Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 138

Thread: The thread to end them all: Post your plan to fix Knicks here

  1. #106
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Apologies!!!!!

    I was unaware of the Hard Cap Rule however,I can't stand that MetroCrud any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I officially ignore that Jerkoff!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got to be the dumbest!!!! Anyway,I apologize to anyone except Metrocrud,please forgive the poor posts!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by George M.
    I was unaware of the Hard Cap Rule however,I can't stand that MetroCrud any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I officially ignore that Jerkoff!!!!!!!!!!!! He's got to be the dumbest!!!! Anyway,I apologize to anyone except Metrocrud,please forgive the poor posts!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Donchris:I like that lineup idea except for Jeffries.Lee usually works with that unit,and what i'm alluding to is JJ's poor rebounding.If he rebounded better that lineup would be solid.What trade if any do you think could be done???????????

  3. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're going to get banned, or you deserve to get banned. You post like a mentally retarded angry ignorant slut. Stop it already. People here are discussing basketball and you have to be the ****ing geek to disrupt everything. JUST SHUT UP ALREADY. If you have something to stupid to say, don't post.

    Like I said George, DEFENSE. You don't understand it. CAP SPACE. You don't understand. Bringing Jamison to the Knicks will make us soften defensely. I'm guessing you play NBA Live all day, and never really followed a NBA franchise for a decent ammount of time. Your ideas are ridiculous and make zero sense. We have no cap space to sign Jamison, your ideas are worst than DonChris who wanted Gerald Wallace to come to the Knicks without trade or free agent signing. USE LOGIC, no one understands you.
    Hey you!! you SUCK!!!!!!!!! Balls in your Jaws!!!!!!!! Never adress me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    rady edit
    post has been warned. that's a 5 days of ban for George M. for repeated insults. I would like to ask everbody on the board, stop replying to any kind of insults directed to you, as it would make my job much easier. For example, i should have given metro a warning too, but since he got so many in the past 2 weeks i'll let this go this time.
    Thanks
    Last edited by rady; Jan 25, 2007 at 04:25.

  4. #109
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Reading the first few parts of this thread was pretty entertaining. The first few parts only because after the first two sections it turned to bickering and fighting. I turned to the last page and there wasn’t a hint of the topic in hand but still more bickering and fighting. May this post steer the discussion towards the topic again for some good old rebuilding suggestions for our beloved Knicks. If any of my suggestions reflect some already mentioned that is probably between sections 3-8 I apologize but everything that I would be coming up with is my own because there no sense taking credit for something you stole. If there is money involved that’s a different situation. LOL

    I think the Knicks are pretty good now, compared of course from the last two years. But I believe a big part of their success lies on the shoulders of Stephon. His coming on quite a bit before this recent injury and his health would be a big part of any success that they would have for the rest of the season. Im not a Marbury fan but he is important to this team, so for me he stays. Nobody would want him anyways. LOL.

    I kept on seeing the Francis to Memphis idea on the first two section of the thread. Well its one of the best ideas I saw but with all due respect I think it would definitely not work, due primarily to the fact that Memphis would not want Francis, especially now with an injury that has sidelined him for quite sometime now. Francis relies on his explosiveness in going to the basket but with his current injury he can kiss that explosiveness good bye and if I noticed this, at least all the other 29 GM’s already know this. So dealing stevie would be close to impossible. If he comes back and is able to play, Thomas should use him as often as he could to create some sort of interest in him again and this may give the team a chance to ditch him for the ever so important expiring contract of eddie jones.

    I’ll continue discussing the other players on the team but due to the lack of time here is a trade that can work:

    NYK sends Steve Francis and Jerome James for Jamaal Magloire and Raef Lafrentz. (Trade checker real gm.com)

    Due to New York and Portland being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Portland had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

    It’s a longshot to get Portland to ok this deal but it’s worth a shot. If and when francis gets some kind of resemblance of his old form then this trade would definitely work. The best part of this deal for the knicks is getting rid of Jerome James and his ubber huge a** and contract. The get an expiring contract for in magloire but also take raef’s contract, it expires the same year as francis so its not that bad considering he can be a reliable 3rd center behind curry and magloire with that sweet white boy stroke from 3 point land.

