Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

Default The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

Self Explanatory, no? If you post on this site more than once a week, illuminate us on how you would fix this franchise.

Key things to remember: Salary Cap, Contracts, ESPN's trade machine, and the Boo Birds at MSG calling for Dolan and Zeke's heads on a platter.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

Thank you Starks. Happy to be the first to reply.

The first thing we must realize is that this situation will be better in time. This is Houston's finally check this year. That in it's self is great news. There are several options for the Knicks. The first was brought to my attention by 15 so I can't take credit for it. Eddie Jones has an expiring contract. We could try to trade Francis for Jones and a draft pick. The Grizzlies need a PG and that may be where Francis can fit in. Many of us have been speculating as to where Garnett will land after this season. An option I've stated before is to trade Frye\Francis\Rose for Garnett, but that won't be the best financial option due to Garnett making 20 M a year.

I've always felt that Marbury is more of a shooting guard but the problem is he is the best point guard on the team. Although our guard roster is flooded we should trade out some guards for a starting PG like Luke Ridnour. Ridnour barely fits in to the line up as Seattle is looking to make changes.

So here are my suggestions:

Francis for Eddie Jones (15's suggestion)
    Francis/Frye/Rose for Garnett
    Nate Robinson for Luke Ridnour

We could pull off two of the three choices I've presented. I'd like to see a line up of

Ridnour
    Marbury
    Richardson
    Granett
    Curry

how about we just bring walt clyde out of retirement

Im just gona copy and paste this from a comment i left on my friend's mysapce page a week ago:

I thought of this last night during a poker game...

My plan to fix the knicks;
    1) Remove Zeke, and hire Kiki Vandewiegh, Jerry West, or even Magic if he's ready for GM.
    2) Save soem dough and try to hire Greg Anthony, Kenny Smith, or even Stan Van Gundy as new coach
    3)Send Frye and Jerome James to Sac town for Ron Ron, throw in Nate if they want more.
    4)Send Franchise and Steph to Philly for Andre Miller and C-Web

Then in offseason...
    1)Let C-Web's contract expire! take the money off the cap
    2)Resign Andre Miller since he's the "POINT GUARD" this team has
    needed since like 1991
    3) See if Allan Houston really is interested in coming back for the Vet minimum. Brining him back will be a gift for fans
    4)See if Charles Oakley really is interested in being a part of the franchise- have him work them, especially Lee, at practice to toughen them up

Season after that...
    Throw the friggin bank at Bron Bron, Wade or Anthony! once one them are signed, enjoy the Knicks being back to a first place team. Simple!

Default nothing

no trades, no huge signings. let contracts expire and get some picks. teams like orlando and utah got where they are by being frugal, drafting well, and rebuilding.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I guess this thread will be Isiah-apologist judging my decisions.

DonChris been dying to present a plan, but I'll just make him look more stupid. My first POST ever here was this post.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As you see, I already presented some options for the Knicks.

If I was Isiah in the start, I would of have never made these transactions.

Marbury/Penny trade for Cap space/draft picks

Curry for cap space/draft picks deal

Vin Baker signing

Trading Penny/Ariza for Francis

Jerome James signing

Trading for Malik Rose

Trading for Maurice Taylor

Trading for Tim Thomas

Trading for Jalen Rose

We would of been under the cap this season, but oh well, I'm gonna give you guys my ideas and options for 2006, thats the past, we must look into now and the future.

The logic is simple here.

-Don't trade expiring contracts
    -Don't trade draft picks
    -Only trade for contracts that will get under the cap before 2008.
    -Or another option can be trading for contracts with the same ammount of years, but for additional draft picks

We must also look at the group of players we have. See who's tradeable, look at their value(their contract and how much they produce).

Untradeable
    David Lee

Tradeable players with value
    Nate Robinson
    Eddy Curry
    Richardson
    Balkman
    Fyre
    Crawford

Players who should be on the trade block, but have little value, due to their contracts

Marbury
    Francis
    Rose
    James
    Jefferies

Lets review the teams in the NBA that have expiring contracts.

Charlotte
    Ely Isn't happy with his role in Charlotte

Chicago
    P.J. Brown-Has stated he wasn't happy with his position in Chicago, huge expiring contract, but I doubt Chicago would want to give him up, Chicago has made it obvious their direction is stay away from cap hell.

Clevand
    Scot Pollard
    Aleksandar Pavlovic
    Anderson Varejao

Dallas
    Jerry Stackhouse
    Austin Croshere
    These guys haven't played much of a role in Dallas, but Dallas probably won't give them up, they will relieve alot of cap space

Detroit
    Dale Davis Detroit needs a center...we have one.

Golden State
    Mickael Pietrus
    Zarko

Houston
    Mutumbo

LA Lakers
    Chris Mihm
    Aaron McKie
    Lakers also need a center, but they have alot of hope in Bynum.

