The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I respect your opinion but I'm not going to even reply to most of your post. I'm tired of arguing my point and several people agree or understand and one person just doesn't know what I'm trying to say. My arguement is sad? lol That's something else I won't comment on. The people speak for themselves. But that english paper example was a horrible example lol. When you write english papers you write drafts so you actually have chances to improve yourself. It's one and done in the NBA man...they're aren't any second chances to reboot from your mistakes. You can disagree with my points but you can't tell me what's the "truth" or what's "lies" because neither you or I no the answers to that...that's if you don't have a crystal ball lying around somewhere lol. Again you have points in your argument that are obviously right and some that are obviously wrong. You had me crackin up on the isiah joke tho lol.

metrocard

Legend
Here's why I keep pushing the Garnett to NY trade.
1. We all just witnessed the A.I. trade and Philly didn't get any thing close to equal value.
2. Once again the A.I. trade. Iverson had a say so as to where he wanted to play.
3. Look at the league right now or check out an ESPN archive. All of the teams that are allegedly making a run at Garnett don't have much more to offer than we do.

The teams that have been named were L.A. clippers and Lakers, N.Y., Boston, Miami, and Detroit. Odds are "if" Garnett decides to leave or requests to be traded, he will be traded to the east. He has stated that he wants to be on a team that can make a title run so that leaves out Philly or Boston. He could end up in Detroit or Miami but I argue that nether team has much to trade. Plus rumor has it that Billips may be leaving Detroit which leaves them in a much worse position. Keeping all of this in mind the Net has mentioned in several interviews that be believed if he and Marbury were still together they would have won a championship. So I think this explains my far fetched idea, which by the way ESPN and fox sports once shared.

I'm ending the back and forth right now. I already ethered this dude so it's over. I don't need to side with any one. I'm on the same side I've always been on, MY SIDE. It just happens that these guys that I'm agreeing with are on point now, but trust, we've been at odds before and will be again I'm sure. I'll try to keep this short. NO ONE WANTS TO READ AN ESSAY OF BABBLE. We all know the team we see is the team we will build on. Any thing else about trading every one is non sense.

You've shown you have no debating ability. All you do is curse people out, type in caps, and look like a complete fool.

Nothing explains your farfeteched deal. I've asked you countless of times to prove to me that Minnesota has shown interest in Steve Francis. They have 5 COMBO guards in Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson, Mike James, Randy Foye, and Rashad McCants. Why would they want another Combo guard? That was the worst suggestion in this thread, you're frustrated cause you invited me to this thread and you were made a fool of. I love how you're afraid to debate my points and just insult me because you're mad. No one is trading everyone. I kept about 5-6 Knicks on my suggestion. Who said all my deals would go threw? You said I didn't even have an idea, but I did, and I proved you wrong. I presented the best possible direction for the Knicks, and you were stubborn, ignorant and mad enough not to give any props. You just hate on my post, I could say grass is green, you'll disagree and say something ignorantly false. Your side is the wrong side, with how much you defend Isiah, I don't think its the straight side either. Prove to me that the Knicks have more to give to Minnesota than the Chicago Bulls. If you can do this, you'll win this debate. If you can't, it just proves you're a grown unemployed sexually frustrated child behind the computer playing with Trade Checker on RealGM. You critisized me first, you even called me out. Look at you now, you can't even explain yourself. You're a MESS right now.

You can't ether anyone when you're from the Carolinas, tough break kid.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I respect your opinion but I'm not going to even reply to most of your post.

Victory. It was nice debating. Now hopefully carpy or chirs can give your effort, I'm not even sure both can combine to equal you. Whats funny, I didn't think that high of you when I came here, but you've gotten better and better with each post, even if I'm wrong or you're wrong, you still manage to present a reasonable agruement sometimes.

I just honestly threw out a couple of ideas out there for CAPSPACE, I never said, and I accually stated some of those trades might not happend. This is all coming from the perspective if Isiah wasn't in control.

But the main I would love to see is

Fyre
Francis

For

Artest
Williamson
Garcia

I believe we could own the Alantic division if we pull that off, I would even throw a 2nd rounder in there. We answer our defensive woes with Artest and Garcia, and get a good offensive player in Williamson.

