GAME THREAD - 01/03/07 - 10:00 PM Knicks @ Blazers

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Official Game Thread. All game notes,predictions,in-game observations etc. belong in this thread.

10:00 PM, Wednesday, January 3rd, 2007
Rose Garden, Portland, OR

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="420"><tbody><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
TV: MSG
RADIO: ESPN RADIO, 1050 am
TV STREAMING: TVU - O-TSN (channel 32398)
Sopcast - MSG (channel 13081)
Radio Streaming:The Game Live

</td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#003399">
knicks_logo.gif

New York Knicks: 13-21
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3099.jpg
</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>
3407.jpg
3609.jpg
3934.jpg
3514.jpg
</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Marbury</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Crawford</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jeffries</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Frye</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Curry</center></td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td colspan="6">
@
</td></tr><tr height="1"><td colspan="6" bgcolor="black"></td></tr><tr align="center"><th colspan="6" bgcolor="#000000">
blazers_logo.gif

Portland Trail-Blazers: 13-19
</th></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>PG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SG</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>SF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>PF</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>C</center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
3948.jpg
</center></center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center><center>
4134.jpg
3501.jpg
3531.jpg
3408.jpg
</center></center></td></tr><tr><td align="center" width="90"><center>Jack</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Roy</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Udoka</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Randolph</center></td><td align="center" width="90"><center>Przybilla</center></td></tr></tbody></table>

Stats
Knicks Team Stats
Blazers Team Stats

Notes
www.nba.com/knicks/news/notes.pdf
www.nba.com/blazers/news/notes.pdf

Game Preview
www.nba.com/games/20070103/NYKPOR/preview.html

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
From the game notes:
SERIES NOTES
• Portland and New York split their two-game series last season, with each club winning at home. Since the 1991-92 season, the
Knicks and Trail Blazers are an even 14-14 in head-to-head play.
• The Knicks have lost six straight in Portland, with the team’s last win coming in 1999-2000, a 93-89 victory on March 26.
• The Trail Blazers hold a 33-11 advantage against the Knicks in the Rose City.
• Knicks head coach Isiah Thomas is 1-5 coaching against the Trail Blazers.
• Zach Randolph averaged 23.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists in two starts vs. New York in 2005-06.
• The two clubs meet again at Madison Square Garden on Thursday, March 22.
• Knicks guard Nate Robinson, a Seattle native and teammate of Portland rookie Brandon Roy’s at Washington, will not play
Wednesday as he serves out a suspension.
• Knicks forward David Lee is competing with Zach Randolph among NBA leaders in double-doubles this season. As of Tuesday,
Randolph has 19 double-doubles to Lee’s 16.

metrocard

Legend
Udoka will probably go off on us. Knicks need a win badly, we're been taking losses that have hurt our swagger and confidence, especially all that confidence we build up with those over time wins, and those clutch wins at the Garden. Check out Sergio Rodriguez tonight, he's a PG Isiah didn't draft and picked Nate Robinson. Sergio is one of the best passers in the NBA, but this should be a fun game to watch since both teams are equally matched.

Rady no one gives you props for your game threads, so I'll be the first. Good set up you got, thanks for the hard work you put into this forum, I'l definately try to get more fans in here (reasonable logical Knick fans).

finally!
we played very well!
some of those dunks were just awesome to watch.
i love marbury's energy, and even sitting on the bench q seems to pump other players up.

hopefully we can beat seattle on friday...
im stoked.
:gony:

metrocard: i love your isiah picture :agreed:

die_hard

Rookie
finally!
we played very well!
some of those dunks were just awesome to watch.
i love marbury's energy, and even sitting on the bench q seems to pump other players up.

hopefully we can beat seattle on friday...
im stoked.
:gony:

metrocard: i love your isiah picture :agreed:

cosigns!! tonight was a good win, we needed it! if we can make that kind of effort on offence and defence night in and night out! we gotta good chance of closing the season on a positive note maybe even finish off with a winning record! what i like most is nobody really forced anything tonight they just played hard and smart.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Rady no one gives you props for your game threads, so I'll be the first. Good set up you got, thanks for the hard work you put into this forum, I'l definately try to get more fans in here (reasonable logical Knick fans).

Hah, thanks, i appreciate it. :smokin:

Anyway, good win last night. Didn't watched the game because it was too late. Anyway, here are the

Video Highlights

NYKnicks15

Starter
Good win for us. not in the sense it was a good team. but it was good to wind down and get an easy victory. boost the confidence a little. maybe they can use it against the next team (seattle).

now in regards to metrocard. i enjoy your posts. great poster. and i understand you have hatred for Isiah Thomas.. but come on man. Im not the biggest Isiah fan (by a long shot) but you are gushing over a guy (Rodriguez) who is averaging 2pts 1reb and 3asts. he is a good passer ok.. but if hes so good why is he only doing those stats and getting 10 minutes.

his allstar game against us....
6 pts. 33% shooting. 3 person fouls. 1 turnover. 1 reb. 2 ast.
talk about a winner. haha.

you have very creditable points when it comes to isiah in your other posts BUT its ones like these where you (and others) that try to bash him at any opportunity possible that make Isiah likers or semibackers lose faith in what you are saying. im just sayin dont try to jab him on every little thing. we understand you dont like him. but damn man haha SERGIO RODRIGUEZ.

well and Ime Udoka... where was he last night? and I guess we arent so evenly matched with Portland after all.

Not rippin you man, just gets tiring readin of all these pokes at him 24-7. but keep on keepin on.:thumbsup:

metrocard

Legend
Good win for us. not in the sense it was a good team. but it was good to wind down and get an easy victory. boost the confidence a little. maybe they can use it against the next team (seattle).

now in regards to metrocard. i enjoy your posts. great poster. and i understand you have hatred for Isiah Thomas.. but come on man. Im not the biggest Isiah fan (by a long shot) but you are gushing over a guy (Rodriguez) who is averaging 2pts 1reb and 3asts. he is a good passer ok.. but if hes so good why is he only doing those stats and getting 10 minutes.

his allstar game against us....
6 pts. 33% shooting. 3 person fouls. 1 turnover. 1 reb. 2 ast.
talk about a winner. haha.

you have very creditable points when it comes to isiah in your other posts BUT its ones like these where you (and others) that try to bash him at any opportunity possible that make Isiah likers or semibackers lose faith in what you are saying. im just sayin dont try to jab him on every little thing. we understand you dont like him. but damn man haha SERGIO RODRIGUEZ.

well and Ime Udoka... where was he last night? and I guess we arent so evenly matched with Portland after all.

Not rippin you man, just gets tiring readin of all these pokes at him 24-7. but keep on keepin on.:thumbsup:

Rodriguez is pretty talented, if you have NBA TV, keep on eye on him. He gets 10 minutes a game because Jarret Jack is another young PG talent who's emerging into a quality starter.

Good win tho, Curry is getting alot of burn. Knicks can't forget he has a heart condition, seeing Curry go down will make our offensive depleted, and with our terrible D, thats not a good mix.