MIL Bucks
    Rubuen Patterson This team could use defensive help, too bad we lack defenders.

Miami Heat
    James Posey Would accually be a decent pick up, he plays defense. Recently he was suspended, so the Heat are trying to move him.

Memphis Grizzlies
    Eddie Jones Obtaining Eddie Jones contract would be huge, especially if we could move Marbury/Jerome James. The more we subtract the closer we get to getting under the cap.
    Jake Tsakalidis

Orlando
    Grant Hill
    Darko Milicic - These guys are clearly untradable and will most likely be resigned.

New Orleans
    Desmond Mason
    Marc Johnson
    I like Mason alot, he doesn't have a jumpshot, but he can score and defend, expiring contract along with Marc Johnson.

Sacramento
    Corliss Williamson
    Vitaly Potapenko
    Corliss is a good veteran and offensive player, Vitaly has an expiring.

Portland
    Jamaal Magloire

San Antonio
    Eric Williams

Washington
    Jarvis Hayes
    Booth

Jazz
    Aruajo

Toronto
    Morris Peterson Toronto is trying to move him.

Seattle
    Danny Fortson Another expiring contract.

We must keep in mind, that other teams in the NBA are trying to stay under the cap too, so it won't be easy. I bolded a couple of players who I believe could be available in the market.

The first move I would is get rid of one of Isiah's favorite players, to send a messege we're cleaning house here, starting fresh.

New York trades
    Jamal Crawford

Seattle trades
    Johan Petro
    Danny Fortson

For New York, we lose a chucker, and get a young center prospect in Johan Petro. a shot blocker who's atheletic. A good back up for Curry. Danny Fortson is an expiring contract, yes he's a dirty player, but we won't have to worry about him in the future.

For Seattle, with all the Ray Allen trade talk for the past couple of years, they get a young SG who can score to play along side Ridnour in his hometown of Seattle. It also adds dept to their bench.

Ridnour/Watson
    Allen/Crawford
    Lewis/Wilkins
    Wilcox/Collinson
    Swift/Sene

New York trades
    Steve Francis
    Jerome James

Memphis trades
    Eddie Jones
    Jake Tsakalidis

for the Knicks, we get rid of the worst contracts on the team. This benefits the cap and we get closer to our mission.

For the Grizzlies, they finally get a PG who can penatrate and create. Damon Stoudmire and Atkins are only spot up shooters, they lack production from the PG position.

Memphis will possible ask for a 2nd rebounder, but the 2007 draft looks deep. This may be a risky trade, we subtract two problems which is a positive.

Francis
    Miller
    Gay
    Warrick
    Gasol

Knicks trade
    Q Richardson
    Channing Fyre
    Malik Rose
    2nd rounder

Kings trade

Ron Artest
    Corliss Williamson
    Fransico Garcia
    Vitaly Pop

Knicks get a couple of good perimeter defenders in this deal, Garcia and Artest. Corliss is a good vet and scorer. Vitaly Pop contract expires.

Kings have no young big men. Fyre would be perfect in their finese offensive style. They get a somebody to start next Kevin Martin. Artest offensive production hasn't been good for Sac, With Q playing next to K-money, Sacramento will get a role player who does everything. This opens up things for K-Money. They recieve a 2nd rounder for the up coming draft.

Bibby
    K-Money
    Q-Rich
    Fyre
    Brad Miller

So after that, these are the players we have from the Isiah era.

Nate Robinson
    Eddy Curry
    Balkman
    Marbury
    Jeffries
    Lee

We subtracted Francis, James, Rose, Crawford, Richardson and Fyre

So we have a roster of

Robinson
    Curry
    Balkman
    Marbury
    Jeffries
    Lee
    Ron Artest
    Corliss Williamson
    Fransico Garcia
    Vitaly Pop
    Eddie Jones
    Jake Tsakalidis
    Johan Petro
    Danny Fortson

Thats a total of 14 players.

Vitaly Pop gets waived, so its 13.

Marbury and Jeffries would be on the trade block, but I will look into other options for them. We could do Marbury, Jeffries for Stackhouse, Croshere, Anthony Johnson, and Jose Juan Barea. But I doubt Dallas will accept, even though they're in need of a back up PG and a wing defender like Jefferies. It would benefit us accually.

Anyway, heres our line up without that deal.

Marbury/Robinson
    Jones/Garcia
    Artest/Jefferies/Williamson
    Lee/Balkman/Fortson
    Curry/Petro/Tsakalidis

I see much more defense and less chuckers/overdribblers, which is a positive. The Dallas deal would benefit us more, and complete the mission of getting under the cap. This is the line up with the Dallas deal.