Marbury/Robinson/Collins
Richardson/Crawford/Garcia
Artest/Jefferies/Williamson
Lee/Balkman/Rose
Curry/Cato/James

I think thats the TRADE, we need to get to the next level. We need to get good and BUILD from there. Marbury has played great basketball this season, Richardson has looked like the best player on this roster when he's at his best, Curry has been making me eat my words, Lee is my favorite PF in the NBA by far, and Artest one of the best defenders in the NBA. He has played under Isiah Thomas too, so the chemistry will IMPROVE, not get worse. Plus we have a legit Bench at the same time, a nice mix of offense spark plugs, and defensive energy guys.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Excellent post. I'd love to have artest on this team. I don't know where the your "victory" came from but I'll let you keep it lol. And it's funny because I didn't really think high of your opinion either but I think our arguments have made each other better in a sense even though I've never had any other serious complaint about my posts. Good post man good post.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
A fool can not make any one look foolish other then them selves.
Don Chris

First off say what you want to say but spell my name right Mr. Spell check. Its f#%#ing Chris not Chirs. You reap what you sew so from here on, you leave out the personal attacks and so will I. Debating. Let's debate! You broke down why you think the Garnett trade is bad and I will break down why every thing you have suggested will not work and will not happen.

First
NY trades
Jamal Crawford

Seattle trades
Johan Petro
Danny Fortson

It's not that this is a bad idea; it's just not a good one. Why trade a solid player for two bums when we could package Crawford up for someone better or just have him come off the bench?

Second
New York trades
Steve Francis
Jerome James

Memphis trades
Eddie Jones

Recycled idea, please come up with your own. No one will take Jerome James. We are stuck with him.

Third
Knicks trade
Q Richardson
Channing Frye
Malik Rose
2nd rounder
for
Kings trade
Ron Artest
Corliss Williamson
Fransico Garcia
Vitaly Pop

This really looks like you're pulling this out of your ass. Richardson is our best defender so that could hurt the team, plus, he's got a back issue. The rest of these guys are what, bench players. Honestly I don't even know who Corliss Williamson is. Not that this is a bad suggestion it's not a realistic one. If we passed on Artest before why do you think we will go after him now? If it turns out that I'm wrong about this I will admit it. But it wont because I'm not.

Here is another option. The Knicks do nothing. No one great is becoming a free agent this year so we wait it out. Money is coming off the books so we will be in a better finantial position next season. Curry is devolping well (A player that I believed you called trash.) Crawford is good enough to keep on the bench and I'd keep him over Nate Robinson. Eventually we will need to make trades to rid our team of guards. This is why I suggested a trade to Seattle for Ridnior. Your response was that Seattle wouldn't trade Luke. Wrong! Luke bearly started this season and is expendable. I know this from readling a fantasy B-ball report. That squad is all about Lewis and Allan and they are looking to make changes. NY is always saying "we need a real PG" and we'd have one in Luke Ridnior.

So in short my suggestion is for the time we don't make any major changes but down the line my general suggestion is we move out guards, Robinson, Francis or Collins and bring in Ridnior. This way you have a pass first point guard feeding the ball to our two best players, Eddie Curry and Stephon Marbury.

So there's your debate with out personal attacks.
Your move.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This thread should be deleted, i believe that making no trades would be best for the team and isiah IS NOT the worst gm ever. Why? cuz scott layden, kevin mcchale and the gm of the sixers are all worse. Danny ainge has made some bad moves with the celtics, pat riley was a fool to give antoine the money hes gettin. Isiahs not the only gm who makes mistakes and his mistakes arent that bad. His mistakes were jerome james, jalen rose and the francis deal which had L brown behind it. Scott layden sucked, mcchale and the sixers gm failed to get enough talent around 2 of the best in the league being iverson and garnett. Now, look at isiahs aquisitions; eddy curry, nate r + q rich, balkmen, david lee david lee and david lee. We have a nicely balanced team. If hes such a bad gm then why do the knicks have one of the most talented teams in the league that will compete for the playoffs this year and over the next several years be a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the east?

donchris

This thread should be deleted, i believe that making no trades would be best for the team and isiah IS NOT the worst gm ever. Why? cuz scott layden, kevin mcchale and the gm of the sixers are all worse. Danny ainge has made some bad moves with the celtics, pat riley was a fool to give antoine the money hes gettin. Isiahs not the only gm who makes mistakes and his mistakes arent that bad. His mistakes were jerome james, jalen rose and the francis deal which had L brown behind it. Scott layden sucked, mcchale and the sixers gm failed to get enough talent around 2 of the best in the league being iverson and garnett. Now, look at isiahs aquisitions; eddy curry, nate r + q rich, balkmen, david lee david lee and david lee. We have a nicely balanced team. If hes such a bad gm then why do the knicks have one of the most talented teams in the league that will compete for the playoffs this year and over the next several years be a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the east?

