Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

Originally Posted by The 1 and Only
    I agree...but who would want JC? Maybe Seattle or another team that would want to shake there team up. Marbury, Q-Rich, and Curry...these are our scoring options and they need to be emphasized in the offense...if that's possible right now since they are all averaging 20+ points in the month of Jan. But the puzzling questions that this team was facing at the beginning of the season are now starting to be answered....
    AT THIS POINT IN TIME,I THINK MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE MO PETERSON IN TORONTO.AS FOR SEATTLE I DON'T KNOW,I WOULD WANT RASHARD LEWIS FOR HIM AND NATE BUT WHO KNOWS.CRAWFORD DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Originally Posted by George M.
    AT THIS POINT IN TIME,I THINK MAYBE SOMEONE LIKE MO PETERSON IN TORONTO.AS FOR SEATTLE I DON'T KNOW,I WOULD WANT RASHARD LEWIS FOR HIM AND NATE BUT WHO KNOWS.CRAWFORD DRIVES ME ABSOLUTELY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ABSOLUTELY CRAZY WITH HIS ERRATIC PLAY IN MY LAST POST,SORRY!!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Metrocard,Crawford needs to go for a more consistent shooter!!We have plenty of defensive players on the bench!!!!!! Do Collins,Balkman,etc. ring a bell!!!!!!!!!!
    Collins and Balkman get no playing time, Isiah is too hard headed to play them. We need Artest, minus Crawford's and Robinson's minutes. Give those minutes to Collins and Balkman.

Cap,SCHMAP,Dolan makes more money than GOD!!!!!Sign Jamison to last long enough until Marbury and Francis's contracts all expire at the same time!!!If it doesn't work,the contracts will all expire at the same time and we'll be under the cap for the 1st time since the Lord knows when!!!Then we'll have approximately 20 mil in cap space for L.James,D.Wade and even KG!!!!!!!Spend Dolan's money until then who cares!!!!
    The only issue with this is the NBA rules! You can not sign anyone over the mid if you are over the cap. The NBA has a hard cap, not a soft cap like baseball. So signing Jaminson is out of the question! Unless we get Washington to do a sign and trade. The player I think that we can sign for the mid and can help us is Varejo from Cleveland.

Veteran

CAP SCMAP... no u can't sign him... and even if u could, u say if it doesn't work, we will be out of cap hell in 2009 and then can sign garnett..

garnett will be 33/34 by that time... that's going to help us??

Thumbs up OK,I get it!!!! Hard cap!!!

Then I think the best move for the club would be Artest because of his offensive skills,not just his DEFENSE-(Metrocard)!!He would kill 2 birds with 1 stone!!!He can hit 3's,score off the dribble,and play in the low post like Larry Johnson used to as well as play good defense!!!! If we were only giving up Crawford & Nate for him,great for us!!!But if we have to give up Frye as well,then No Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by paris401
    CAP SCMAP... no u can't sign him... and even if u could, u say if it doesn't work, we will be out of cap hell in 2009 and then can sign garnett..

garnett will be 33/34 by that time... that's going to help us??
    What about LeBron and D.Wade????????????????????????

is artest definitely on the trading block? also, does anyone think prying jermaine o'neil from the pacers would be smart/possible?

Angry Yo Metrocard!!!!!!!!!!!1

I saw your post on Isaih needs to make a trade thread from a month ago!!That post tells me you're an IDIOT!!!!Totally F@#$%NG Clueless!!!!!!!! You know what I say to you and your ideas/opinons??? BALLS IN YOUR JAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by newbie2424
    is artest definitely on the trading block? also, does anyone think prying jermaine o'neil from the pacers would be smart/possible?
    J.O'Neal for who?Francis/Frye I Hope!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by newbie2424
    Newbie, I think he is but Indianna will not be vocal about it as to keep their value in him as high as possible. Even with Frye, I don't think the Knicks have enought to get him. But, the one thing that is in NY's favor is O'neil's salary. Not many teams have players with matching salaries to offer and want his type of contract on their books. I think NJ actually has the best chance to get him if he is on the block. I heard they are willing to part with Carter and Indiana, I think, would make that trade. O'neil with Curry would be awesome and O'Neil would love to go back to the 4 spot, he has said repeatedly that he does not want to play the 5 spot anymore.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I saw your post on Isaih needs to make a trade thread from a month ago!!That post tells me you're an IDIOT!!!!Totally F@#$%NG Clueless!!!!!!!! You know what I say to you and your ideas/opinons??? BALLS IN YOUR JAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You're going to get banned, or you deserve to get banned. You post like a mentally retarded angry ignorant slut. Stop it already. People here are discussing basketball and you have to be the ****ing geek to disrupt everything. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY. If you have something to stupid to say, don't post.

Like I said George, DEFENSE. You don't understand it. CAP SPACE. You don't understand. Bringing Jamison to the Knicks will make us soften defensely. I'm guessing you play NBA Live all day, and never really followed a NBA franchise for a decent ammount of time. Your ideas are ridiculous and make zero sense. We have no cap space to sign Jamison, your ideas are worst than DonChris who wanted Gerald Wallace to come to the Knicks without trade or free agent signing. USE LOGIC, no one understands you.