Dallas
    Terry/Marbury
    Harris/Buckner/Ager
    Howard/George/Jefferies
    Dirk/Mensah-Bonsu
    Dampier/Diop

Marbury could really rise under Avery Johnson, off the bench Avery Johnson can use Marbury's penatration as a weapon, Jefferies can be utilized in many different defensive situations, something Croshere or Stackhouse couldn't provide. This would also bring Dallas above other teams with more bench depth.

Knicks

Anthony Johnson/Nate Robinson/Jose Juan Barea
    Jerry Stackhouse/Jones/Garcia
    Artest/Williamson/Balkman
    Lee/Croshere/Fortson
    Curry/Petro/Tskalidis

We have would a very strong frontcourt with Artest, Lee, Curry. They will play with a veteran back court of Anthony Johnson(who was proven to be productive in Indiana, and a good perimeter scorer in Jerry Stackhouse.

We have a nice young core in Nate Rob, JJ Barea, Garcia, Balkman, Lee, Curry and Petro. Plus a deep set of reserves with Jones, Williamson, Croshere, Fortson, and Tskalidis. We still keep talent on the roster, improved defensively and solve the cap hell situation. This is just my focus on the direction for the Knicks. We obviously won't keep A Johnson, Jones, Fortson, Croshere and Williamson for the future, since they're merely nothing but cap space relief. But they would be servicable veterans who know how to play the game for this season. I really would have more hope in a young core of Robinson, Jose Juan Barea, Garcia, Balkamn, Lee, Curry, Petro led by Ron Artest, we could really build from that, especially if those young players develop into their max potential.

Thanks for reading.

Originally Posted by donchris
    Thank you Starks. Happy to be the first to reply.

The first thing we must realize is that this situation will be better in time. This is Houston's finally check this year. That in it's self is great news. There are several options for the Knicks. The first was brought to my attention by 15 so I can't take credit for it. Eddie Jones has an expiring contract. We could try to trade Francis for Jones and a draft pick. The Grizzlies need a PG and that may be where Francis can fit in. Many of us have been speculating as to where Garnett will land after this season. An option I've stated before is to trade Frye\Francis\Rose for Garnett, but that won't be the best financial option due to Garnett making 20 M a year.

I've always felt that Marbury is more of a shooting guard but the problem is he is the best point guard on the team. Although our guard roster is flooded we should trade out some guards for a starting PG like Luke Ridnour. Ridnour barely fits in to the line up as Seattle is looking to make changes.

So here are my suggestions:

Francis for Eddie Jones (15's suggestion)
    Francis/Frye/Rose for Garnett
    Nate Robinson for Luke Ridnour

We could pull off two of the three choices I've presented. I'd like to see a line up of

Ridnour
    Marbury
    Richardson
    Granett
    Curry
    I agree with the first one. You probably stole that idea from me with my first thread on this forum. The other two are unrealstic. Why would Minnesota take cap space hell and Channing Fyre who has no all star potential? That trade would make Minnesota the worst team in the NBA without their MVP. In order to get Garnett, we would have to give up Fyre, plus Curry. I'm glad you're the first to reply to this thread, that was a terrible suggestion. Knicks can't always give a buch of scrubs away for a MVP caliber player. His name isn't Granett, its Garnett. Atleast spell it right if you want him on this team.

Marbury can't play shooting guard, he's been a 1 all his life. Let Marbury be Marbury. if he can't be Marbury in New York, that means its time to move him.

Of course this situation will be better in time, but why not change the problem and avoid failure? Any team in the NBA can wait another 3 years to expect things to get better. Things can't get any worse than last year or now. We're been to the lowest point a team in the NBA can get honestly. It has to get better, but you're stating nothing special. We need to get better, and control time, not let time control our fate. Thats been the problem with Thomas, he can't control the fate of his team cause he has no direction.

Originally Posted by seth
    no trades, no huge signings. let contracts expire and get some picks. teams like orlando and utah got where they are by being frugal, drafting well, and rebuilding.
    I totally agree with this concept. Too bad Isiah came here and just killed that concept. If Isiah did what you just said, I would be the biggest Isiah fan in the NBA.

BTW...I forgot my most important transaction of all of them. FIRE ISIAH THOMAS. I would make it embarassing as possible. Put him in the center of the Knicks court, and have thousands of New Yorkers throw pop corn at him. Then drop him off in the South Bronx on University Ave and let him have his ways with Bloods.
    Last edited by metrocard; Jan 04, 2008 at 12:12.

Metrocard for Presdient!

lol seriously though, I didn't read the whole thing, I'll save it for the weekend. It looks like a good read for a lunch break, and better than anything on espn.com. No one liked my plan???

Thumbs down

There's only one thing wrong with your suggestion.... It's stupid and unrealistic. You don't post anything useful so it is a smack in the face to think that any one would copy any thing from you and use and put it to good use. I'm talking about adding one or two key players. You are talking about gutting the whole team. Your plan is worse that Thomas'.