    What do you guys think???

  5. #110
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    nobody is taking franchise for 2 more years... in 09 when his contract is set to expire, there will be takers... until then...

    as to jerome.. if I.T. gets someone to take him, he will be the exceutive of the year...

  6. #111
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yup you are right that is why finding some value for francis now would be the best way to go about if the knicks try to move him. He can still play, isiah just needs to make other gm's realize that. But with the news that pau gasol want s to be traded, I think have a good proposal that the knicks can offer.

    NY sends Jamal Crawford, Channing Frye and Jared Jeffries (add a 2nd round pick for good measure) for Pau Gasol and Dahntay Jones

    For NY, they get the multi talented gasol to pair up with eddy curry. I don’t know about you but I think that is going to be an awesome frontline and probably the best in the east if its going to happen. Pau plays more of an outside-inside game compared to the rugged inside game of curry. Both of the would draw double teams and pass to each other for the inside hoop or kick out to Q for some 3 point bombs. Knicks also get a versatile swing man in jones. He’s a pretty good perimeter defender that can offset the loss of Jared Jeffries. This will also create more room for David Lee because he is going to be the no 1 option from the bench that can either go in as a 3 or 4. We loose points with Crawford going but I pau’s scoring may offset that and this also creates more shot opportunities for other players preferably curry, lee and gasol because they take high percentage shots.

    I think Memphis will consider this deal because Crawford would be well suited for the offense they have right now. Frye has the potential of being great and 30 min a game and a starting gig may charge him up. They also get Jeffries who I have nothing good to say about because he sucks but I think Memphis can use him as a 4 for a faster line up.

    I think this would be the best deal for New York right now.

  7. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Mark

    After using ESPN's trade machine, how about this trade scenario:

    Nate/Malik/Cato (2nd round pick?) to Chicago for:
    Duhon/PJ Brown

    Now, this would be a great trade for us, (if Chicago is dumb enough to do it) but I think it might be attractive to them because:

    1) PJ has been complaining all year about playing time and has been asking out for some time;

    2) They get an explosive player like Nate off the bench to compliment Gordon (which they sorely need) and possibly (with his potential if he slows his ass down and grows up) a very solid player for the future;

    3) Malik provides that savvy veteran leadership that could possibly propel them deeper into the playoffs because of his experiences in San Antonio;

    4) Plus, according to SI.com, Duhon has been riding the pine for three games now because Skiles is giving Sefolosha a look.

    Now, for us:

    1) With Duhon, we get a true point guard that can actually defend ther perimeter and run the team to compliment Stef;

    2) With PJ, we basically get an upgraded Malik who is taller, plays better defense, and comes off the books this summer.

    3) We may lose Cato, but we may get him back due to the Herb William's effect (trade the player away to match contracts, then resign him when they release him for the minimum.)

    In conclusion, I do not think we need to make any drastic changes, but my love/hate relationship with Nate has worn out. The only time he is effective is when we are down by twenty and the team running us out of the gym laxes their D and he starts going on his streaks. But, besides his game winner last year agst. Philly at the Garden, has he been effective during those intense, competitive games? I think not. Therefore, I feel that if Chicago falls for temptation of Nate's upside, this will be a huge gain for us if we want to make a playoff run.

  8. #113
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    "NYK sends Steve Francis and Jerome James for Jamaal Magloire and Raef Lafrentz."
    Portland will never go for it because of the obvious, what are they getting!?!?! Between the 2 of them you are looking at 3-4 years more on their perspective contracts and no productivity from the players. Frances in on the decline due to reoccuring injuries and JJ is over weight and under motivated. If Isiah could pull that trade off, he would totally redeem himself with the NY media and fans.
    "NY sends Jamal Crawford, Channing Frye and Jared Jeffries (add a 2nd round pick for good measure) for Pau Gasol and Dahntay Jones"
    This is a better "looking" trade but I was under the impression that Jones and Gay is the future of Memphis. Gasol has a huge contract and has fallen short in crunch time but he is very talented and I would love him flanking Curry. Frye is a step in the right direction to getting him. I think Memphis would love to replace a massive salaried scoring big man with a young cheap scoring big man like Frye. I think NY can trade Rose's contract even though he was released. So you could add Rose's contract for the expiring money and maybe throw in a future pick. I think Indiana and/or Memphis would be tempted by that deal. D Jones is a nice player but another guy that wants to be that "man" and the Knicks are full of those type of players. I would try to use Crawford in another deal. Find a team that wants a outside sharp shooter to compliment their inside game. I would see if the Bobcats would like him. See if crawford and an uprotected future 1 could land Gerald Wallace.