Metro you may be one of the most ignorant Knicks fans I’ve ever seen. Just look at your cute little pictures below your posts. Isiah has made some of the worst personnel moves the world has ever seen, but on the flip side he's made some tremendous ones. Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudmire, David Lee with the 30th pick, and Balkman who the whole world including myself thought was an awful pick.

Personally I really can’t really complain about anything Isiah has done coaching wise this season. If I were the coach I’d start David Lee but Fyre was your number 7 pick and you really don’t want to shatter his confidence this early by moving him to the bench. And if you really think about it Fyre would never be the spark of the bench Lee is, so it’s kind of a catch 22. But other than some little things I really can’t complain about his overall coaching this year. It’s not his fault that his players choose not to show up for a game and fall behind 27-3. That’s a matter of personal pride a player should have inside of himself to not let that happen. Would that run ever have happened with John Starks, or Charles Oakley on the team? No chance in Hell.

As far as my plans to fix the team… It’s going to be tough. There’s no 3-step plan that’s going to fix this team. But I really wish posters on the forums would stop posting these outlandish trades. We’re not getting KG, Artest, Rashard Lewis, or any of the other names that have been thrown on there.

Below are a few doable ideas that may help this team.

Hire Charles Oakley or Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach:
    Now I know Ewing quit his previous job to have time to watch his son play basketball but I really think if the team made him the right deal he’d consider coming aboard. If not Charles Oakley would be a good choice. Mark Aguirre obviously knows what he’s doing working with the Big guys on the offense side of the court but if you bring in a Ewing or Oakley to the staff they can hopefully teach Curry and Frye more of the defensive and rebounding tricks and tactics they direly need. Also both guys know what it takes to play under the spotlight of NY

Look to make minor deals.
    Malik Rose has an awful contract but I find it hard to believe that a veteran team in need veteran bench help wouldn’t be interested. Now I’m not saying making a trade for a player or anything of that nature. My idea is trade him for a 2nd round pick and pay some of his contract to make it more appealing to the other team. I figure we’ll be drafting at around the 20th position due to the Eddy Curry trade. So maybe if a player that would really help us is available at say the 17th pick we could package our #1 and the second rd pick we acquired from the Rose trade. Worst-case scenario we keep this second pick. Again Isiah may be ****ty at trades but he did draft Ariza in the second round.

Buyout Francis Contract
    As much as we’d all like to think somebody would take a shot and give us a good young player for Francis its not going to happen. I know he has an 80 rating in NBA2k but that’s about the highlight of his season. He’s old with a bum knee and just isn’t the same player. Cut your loses and move on.

Be harder on Players like Nate and Jamal
    We all want to be a playoff team this year but even if that somehow happened we wouldn’t be a contender. This is why I say when Nate or Jamal puts up one of their bonehead shots or passes immediately send them to the bench. If you remember Larry Brown did that with Crawford last year and by the second half of the year he was by far our best player I don’t remember the exact stats but he was averaging around 16 points and 6 assists the last 30 games or so. Mardy Collins has shown no offense this season but one thing you know a Temple kid will do is play defense. So if Nate doesn’t want to commit to defense or Jamal wants to the turn the ball over yank them out of the game. It may cost a game now and then but in the long run it will make us better.

Posters like Metro slurp Marbury constantly but don’t realize, every time the Knicks win it seems like Crawford has an instrumental role in the victory. Also he has a great repertoire with Curry whom the team is obviously trying to build around.

Crawford is still young. He makes stupid plays but you can’t give up on him yet.

Just a few thoughts. Nothing major but i really thing growth, chemistry and small tweaks here and there are what the team needs.

I couldn't have said it any better man. You have to excuse some people on this website...they don't know any better. And again you are siding with most of the reasonable knick fans. You have two knick fans on this site...the radical, live today die tommorrow, I'll trade everyone and my momma, and fire the coach to win two games NOW...and then you have your knick fans that actually want to build with what we have and understand that chemistry is vital to success. Phoenix, Dallas, and Miami didn't get on top just because they had top players...they were on top because each player had a role to fulfill and they fulfilled wit well. Good post man...good post

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Nyk Logo

You know who the greatest person in this organization is?
    Herb Williams.

Herb is a soldier. This guy coached what, one season then Larry Brown came in. Now Isiah is coaching. I want Isiah to coach us to play off contention then pass the rings to Herb. I'm not talking next season. Give Thomas three years or so but I'd really like to see Herb coach us to a championship.

Back to reality, The Knicks need some veteran players other than Marbury. This team is a perfect example of youth with out leadership. This is why most top coaches don't like to coach young teams. Look at Miami. That is a veteran team that just gave us a veteran ass whipping. For this reason I want to see Rose get more minutes. I've been saying this for a while but Frye, Lee and Crawford all belong on the bench. I know it's great to have 6'11 guys in your starting line up but to me Frye would not be a starter on any legitimate NBA team. No one is scared of him but he is a solid back up. I'd tweak this roster a lil differently. If I did start Crawford it would be along side Richardson (at SF) and Jefferies (at PF). This way you'd have your 3, 2 and 1 guards all as scoring options. Once Crawford works on his shot selection, he and Richardson can drain em all day but they both would be second and third options to Curry. NY needs to start talking trades just to shake up the team. These guys are too comfortable.