The word for the day is "CHEMISTRY". We have solid players so gutting the team as you've suggested is a bad bad move and one typical of some one that does not know the team. Sorry buddy, try try again. You posted so much B.S. I don't know where to begin.

First your title.
    "Players who should be on the trade block, but have little value, due to their contracts." What? This makes no sense. So they have little value because of their contracts but you want them on the trading block?
    Question. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TRADE THEM IF THEY HAVE LITTLE VALUE DUE TO THEIR CONTRACTS?
    "Little value due to their contracts."
    "Little value due to their contracts." I had to post it twice so you can see the inconsistency in your statement. The title in it's self contradicts your trade and makes the trade idea pointless. Dr. Carpy the English major must be shaking his head right now. I'm starting to think you may have A.D.D. but I could be wrong.

Second
    The Johan Petro/Danny Fortson trade is just not good. That's all I can say about it. It sucks!

Third
    Memphis trades: Eddie Jones\Jake Tsakalidis. This looks familiar. Ever heard of plagiarism? Yeah you added Jake Tsakalidis for Knicks trash time but still a failed attemt to create an original thought.

Forth
    The forth option was by far the best of every thing you had to offer, which isn't saying much considering but I am trying to give you some credit here.
    Marbury/Robinson
    Jones/Garcia
    Lee/Balkman/Fortson
    Curry/Petro/Tsakalidis

This time you did not gut the whole team. YEAH WAY TO GO KID! Although I would not have gone with Petro, Tsakalidis or Garcia. Nor is it realistic because no one is going to pick up James. So in your failed attempt to make me look "stupid", you have just exposed your own stupidity. However in fairness you should be given credit for actually coming up with a constructive idea. Although most of your ideas belong to some one else and the one you did come up with sucks.

Grade= D- Nice try.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by donchris
    There's only one thing wrong with your suggestion.... It's stupid and unrealistic. You don't post anything useful so it is a smack in the face to think that any one would copy any thing from you and use and put it to good use. I'm talking about adding one or two key players. You are talking about gutting the whole team. Your plan is worse that Thomas'.

The word for the day is "CHEMISTRY". We have solid players so gutting the team as you've suggested is a bad bad move and one typical of some one that does not know the team. Sorry buddy, try try again. You posted so much B.S. I don't know where to begin.

First your title.
    "Players who should be on the trade block, but have little value, due to their contracts." What? This makes no sense. So they have little value because of their contracts but you want them on the trading block?
    Question. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TRADE THEM IF THEY HAVE LITTLE VALUE DUE TO THEIR CONTRACTS?
    "Little value due to their contracts."
    "Little value due to their contracts." I had to post it twice so you can see the inconsistency in your statement. The title in it's self contradicts your trade and makes the trade idea pointless. Dr. Carpy the English major must be shaking his head right now. I'm starting to think you may have A.D.D. but I could be wrong.

Second
    The Johan Petro/Danny Fortson trade is just not good. That's all I can say about it. It sucks!

Third
    Memphis trades: Eddie Jones\Jake Tsakalidis. This looks familiar. Ever heard of plagiarism? Yeah you added Jake Tsakalidis for Knicks trash time but still a failed attemt to create an original thought.

Forth
    The forth option was by far the best of every thing you had to offer, which isn't saying much considering but I am trying to give you some credit here.
    Marbury/Robinson
    Jones/Garcia
    Lee/Balkman/Fortson
    Curry/Petro/Tsakalidis

This time you did not gut the whole team. YEAH WAY TO GO KID! Although I would not have gone with Petro, Tsakalidis or Garcia. Nor is it realistic because no one is going to pick up James. So in your failed attempt to make me look "stupid", you have just exposed your own stupidity. However in fairness you should be given credit for actually coming up with a constructive idea. Although most of your ideas belong to some one else and the one you did come up with sucks.

Grade= D- Nice try.
    I guess you can't take critism too well.

What you did was NBA Live 2006 trades. You can't prove to me why Minnesota would take Steve Francis, Rose, and Fyre for Garnett. Why would Seattle take Robinson for Ridnour straight up? Ridnour is their starter, Robinson isn't even starting. Ridnour does everything better than Robinson as a PG, why would they want to degrade? The only good idea you presented was my idea I already presented a long time ago.

You're talking about an unrealstic deal, Minnesota doesn't Francis. They have Mike James, Randy Foye, Hudson, Jaric, Rashad McCants. They have enough combo guards my silly friend. Are you that angry that you even think normally anymore? Be logically and reasonable. That trade doesn't favor Minnesota at all. I expected bad from you, but you're really getting worse.