  9. #114
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by eastlinykfan
    After using ESPN's trade machine, how about this trade scenario:

    Nate/Malik/Cato (2nd round pick?) to Chicago for:
    Duhon/PJ Brown

    Now, this would be a great trade for us, (if Chicago is dumb enough to do it) but I think it might be attractive to them because:

    1) PJ has been complaining all year about playing time and has been asking out for some time;

    2) They get an explosive player like Nate off the bench to compliment Gordon (which they sorely need) and possibly (with his potential if he slows his ass down and grows up) a very solid player for the future;

    3) Malik provides that savvy veteran leadership that could possibly propel them deeper into the playoffs because of his experiences in San Antonio;

    4) Plus, according to SI.com, Duhon has been riding the pine for three games now because Skiles is giving Sefolosha a look.

    Now, for us:

    1) With Duhon, we get a true point guard that can actually defend ther perimeter and run the team to compliment Stef;

    2) With PJ, we basically get an upgraded Malik who is taller, plays better defense, and comes off the books this summer.

    3) We may lose Cato, but we may get him back due to the Herb William's effect (trade the player away to match contracts, then resign him when they release him for the minimum.)

    In conclusion, I do not think we need to make any drastic changes, but my love/hate relationship with Nate has worn out. The only time he is effective is when we are down by twenty and the team running us out of the gym laxes their D and he starts going on his streaks. But, besides his game winner last year agst. Philly at the Garden, has he been effective during those intense, competitive games? I think not. Therefore, I feel that if Chicago falls for temptation of Nate's upside, this will be a huge gain for us if we want to make a playoff run.

    Malik has 2 more years on his contract, so he is untradeable unless Isiah is fired and takes over the GM spot for another team, then we might be able to trade him. The only player(s) the Bulls want from NY is Lee or Frye, but who does the Bulls have that we need? Deng? Deng is a nice all around player but not worth a Frye or a Lee unless we could land a Gasol or O'neil.

    Here's what I think the Knicks should do. I might be repeating prior posts, so bare with me:
    This off season sign Varejao from Cleveland for the Mid (I think you would get him for that). If we could make that happen, use either Frye or Lee to get Deng or a simliar type of player. The problem the Knicks have is they are a combo of young developing players, over the hill veterans with huge, untradeable contracts and shooters. There is no balance of offense and defense. Varejao would bring D up front and Deng would bring D to the 3/2 spot. Richardson off the bench and trade Crawford.

  10. #115
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,665
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    not saying its won't work, but i thought we got jefferies with last years mid cap for "D"

  11. #116
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Metro you may be one of the most ignorant Knicks fans I’ve ever seen. Just look at your cute little pictures below your posts. Isiah has made some of the worst personnel moves the world has ever seen, but on the flip side he's made some tremendous ones. Tracy McGrady, Damon Stoudmire, David Lee with the 30th pick, and Balkman who the whole world including myself thought was an awful pick.

    Personally I really can’t really complain about anything Isiah has done coaching wise this season. If I were the coach I’d start David Lee but Fyre was your number 7 pick and you really don’t want to shatter his confidence this early by moving him to the bench. And if you really think about it Fyre would never be the spark of the bench Lee is, so it’s kind of a catch 22. But other than some little things I really can’t complain about his overall coaching this year. It’s not his fault that his players choose not to show up for a game and fall behind 27-3. That’s a matter of personal pride a player should have inside of himself to not let that happen. Would that run ever have happened with John Starks, or Charles Oakley on the team? No chance in Hell.

    As far as my plans to fix the team… It’s going to be tough. There’s no 3-step plan that’s going to fix this team. But I really wish posters on the forums would stop posting these outlandish trades. We’re not getting KG, Artest, Rashard Lewis, or any of the other names that have been thrown on there.


    Below are a few doable ideas that may help this team.


