Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by George M.
    Look Metrocard,If they sign Jamison in the offseason,that would make Frye expendable and he can play the 3 as well as the 4.And with Frye expendable,he being a young player every Gm wants,Thomas could then trade for lets say R.Lewis who can play the 2 as well as the 3.After that,Thomas can get matchups galore with those 2 versatile platers,which could make us legit contenders in the short term.If not,blow the team up by 2009,when Marbury and Francis's contracts expire.

DEFENSE

None of the players you named don't play it.

Since you've failed this thread, I'll post a funny pic of Curry.

Angry Hey Wiseguy!!

Look Metrocard,If Crawford was more consistent from the perimeter/3pt. Line like Q and Marbury,we could stand pat for a while.But he's not!!He gives me the willies with his Inconsistency!!I would personally love to have R.Bell alongside Q & Stephon but that won't happen anytime soon,will it???If there's a 2 guard or small Forward who can hit the 3 consistently& play defense well,he's even a better fit until those bad contracts expire!! Can you name such players who are available,Wiseguy??????? If so,please name them!!I haven't heard of such players available!!!

12th man

Look Metrocard,If Crawford was more consistent from the perimeter/3pt. Line like Q and Marbury,we could stand pat for a while.But he's not!!He gives me the willies with his Inconsistency!!I would personally love to have R.Bell alongside Q & Stephon but that won't happen anytime soon,will it???If there's a 2 guard or small Forward who can hit the 3 consistently& play defense well,he's even a better fit until those bad contracts expire!! Can you name such players who are available,Wiseguy??????? If so,please name them!!I haven't heard of such players available!!!
    I agree Raja Bell would be the perfect fit for this team. But he's almost untradable.

Why not have 3pt shooting at one wing position and defense at the other? We could have Richardson at the 2, he plays above average defense anyways.

At the 3, we can have a top 3 defensive player in Artest. We we need to give up is Fyre/Francis or Crawford plus maybe a draft pick for Artest and Williamson or contract that can make this thread go threw.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I agree Raja Bell would be the perfect fit for this team. But he's almost untradable.

Why not have 3pt shooting at one wing position and defense at the other? We could have Richardson at the 2, he plays above average defense anyways.

At the 3, we can have a top 3 defensive player in Artest. We we need to give up is Fyre/Francis or Crawford plus maybe a draft pick for Artest and Williamson or contract that can make this thread go threw.
    Not bad,Artest can hit a 3,but is said trade even possible??????I would go for it if it was possible,even with his baggage!! Absolutely!!But,would Thomas go for it???????

12th man

Not bad,Artest can hit a 3,but is said trade even possible??????I would go for it if it was possible,even with his baggage!! Absolutely!!But,would Thomas go for it???????
    Most likely not, Fyre is Isiah's golden child. Isiah is too puss to trade him.

To get artest you would give up Frye and another small contract like Jeffiries to match salaries. Also, Sacremento would not want a over priced hurt player like Frances. I think Sacramento would make that trade, especially if Artest is not going to resign. I think it is a good trade for the Kings as well, Frye would do real good in the western up-beat tempo. Not sure about Artest to the Knicks though, he is a great defender but a poor teammate and even worse off the court. Might be the wrong role model for the young players. I like artest and I've been against him coming here in the past but I think I would have to make that trade but only if I knew that I had another deal in the works to bring in a 4 to replace Frye. Jamison can not be signed since we are over the cap, and what does the Knicks have that Washington (and former Knicks GM EG) would want back in a sign and trade (aceept Frye who would be traded for artest)? Curry? Then that leaves a hole at the 5 spot. They do not want any of our guards... So how would we get him? I love Antwan J! I think he is a great player, not the strongest D, but he would be better than Frye in the post. He also a proven Veteran with 5 years left in the league. Instead, maybe we can get Eaton Thomas from them in a trade. Again, not sure if they would take a guard for him, maybe QR. I know that the Wizards wanted QR for Kwame so EG likes him. Maybe try to sign Varejao in the off season. Could probably get him for the mid?!?!?! 6' 10" grabs rebounds plays D.... Sounds like someone the Knicks need.

12th man

Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    To get artest you would give up Frye and another small contract like Jeffiries to match salaries. Also, Sacremento would not want a over priced hurt player like Frances. I think Sacramento would make that trade, especially if Artest is not going to resign. I think it is a good trade for the Kings as well, Frye would do real good in the western up-beat tempo. Not sure about Artest to the Knicks though, he is a great defender but a poor teammate and even worse off the court. Might be the wrong role model for the young players. I like artest and I've been against him coming here in the past but I think I would have to make that trade but only if I knew that I had another deal in the works to bring in a 4 to replace Frye. Jamison can not be signed since we are over the cap, and what does the Knicks have that Washington (and former Knicks GM EG) would want back in a sign and trade (aceept Frye who would be traded for artest)? Curry? Then that leaves a hole at the 5 spot. They do not want any of our guards... So how would we get him? I love Antwan J! I think he is a great player, not the strongest D, but he would be better than Frye in the post. He also a proven Veteran with 5 years left in the league. Instead, maybe we can get Eaton Thomas from them in a trade. Again, not sure if they would take a guard for him, maybe QR. I know that the Wizards wanted QR for Kwame so EG likes him. Maybe try to sign Varejao in the off season. Could probably get him for the mid?!?!?! 6' 10" grabs rebounds plays D.... Sounds like someone the Knicks need.
    Varejao would be an excellent back up center for this team.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Varejao would be an excellent back up center for this team.
    Yes and an excellent 4 opposite Curry!

Veteran

Look Metrocard,If they sign Jamison in the offseason,that would make Frye expendable and he can play the 3 as well as the 4..
    how do we sign jamision ??? we are over the cap...

Cap,SCHMAP,Dolan makes more money than GOD!!!!!Sign Jamison to last long enough until Marbury and Francis's contracts all expire at the same time!!!If it doesn't work,the contracts will all expire at the same time and we'll be under the cap for the 1st time since the Lord knows when!!!Then we'll have approximately 20 mil in cap space for L.James,D.Wade and even KG!!!!!!!Spend Dolan's money until then who cares!!!!

Question Mark Who Cares???

If the penalty is just paying luxury tax to sign Jamison or someone like that that can help elevate this club in the short term until all those bad contracts expire,then,Who Cares????If there is a bigger penalty than that,then someone please inform me!

Angry Crawford Must Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shooting less than 40% form the field is not cutting ti in my book!!!!!We need to trade this turkey b4 he costs us a playoff berth!!!!!!!!!!!! Yo Metrocard,put Crawford & Isiah together in a picture with Bozo the clown getups on!!!!!!!!!Forget that Curry crap!! Crawford's freelancing is killing this team!!!!!

12th man

George...mi amigo

DEFENSE.

Metrocard,Crawford needs to go for a more consistent shooter!!We have plenty of defensive players on the bench!!!!!! Do Collins,Balkman,etc. ring a bell!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...but who would want JC? Maybe Seattle or another team that would want to shake there team up. Marbury, Q-Rich, and Curry...these are our scoring options and they need to be emphasized in the offense...if that's possible right now since they are all averaging 20+ points in the month of Jan. But the puzzling questions that this team was facing at the beginning of the season are now starting to be answered....