Nah, this isn't Seseme Street, there is no word of the day. and Chemistry? We have none, so what we will lose? You act like we have chemistry right now. We having chemistry to lose a game, sure. We would lose NOTHING. There is no chemistry. We average alot of turnovers, looked confused on offense and defense. Solid players? We need great PLAYERS, but we can't obtain great players first, we need expiring contracts and cap space to sign great players like Steve Nash or Ben Wallace. Phoneix and Chicago did this when Isiah gave them Cap Space. I'm trying to go that direction. Most of the players on this roster are medicore, we can't be solid, I'm aiming for a higher standard. This is why you're an Isiahsexual and I'm a opportunist Knick fan. We need to start capitalizing and stop being the ass of every joke in the NBA thanks to Isiah/Dolan/Cablevision terrible front office decisions.

Another insult, you're ignorant and angry now. You can't discuss basketball without insulting me. You feel your intelligence is challenged so you have to be that low now? Atleast you'll end up getting banned for a week, we definately don't need your garbage around here.

Listen, typing in CAPS doesn't prove your point. It never will. I think you can go a month on here without proving your points right, cause you and Carpy continue to show frustration throughout your post.

I'm open to co-sign with anyone in this forum. I even co-signed with you, even though you copied my Francis to Memphis idea. I don't hold a beef with you like you hold with me. You seem motivated when you post against me trying to prove yourself, but you fail everytime showing ignorance, frustration and hate.

Accually it makes perfect sense. Just because the contract has little value doesn't make the players bad. Lets be honest, Stephon Marbury and Francis are still very talented PG's and can start on alot of teams in the NBA. The problem is they don't fit on the Knicks, and they're not easy to trade because not every GM in the NBA is Isiah Thomas. So in order to trade them, the talent has to be lopsided, with the Knicks getting less talent in return, and the other team getting Marbury. This is when you attack expiring contracts of bench players like Croshere, Williamson, Fortston, Stackhouse, etc and etc. Do you understand? You probably won't, sicne you're so fast to disagree with me and not co-sign. If you look at the trades I did, Jamal Crawford is obviously a superior talent compared to Johan Petro/Fortson. But we need to subtract in order to get under the cap.

Your agruement the Fortson/Johan Petro trade sucks? Thats it? Thats your agruement? It sucks? Its a good trade for Seattle, they get more talent and dept, Knicks get more cap space and decent back up center for Curry. We needed a shot blocker anyway, if you don't like this deal you're not a Knicks fan.

plagiarism?, I'm sorry for cursing, but this is how I truely feel, and I gotta let the New Yorker out of me now. Are you ****ing STUPID? I've been had the Francis to Memphis idea for almost a year now, even before I came here I had that idea. My first POST on this forum. Check it out. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , I mention Francis to Memphis, if anyone is plagiarising its you. And when I made the first post in this thread, I didn't even read your post. You're just hating on me now, which is pathetic.

You're really embarassing, especially knowing your a Knick fan. You show no class in your post, all you do is insult people. I never seen you talk purely about basketball.

What is with you and not gutting the team? Is it against your religion to see the Knicks franchise start a fresh new page? You don't understand. For the last 3 years, we've been the worst team in the NBA. Do you see Chicago with Crawford Chandler, and Curry now? NO. Do you see Chicago with Jason Williams? No. They decided to keep Hinrich, draft Deng, Gordon, sign Nicioni, and Wallace. Now they're contenders in the Eastern Conference. They kept a core player in Hinrich and built from there. Thats what we could do. We have Lee, everyone else is tradable. We have no chemsitry now, we're not a winning basketball team now. Why not start fresh now? What are we waiting for? Do we need to keep Francis for another 2-3 years? Same with Marbury, James, Rose, Crawford and etc? No. I don't want to be medicore for 3 years straight. I don't mind sucking for a year, but having hope because they'll be cap space.

But then again, you don't know how to explain yourself. You just go off like "OMG YOU IDIOT YOUR TRADE IDEAS SUCK, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TRADE MARBURY CRAWFORD FRANCIS JAMES YOU CAN'T GUT THIS TEAM.". Why not have Petro, Garica or Jake? They're insurance players and good reserves who can defend the basket. Why not be deep? You don't want the Knicks to improve or you just don't want to agree with me?

Heres a tip, stop typing in caps. Stop throwing insults, cause you're only talking about yourself when you call people stupid or an idiot. When you want to explain yourself saying "It sucks" isn't good enough, probably in the Carolinas, but not in NYC kid.

I think you just tried your hardest to oppose my views, where ever I go. I could be right, but you just like to agrue. I don't even think you follow the Knicks. You just log on this site just to agrue against what I text. I could say the American flag is red white and blue, but you'll agrue its green yellow and purple. Its gotten ridiculous to the point I don't even take your post seriously. I just lay down some knowledge for myself and the Knicks fan base.