    Hire Charles Oakley or Patrick Ewing as an assistant coach:
    Now I know Ewing quit his previous job to have time to watch his son play basketball but I really think if the team made him the right deal he’d consider coming aboard. If not Charles Oakley would be a good choice. Mark Aguirre obviously knows what he’s doing working with the Big guys on the offense side of the court but if you bring in a Ewing or Oakley to the staff they can hopefully teach Curry and Frye more of the defensive and rebounding tricks and tactics they direly need. Also both guys know what it takes to play under the spotlight of NY

    Look to make minor deals.
    Malik Rose has an awful contract but I find it hard to believe that a veteran team in need veteran bench help wouldn’t be interested. Now I’m not saying making a trade for a player or anything of that nature. My idea is trade him for a 2nd round pick and pay some of his contract to make it more appealing to the other team. I figure we’ll be drafting at around the 20th position due to the Eddy Curry trade. So maybe if a player that would really help us is available at say the 17th pick we could package our #1 and the second rd pick we acquired from the Rose trade. Worst-case scenario we keep this second pick. Again Isiah may be ****ty at trades but he did draft Ariza in the second round.

    Buyout Francis Contract
    As much as we’d all like to think somebody would take a shot and give us a good young player for Francis its not going to happen. I know he has an 80 rating in NBA2k but that’s about the highlight of his season. He’s old with a bum knee and just isn’t the same player. Cut your loses and move on.


    Be harder on Players like Nate and Jamal
    We all want to be a playoff team this year but even if that somehow happened we wouldn’t be a contender. This is why I say when Nate or Jamal puts up one of their bonehead shots or passes immediately send them to the bench. If you remember Larry Brown did that with Crawford last year and by the second half of the year he was by far our best player I don’t remember the exact stats but he was averaging around 16 points and 6 assists the last 30 games or so. Mardy Collins has shown no offense this season but one thing you know a Temple kid will do is play defense. So if Nate doesn’t want to commit to defense or Jamal wants to the turn the ball over yank them out of the game. It may cost a game now and then but in the long run it will make us better.

    Posters like Metro slurp Marbury constantly but don’t realize, every time the Knicks win it seems like Crawford has an instrumental role in the victory. Also he has a great repertoire with Curry whom the team is obviously trying to build around.

    Crawford is still young. He makes stupid plays but you can’t give up on him yet.


    Just a few thoughts. Nothing major but i really thing growth, chemistry and small tweaks here and there are what the team needs.
    Isiah is cute now? You're one of the gayest Knick fans I ever seen.

    Hope off Isiah. McGrady and Stoudamire aren't on the Knicks.

    Lee was a good pick, but the front office made Isiah picked Lee.

    You're wrong. Rose has no value in the NBA, there are plenty of good locker room guys, and Rose's contract is untradable. No one in the league would want a piece of it. Think realistic.

    Posters like you SLURP Crawford whenever he has a good game, which he needs to have 5 bad games for a good game. Jamal scoring 50 points shouldn't mean anything. He shouldn't be the starting SG of this team now and in the future. He's not a primary option, he has the worst shot selection in the NBA, and he's still under 40% even after his 50 point preformance. Crawford isn't a player you want leading your team.

    Jamal has won 8 games for us, (this is a stat you can't even think of, shows your IQ of the Knicks), but he has lost MANY more for us. If Crawford is so clutch, bench him for 3 quaters and let him chuck the outcome of the game in the 4th.

    Marbury is the best guard on this team, he's superior to Crawford, Francis and Robinson. Without Marbury, we would have a really poor season, even though we're already bad.

    Building about Curry and Crawford? Chicago tried it, and they've been the worst team in the league for it. Knicks are doing it, and look at our position in the NBA. Bottom feeders. Is that what you want?

    You are one of those low self esteem depressed Isiah droned Knick fans who don't care if the team wins, or has a future in the NBA. Its nice to root for your players, but you need to be realstic. This is your problem, people can't be real about things cause they don't want to face the facts.