Amen brother. TESTIFY!!!!

The 1 and Only

Rotation player

Props for the post man

paris401

Starter
Victory.

But the main I would love to see is

Fyre
Francis

For

Artest
Williamson
Garcia

i'd luv to see artest here too, but the maloof's (nor anyone else) is taking the franchise... he had no value last year when orlando gave him to us for free... and his value if anything has dropped..

metrocard

Legend
Excellent post. I'd love to have artest on this team. I don't know where the your "victory" came from but I'll let you keep it lol. And it's funny because I didn't really think high of your opinion either but I think our arguments have made each other better in a sense even though I've never had any other serious complaint about my posts. Good post man good post.

I've been good, you've step your game up in this thread even if you did lose.

LOL...Chris is mad now? Mad enough to debate? This should be interesting. Lets see how he debates.

Seattle trade, I said it clearly. Its for cap space. Once again you failed to read. You don't READ anything bro. Are you just trying to be a troll and not read what I wrote? I read everything you text and try to understand cause you're a Knick fan, I enjoy the opinion of Knick fans. Honestly, if you go my first post, you will see all the answers. You trade overpaid talent for cap space. Johan Petro isn't a scrub, he would be a great back up for Curry accually. Fortson is an expiring contract. This is deal is perfectly explain. You're just trying to make an agruement out of anything.

Recycled idea? How many times have you said THAT? Come up with something new. Especially when its not recycled, it was my ORIGINAL idea. When I first came in this forum, that was the first idea I had in mind for Francis. Are you that slow? I've repeated atleast 3 times and you failed to read correctly.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2933

^ My first thread ever, look at the Francis sugestion. Once again, you're not debating, explain yourself.

Sorry if you think this is a diss don't think it is, but you had to be corrected.

Chris says:
"Honestly I don't even know who Corliss Williamson is. "

This proves you don't even follow basketball. Corliss Williamson was an Arkansas Razorback who was named most outstanding player of the NCAA Tourny who won the NCAA Basketball Championship. You obviously don't follow college basketball, he was an elite college player.

Corliss was also the NBA's sixt man of the year in 01-02, and won a championship with Detroit. Where the hell have you been the last 5 years? :teeth: Coriliss is also one of the good guys in the NBA, he's one of the best bench players in the NBA also, a consistant one. Are you just trying to make me look dumb by believing you were accually serious with that statement? If so, I like that logic you got going.

Richardson is our best defender so? We have one of the worst defenses in the NBA, thats not saying much. I love Richardson as much as anyone on this team, its just a suggestion. Especially when a guy like Artest is on the line.

Guy, my response was Seattle wouldn't trade Luke for a bench player like Nate Robinson. Nate Robinson isn't half the talent or PG or guard Luke is. You will never prove Seattle would accept Robinson for Ridnour straight up. We already have a PG with Marbury, who isn't going to be traded, unless its a block buster deal. Marbury is better than Ridnour, Nate isn't. That trade MADE zero sense at all. I mean, I could see your logic in bringing Luke in here, but where would he play? Luke was upset in Seattle cause he felt he wasn't getting enough time as a player, why would he want to rot the bench in New York behind Marbury, Francis and Crawford? This isn't NBA live, Seattle WOULD NOT, I repeat WOULD not accept Robinson for Ridnour, you cannot prove this wrong, ever. Stop even trying to cover up your mess, you're being stubborn as hell right now.

Then show us your suggestions on how we could move the other guards and keep Marbury to team up with Ridnour. Marbury is a PG, you don't UNDERSTAND. Marbury is a PENETRATION PG, who's very good, even though he's on the decline. Marbury > Ridnour.

Last edited:

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm loving the self-proclaimed wins LOL. Go take your participation trophy and good luck on your future discussions...looks like you know Corliss personally? You know NO ONE IN THE NBA LOL. Dag you copy and pasted that straight from a website didn't you? And you thought you could impress us all LOL. I'm glad you're having fun because I am. And look at all the similarities in comments...

To Don...
" you're being stubborn as hell right now."

Dag you already used this 70 times already...anything new to cover up your losses?

To MSGKnickz33
"This is obviously a homer post that shouldn't even be read."

Whoops another disagreement, another diss to the poster....sorry MSGknickz33...you've spoken too deep for him...I think you need to break it down a lil further.

To Me
"You've step your game up in this thread even if you did lose"
Well dag I didn't know we were keeping standings on who wins or loses a debate. Dag, looks like you have 3...4....maybe 5 people disagreeing with you...and I've lost? haha....think again

donchris

Metro where have you been? We had three days of peace here at KOL. Well looks like you missed my point once again. Marbury has to walk the very blurry line of being the floor general and top scorer for the New York Knicks. Every one can see that the Knicks are a better team with him scoring but we still need him as a point guard because there really is no one else. I don't see what you are not getting about this. The point was simply to move Marbury to SG, just like Larry Brown suggested last season and just like LB did with Iverson. Luke Ridnoir barley started this season; Seattle sucks this year and will be looking to make changes. I'm sure NY can come up with some kind of small trade for Luke because he is underrated as you just pointed out. In Luke we would not need a score. His job would be to pass and make plays. So Ridnoir would not or should not ride the bench. We'd move Steph to the two spot and Luke the one. I think I even outlined the line up in my post. Now who's not reading? And look, I did it in under a thousand words. You should try it some time.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
There is no quick way to fix the Knicks. The Knicks biggest problem is the strangle hold that their cap situation has on them as a franchise. Then, the next problem is the mix of talent that they have. The Knicks have very telented players but as a group, they are inconsistent and their styles clash. What is going to help the Knicks is minimal moves that go against the cap (long term contracts to ailing veterans). Good drafting and slary dumping (the latter being the hardest task). Buy out Rose's contract and (if he is untradable) Frances's contract. Take the hit this year and get it off the cap. Trading Frances to Memphis for Jones will not happen. Memphis is loosing money at a deadly rate so they will not trade an exipirng contract for an ailing Frances. Teams (with a compitent GM) only trade expiring contracts for a veteran player with some value from a team that is dumping salary. Memphis and Philly want to dump salary not take on cap hits. If they are to take on a contract, it MUST be a needed player! Like a dominate defensive 4. KG, Gasol or Brand's contract is worth the hit but impossible for NY to get because of the lack of talent to give back. A more plausible trade would be (not saying it is a legit prospect) Crawford or Q-rich for Eaton Thomas. Frye for Josh Smith. I read so many people that want to ship Frye for Artest but we are so loaded up with small players that Artest actually crowds the roster and causes the Knicks to just sit players that are making millions. If we could get the Kings to take one of the guards in the trade, like Crawford, then it makes sense. Also, I like Crawford as a sixth man who plays both the 1 and the 2. So I would like to keep him and try to obtain the needed spots with other players (but who?). Q-rich could be a great trade deadline move to a team that needs a high scoring 3-2 and try to get a more defensive minded 3 or 4 back. A player that doesn't look to score but is happy banging and defending his position. See if Boston wants to deal Jefferson and match him up with Curry. Curry is your scoring big man in the post and Jefferson is the banger. If Isiah is removed from the GM spot, I would try to keep him on as the talent scout. He does extremly well in the draft and he could finish out his contract in that role. It actually is better money spent!! Just, NO MORE LONG TERM CONTRACTS to aging vets that are breaking down or guards!!!!!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
One quick note, Lamar Odem is a guy I would bring on as well. He has a huge contract but I think he does add tremdous value. Especially since he handles the ball like a PG and that would allow Steph to take on more of a 2 guard role. You run the offense through Odem and he can dish...

Jamie

Rookie
Abandon The Knicks - It's Ok!

Ok, so I feel bad even posting this. I am not a Knicks fan, but don't particularly hate them. I'm a die-hard Lakers fan and proud of it, but I can't stand seeing you all suffer like you are. I'm writing to tell you that it is OK to abandon the Knicks!

First off, I am not a fair-weather fan. I'm a die-hard, grow-up-in-the-town-and-own-it fan. I grew up in L.A. and root for the L.A. Kings, Dodgers, Lakers . . . and here is the real proof: I root for the RAIDERS! Even though they thoroughly suck and left L.A., it just isn't right to abandon the home team - NEVER!*

*Unless you root for the poor Knicks. They are in the worst division in the league and barely treading water with a payroll that is, well, disgusting. Just think if the Yankees couldn't even make it over .500!

*It is OK, this one time, call it an amnesty clause, call it the "Alan Houston" rule, call it sanity, leave the Knicks while you still can. They are sad. If teams could admit they've made a mistake with the Houston rule, you can too, now man-up and say good-bye to a team so full of pain and confusion that a Laker fan can't even bare to watch it.

P.S. There is no reason to root for signing C-Webb. For the Knicks to sign a washed-up player who has nothing left in the tank and a huge price tag, I believe he needs to be a guard! Ouch!!! Sorry, but that just makes my side split every time I say it. Sorry, sorry, sorry.

metrocard

Legend
I'm loving the self-proclaimed wins LOL. Go take your participation trophy and good luck on your future discussions...looks like you know Corliss personally? You know NO ONE IN THE NBA LOL. Dag you copy and pasted that straight from a website didn't you? And you thought you could impress us all LOL. I'm glad you're having fun because I am. And look at all the similarities in comments...

To Don...
" you're being stubborn as hell right now."

Dag you already used this 70 times already...anything new to cover up your losses?

To MSGKnickz33
"This is obviously a homer post that shouldn't even be read."

Whoops another disagreement, another diss to the poster....sorry MSGknickz33...you've spoken too deep for him...I think you need to break it down a lil further.

To Me
"You've step your game up in this thread even if you did lose"
Well dag I didn't know we were keeping standings on who wins or loses a debate. Dag, looks like you have 3...4....maybe 5 people disagreeing with you...and I've lost? haha....think again

What the hell is dag? I'm from NYC fool, don't bring that country grammer on me.

How do I know Williamson personally, when I stated obvious? EVERYONE who follows basketball knows Corliss was an elite college player and is a 6th man of the year.

God damn, why must you to pick up DonChris after he gets TKO'ed by each of one of my post? It seems like you two are in a serious relationship. Whenever I TKO one of you guys, you guys come quickly.

Whats worse, you guys say the SAME THING. I'm honestly starting to think you both are the same people or just two "happy" guys really attached to each other.

"Dag", you're very poor at defending your points. You just seem like you try to make your points, but you're afraid to hit the punchline. Atleast I'm helping you debate better and improve your debating skillls. So maybe when you troll or be a homer or an Isiahsexual in another forum, you would get so beat up like you do here.

You look the L hard here man, you gave up, you couldn't reply back to any the of the points I made. You dropped ether on yourself once again. Honestly, you're not worth replying to you. Each time I read your post I feel my IQ drops. Step your game up, hop off of Isiah's and DonVito's nuts.

Metro where have you been? We had three days of peace here at KOL. Well looks like you missed my point once again. Marbury has to walk the very blurry line of being the floor general and top scorer for the New York Knicks. Every one can see that the Knicks are a better team with him scoring but we still need him as a point guard because there really is no one else. I don't see what you are not getting about this. The point was simply to move Marbury to SG, just like Larry Brown suggested last season and just like LB did with Iverson. Luke Ridnoir barley started this season; Seattle sucks this year and will be looking to make changes. I'm sure NY can come up with some kind of small trade for Luke because he is underrated as you just pointed out. In Luke we would not need a score. His job would be to pass and make plays. So Ridnoir would not or should not ride the bench. We'd move Steph to the two spot and Luke the one. I think I even outlined the line up in my post. Now who's not reading? And look, I did it in under a thousand words. You should try it some time.

Where have I been? Well, I'm employed. I don't know about you, I can't be here for 3 days straight like you. I don't have that kind of free time in my life to be sitting on the computer waiting for a person to post. But listen, I'm glad you waited for me for 3 DAYS, I'm obviously a special person in your life. Which isn't a good thing, cause I see how obsessed you get with people. You and 1nOnly seem kinda close. Honestly though, you should praise god I'm even taking the time to reply to your troll junk and you get the chance to read my text. I'm not saying I'm better than you, but you present garbage each time you post. You're so ignorant, you can't co-sign with the facts I lay down.

Listen, Marbury has been one of my favorite players in the NBA the last 5 years. Marbury plays best when he's penatrating. When Marbury is a SG, he's playing off the ball. Marbury isn't an off guard. Nate Robinson is. Thats because Robinson cannot run an offense for his life. Marbury is very good offensively. He isn't a bad passer, he isn't the best, but he's above average. I can live with Marbury's passing. Marbury's best strength is his penatration, by far. There is no one in the NBA who can stop Marbury to the basket.

DAMN, MARBURY AND ONE...watching the Bobcats game.

As you see, Marbury is so powerful and quick, he can finish with the best of them. Marbury plays best when he's driving hard to the basket. He creates open oppurtunities for his teammates or he gets to the free throw line. He does something positive when he drives.

Marbury sucks when he's standing around and dribbling. When Marbury has the ball, he should call for the pick and roll or just go on the drive.

I don't mind having Marbury the PG of this team at all.

The problem is, Marbury and Crawford cannot play together. Marbury needs a consistant shooter. What I mean, is a guy who can shoot 45% not 35%. A guy who can shoot 38-40% 3pt, not below 33%. That guy isn't JAMAL CRAWFORD. Jamal Crawford is a great kid and all, but his style doesn't fit New York. Speaking of style, someone here wrote a GREAT post, I'm going to reply to.

Iverson played SG in Philadephia cause he got to play next to Eric Snow. Ridnour is NOT Eric Snow. Eric Snow is a defensive minded PG, who is still one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. Eric Snow can guard both guards, and he can run the offense. Plus he doesn't demand alot of shots. Luke Ridnour is a good passer, but not GREAT. Plus, Ridnour is 6" or 6"1. If Marbury is going to play SG, we're going to need a big PG like Eric Snow. Its a totally different situation. Plus, Marbury is a poor man's Iverson. We need to develop our own indentity. The 76ers team was a special team led by Iverson and really great defensive unselfish players. We don't have great defensive unselfish players to let Marbury play freely and score. We have a totally different team and you have to accept THAT.

Sorry, but you've yet to make a point. I asked you WHY Seattle would trade Luke Ridnour for Nate Robinson straight up, and you've failed to tell me this. You're really wasting my time here. I just feel like I'm giving good information to you for nothing. What have you gave me? Garbage. Nate Robinson isn't as good as Ridnour or will ever be. That trade is ridiculous and Seattle would decline that trade.

Luke started 33 out of 35 games...You said he barely started? Make some sense for once. The man is averaging 33 minutes a game.

Anyway, your outline looks like crap now since I "murked" all of your suggestions and you've failed to present an explanition why my idea of getting under the cap or not making any trades except for draft picks or expiring contracts wasn't right.

I'm finished with you, you're not worth replying to if you aren't going to admit you were obviously wrong or DEFEND yourself and prove your points.

There is no quick way to fix the Knicks. The Knicks biggest problem is the strangle hold that their cap situation has on them as a franchise. Then, the next problem is the mix of talent that they have. The Knicks have very telented players but as a group, they are inconsistent and their styles clash. What is going to help the Knicks is minimal moves that go against the cap (long term contracts to ailing veterans). Good drafting and slary dumping (the latter being the hardest task). Buy out Rose's contract and (if he is untradable) Frances's contract. Take the hit this year and get it off the cap. Trading Frances to Memphis for Jones will not happen. Memphis is loosing money at a deadly rate so they will not trade an exipirng contract for an ailing Frances. Teams (with a compitent GM) only trade expiring contracts for a veteran player with some value from a team that is dumping salary. Memphis and Philly want to dump salary not take on cap hits. If they are to take on a contract, it MUST be a needed player! Like a dominate defensive 4. KG, Gasol or Brand's contract is worth the hit but impossible for NY to get because of the lack of talent to give back. A more plausible trade would be (not saying it is a legit prospect) Crawford or Q-rich for Eaton Thomas. Frye for Josh Smith. I read so many people that want to ship Frye for Artest but we are so loaded up with small players that Artest actually crowds the roster and causes the Knicks to just sit players that are making millions. If we could get the Kings to take one of the guards in the trade, like Crawford, then it makes sense. Also, I like Crawford as a sixth man who plays both the 1 and the 2. So I would like to keep him and try to obtain the needed spots with other players (but who?). Q-rich could be a great trade deadline move to a team that needs a high scoring 3-2 and try to get a more defensive minded 3 or 4 back. A player that doesn't look to score but is happy banging and defending his position. See if Boston wants to deal Jefferson and match him up with Curry. Curry is your scoring big man in the post and Jefferson is the banger. If Isiah is removed from the GM spot, I would try to keep him on as the talent scout. He does extremly well in the draft and he could finish out his contract in that role. It actually is better money spent!! Just, NO MORE LONG TERM CONTRACTS to aging vets that are breaking down or guards!!!!!

Great post. Its well presented, so many points were made in this post, its hard to even disagree. I co-sign with everything you say.

People in here think we could trade for Garnett, but like you said, we lack the talent and expiring contracts like Chicago to be in the Garnett sweeptakes.

I agree also, Crawford should be the 6th man.

Agreed also, enough with the long term contracts.

Only thing i can't see happending is Jefferson leaving the Celtics. He's as good as Eddy Curry, who shows alot of potential. He's averaging 13 and 10, in less TO's. Curry is obviouslly better than Al J, but Al J is a superior player in his 3rd year than Eddy was. I'm suprised cause I thought he would be a bust.

About Artest, he plays 3 positions, so having him would make us deeper, plus, he can fill Fyre's production times 10.

But on the real note, this is a well written post. Credit is given to you. I would like you to post here more, cause you obviously understand the CAP SYSTEM, rebuilding and you're full aware of the future of the Knicks.

We have a talented roster, no doubt about this. But their styles do no match to be a playoff caliber team. We need to make moves that doesn't hurt us in the cap yet again, and address that issue. This means, get rid of Francis, Robinson. Keep Marbury and Crawford. Crawford can play back up PG/SG. Especially since he has great chemistry with Curry, and he's a streaky shooter. Q-Rich can play the SG. We should try to ship Fyre and a player with a contract that can match up for Artest. A simple move that would give us an enforcer on defense to play with a front court of Lee and Curry.

Marbury
Richardson
Artest
Lee
Curry

That is the most balanced line up I can possible think of it. It gives us everything. Penatration with Stephon, Shooting and versitility with Q, an enforcer in Artest, hustle rebounds and banging in the post with Lee, and dominant post scoring with Curry. If we build from that, we could be playoff contenders and be competitive once again.

hometheaterguy, Lamar Odom is also one of my favorite players in the league. I feel bad, because he's untradable right now. Lakers are winning games, and its because of how well Odom fits in the triangle offense. Lakers have a great young team with the most talented player in the NBA. I think they have a good chance going far in the playoffs, not in the WCF, but I believe they can get out of the first round. Especiailly with the fight they gave PHX last year in 7 games.

Guys like Odom and Artest would balance this team so much.

Once again, I'm glad I took the time to read your post. I guess I didn't waste my time here, I lost hope when I read DonChris and 1NOnly non logical homeristic post and insults. Glad to see a real Knick fan talk about some real stuff.

Last edited:

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Are you guys seeing a pattern here? Just when you think the Knicks are getting better, they get their butts kicked by a scrubby team like the Bobcats.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Mos def. But you have to realize this is a young, developing team. We're going to play up and down. This is a complete upgrade from what we had from last year which is evidence of improvement. I like...in fact I love improvement. But there are some people on this forum that have so much hatred for Isiah, that they let it overshadow the positives...but then again...these people that I'm talking about lack knowledge.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Mos def. But you have to realize this is a young, developing team. We're going to play up and down. This is a complete upgrade from what we had from last year which is evidence of improvement. I like...in fact I love improvement. But there are some people on this forum that have so much hatred for Isiah, that they let it overshadow the positives...but then again...these people that I'm talking about lack knowledge.

As far as Knowledge, Isiah has destroyed every thing he has touched since taking on front office jobs. As a player, he was one of the best but he is the pits when it comes to building a franchise! His only strength is drafting. The Knicks need to make subtle moves to improve this roster. Dan Gadzuric is another player that I can think of that could help this team and not break the bank while be exactly the type of player they need.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
I'm all for subtle moves. I was never against subtle moves. But when you want to change the whole franchise in 1 year and expect to win...that's not realistic. That's radical...