Haha, you're giving me credit now? This is just proves how valid my points are when you're forced to give me credit. I love how you can't live with giving me credit and you had to take the credit away saying I didn't think of these ideas, but someone else did. Hey, since you can't prove anything else you said in this thread, or in the other threads, try to prove these are someone elses ideas. I want exactly the same post too. Word for word.

Once again, my bad for cursing earlier, but what you said I couldn't let go, thats how bad it was. I don't even curse against Dr. Carpy, and his post are really bad. I mean he spends more time talking about his made up offline life how he's the King of Canada, has a wife, money, college degrees than basketball. Atleast you don't talk about smoking crack or start typing in a different language, I'm guessing carpy thinks he's still in Jamaica. . Hey jokes, don't get offended. Be HAPPY, stop being so frustrated all the time when you post.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    BTW...I forgot my most important transaction of all of them. FIRE ISIAH THOMAS. I would make it embarassing as possible. Put him in the center of the Knicks court, and have thousands of New Yorkers throw pop corn at him. Then drop him off in the South Bronx on University Ave and let him have his ways with Bloods.
    What would this accomplish?

Most of the things I've read on this thread are what I call "shake ups". I'm not saying any of them are wrong but I don't want any more shakeups. The past 7 years have been shakeups so why do we need another one? I liked seth's idea...just let everything expire and pile up picks. That's the best idea I've seen on here. Everything else is too radical. If you change everything like what most people have done on this site then you're going to do more harm than good. We are on the right track. So why fire everybody and trade everybody just so we can be under the cap? We'll be under the cap soon enough. Let's keep the rooks and sophs. Frye doesn't have all-star potential? Then why is it all NBA teams were trying to aquire him last year? Why were analysts saying he would be ROY runner up if he didn't get hurt? I'm not a big fan of Frye but I realize what he can do...he can shoot the rock. We can teach him the mentality to rebound. And the don is on to something. Chemistry is the word of the day. How are we ever going to gain chemistry if we take on the radical movements in this thread? Believe it or not we are gaining somewhat of a chemistry but any of these silly trades would ruin it. The upgrade of Curry's game, the minutes distribution, and just the mentality of the team will be ruined. If everyone thinks they are on the trading block then how will they're play translate on the court? If we are going to make trades like GMs you must think like one. Trust me I would know...the GM skills runs in the fam. My plan will be revealed shortly...I'm too busy right now to post one but you will hear my theory soon...

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I guess you can't take critism too well.

What you did was NBA Live 2006 trades. You can't prove to me why Minnesota would take Steve Francis, Rose, and Fyre for Garnett. Why would Seattle take Robinson for Ridnour straight up? Ridnour is their starter, Robinson isn't even starting. Ridnour does everything better than Robinson as a PG, why would they want to degrade? The only good idea you presented was my idea I already presented a long time ago.

You're talking about an unrealstic deal, Minnesota doesn't Francis. They have Mike James, Randy Foye, Hudson, Jaric, Rashad McCants. They have enough combo guards my silly friend. Are you that angry that you even think normally anymore? Be logically and reasonable. That trade doesn't favor Minnesota at all. I expected bad from you, but you're really getting worse.

Nah, this isn't Seseme Street, there is no word of the day. and Chemistry? We have none, so what we will lose? You act like we have chemistry right now. We having chemistry to lose a game, sure. We would lose NOTHING. There is no chemistry. We average alot of turnovers, looked confused on offense and defense. Solid players? We need great PLAYERS, but we can't obtain great players first, we need expiring contracts and cap space to sign great players like Steve Nash or Ben Wallace. Phoneix and Chicago did this when Isiah gave them Cap Space. I'm trying to go that direction. Most of the players on this roster are medicore, we can't be solid, I'm aiming for a higher standard. This is why you're an Isiahsexual and I'm a opportunist Knick fan. We need to start capitalizing and stop being the ass of every joke in the NBA thanks to Isiah/Dolan/Cablevision terrible front office decisions.

Another insult, you're ignorant and angry now. You can't discuss basketball without insulting me. You feel your intelligence is challenged so you have to be that low now? Atleast you'll end up getting banned for a week, we definately don't need your garbage around here.

Listen, typing in CAPS doesn't prove your point. It never will. I think you can go a month on here without proving your points right, cause you and Carpy continue to show frustration throughout your post.

I'm open to co-sign with anyone in this forum. I even co-signed with you, even though you copied my Francis to Memphis idea. I don't hold a beef with you like you hold with me. You seem motivated when you post against me trying to prove yourself, but you fail everytime showing ignorance, frustration and hate.

Accually it makes perfect sense. Just because the contract has little value doesn't make the players bad. Lets be honest, Stephon Marbury and Francis are still very talented PG's and can start on alot of teams in the NBA. The problem is they don't fit on the Knicks, and they're not easy to trade because not every GM in the NBA is Isiah Thomas. So in order to trade them, the talent has to be lopsided, with the Knicks getting less talent in return, and the other team getting Marbury. This is when you attack expiring contracts of bench players like Croshere, Williamson, Fortston, Stackhouse, etc and etc. Do you understand? You probably won't, sicne you're so fast to disagree with me and not co-sign. If you look at the trades I did, Jamal Crawford is obviously a superior talent compared to Johan Petro/Fortson. But we need to subtract in order to get under the cap.

Your agruement the Fortson/Johan Petro trade sucks? Thats it? Thats your agruement? It sucks? Its a good trade for Seattle, they get more talent and dept, Knicks get more cap space and decent back up center for Curry. We needed a shot blocker anyway, if you don't like this deal you're not a Knicks fan.

plagiarism?, I'm sorry for cursing, but this is how I truely feel, and I gotta let the New Yorker out of me now. Are you ****ing STUPID? I've been had the Francis to Memphis idea for almost a year now, even before I came here I had that idea. My first POST on this forum. Check it out. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , I mention Francis to Memphis, if anyone is plagiarising its you. And when I made the first post in this thread, I didn't even read your post. You're just hating on me now, which is pathetic.

You're really embarassing, especially knowing your a Knick fan. You show no class in your post, all you do is insult people. I never seen you talk purely about basketball.

What is with you and not gutting the team? Is it against your religion to see the Knicks franchise start a fresh new page? You don't understand. For the last 3 years, we've been the worst team in the NBA. Do you see Chicago with Crawford Chandler, and Curry now? NO. Do you see Chicago with Jason Williams? No. They decided to keep Hinrich, draft Deng, Gordon, sign Nicioni, and Wallace. Now they're contenders in the Eastern Conference. They kept a core player in Hinrich and built from there. Thats what we could do. We have Lee, everyone else is tradable. We have no chemsitry now, we're not a winning basketball team now. Why not start fresh now? What are we waiting for? Do we need to keep Francis for another 2-3 years? Same with Marbury, James, Rose, Crawford and etc? No. I don't want to be medicore for 3 years straight. I don't mind sucking for a year, but having hope because they'll be cap space.

But then again, you don't know how to explain yourself. You just go off like "OMG YOU IDIOT YOUR TRADE IDEAS SUCK, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO TRADE MARBURY CRAWFORD FRANCIS JAMES YOU CAN'T GUT THIS TEAM.". Why not have Petro, Garica or Jake? They're insurance players and good reserves who can defend the basket. Why not be deep? You don't want the Knicks to improve or you just don't want to agree with me?

Heres a tip, stop typing in caps. Stop throwing insults, cause you're only talking about yourself when you call people stupid or an idiot. When you want to explain yourself saying "It sucks" isn't good enough, probably in the Carolinas, but not in NYC kid.

I think you just tried your hardest to oppose my views, where ever I go. I could be right, but you just like to agrue. I don't even think you follow the Knicks. You just log on this site just to agrue against what I text. I could say the American flag is red white and blue, but you'll agrue its green yellow and purple. Its gotten ridiculous to the point I don't even take your post seriously. I just lay down some knowledge for myself and the Knicks fan base.

Haha, you're giving me credit now? This is just proves how valid my points are when you're forced to give me credit. I love how you can't live with giving me credit and you had to take the credit away saying I didn't think of these ideas, but someone else did. Hey, since you can't prove anything else you said in this thread, or in the other threads, try to prove these are someone elses ideas. I want exactly the same post too. Word for word.

Once again, my bad for cursing earlier, but what you said I couldn't let go, thats how bad it was. I don't even curse against Dr. Carpy, and his post are really bad. I mean he spends more time talking about his made up offline life how he's the King of Canada, has a wife, money, college degrees than basketball. Atleast you don't talk about smoking crack or start typing in a different language, I'm guessing carpy thinks he's still in Jamaica. . Hey jokes, don't get offended. Be HAPPY, stop being so frustrated all the time when you post.

Don't try to play the victim. Man up. Any one can read your replies in the last few weeks. Any thing my self, Dr Carpy or The 1 and only have posted you have trashed with personal attacks so stop crying like a bitch. You couldn't post your unoriginal thought with out mentioning my name like a little bitch so you get ethered. Sense you say you're from N.Y. allow me to quote Mr. Pdiddy. "Take that, take that!"
    The Francis idea was not your own. I personally spoke to 15 and referenced him in my post. In all honesty, Francis for any one could be called unrealistic. Jones comes off the books next year. That's money off the cap for the Grizzlies. It would be in their best bet to keep him. How ever they may want to bring in talent and can bring in some one more talented then Francis. That deal is every bit as realistic or unrealistic as the Garnett deal. Look into Garnett's contract. He can opt out of it and has a say so as to were he wants to play just like A.I. There has been hype for the last three years that Garnett would land in N.Y., so the idea is not that far fetched.
    What is it with me and gutting the team? It's a bad idea. You can't just throw players in together and expect them to play well. If that was the case then the Hornets would be a # 4 seed and the Heat would be on their 4th championship but that's not the case. I'm tired of people saying we could have gotten Artest. Artest is a problem child. He's been a problem every were he's gone and after one year the Kings want no more of him. The Knicks do not need some one elses problems. We've got enough of our own.

In short, grow up. Let's try to stop the back and forth bitching. We can disagree in a respectful manor. Dr.Carpy and I don't always agree but I'm not coming up her calling him names and then question why he responds after being provoked. Stay on topic or I will ether you again.
    Last edited by donchris; Jan 05, 2007 at 20:37.

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    Most of the things I've read on this thread are what I call "shake ups". I'm not saying any of them are wrong but I don't want any more shakeups. The past 7 years have been shakeups so why do we need another one? I liked seth's idea...just let everything expire and pile up picks. That's the best idea I've seen on here. Everything else is too radical. If you change everything like what most people have done on this site then you're going to do more harm than good. We are on the right track. So why fire everybody and trade everybody just so we can be under the cap? We'll be under the cap soon enough. Let's keep the rooks and sophs. Frye doesn't have all-star potential? Then why is it all NBA teams were trying to aquire him last year? Why were analysts saying he would be ROY runner up if he didn't get hurt? I'm not a big fan of Frye but I realize what he can do...he can shoot the rock. We can teach him the mentality to rebound. And the don is on to something. Chemistry is the word of the day. How are we ever going to gain chemistry if we take on the radical movements in this thread? Believe it or not we are gaining somewhat of a chemistry but any of these silly trades would ruin it. The upgrade of Curry's game, the minutes distribution, and just the mentality of the team will be ruined. If everyone thinks they are on the trading block then how will they're play translate on the court? If we are going to make trades like GMs you must think like one. Trust me I would know...the GM skills runs in the fam. My plan will be revealed shortly...I'm too busy right now to post one but you will hear my theory soon...

Co-signs took the words right out my damn mouth man. everybodies looking to rebuild when its obvious, a few small tweeks and chemistry is all that we really need, marbury is starting to show his potential again so is crawford add that with the improving play of frye, curry, lee what more do u want?? WINS?? yeh me to just like every other knicks fan, but patients is sometimes the best option! like i said in another thread. as much as i hate the moves isiah has done and the way he coaches sometimes getting rid of him at this point is just not smart! if newyork has another losing record for the 08-09 season then we get rid of his a** and start doing some moves and atleast at that point alot of our big contracts will be a bit closer to running out. the only real move i wanna see is atleast a decent backup 4 curry thats one thing where defnetely lacking!!

jerome james and cato man i dont no what to say about those guys! there kept on the bench so long it really confuses me at times! and you can really see I.T.'s level of coaching, i use to be a coach myself for about 3years nothing major just ages 14-18 and Ive trained up players that didnt even no how to hold the ball properlly som of them are now good UK players. the point im trying to make is i dont agree with paying players to do a job that there not doing!! and maybe im a stupid coach but whatever your weakness is im going to work with you so you can improve so you can do what i exspected of you.

i mean basketball aint a complex sport specially for people like jerome james and cato. come in grab a few boards get a few block or contested shots and get a dunk here and there. cato is the main guy that id like to see out there more because right now the rotation we got is what kinda kills us sometimes specially when curry sits. cato is noway as good as curry on offence, but he's a wayyyy better defender and rebounder. i say let a coach help him a bit with his footwork and give his big a** som mins. i hate seeing people like malik rose in the game the guy is one of the worst veterans ive seen in a long damntime! he makes so many rookie type mistakes its sad. i see time and time again people would rather give up on a player with potential other then maybe helping them with what there weak at! right now we need a good back up for curry and we cant spend nomore money gettin one! well sh*t we got two 7 footers jus chillin on the bench! sh*t if im paying you to do a job, well then u gonna damn well do it! maf**kas gettin paid to sit on there ass its rediculous im tired of seeing this!! cato should atleast be gettin about 10-15mins a game. by time where closer to the end of the season he would of adapted to the role better and give help for a team that has a good chance of making the playoffs.

with tha way the east is playin ball right now of course.

idk if the contracts work but trade malike rose and channing frye(will be a good player but to me he dont fit this team) for samuel dalembert, i think thats all the knicks need, a shot blocker, or even trade malik rose for alonzo mourning<<that would be nice

I've always liked Dalembert. He's athletic, quick off his feet, and most of all he's a shotblocker. He's injury proned tho. And he has yet to develop and offensive game which is nothing to worry about since offense can be taught. I have no problem with that trade. Even though I think Frye will turn out into an a decent shot blocker...