    Crawford's clutchness is REALLY overrated. He has played 0 playoff games in his career. First, lets see him atleast help his TEAM to get to the playoffs and be clutch in the playoffs. Being clutch in 8 games a season, but losing 45-55 games isn't really that impressive to me. Maybe you're Jamal Crawford's cousin, or Isiah's abannoned son. Theres no reason to be impressed by Crawford's game. He's been the same player since he his 3rd year in the NBA.

    Its funny your name is "GetRealstic", especially with what you post. Its also funnier that you just registered for this site, and two ignore posters replied back right after you. Especially since those two ignored posters always post one after another. Just funny stuff.


    Anyway, I've been so blasted this week, I don't remember the last time I was sober, probably a week ago. Well you got a sober Jose, who just dropped some knowledge booooooooy. Ahaha, Maddie, whats up?

  12. #117
    Superstar The 1 and Only's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    995
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Dag...I know I'm not the only one...but I thought garbage knick fans were officially off this site...especially when no one agrees or acknowledges his "theories" of building a successful team.

    Back on topic....

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    Malik has 2 more years on his contract, so he is untradeable unless Isiah is fired and takes over the GM spot for another team, then we might be able to trade him. The only player(s) the Bulls want from NY is Lee or Frye, but who does the Bulls have that we need? Deng? Deng is a nice all around player but not worth a Frye or a Lee unless we could land a Gasol or O'neil.

    Here's what I think the Knicks should do. I might be repeating prior posts, so bare with me:
    This off season sign Varejao from Cleveland for the Mid (I think you would get him for that). If we could make that happen, use either Frye or Lee to get Deng or a simliar type of player. The problem the Knicks have is they are a combo of young developing players, over the hill veterans with huge, untradeable contracts and shooters. There is no balance of offense and defense. Varejao would bring D up front and Deng would bring D to the 3/2 spot. Richardson off the bench and trade Crawford.
    I like the signing of Varejao...that's if he doesn't want to return to Cleveland. I like Deng but if we have to trade Frye for Deng then that would hurt the development of Balkman. I like and have enough faith in balkman that I think we should let him develop into a deadly defensive stopper. Deng isn't going to do that for us. But I would sign Varejao in a heartbeat...Q-Rich's D has been a major factor and Marbury has stepped it up on D also. Subtle moves, developing our young players, and letting contracts expire is the best thing we can do while letting our chemistry grow stronger.

  13. #118
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Metro i just had a real quick question for you. How many playoff series has superstar Marbury won? And don't give me the excuse he's never had any talent around him. Because Jason Kidd took Keith Van Horn and Kerry Kittles to finals.

    Obviously Crawfords performance last night isn't a real gadge on what type of player he is. But if you really would take a 30 + year old Marbury over Crawford you are nuts. I really don't understand everybodies love affair with Marbury. He was born and raised in New York, big deal. What has he ever done to help this team. I'm not going to argue that hes playing good basketball right now. But when u look at the big picture by the time this team gets turned around he won't be here. Well unless he resigns for a contract that he's worth (but if you really think loyalty and all the garbage he spits matters to him your dead wrong.) The fact the guy refers to himself as Starbury is a joke.

    But i'm not going to have this arguement cause theres no winning it with you type of fans. You say I've drank the Isiah kool aid or whatever but 90 percent of this site has drank the Marbury kool aid the only difference is Isiah atleast was a winner. Marbury hasn't won a damm thing since Lincoln High School.

    You guys are the same fans that think Steve Francis and Nate Robinson are going to land us KG.

  14. #119
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think what we have to establish are the players that we are going to keep or players that we have to keep.

    As mentioned above we can say that J.J is one of the players that we have to keep because he has little to no trade value. I think Lee, Curry and Marbury are the keepers.

  15. #120
    Member theknicks3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    260
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    i would take Marbury over Crawford. Crawford shoots under 40 % only has a few more points that Marbs, but Marbury has fg% and assists. Marbury is helping to develop some players, like Curry and Lee, but Crawford is taking their shoots away, Cmon get realistic

Similar Threads

  1. Lampe signs with NY Knicks
    By KnickFan2080 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 23:17
  2. Knicks Draft: Media Feedback
    By Die Dolan Die in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 01, 2006, 05:04
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2006, 18:37
  4. The Centers Thread
    By torres in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2004, 16:21
  5. 11 Names on the Knicks Wanted List
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: May 06, 2004, 22:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •