading of Marbury and Francis for longer worse contracts, how do you know this will be the end game? If you can see into the future, I suggest getting the powerball numbers and winning. Just a thought.
    Amare is better than Eddy Curry, why are we even comparing these two? You always seem to go off topic, its not even a debate between Curry and Amare. Curry has been in the league longer, and hasn't even made an impact in the NBA. Amare made an impact in the NBA in his 2nd season. Even after one of the most serious injuries in the NBA, he's back at it again. This isn't a comparision, its just you being stupid and just wanting to agrue. Come on man, Eddy Curry and Amare Stoudmire? Whats next, Jamal Crawford and Kobe Bryant? Nate Robinson and Steve Nash? You're not even being a homer, you're just being dumb. There is no reason to compare Amare and Curry.

    I've told you son, Isiah is a good player's coach. If you noticed anything, the players seem happy with Isiah, way better than they did with Dick Chaney, Lenny Wilkins, Herb Williams and Larry Brown. Isiah doesn't know how to coach the x and o's. I said Isiah isn't a BAD COACH, he isn't a good coach either. Don't get it twisted, you can't twist my words because I don't pull logic out of my ass like you. I stay on point and consistant. I want the best for my team, and Isiah cannot provide that.

    Guy, I've told you, I feel like I'm repeating myself because how you replied didn't say anything. You already said Dirk is "learning" how to rebound". I told you he isn't a banger, but he still manages to get 9 rebounds a game. Dirk rebounds well enough, definately better than Curry, when Curry is always in the paint. I'm not gonna fault Curry though, his rebounding has improved. To say "Dirk is learning how to rebound" makes no sense, and you said again too which is the irony of this. You're going no where with this, you just came out of no where about Dirk's rebounding, when he's top 10 in the NBA every year in rebounding.

    Listen, Phoneix just became a good team(Thanks to Thomas), they haven't been around like Dallas or San Antonio. They turned very quickly and advanced to the WCF without Amare. Who knows what they can with Amare now. Its offense, not offence. Amare is a productive half court player, they didn't have Amare last season and it hurt their half court offense.

    "We have guards that dribble way too much." Yeh, Isiah acquired those guards. Even when Curry gets quick passes in the post, when he's doubled team he usually always turns it over with an offensive foul or traveling. Curry has been in the league for over 5 years. He's great offensively, he's always been good offensively, but he still can't improve on his flaws of turnovers, defense, and getting beat by his opponents on the boards.

    This is possibly the most ignorant thing I ever read on here.

    Where did I say I excited about the Marbury trade? You made such an asshead suggestion and guest, its accually the total opposite. I told alot of people Marbury won't save New York, and that Phoneix traded him because he isn't a winning player, and they felt he couldn't be the PG to lead their talented youth.

    Ewing, Spreewell and Houston are some of the most respected Knicks in our era, Francis, Marbury and Curry have accomplished nothing in New York. Don't even put those names in the same sentence. You won't make your points like that. We all realize how superior Spree, h20 and Ewing were are compared to the scrubs we have now. Again, you're not being smart.


    EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, dr.carpy has officially declared because Curry and Crawford have scored 20 points each against Portland, they should be the face of the New York Knicks franchise for the next 10 years.

    It seems like you're always calling out Knick fans, calling us fickle, impatient fans. Sorry if we're not attached to Isiah as you.



    Originally Posted by paris401
    what gm in their rite mind is going to take this large tube of lard???

    Heh, you almost feel stupid asking that question too. Thats how I feel replying, I didn't know 31 year old bench scrubs had trade value.

  2. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    There's a sucker born every minute. If a team needs a big man. At his salary he's moveable. This is the NBA. If Gheorghe Mureşan could be moved, there's hope!

    min fgm-a 3pm-a ftm-a off def tot ast pf st to Bs Pts
    P.S. Eddy Curry Sucks: 39:16 11-17 0-0 5-8 2 8 10 0 1 1 2 2 27

    so does Crawford 15:00 9-21 0-4 7-7 2 3 5 6 4 2 2 0 25

    there are teams that need a big man (just gotta look across the river), but i doubt the sucker that would take jerome has been born yet... i guess we'll see over the next 4/6 weeks...

  3. #18
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by paris401
    there are teams that need a big man (just gotta look across the river), but i doubt the sucker that would take jerome has been born yet... i guess we'll see over the next 4/6 weeks...
    I don't think he will ever prove that a team in the NBA has interest in Jerome James.

    Hey guys, if you think people like me, Paris, and Sparks are too "negative", then prove us wrong. Prove to us Isiah's moves are helping the Knicks now, and in the future. Good basketball means protecting the ball and not turning it over. Knicks have very few good basketball players. We are fans who have grown tired of Isiah Thomas and the current direction of the team and believe a number of our players should be moved because they are part of the reason we are doing poorly. We accually play hard at somne nights, and our losses have result from mistakes on the basketball court. Turnovers and confusion on defense result in losses. Cap space helps the rebuilding process, look how it helped Denver, Orlando, Chicago, Phoneix and many others. Isiah's direction is far from rebuilding, especially in the first year and half. People say he's rebuilding, but why he did he trade cap space and Trevor Ariza for Francis? He has no direction people.

  4. #19
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    LB was responsible for the francis trade tho...

  5. #20
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't think he will ever prove that a team in the NBA has interest in Jerome James.

    Hey guys, if you think people like me, Paris, and Sparks are too "negative", then prove us wrong. Prove to us Isiah's moves are helping the Knicks now, and in the future. Good basketball means protecting the ball and not turning it over. Knicks have very few good basketball players. We are fans who have grown tired of Isiah Thomas and the current direction of the team and believe a number of our players should be moved because they are part of the reason we are doing poorly. We accually play hard at somne nights, and our losses have result from mistakes on the basketball court. Turnovers and confusion on defense result in losses. Cap space helps the rebuilding process, look how it helped Denver, Orlando, Chicago, Phoneix and many others. Isiah's direction is far from rebuilding, especially in the first year and half. People say he's rebuilding, but why he did he trade cap space and Trevor Ariza for Francis? He has no direction people.
    There is no need to prove you wrong. In some cases you are correct. There have been bad moves, but to say that or insinuate that Curry and Crawford are trash players is ridicules. I've read your and dr carpy going back and fourth and you say he's off topic but you are off topic. You went on a pointless tangent about Amari and how Thomas made the Suns better. How so? By trading Thomas for Richardson? Last I checked Thomas wasn't the key to the Suns offense. Oh that's right, you were looking backwards again commenting on the Marbury trade right. You make your comments personal when you have no point to make or when your flawed logic is pointed out, which is often. I challenge you to do what most of us have done. Make some suggestions on how the Knicks can improve. You've suggested removing Thomas in several posts. Is that the best you can come up with? Who should replace Thomas? Do you have a plan? It's not negative if you make a competent suggestion.

  6. #21
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    once again the knicks salary is not as bad as ppl think, the knicks dont have much contracts after 2009, and i like what isiah has done wit this team, all i gotta say the knicks had players who are not in the league todayb4 isiah(eisley, houston, sprewell, weatherspoon, travis knight, spencer, shandon anderson, well i think i proved my point)

  7. #22

    Default

    hey metrocard i think that isiah's moves are good because, uh, marbury and francis were good once, and i uh heard their names a lot so now theyre going to be ten times better than before because theyre motivated! And james was uh on the globetrotters, so that means that uh he knows what he's doing...and it doesnt matter what our cap space is because we dont need to sign anyone; our team is perfect!

  8. #23

    Default

    (note: a certain degree of sarcasm was used in the above post.)

  9. #24
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    I don't think he will ever prove that a team in the NBA has interest in Jerome James.

    Hey guys, if you think people like me, Paris, and Sparks are too "negative", then prove us wrong. Prove to us Isiah's moves are helping the Knicks now, and in the future. Good basketball means protecting the ball and not turning it over. Knicks have very few good basketball players. We are fans who have grown tired of Isiah Thomas and the current direction of the team and believe a number of our players should be moved because they are part of the reason we are doing poorly. We accually play hard at somne nights, and our losses have result from mistakes on the basketball court. Turnovers and confusion on defense result in losses. Cap space helps the rebuilding process, look how it helped Denver, Orlando, Chicago, Phoneix and many others. Isiah's direction is far from rebuilding, especially in the first year and half. People say he's rebuilding, but why he did he trade cap space and Trevor Ariza for Francis? He has no direction people.

    lol dude, did you call me "Sparks"??? I think someone should create a thread to just end them all. Like a "post your formula to fix Knicks here" thread. That way we can see where everybody stands, and who actually can come up with a plan that can fix the team in 2-3 years (cause it aint happenin this season guys, sorry)

    I get a headache just htinking about where to start, if i was Thomas. He's a clown as an executive, but the guy's gutsy. gotta give Zeke that. If I was in his shoes I would have fled the country and hide for a decade months ago. lol I mean, even my little sister knows the guy is the biggest joke of NYC.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Metrocard,

    you post like your age, (18 I think). Some doesn't agree with you and it's instant profanity like "asshead" (brilliant!). How did you arrive at me comparing Amare and Eddy Curry. I said most big men need time to figure things out. Shaq when he was young took tons of travelling calls. In time he figured things out. Good players need to play and learn. Eddy Curry is a good player. He needs time, but according to you he should be shipped. What's ingnorant is saying Curry is useless, only to watch him drop 27 and 10 (18 and 7 for the season). Who would you rather have at centre? Better yet why don't you outline YOUR unique plan for the Knicks. I read all these foolish comments of what should have been done. Constant bitching and moaning. PLEASE SPELL OUT YOUR PLAN. Educate us with your limited widsom.

    I said Isiah isn't a BAD COACH, he isn't a good coach either

    What the hell does that even mean? Have the balls too pick a side, then defend it.

    To blame Isiah for the guard play is ridiculous. You, or anyone else who thinks he responsible for the on court decisions made? That as foolish as saying that if stole a candy bar, my mother is responsible. If everyone took personal responsiblity for themselves, things would be a lot better for our team and in the world in general.

    And with Dirk, he got shut down by Udonis Haslem in the NBA Finals! What does that say? He leaves all the defense to his teammates, which isn't really fair. He should be fighting for boards and contributing on both ends of the floor. That's what good teammates do.

    EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, dr.carpy has officially declared because Curry and Crawford have scored 20 points each against Portland, they should be the face of the New York Knicks franchise for the next 10 years.

    If that's what you read you an Idiot plain and simple. To call both Crawford and Curry useless shows you're an Idiot that chain smokes crack. Both guys are pretty unique players that have exceptional skills.

    Irony:
    the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

    Now that you know the meaning (because clearly you didn't before) use only when it fits. Nothing I posted before would be considered "Irony" or "Ironic" quit trying to rock terms to sound smart. It's annoying. Fans like you are looking for someone to pull out a magic wand and fix everything. This again is not realistic. Deus Ex Machina or God in the Machine is going down here anytime soon. You want a quick fix, go watch a sitcom. They usually have a solution in less than 30 mins.

    P.S. Save the spell check for yourself. You only see the flaws in others, none in yourself. That is your biggest weakness. Stop telling everyone how to think. You're a kid. And you definetely don't have all the answers.

  11. #26
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    There is no need to prove you wrong. In some cases you are correct. There have been bad moves, but to say that or insinuate that Curry and Crawford are trash players is ridicules. I've read your and dr carpy going back and fourth and you say he's off topic but you are off topic. You went on a pointless tangent about Amari and how Thomas made the Suns better. How so? By trading Thomas for Richardson? Last I checked Thomas wasn't the key to the Suns offense. Oh that's right, you were looking backwards again commenting on the Marbury trade right. You make your comments personal when you have no point to make or when your flawed logic is pointed out, which is often. I challenge you to do what most of us have done. Make some suggestions on how the Knicks can improve. You've suggested removing Thomas in several posts. Is that the best you can come up with? Who should replace Thomas? Do you have a plan? It's not negative if you make a competent suggestion.
    Do you even read my post? I posted a whole paragraph how Isiah helped the Phoneix Suns into elite status. Isiah tooked the two ugliest contracts in the NBA, Marbury and Penny, and gave Phoneix cap space to sign Steve Nash.

    I've already stated what the Knicks can do. Read my post more clearly. Only make trades that can help us get under the cap space under 2008, or trades for additional draft picks. Trading expiring contracts over and over has proven to fail.

    Originally Posted by SAT classes with Clyde
    hey metrocard i think that isiah's moves are good because, uh, marbury and francis were good once, and i uh heard their names a lot so now theyre going to be ten times better than before because theyre motivated! And james was uh on the globetrotters, so that means that uh he knows what he's doing...and it doesnt matter what our cap space is because we dont need to sign anyone; our team is perfect!
    Co-sign. Marbury and Francis were all star PG's 3 years ago. Together, they'll be an unstoppable back court. Penny Hardaway and Vin Baker were phenoms in the 90's. With their history of greatness, I thought they could of helped this team. Jerome James was a beast in the playoffs for Seattle averaging under 20 minutes a game, he totally deserved a 5 year deal as a 31 year old. Jamal Crawford can lead us, and Eddy Curry is one of the elite big men in the NBA. Balkman is ROY, Channing Fyre is too talented to be traded for NBA All stars like Ron Artest.

    Originally Posted by Starks
    lol dude, did you call me "Sparks"??? I think someone should create a thread to just end them all. Like a "post your formula to fix Knicks here" thread. That way we can see where everybody stands, and who actually can come up with a plan that can fix the team in 2-3 years (cause it aint happenin this season guys, sorry)

    I get a headache just htinking about where to start, if i was Thomas. He's a clown as an executive, but the guy's gutsy. gotta give Zeke that. If I was in his shoes I would have fled the country and hide for a decade months ago. lol I mean, even my little sister knows the guy is the biggest joke of NYC.
    I agree, someone should start a thread, and I'll present my plan for the Knicks. People should just remember, we need direction, subtract cancer players, cap space or additional draft picks, and don't trade for longer contracts or trade away draft picks.



    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Metrocard,

    you post like your age, (18 I think). Some doesn't agree with you and it's instant profanity like "asshead" (brilliant!). How did you arrive at me comparing Amare and Eddy Curry. I said most big men need time to figure things out. Shaq when he was young took tons of travelling calls. In time he figured things out. Good players need to play and learn. Eddy Curry is a good player. He needs time, but according to you he should be shipped. What's ingnorant is saying Curry is useless, only to watch him drop 27 and 10 (18 and 7 for the season). Who would you rather have at centre? Better yet why don't you outline YOUR unique plan for the Knicks. I read all these foolish comments of what should have been done. Constant bitching and moaning. PLEASE SPELL OUT YOUR PLAN. Educate us with your limited widsom.

    I said Isiah isn't a BAD COACH, he isn't a good coach either

    What the hell does that even mean? Have the balls too pick a side, then defend it.

    To blame Isiah for the guard play is ridiculous. You, or anyone else who thinks he responsible for the on court decisions made? That as foolish as saying that if stole a candy bar, my mother is responsible. If everyone took personal responsiblity for themselves, things would be a lot better for our team and in the world in general.

    And with Dirk, he got shut down by Udonis Haslem in the NBA Finals! What does that say? He leaves all the defense to his teammates, which isn't really fair. He should be fighting for boards and contributing on both ends of the floor. That's what good teammates do.

    EXCUSE ME EVERYONE, dr.carpy has officially declared because Curry and Crawford have scored 20 points each against Portland, they should be the face of the New York Knicks franchise for the next 10 years.

    If that's what you read you an Idiot plain and simple. To call both Crawford and Curry useless shows you're an Idiot that chain smokes crack. Both guys are pretty unique players that have exceptional skills.

    Irony:
    the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

    Now that you know the meaning (because clearly you didn't before) use only when it fits. Nothing I posted before would be considered "Irony" or "Ironic" quit trying to rock terms to sound smart. It's annoying. Fans like you are looking for someone to pull out a magic wand and fix everything. This again is not realistic. Deus Ex Machina or God in the Machine is going down here anytime soon. You want a quick fix, go watch a sitcom. They usually have a solution in less than 30 mins.

    P.S. Save the spell check for yourself. You only see the flaws in others, none in yourself. That is your biggest weakness. Stop telling everyone how to think. You're a kid. And you definetely don't have all the answers.
    I post like my age? What does my age have to do with it? Its Someone, not some. Reread your post before your type, if you don't you'll help me win my agruement again.

    dr.carpy, what things? You can mean anything by that, explain yourself. Shaq still gets called for traveling when he plays, why do you think he averages 3 turnovers a game? Eddy Curry has been in the NBA for 6 years. He has had his time in the NBA. He's been in the league for a while. Amare, Shaq, Duncan are Franchise players. Curry isn't a Franchise player, he's a good player, but not a franchise player. Comparing Curry with elite big men doesn't prove your agruement. Curry can dominant games if he puts as much effort on offense as he does on defense. He is a good talent, no one has questioned that. But he still suffers from the same flaws he had in Chicago. Thats why Chicago let Curry go. They felt his flaws couldn't be fixed. That is a fact.

    Why are you getting angry now? Don't worry about my balls. I've said this before and many times in the forum. I'll repeat for you. Isiah Thomas is a good players coach, the Knicks players seem to be happy with Isiah. But there is no denying Isiah is a terrible x and o's Coach. Our defense has looked worse under Isiah, and we average 17 turnovers a game. The team is confused on both sides on the ball. It confuses me also. Isiah was a champion in Detroit. I don't understand why he doesn't look back on the Detroit team from the past and try to use that as a sense of direction.

    Isiah is the coach for a reason, guys like Pop and Sloan train their players to be prepared every game to defend and play their hardest, if they don't, they lose minutes. Carlos Arroyo would be in Utah right now, but he didn't play defense hard enough. Sloan demanded to trade Arroyo, and he got traded for nothing. Isiah doesn't prepare this team well enough to win every night. This why he isn't fit to be the coach of this team now and in the future. When Isiah left IND, they vastly improved, and even won 60 games in a season. Isiah is still at fault, he's the GM TOO. He traded for those players. If they're not producing, he has failed as a GM, which is something we've witness repeatedly. I can't spell out a plan, I know I can explain it to you, but I understand how I would spell out a plan unless I d o t h i s. Try to make more sense, or choose to type in English.


    Hey kid, what does Haslem's defense have to do with "Dirk "learning" how to rebound""? You lost this agruement once again. The more you reply to this, the more off topic you go away from what you said earlier. Dirk knows HOW to rebound. I've said he isn't a banger, thats very obvious. But you need to know how to rebound to be top 10 in the NBA every year in rebounding. You don't average 9-10 rebounds a game without knowing how to rebound. You were wrong on that statement. Plus, Dirk averaged like 12 rebounds in the Finals and out rebounded Haslem. You make no sense really.


    "You an idiot?" Cavemen are Knick fans now? Speak English. If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent. I don't want you to do that to yourself now.

    I smoke crack? LOL Is that your comeback? I guess thats your way of saying "I can't prove your points wrong and I co-sign with them, I so I'll call you a crackhead." People here talk about personal insults, I got this guy calling me an idiot and a crackhead. This is my thread, and it will be no personal attacks. I'm too intelligent to lower myself to your level and reply back with an insult. Keep the crackhead/idiot talk out of here, thanks.

    Everyone in the NBA are "unique players that have exceptional skills", thats why they're in the NBA. You proved nothing to the agruement here though. You spent more time talking about me smoking crack than talking about Crawford and Curry. Lets discuss basketball and not drugs, okay? Crawford and Curry are not franchise players. They're 3rd and 2nd options who don't play defense and are turnover prone. Yes, they're unique offensive talented, and very excited to watch them when they're hot. They're both great kids too, none of them are trouble makers and they present themselves well on the MSG channel. These aren't the guys you want leading your franchise. They've proved in Chicago they can't win games, and they're proving in New York they can't carry the team to W's.


    I never knew 18 year old's were "kids". You're presenting yourself like a child with your insults, lack of explaining your theories, and you show alot of frustration on the computer. I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now? You're that frustrated? I just asked you kindly to explain and proved your points, you failed. Don't get mad at me over it, and especially don't get frustrated and troll with negative personal attacks on me. I'm open to discuss basketball with you, even if your theories are distant from reality as it gets, but when you start saying I smoke crack, you take the lost.



    Sorry, I had to post that, I love to joke. If you didn't see the video..check in the Hangout section I posted.

  12. #27
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,696
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    I'm still waiting on reading your plan to fix the Knicks. Do you have one or are we going to read more pointless posts?

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Metro you aspire to be me. I WENT to College. I have an English minor. I know without the shadow of a doubt that I'm far more intelligent than you. I started correcting you and now you do it with every minor mistake I make. I work on 24 hr call. AS THE HEAD OF MY DEPARTMENT, I make decisions whether it be 1 PM or 1 AM. Yeah, sometimes I respond and I'm tired. What's your excuse? I could really care less what you think of me simply cause you are inconsequential. In idot speak, you simply don't matter. The fact that you assume that you do, is well pathetic and laughable. I pay more in taxes, than you probably made last year. I have a wife, a department to run, a network to facillitate, family, and friends. Where in that equation do you think you fit in? GET OVER YOURSELF. You probably don't matter anywhere else, so why would you matter to me? By the way, I think it's cute you still write your responses in the same format when I first told you off. They say copying is the sincerest form of flattery (I know it's really Imitation, but this is the same thing right?). Everyone is happy you got a computer loaded with Adobe Photoshop for Christmas. However, your plan like the Don said is still not outlined. Quit the bull**** blah blah blahing and commit to a strategy for the team. So far all I've read is trade everyone. That's obviously not feaseable (that's possible in idiot speak, just so you can follow along to). I don't photoshop lame little banners to show I have marginal intelligence (apparently you do). Dirk is a terrible situational rebounder. In this sense, he is still learning. His career average is 8.6. David Lee has grabbed bigger rebounds in clutch situations. THAT'S WHY HE STILL LEARNING (MY OPINION JACKASS.) Ask Kenny Smith, he'll say the samething too. He said that after tonight's game where Josh Howard grabbed 11, while Dirk grabbed 7. Good thing I said it first.

    What do turnovers have to do with defense? Turnovers are an offensive problem. Defense happens when you don't have the ball. Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Isiah has no control in this area. Only the players do. Make them take responsibilites for THEIR mistakes.


    If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent

    the word is UNintelligent. But subliminally you wrote intelligent, cause it's true.

    18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults.

    My self is myself. Most people that speak English know that it's one word, not two.

    I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now?

    When I read this part I got misty. I heard violins, and I felt horrible....I really didn't. You write rude responses. So when those rude responses are returned in kind, you resort to this? Read you responses, anyone who sees things differently than you is an idiot. I don't look down on you. I just hate your rude responses. Speak to others with respect, most normal people enjoy that.


    Again, say something relevant or say nothing. I know your going to crack and say, I have no job. In advance...that's so original! I can post my credentials. Can you?
    Last edited by dr.carpy; Jan 05, 2007 at 04:22.

  14. #29
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You're right with Dirk's rebounding skills. A couple of years ago one of the greatest rebounders to play the game who goes by the name of Charles Barkley spoke on Dirk's rebounding. He said that he gets "garbage" rebounds and his numbers on deflate how soft he really is. He called him a powderpuff lol. And it's true...watch the games you'll see him get the rebounds after everyone is trying to get back on D since the Dallas is known for their full-court offense. Another thing you should tally are offensive rebounds. These are the harder rebounds to get because you usually have to be physical and fight for these boards...Out of 9.5 rebounds a game, he only averages 1.5 offensive rebounds a game. That's horrible for someone who is supposed to average a double-double a game (Even though he's technically never averaged a double double). It also helps to be a somewhat athletic 7 footer. So he's going to get rebounds naturally like that but most of them are still garbage rebounds. He's soft, can't bang with the big guys and charles barkley said it best...powderpuff lol. Garbage rebounds folks garbage rebounds...

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    I'm still waiting on reading your plan to fix the Knicks. Do you have one or are we going to read more pointless posts?
    The only one with pointless post in this thread are you, I'm going to discuss that in another thread.


    Originally Posted by dr.carpy
    Metro you aspire to be me. I WENT to College. I have an English minor. I know without the shadow of a doubt that I'm far more intelligent than you. I started correcting you and now you do it with every minor mistake I make. I work on 24 hr call. AS THE HEAD OF MY DEPARTMENT, I make decisions whether it be 1 PM or 1 AM. Yeah, sometimes I respond and I'm tired. What's your excuse? I could really care less what you think of me simply cause you are inconsequential. In idot speak, you simply don't matter. The fact that you assume that you do, is well pathetic and laughable. I pay more in taxes, than you probably made last year. I have a wife, a department to run, a network to facillitate, family, and friends. Where in that equation do you think you fit in? GET OVER YOURSELF. You probably don't matter anywhere else, so why would you matter to me? By the way, I think it's cute you still write your responses in the same format when I first told you off. They say copying is the sincerest form of flattery (I know it's really Imitation, but this is the same thing right?). Everyone is happy you got a computer loaded with Adobe Photoshop for Christmas. However, your plan like the Don said is still not outlined. Quit the bull**** blah blah blahing and commit to a strategy for the team. So far all I've read is trade everyone. That's obviously not feaseable (that's possible in idiot speak, just so you can follow along to). I don't photoshop lame little banners to show I have marginal intelligence (apparently you do). Dirk is a terrible situational rebounder. In this sense, he is still learning. His career average is 8.6. David Lee has grabbed bigger rebounds in clutch situations. THAT'S WHY HE STILL LEARNING (MY OPINION JACKASS.) Ask Kenny Smith, he'll say the samething too. He said that after tonight's game where Josh Howard grabbed 11, while Dirk grabbed 7. Good thing I said it first.

    What do turnovers have to do with defense? Turnovers are an offensive problem. Defense happens when you don't have the ball. Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Isiah has no control in this area. Only the players do. Make them take responsibilites for THEIR mistakes.


    If you want to prove your theory correct, calling me an idiot would make you look inferior, ignorant and intelligent

    the word is UNintelligent. But subliminally you wrote intelligent, cause it's true.

    18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults.

    My self is myself. Most people that speak English know that it's one word, not two.

    I'm a working proud college student, a Freshman yes. I have alot of learn in life, and I know that. I got my report record, and I got a 3.5 GPA, but I feel theres always room for improvement. I go to college and work for my family and my self. I want to keep them proud. I'm far from a kid, you shouldn't look down on me because I'm younger than you. I never said I had all the answers, why are you assuming things now?

    When I read this part I got misty. I heard violins, and I felt horrible....I really didn't. You write rude responses. So when those rude responses are returned in kind, you resort to this? Read you responses, anyone who sees things differently than you is an idiot. I don't look down on you. I just hate your rude responses. Speak to others with respect, most normal people enjoy that.


    Again, say something relevant or say nothing. I know your going to crack and say, I have no job. In advance...that's so original! I can post my credentials. Can you?
    Why even read the 1st paragraph? All I see is depression, low self esteem and sexual frustration. You have alot of hate behind that computer guy. Be more relaxed when you post. If you can't handle the forums, you shouldn't be here. Theres no need to write what you wrote in the first paragraph. Lets keep on basketball, I said that the last 4 post I made on here, but yet you've failed to do that and you got my off topic with non basketball discussion. This is why I can

    Right...you're far more intelligent than me? You have an English minor, but you fail to type simple words correctly. I'm not trying to bust your chops here, but you're trying too hard. I notice your self esteem is low when you debate with me, and you have to look for insults to make you feel you holding a debate now. Like I said I'm not going to insult you, I'm better than that. Theres no need to lower myself to your classless level. I don't know what "In idot speak" means, but I guess its you trying too hard to get me frustrated. Its not going to work, I don't get frustrated on the computer. You could try and try, but you'll end up losing wasted your time and getting frustrated over nothing. Its nice you have all these things in your life, but yet you still seem unhappy and display alot of anger here. I could type alot of bull**** about myself, ALOT. But that'll be a waste of time. I don't need to prove myself to someone as low as you.

    Like I said, you failed to explain how Dirk is still "learning" how to rebound. You must know how to grab a rebound in order to average 8.6 rebounds for your career. Dirk has been averaging over 9 rebounds a game as a super star. Dirk doesn't play around the paint, thats why his offensive rebounding numbers are low. I said, and I TOLD YOU, Dirk isn't a banger. This is obvious. Everyone in the world knows this. There is no such thing as "Garbage" rebounds. Every rebound counts and is important. The ball just doesn't fall to you. You need to be in the right situation and be alert of the ball. You make it sound like anybody can average 8.6 rebounds for their career. BTW, David Lee is one of the best rebounders in the NBA, comparing him to Dirk to make Dirk look like a bad rebounder doesn't prove your agruement at all. Accually thats weak on your part. A bad rebounder is Tim Thomas.

    The 1 and Only, 10 rebs a game is great, but 9 rebs a game isn't bad at all. Its Dirk's fault for grabbing defensive rebounds now? You're telling me that the opposing team doesn't fight for the rebound and they just let Dirk grab it, you think its that easy huh? Honestly, we know Dirk isn't an offensive rebounding machine, this so repeated. That isn't what the AGRUEMENT is about. The guy said Dirk is "learning" how to rebound, when he has had the same rebounding numbers the last 4-5 years. Dirk always been the same rebounder, nothing changed, he knows what he can bring to the team. Why do you think Dallas signed Dampier and Diop? They needed offensive rebounders, Dirk doesn't play around the paint, they needed bodies in the paint.


    dr.carpy, what do turnovers have to do with defense? A couple of things accually. When you turn the ball over, your team has to defend more possesions. Why make the defense work harder, especially knowing our defense is already weak.

    Hey, everyone dr. carpy finally put together a well written sentence and made a point(a point that co-signs with my idea and helps my agruement). Yes my little friend, Turnovers happen from a lack of concentration. Lack of concentration happends from lack of discipline, repition. Isiah obviously doesn't repeat his method enough to his plays. So when they're on the court, they're not focused enough. If you watch Jazz, Dallas, Laker or San Antonio games, you notice all the guys are on the same page. They excute the plays and communicate well with each other. Our offense? Its alot of one on one, isolation, no assisting, turnover by turnover. The way we win games is by hoping the other team has a bad shooting night. I don't want the Knicks to play like that. I want to play hard defense every night, grind it out(they're capable of doing this), and playing smart basketball. Stop the turnovers and capitalized on double teams. Eddy Curry could average 2 assist a game if he wanted, and only average 2 turnovers a game. Instead he forces things. Eddy Curry is dominant offensively when he lets the game come to him. When he has a bad game, its usually because he's forcing everything out there. Turnovers are VERY IMPORTANT, they're the biggest reason this season we've been under .500.

    Fine, I made one typo. You're happy now? You know what I meant, and you got the point. You could keep throwing insults at me, you're still going to look ignorant and stupid.

    This guy said "18 yr olds can vote, but they can't drink. That privilege is strictly for adults." LOL...what does that have to do with basketball?

    I hurt your feelings now? My responses aren't rude, I'm just clearly making points. You're just too stubborn, frustrated and angry to cosign or be reasonable. I co-sign with you when I see a point made in your post, just like in this post. It seems it hurts you when I prove my points and you can't. So I guess you take that as rude. If you want respect from me, you have to earn it. Calling me a crackhead, idiot, etc. Thats not going to work. I respect everyone's views in here equally. I think you need to get over the past, I admit I did clown on you too much in the past and you were probably offended. Nobody is perfect, including myself. That was a mistake by me, but you need to get over it. The 1 and Only and I went at it for a week, but we got over it and realize we're on the same team. Now we discuss reasonable everyday. I'm not even sure you're on the same team. You seem more of a Patrick Ewing fan than a fan of the Blue and Orange Jersey. But thats alright, as long as you support the Knicks, I'm cool with you. Take it easy.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 05, 2007 at 15:02.

Similar Threads

  1. Isiah Thomas
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Dec 09, 2007, 15:56
  2. Racist Press still has it in for Isiah
    By nixon7 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2007, 23:34
  3. Isiah Rips Former Knick over Comments
    By vinod1227 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2006, 14:18
  4. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 06:04
  5. Vote for Isiah Thomas!
    By 1s1ah in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2005, 13:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •